Author Topic: Obama Approval down to 42% (Still way too high)  (Read 2939 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama Approval down to 42% (Still way too high)
« on: May 25, 2010, 07:11:31 AM »
Obama Approval down to 42%
Rasmussen ^

Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

________________________ ________________

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-four percent (44%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -20.

Overall, 42% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. That is the lowest level of approval yet measured for this president. Fifty-six percent (56%) now disapprove of his performance.

(Excerpt) Read more at rasmussenreports.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ____

I wonder who these 42% are. 

Probably 85% of the black vote.

65% hispanic vote.  I know three puerto ricans as friends who hate obama almost worse than I do. 

25% of the white vote.   

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
Re: Obama Approval down to 42% (Still way too high)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 09:07:35 PM »
i think when they poll people they should administer a test to see if they even have a clue about things,    10 history 10 current politics, no pass no vote,  this should be done before elections too that way clueless dumb fucks cant vote in some idiot that has just fed them lies to get elected
down with hussein

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 09:36:38 PM »
i think when they poll people they should administer a test to see if they even have a clue about things,    10 history 10 current politics, no pass no vote,  this should be done before elections too that way clueless dumb fucks cant vote in some idiot that has just fed them lies to get elected

If that would be the case we would never have a republican president again... ;)
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 09:45:35 PM »
if that were the case we would always have a pres that truely understands the constitution, the bill of rights and the declaration of independance, and the founding fathers.   he would know what is takes to run the united states for the repuiblic. and what once made this nation great where people could have equal oppritunity given to them  not equal results given to them without equal effort.  we wouldnt have rep or dem  we would have a constitutional pres like washington was. 
down with hussein

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 05:21:05 AM »
Gallup, the poll which has been following presidents for 30+ years, has him at 48%.
http://www.gallup.com/Home.aspx

I prefer them because they have decades of data showing presidents of both parties at high and low points.  They had no problem putting clinton below 50% after his first year as well - so people can't claim liberal bias.  They also showed Bush2 when he was in the 80s, etc.  Gallup has been the long established leader of presidential polling.  They have Obama at 48%, whereabout he has floated for 6 months now.

I don't know that it's a coincidence that FOX uses Rasmussen almost exclusively.  Most media-saavy people admit FOX does a good job of "evening out" the left-wing slany by delivering their own right-wing slant. 

My point is that you are choosing a poll with less experience, maybe because you find the numbers a bit more enjoyable for your own political preferences.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 05:31:19 AM »
Gallup, the poll which has been following presidents for 30+ years, has him at 48%.

I prefer them because they have decades of data showing presidents of both parties at high and low points.  They had no problem putting clinton below 50% after his first year as well - so people can't claim liberal bias.  They also showed Bush2 when he was in the 80s, etc.  Gallup has been the long established leader of presidential polling.  They have Obama at 48%, whereabout he has floated for 6 months now.

I don't know that it's a coincidence that FOX uses Rasmussen almost exclusively.  Most media-saavy people admit FOX does a good job of "evening out" the left-wing slany by delivering their own right-wing slant. 

My point is that you are choosing a poll with less experience, maybe because you find the numbers a bit more enjoyable for your own political preferences.

Obama's RealClearPolitics average (which includes BOTH Gallup and Rasmussen) has Obama at 47%.

I'd go with that. The left-winged folks are going to cite the polls with higher Obama numbers; the right-winged folks will do the same with the lower Obama numbers.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 05:32:45 AM »
LMFAO says the man who quoted the national enquirer as truth... :o ;D ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 05:38:46 AM »
LMFAO says the man who quoted the national enquirer as truth... :o ;D ::)

Hey, I think they nailed John Edwards.  Don't you?

Obama's RealClearPolitics average (which includes BOTH Gallup and Rasmussen) has Obama at 47%.

I'd go with that. The left-winged folks are going to cite the polls with higher Obama numbers; the right-winged folks will do the same with the lower Obama numbers.

IMHO, that's accepting half-poison.  My contention is that Rasmussen has les experience, and uses an advanced formula for calculation which - coincidentally? - is cited by FOX News about 30 times a day that I catch.

I know that MSNBC tends to gravitate towards the ABC/Wash Post polls, which tend to skew left.  I'm pretty sure FOX - with the same bag of tricks - is going to choose the poll which skews furthest to the right.

So your using a poll which uses HALF of Rasmussen seems like it might be half-wrong.

Gallup has a history of making both parties look good, and bad.  They skewered Clinton and they worshipped Bush, when the population was doing the same.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 05:43:01 AM »
Hey, I think they nailed John Edwards.  Don't you?
so once right, always right?

LMFAO and I do mean once, you know they are a supermarket tabloid right?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 05:49:05 AM »
Hey, I think they nailed John Edwards.  Don't you?

File that under the "Broken clock, being right twice a day" category!!

IMHO, that's accepting half-poison.  My contention is that Rasmussen has les experience, and uses an advanced formula for calculation which - coincidentally? - is cited by FOX News about 30 times a day that I catch.

I know that MSNBC tends to gravitate towards the ABC/Wash Post polls, which tend to skew left.  I'm pretty sure FOX - with the same bag of tricks - is going to choose the poll which skews furthest to the right.

So your using a poll which uses HALF of Rasmussen seems like it might be half-wrong.

Gallup has a history of making both parties look good, and bad.  They skewered Clinton and they worshipped Bush, when the population was doing the same.

RCP uses SEVERAL polls (Gallup and Rasmussen are just two of them) and gives an average. So, all of those factors (polls skewing left or right) are taken into consideration.

Again, Obama's RCP average is 47%, which sounds reasonable.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 06:30:42 AM »
File that under the "Broken clock, being right twice a day" category!!

I worked for years in grocery stores and unfortunately, the NE was always in the break room to read.  They're not "The sun" and bat Boy, etc.  When it comes to affairs, they are pretty darn accurate.  When challenged (which is rare), their following issue releases all the juicy details and pics.  Some people, like Gifford, were dumb enough to deny the NE's accusations.  At that point, they released all the pics. 

So if I had to bet the rent check, I'd say they were pretty accurate with the Palin story.  Have you guys read it?  Divorce records, scorned ex's, etc... it would have been pretty damaging to Palin, which is why (despite the fact she was constantly calling out journalists, bloggers, and threatening to sue them at the time), she was VERY quiet on the national enquirer article.

Remember - her legal team was attacking alaskan blogger - even outting one of them who was a kindergarten teacher, threatening all sorts of things.  I mean, she was going after them like no politician does.  yet she stays quiet on the NE article?

Well, tony, you introduced NE into this debate out of nowhere.  So I'd like to hear your opinion.  Why would Palin's team go after individual bloggers with threats of lawsuit, but completely ignore the Enquirer's claims?

James

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 06:36:30 AM »

Who called it correct on the last Presidential Election Rob ?

Here Ill help you:

It was Rasmussen !!

Rasmussen came in #1

and Gallup came in #17  (out of 23)

http://www.fordham.edu/images/academics/graduate_schools/gsas/elections_and_campaign_/poll%20accuracy%20in%20the%202008%20presidential%20election.pdf

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 06:44:50 AM »
I worked for years in grocery stores and unfortunately, the NE was always in the break room to read.  They're not "The sun" and bat Boy, etc.  When it comes to affairs, they are pretty darn accurate.  When challenged (which is rare), their following issue releases all the juicy details and pics.  Some people, like Gifford, were dumb enough to deny the NE's accusations.  At that point, they released all the pics. 

So if I had to bet the rent check, I'd say they were pretty accurate with the Palin story.  Have you guys read it?  Divorce records, scorned ex's, etc... it would have been pretty damaging to Palin, which is why (despite the fact she was constantly calling out journalists, bloggers, and threatening to sue them at the time), she was VERY quiet on the national enquirer article.

Remember - her legal team was attacking alaskan blogger - even outting one of them who was a kindergarten teacher, threatening all sorts of things.  I mean, she was going after them like no politician does.  yet she stays quiet on the NE article?

Well, tony, you introduced NE into this debate out of nowhere.  So I'd like to hear your opinion.  Why would Palin's team go after individual bloggers with threats of lawsuit, but completely ignore the Enquirer's claims?
LMAO she denied any and all affairs she threatened suit and the NAT ENQ dropped it...if they always have the goods why didnt they out her when she threatened to sue?

maybe you have selective amnesia we already know you have selective hearing... ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 06:49:04 AM »
240 - who was the most accurate pollster in 2008?

James

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 06:56:14 AM »
240 - who was the most accurate pollster in 2008?

I pointed this fact out to Rob a while back (that Rasmussen is more accurate)

He probably just forgot........  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 06:57:39 AM »
Cool - link to palin saying she would sue the enquirer, i did not know this?

Also, can yall share Rass records for 2004 and before?  How new are they?  The kid from ultra-lib fivethirtyseven.com also nailed all electoral votes/states 100% correct - can we refer to him as very wise now as well?

James

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2010, 07:04:48 AM »

Also, can yall share Rass records for 2004 and before?  How new are they?  The kid from ultra-lib fivethirtyseven.com also nailed all electoral votes/states 100% correct - can we refer to him as very wise now as well?

Rasmussen beat Gallup in 2004 as well.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 07:15:16 AM »
Rasmussen's president was a paid consultant to GWB's 2004 campaign.

if accuracy = correct, let's look at what nate Silver (who was the only nationwide predictor who nailed 100% of electoral votes in 2008) has to say about rasmussen:

In an analysis posted at FiveThirtyEight.com on April 17, 2010, Silver concluded that since the end of the 2008 election cycle, Rasmussen's "house effect" was skewing its polling numbers and that "to believe that Rasmussen is getting it right: you also have to believe that almost everyone else is getting it wrong."

WIKI gets into it further:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasmussen_Reports

They are right most of the time, but they are heavily politically influenced.  So if they have Obama at 42%, and others have him at 48%, then he's in the middle somewhere.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 07:23:50 AM »

if accuracy = correct, let's look at what nate Silver (who was the only nationwide predictor who nailed 100% of electoral votes in 2008) has to say about rasmussen:

In an analysis posted at FiveThirtyEight.com on April 17, 2010, Silver concluded that since the end of the 2008 election cycle, Rasmussen's "house effect" was skewing its polling numbers and that "to believe that Rasmussen is getting it right: you also have to believe that almost everyone else is getting it wrong."

They are right most of the time, but they are heavily politically influenced.  So if they have Obama at 42%, and others have him at 48%, then he's in the middle somewhere.

which is still mind-boggling to me. 

Well, not really since 47% pay no income taxes at all. 

James

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 07:24:52 AM »

They are right most of the time, but they are heavily politically influenced.  So if they have Obama at 42%, and others have him at 48%, then he's in the middle somewhere.

Facts:
Rasmussen came in #1 in accuracy in the last Presidential Election, and Gallup barely made the top 20

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 07:42:51 AM »
Im sure you did know this you simply choose to not believe it...Just like you choose to believe her baby rumors, wheres the proof on that? her affair, wheres the proof on that? 9/11, wheres the proof on that? fake pilots, fake planes, fake passengers, missles hitting the pentegon, explosives in basements of the towers, wheres the proof on those...

from a fellow palin hater...
http://sarahpalinexposed.com/?p=269
"the McCain campaign is now threatening to sue the National Enquirer campaign"

http://www.mahalo.com/sarah-palin-affair-lawsuit
"Palin has denied the accusations"
now i thought you said as soon as the person denies it they come foreword with the proof, why havent they come foreward? maybe there waiting for her to make a 2012 run?

::) ::) ::)
fucking idiot

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 07:49:01 AM »
damn youre a negative person dude.  Do you talk to others around you like that as well?  i also didn't know we were turning the approval thread into a '911 missile theory' thread.

um okay.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 07:49:44 AM »
240 - do you approvae of the job bammer is doing? 

YES OR NO? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 07:53:23 AM »
of course not.  he should have instantly ended both wars and declared our bases will remain.  He should have mined the borders.  he should have 'accidentally' set off nukes exactly 2008 miles from the borders of any country that threatened to drop the dollar.  He should have sent the CEos of top companies to GITMO for a year.

None of this pandering shit.  But I dont think the repubs would be doing things that much better either - so I also give Mccain/palin a non-approval.  I do, however, give Ron Paul a thumbs up, in whatever parallel universe in which he is currenly kicking ass as POTUS.

James

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 07:59:16 AM »
240 - do you approvae of the job bammer is doing?

YES OR NO?  

Que for a "pendulum story", or a "I voted for Barr" or " McCain would not have been any better"