Author Topic: Dorian Yates - overrated!  (Read 254656 times)

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Dorian Yates is ugly as fuck
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 05:10:22 AM »
 When I said Dorian is ugly I wasn't taking about his face, I was talking about his physique. Supposedly it was the best in the world for a while there, but in my opinion he was an overhyped poster boy.

Thick ugly midsection, fucked up arms, ugly symmetry.

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 07:12:10 AM »
here's nasser a lucky guy... because he never won the O... he never could be voted the most ugly mr. olympia...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 07:22:29 AM »
please repost within this or past decade,due to dorian being out of the game a mere 13 yrs,,,,,

x2.  Is ShipSekki always this late to a party.  ::)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 07:36:34 AM »
His new wifeage ain't lookin' too shabby...
Yeah she's hot. Glauce Ferreira right?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 07:43:49 AM »

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 07:47:56 AM »
who is this awful gimmick ?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 07:56:35 AM »
When I said Dorian is ugly I wasn't taking about his face, I was talking about his physique. Supposedly it was the best in the world for a while there, but in my opinion he was an overhyped poster boy.

Yes, Dorian was overrated, but get over it.
A

beefcakeblake

• Getbig II
  • There is no Bathroom aggh(arnold voice)
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 08:53:03 PM »
Branch Warren got 2nd last year.

The judging is bullshit. Always has been.

branch deserved 2nd last year he was harder,bigger,better conditioned, just plain made dex look soft.

dorian deserved all his wins, if you dont agree learn how bodybuilding is judged.

Cool Beats

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 08:54:49 PM »
people always defended his wins by saying 'he was grainy!"

maybe video/in person explain that... pics dont seem to.

Still, Shawn, flex and cormier could all disagree with their placings to him.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 08:55:41 PM »
branch deserved 2nd last year he was harder,bigger,better conditioned, just plain made dex look soft.

dorian deserved all his wins, if you dont agree learn how bodybuilding is judged.

I started a thread a while ago asking about hw bodybuilding is judged and nobody seemed to know.

Care to explain?

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 10:55:51 PM »

I swear Dorian is the thickest bodybuilder from front to back ever.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 11:59:16 PM »

x2.  Is ShipSekki always this late to a party.  ::)
Lol
A

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 12:12:22 AM »
I swear Dorian is the thickest bodybuilder from front to back ever.

watching that video.......it really becomes difficult to dignify any of the arguments made against dorian yates.

that video shows the MOST balanced, driest, bodybuilder of all time

he was so far ahead of the rest of the competition there (the competition being some of the greatest BBs of all time in their own right)............that is was not even fair

simply dominant...

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 12:14:03 AM »
watching that video.......it really becomes difficult to dignify any of the arguments made against dorian yates.

he was so far ahead of the rest of the competition there (the competition being some of the greatest BBs of all time in their own right)............that is was not even fair

simply dominant...
Ronnie owneds him.. ;D
A

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 12:43:44 AM »

simply dominant...

His left arm looks terrible and even his right arm looks small. His huge body overpowers his relatively small arms. That's not symettry. And that's Dorian Yates' major flaw, he's got a huge and wide torso, and his arms get dwarfed by it.

Also his abs look like shit.

Dryest of all time? I don't think so. I've seen lots of guys just as dry or dryer. It's impressive but nothing spectacular.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2010, 06:29:34 AM »
His left arm looks terrible and even his right arm looks small. His huge body overpowers his relatively small arms. That's not symettry. And that's Dorian Yates' major flaw, he's got a huge and wide torso, and his arms get dwarfed by it.

Also his abs look like shit.

Dryest of all time? I don't think so. I've seen lots of guys just as dry or dryer. It's impressive but nothing spectacular.

You're an idiot. Really, you are.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 07:12:19 AM »

That says just about all what there is to say, and that is true. On the other hand, his fans doesn't see it that way, they only see his greatness, not any faults of his physic. That is kind of funny, because he himself knows his weak points and talk about them in the interviews quite openly. Torn back and bicep, small forearms, wide waist, those are all visible in that video, but fans couldn't see them. In fact, he has one of the worst symmetry which has ever win the Mr. Olympia. If you stop the video at the 1.04, you see how good symmetry he did have in his back. At the point 1.54 and 2,08you can compare his biceps. 3.24 reveals that he was pregnant or something during that competition. Anyway, he was a winner with his overwhelming muscle mass and nobody can't deny that he was one of the greatest bodybuilders in his time. You also can not deny the fact, that there has been and will be better bb:s than he was in his best times.  

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2010, 07:14:55 AM »

"much" better midsection than ronnie  ::)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2010, 07:19:03 AM »

simply dominant...
  In his time there was Dorian and then there was everybody else! (Dorian simply dominated) biggest and freakiest (grainy hardness that no one else had) one of the first guys to go up to 300 lbs (and his back/we had never seen a back like that!) times change (and people catch up/Ronnie) but then he ruled supreme

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2010, 07:25:41 AM »
he himself knows his weak points ... small forearms

Dorian was known for his forearms. They were one of his best body parts. Easily better than Nasser's.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2010, 07:36:39 AM »
Dorian was known for his forearms. They were one of his best body parts. Easily better than Nasser's.

Don't try and educate these ignorant girls Kiwi, they're beyond help.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2010, 01:22:48 PM »
Don't try and educate these ignorant girls Kiwi, they're beyond help.
+1
And to the dude who said his abs look like shit,
Dorian had one of the better Ab/Thigh poses. I dont know what the fuck youre looking at.
And to the guy that said his fans wont admit his weak points, Ill be the first to say he had small biceps compared to the rest of his Torso. However, that was his ONLY weakness.
Those who argue his gut usually forget that Ronnie had a worse gut, and didnt control it onstage as well as Dorian did, so its a mute point. (Not to mention Ronnies abs suck dick too.)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2010, 06:59:12 PM »
That's just about it....

His body is ugly as fuck. He is overrated. Big and ripped, but that's all. No symettry, no aestetics, just a big pile of shit.

How the hell are you able to post 23 times a day???? More importantly, WHY do you want to post 23 times a day?  :-\ :-\

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2010, 07:38:47 PM »

Where in Canada are you from? Something about the way you wrote tells me you're from a French speaking province in Canada. You ended a sentence with the word "there". That is a very FRENCH thing to do. Are you a FRENCHY?

beefcakeblake

• Getbig II
  • There is no Bathroom aggh(arnold voice)
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2010, 09:10:39 PM »
Where in Canada are you from? Something about the way you wrote tells me you're from a French speaking province in Canada. You ended a sentence with the word "there". That is a very FRENCH thing to do. Are you a FRENCHY?

no I think he lives over seas or something not even a quebec frenchy would go that low. ;D
Cool Beats