Author Topic: The Official 2010 NBA Playoffs Thread  (Read 36375 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: The Official 2010 NBA Playoffs Thread
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2010, 09:42:27 PM »
BB, man the lakers need something quick, there not slumping there downright awful, I think artest has not helped as much as one would think he would.

Spurs may upset the lakers in the first round

Yeah they played another lousy game today.  I don't see any sense of urgency.  I don't like the idea of cruising until the playoffs, but looks like that's what they're doing.  Now they've dropped behind Orlando for second best record in the NBA. 

Artest did okay defensively again today.  I'm sure he'll get comfortable with the offense till next year.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »
Cruising into the playoffs?

Kinda like how the Lakers are doing? 6 losses in the last 9 games? Laker faithful are blowing it off because they've wrapped up the conference's top seed awhile ago.

If the Lakers end up playing San Antonio in the first round of the playoffs, look out. lakers better hope Bynum is healthy and ready to go. If not, who guards Duncan? Pau? Not at the risk of collecting cheap fouls. Double teams? Maybe but you better hope the Spurs aern't hitting from outside.

A possible Lakers/Spurs opening playoff series has a lot of intrigue to it. The west is so loaded this year. It looks like all playoff teams will hit 50 wins. Unreal.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2010, 05:35:19 PM »
Cruising into the playoffs?

Kinda like how the Lakers are doing? 6 losses in the last 9 games? Laker faithful are blowing it off because they've wrapped up the conference's top seed awhile ago.

If the Lakers end up playing San Antonio in the first round of the playoffs, look out. lakers better hope Bynum is healthy and ready to go. If not, who guards Duncan? Pau? Not at the risk of collecting cheap fouls. Double teams? Maybe but you better hope the Spurs aern't hitting from outside.

A possible Lakers/Spurs opening playoff series has a lot of intrigue to it. The west is so loaded this year. It looks like all playoff teams will hit 50 wins. Unreal.
\

I said cruising "until", not cruising "into" the playoffs. 

The Spurs will be a tough matchup for anyone.  I think they're the only real threat to LA in the West. 

Duncan is a shell of his former all world self.  Pau dominated him defensively two games ago, twice blocking his shot.  Duncan came back the next game and worked Pau.  Would be good battle in a seven game series.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2010, 04:20:08 PM »
I am so pissed off at the Lakers this year, I won't be mad if they get KO'd of the first rd!  >:(
((-::

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2010, 04:44:02 PM »
I am so pissed off at the Lakers this year, I won't be mad if they get KO'd of the first rd!  >:(

they wont...they got lucky and got the thunder...had they got the spurs they might have been out in 1st rd..
DAWG

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2010, 10:03:40 AM »
they wont...they got lucky and got the thunder...had they got the spurs they might have been out in 1st rd..
Thunder's no picnic either.   They can't even beat the Clips   for Christ sake!     I AM pulling for them   but like I said   they are on my shit list when they play like crap!   They shoot low percentage shots with no one to rebound (just in case)......when all they have to do is go to the hole!    Jackson may have to get off his ass and coach this Playoff season!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2010, 11:02:20 AM »
I'm not very confident in my Lakers this year.  I think they probably lose to Orlando in the finals.   :'(

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2010, 11:03:18 AM »
Made this a sticky.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2010, 11:28:35 AM »
I'm not very confident in my Lakers this year.  I think they probably lose to Orlando in the finals.   :'(
IF they make the FINALS!    >:(   I am over the loss to the Clips  as I know the starters were pulled and we had injuries.  But they have played off beat throuh out the whole year.  How they won the west, is the fact the West is sorry.    Seeing Kobe curse out Gasol tells me this team is out of it.   We are great  but we aren't playing great!    Frustrating!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2010, 11:37:21 AM »
IF they make the FINALS!    >:(   I am over the loss to the Clips  as I know the starters were pulled and we had injuries.  But they have played off beat throuh out the whole year.  How they won the west, is the fact the West is sorry.    Seeing Kobe curse out Gasol tells me this team is out of it.   We are great  but we aren't playing great!    Frustrating!

The West is still tough.  I think every team in the playoffs won at least 50 games. 

The good thing about the seeding is the Mavs v. Spurs in the first round.  Glad we get rid of one of them.  Hopefully the Mavs knock off the Spurs, because I think LA would have an easier time with Dallas.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2010, 11:45:44 AM »
The West is still tough.  I think every team in the playoffs won at least 50 games. 

The good thing about the seeding is the Mavs v. Spurs in the first round.  Glad we get rid of one of them.  Hopefully the Mavs knock off the Spurs, because I think LA would have an easier time with Dallas.
I don't even feel safe playing any team in TEXAS!!!!!!!   I may have to go to El Segundo and streghten things out! Odom is really the only one I trust right now.   Not Kobe not even Gasol and certainly not Farmar!!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2010, 12:14:30 PM »
I don't even feel safe playing any team in TEXAS!!!!!!!   I may have to go to El Segundo and streghten things out! Odom is really the only one I trust right now.   Not Kobe not even Gasol and certainly not Farmar!!!!!

Odom?  He hasn't been entirely consistent.  Pau has actually played the best ball down the stretch.  Farmar doesn't even start.  Things don't look too promising right now, but we still have the best player on the planet, so all may not be lost.   :)

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »
Odom?  He hasn't been entirely consistent.  Pau has actually played the best ball down the stretch.  Farmar doesn't even start.  Things don't look too promising right now, but we still have the best player on the planet, so all may not be lost.   :)
Having Kobe is good but it may be one of those moments where he HAS to get 40 in order for us to win.   Odom is full of energy. Gasol seems a bit frustrated by what the refs are allowing and on the plays called. I still say all we have to concentrate on is getting the ball to him in the hole and work off that.   Those downtown 3's don't always go in  and no one is ever around to rebound!   IF we win it all this year, I am taking a long summer vacation....maybe to cancoon!!!!!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2010, 12:37:21 PM »
I hope the lakers get bounced out in the 1st round, i dont want to see khloe kardashian more then i have to

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2010, 12:38:57 PM »
I hope the lakers get bounced out in the 1st round

c'mon dude you don't really think that's even a slight possibility, do you?

E
E

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2010, 12:45:23 PM »
c'mon dude you don't really think that's even a slight possibility, do you?

E

unfortunately i dont.

I think if they meet the cavs they will be bounced, i feel kobe's finger is fucked up, he was in a shooting slump for the last 3-4 games...Last year they had a ariza making game winning steals, lets see artest do that.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2010, 01:40:21 PM »
I'm not very confident in my Lakers this year.  I think they probably lose to Orlando in the finals.   :'(

I LOL'ed when I read this...ha ha oh brother...I'm not very confident in my team but yet I already have them going to the finals....

Oh yea and lol to Orlando in finals...as I am that confident in my team...no way cavs don't go to finals...no way no how...yea I'm that confident....
DAWG

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2010, 02:41:22 PM »
I LOL'ed when I read this...ha ha oh brother...I'm not very confident in my team but yet I already have them going to the finals....

Oh yea and lol to Orlando in finals...as I am that confident in my team...no way cavs don't go to finals...no way no how...yea I'm that confident....

That's right.  I don't see them losing to anyone in the West except San Antonio.  I don't think the Cavs will beat Orlando in the Eastern Confernce Finals.  And I think the Magic are playing better basketball than the Lakers. 

You sounded pretty confident last year, made all sorts of predictions, etc. about the Cavs, so you should really be laughing at yourself.   :)

I think it's pretty wide open this year. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2010, 02:49:55 PM »
That's right.  I don't see them losing to anyone in the West except San Antonio.  I don't think the Cavs will beat Orlando in the Eastern Confernce Finals. 

haha ok...so your not confident in your team yet you have them going to the finals...you don't find that the least bit ironic?...

You sounded pretty confident last year, made all sorts of predictions, etc. about the Cavs, so you should really be laughing at yourself.   :)

yep I was and I did...but as confident as I was last year I'm ten fold more confident this year...In fact if you care to make a wager I'm game...
DAWG

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2010, 02:51:16 PM »
The Bobcats will take it all this year ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2010, 02:56:02 PM »
haha ok...so your not confident in your team yet you have them going to the finals...you don't find that the least bit ironic?...

yep I was and I did...but as confident as I was last year I'm ten fold more confident this year...In fact if you care to make a wager I'm game...

Not ironic at all.  I'm fairly confident the Lakers can get to Finals, with the possible exception of losing to the Spurs.  I'm not very confident they can win the Finals against Orlando.  Nothing ironic about that at all.  Just being realistic. 

No thanks.  I don't bet.  And I definitely don't bet money on sports.  We have no idea what's going to happen.  Too many uncontrollable variables:  injuries, slumps, flukes, etc. 

The Cavs will have to make a believer out of me.  I wasn't impressed last year and I'm not really impressed this year. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2010, 03:06:28 PM »
Not ironic at all.  I'm fairly confident the Laker's can get to Finals, with the possible exception of losing to the Spurs.  I'm not very confident they can win the Finals against Orlando.  Nothing ironic about that at all.  Just being realistic.  

No thanks.  I don't bet.  And I definitely don't bet money on sports.  We have no idea what's going to happen.  Too many uncontrollable variables:  injuries, slumps, flukes, etc.  

The Cavs will have to make a believer out of me.  I wasn't impressed last year and I'm not really impressed this year.  

1st You keep saying your not confident in them beating Orlando like that is a for gone conclusion Orlando will be the team...2nd so you are confident they beat anyone else in the east?just not Orlando...

3rd I wasn't talking about beting money maybe a Sig/avatar bet....were you have to put what ever avatar I want and what ever message bellow it for a certain time period and vice versa...

and 4th the cavs are not the same team as last year(and how do they not impress u this year)...they have the experience now plus Jamison & shaq....They will make believers out of everyone...you will all be witnesses...
DAWG

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2010, 03:15:10 PM »
1st You keep saying your not confident in them beating Orlando like that is a for gone conclusion Orlando will be the team...2nd so you are confident they beat anyone else in the east?just not Orlando...

3rd I wasn't talking about beting money maybe a Sig/avatar bet....were you have to put what ever avatar I want and what ever message bellow it for a certain time period and vice versa...

and 4th the cavs are not the same team as last year...they have the experience now plus Jamison & shaq....They will make believers out of everyone...you will all be witnesses...

1.  Nothing is a forgone conclusion.  In my opinion, the Cavs will not beat Orlando.  I'm not even convinced the Cavs can beat Boston. 

2.  Yes Orlando is the only team from the East I'm worried about.  I think LA would beat Cleveland in a seven game series. 

3.  No thanks.  I would maybe bet on something I have control over (like when I've bet my kids about lifting in the gym), but not when a bunch of prima donnas are playing a game.

4.  Yes the Cavs are better this year.  They definitely have a chance to win it all. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
1.  Nothing is a forgone conclusion.  In my opinion, the Cavs will not beat Orlando.  I'm not even convinced the Cavs can beat Boston. 

2.  Yes Orlando is the only team from the East I'm worried about.  I think LA would beat Cleveland in a seven game series. 

3.  No thanks.  I would maybe bet on something I have control over (like when I've bet my kids about lifting in the gym), but not when a bunch of prima donnas are playing a game.

4.  Yes the Cavs are better this year.  They definitely have a chance to win it all. 

all I can say is time will tell...I think your in for a rude awakening this year....
DAWG

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2010, 03:36:41 PM »
all I can say is time will tell...I think your in for a rude awakening this year....

We'll see.  I doubt I'll have a rude awakening, because I'm not making any bold predictions.  I'll be surprised if a team other than the Magic, Lakers, or Spurs wins a title.

I've already said the Cavs definitely have a shot to win a title.  I just don't think they will.