Author Topic: Young Turks: Fox News Anchor - Racist Businesses Are Ok?  (Read 3318 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Young Turks: Fox News Anchor - Racist Businesses Are Ok?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 01:07:51 PM »
This issue is so far over your emotionally driven left wing heads you have no idea. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 01:11:04 PM »
If I own a buisiness why cant I decide who I serve?If Im a personal trainer do I have to train retards if I dont want to?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 01:14:09 PM »
Even Matthews admits Dr. Pauls' belief is on principle of small govt. 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/ns/msnbc_tv-hardball_with_chris_matthews#37263295

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 01:26:43 PM »
If you own a buisiness you wont care if the person is orange.If he has money,you serve him.This would be a problem for .00000000009 of all buisiness' in the country.NO BUISINESS is going to pass up a chance at money other then golf clubs.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 01:30:51 PM »
The problem with RP's idea is that the free market doesn't necessarily correct itself.  I remember not too long ago there was a thread on here about Muslim Taxi drivers refusing to carry anybody that had alcohol in their suitcases at airports.  And, if I remember correctly, there were many on this board talking about how that was wrong, it's bullshit, etc.  (Can't use the search fx, so I'm not going to bump the thread)

Nevertheless, I'm not convinced the market will weed out discriminatory businesses.  In this case, I suppose I would argue that the right of the people to maintain an integrated society outweighs a business owners rights.  But I can see the problems with that, so it's not an easy balance to strike.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 01:32:28 PM »
On an unrelated note...goddamn Megyn Kelly is looking hot as ever!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 01:33:21 PM »
The problem with RP's idea is that the free market doesn't necessarily correct itself.  I remember not too long ago there was a thread on here about Muslim Taxi drivers refusing to carry anybody that had alcohol in their suitcases at airports.  And, if I remember correctly, there were many on this board talking about how that was wrong, it's bullshit, etc.  (Can't use the search fx, so I'm not going to bump the thread)

Nevertheless, I'm not convinced the market will weed out discriminatory businesses.  In this case, I suppose I would argue that the right of the people to maintain an integrated society outweighs a business owners rights.  But I can see the problems with that, so it's not an easy balance to strike.

I have no problem with a muslim cab driver ONLY driving muslims.If he is willing to not get paid why should I have a problem with it?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 01:44:18 PM »
I have no problem with a muslim cab driver ONLY driving muslims.If he is willing to not get paid why should I have a problem with it?

Aren't all the cab drivers Muslim, lol?  Alright, jk.

Let's look from a different perspective.  Some private businesses must be used by the public.  For example, the gov't will now be contracting out to a non-profit private business to handle gov't student loans for education.  What if this business wanted to exclude people with red hair?  Should that be legal or illegal?  Or should it be that if you contract with the gov't, you lose some rights as a business owner and must accept everybody?  Where's the line?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 01:56:14 PM »

Aren't all the cab drivers Muslim, lol?  Alright, jk.

Let's look from a different perspective.  Some private businesses must be used by the public.  For example, the gov't will now be contracting out to a non-profit private business to handle gov't student loans for education.  What if this business wanted to exclude people with red hair?  Should that be legal or illegal?  Or should it be that if you contract with the gov't, you lose some rights as a business owner and must accept everybody?  Where's the line?

Where is the line/What if your running a personal training buisiness out of your house.Do you have to train blacks if you dont want to.This is why Paul said the issue needs to be debated.Of course he was debating a nit wit so it got turned into a racial issue.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 05:14:12 PM »

I made it to 3:22, that YT guy is an imbecile...

I really like John Stossel, he makes a lot of sense!
S

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 05:51:38 PM »
wow, this dude needs help.

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 08:43:06 PM »
People can boycott these racist businesses if they think it's so awful.  Private businesses should be free to do as they wish.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 10:27:54 PM »
This is really a non issue.  Private businesses cannot discriminate.  Private clubs and schools can.  That's not going to (and shouldn't) change. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 03:39:57 AM »
The problem with RP's idea is that the free market doesn't necessarily correct itself.

EXACTLY!!!

I remember not too long ago there was a thread on here about Muslim Taxi drivers refusing to carry anybody that had alcohol in their suitcases at airports.  And, if I remember correctly, there were many on this board talking about how that was wrong, it's bullshit, etc.  (Can't use the search fx, so I'm not going to bump the thread)

Yes, Rand Paul is arguing on principle, but it's complete lunacy to even entertain such an idea.

It's as ridiculous as saying 'on principle, legislation outlawing rape & murder should be repealed because it's infringes on people's freedom to do as they want. That's the whole idea.

It's ludicrous to assume the market will necessarily "correct' itself, only legislation does that.

In an ideal utopian just civilized society, no laws restricting murder or discrimination would be needed, but we don't live in an ideal utopian just civilized society, and as such laws are required in order to safeguard civiization.

The fact that this is even a topic for discussion in America today does not speak well for your society.  :'( :'(

w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 04:52:08 AM »
Jag:  Why should the govt force people to do business with people they dont want to do business with?  And its not just race. 

If I dont want to do business with koreans, why should the govt force me to? 

If Japanese people dont want to serve me, why should the govt force them?  I have no problem with that.

We are suppposed to be a free society.  I respect that someone might not want to business with me for whatever reason and am cool with that. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 04:59:02 AM »
Jag:  Why should the govt force people to do business with people they dont want to do business with?  And its not just race. 

If I dont want to do business with koreans, why should the govt force me to? 

If Japanese people don't want to serve me, why should the govt force them?  I have no problem with that.

We are supposed to be a free society.  I respect that someone might not want to business with me for whatever reason and am cool with that. 

If you don't care about being discriminated against, why should we adopt your approach.
If a Japanese business owner doesn't want to serve you and you're fine with that, ...then you have no need for the law. others are not cool with being discriminated against and it is for them that the law is designed ...you JACKASS!!!

Should there be laws against someone deciding to steal your car? ...or pilfer your bank accounts?
Wouldn't making laws against that be an infringement on the freedoms of car thieves and embezzlers?
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 05:05:00 AM »
My choosing not to do business with someone, or their choosing not to do business with me is not the same thing as someone forcibly stealing my property.   

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2010, 05:14:17 AM »
No shit!

Jag is arguing that being discriminated against is similar to being raped, or having your car stolen?

I'd rather be discriminated against than be raped or have my car stolen, but that's just me...
S

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 05:18:15 AM »
My choosing not to do business with someone, or their choosing not to do business with me is not the same thing as someone forcibly stealing my property.   

No it's not the same as someone forcibly stealing your property... however, discrimination does deprive you of being able to fully function in society. It appears you are incapable of understanding the ramifications, and the very real consequences and damages suffered by those systemically discriminated against. Bottom line is you're an idiot.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 05:20:01 AM »
No shit!

Jag is arguing that being discriminated against is similar to being raped, or having your car stolen?

I'd rather be discriminated against than be raped or have my car stolen, but that's just me...

No, I'm arguing that a purely principle policy that Rand Paul advocates is ridiculous, impractical, and unconscionable. The man clearly has a severe disconnect with reality.
w

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2010, 05:24:18 AM »
I just learned about a guy who was investigated by the Ohio Real Estate Commission for a possible "civil rights violation"...  They sent two sets of investigators posing as clients in to his office on the same day.  The white couple came in to his office in the morning and he offered them coffee, the black couple came in later around lunch time, and he did not offer them coffee.  Based on that, he was fined $150 dollars, I kid you not...

WTF
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2010, 05:39:53 AM »
No it's not the same as someone forcibly stealing your property... however, discrimination does deprive you of being able to fully function in society. It appears you are incapable of understanding the ramifications, and the very real consequences and damages suffered by those systemically discriminated against. Bottom line is you're an idiot.

Bottom line is that racism is a fact of life, and its far worse in many other areas of the world than the USA, whether we have laws or not. 

I actually fired one client because he was a israel/usa bashing muslim.  He would spout all sorts of shit and I told him that I did not think I could provide him the level of service he expected based on my personal views and uttter disgust at his. 

Should the govt have forced me to continue to work on his account?  Should the govt force him to do business with me now that he knows I hate his views on matters and think it would interfere with the services he originally hired me for? 

Bottom line is that you are emotionally driven woman.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2010, 05:44:09 AM »
Bottom line is that racism is a fact of life, and its far worse in many other areas of the world than the USA, whether we have laws or not.  

I actually fired one client because he was a israel/usa bashing muslim.  He would spout all sorts of shit and I told him that I did not think I could provide him the level of service he expected based on my personal views and uttter disgust at his.

How does one fire a client... you moron? lol  

Should the govt have forced me to continue to work on his account?  Should the govt force him to do business with me now that he knows I hate his views on matters and think it would interfere with the services he originally hired me for?

If neither one of you wants anything to do with the other, the government isn't going to say he has to hire you or that you have to work for him.

Bottom line is that you are emotionally driven woman.  

Hahaha, that's priceless coming from someone who states he couldn't collect money owed to a man because he disagreed with his politics. Grow a brain!  ;D
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2010, 05:47:03 AM »
Lawyers, doctors, accountants, fire clients all the time.