Author Topic: Can Americans be murdered by the Israeli government with impunity?  (Read 4750 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V

Can Americans be murdered by the Israeli government with impunity?

Paul Woodward

June 3, 2010

For several days, Israel has been able to contain some of the fallout from the flotilla massacre by withholding information about the dead and injured. The object of this exercise has clearly been to slow the flow of information in the hope that by the time the most damning facts become known, the international media’s attention will have turned elsewhere.

But the dead now have names and faces and one turns out to be a nineteen-year-old American: Furkan Dogan.

Dogan is alleged to have been shot with five bullets, four in the head.

Does the Obama administration intend to investigate the circumstances in which one of its citizens was killed? Protecting the lives of Americans is after all the most fundamental responsibility of our government.

Dogan’s death was presumably instant, but according to Al Jazeera’s Jamal Elshayyal there were others on board the Mavi Marmara who died because Israeli soldiers refused to treat their injuries.

"After the shooting and the first deaths, people put up white flags and signs in English and Hebrew. An Isreali [on the ship] asked the soldiers to take away the injured, but they did not and the injured died on the ship."

Crimes have been committed and since the suspects all acted under the direction of the Israeli government and its defense forces and took place on international waters outside Israel’s area of legal jurisdiction, "a prompt, impartial, credible and transparent investigation conforming to international standards" — a demand made by the UN Security Council with the support of the Obama administration — cannot be conducted by the Israeli government or a commission appointed by them. An investigation conforming to international standards must also be an international inquiry.
C

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Can Americans be murdered by the Israeli government with impunity?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 09:49:49 AM »
They can kill Americans as a sovereign nation defending themselves. We just shouldn't be financing it.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 09:56:35 AM »
I guess you'll have a few neo-cons saying they are terrorists and deserve it etc.  But no the precedent it sets is rather disturbing. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 09:58:23 AM »
I guess you'll have a few neo-cons saying they are terrorists and deserve it etc.  But no the precedent it sets is rather disturbing. 

If i were on a flotilla sponosred by Ayeres, Dohrn, and terrorists, I would expect to be in a combat zone as well. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 10:05:05 AM »
Boo fucking hoo. 

You try and force your way through a military blockade, start hitting and stabbing soldiers (or are a party to it), and you might just get shot.  What a shock.  ::)

No surprise the liberal idiots are trying to portray him as victim.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 10:08:25 AM »
If i were on a flotilla sponosred by Ayeres, Dohrn, and terrorists, I would expect to be in a combat zone as well. 

I would expect that as a citizen of this country regardless of your beliefs your country would condemn anyone who attacked you in international waters on a mission of aid no less. 

Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 10:11:08 AM »
I would expect that as a citizen of this country regardless of your beliefs your country would condemn anyone who attacked you in international waters on a mission of aid no less. 

We all have choices in life.  When you choose to hang around terrorists and the likes of Bill Ayes, his terrorist wife Dorhn, and all sorts of elements like HAMAS and Hezbollah, dont be surprised when you get your ass capped. 

Its called actions have consequences. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 10:15:40 AM »
We all have choices in life.  When you choose to hang around terrorists and the likes of Bill Ayes, his terrorist wife Dorhn, and all sorts of elements like HAMAS and Hezbollah, dont be surprised when you get your ass capped. 

Its called actions have consequences. 

333 do you believe the ATF at waco did the right thing?  I mean those people hung around a suspected pedophile with illegal an illegal gun cache-ment.  Can one make the same argument about those who died there?  Or is it only when people believe in issues you don't that they can be killed without care?
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 10:19:44 AM »
333 do you believe the ATF at waco did the right thing?  I mean those people hung around a suspected pedophile with illegal an illegal gun cache-ment.  Can one make the same argument about those who died there?  Or is it only when people believe in issues you don't that they can be killed without care?

Right, because David Koresh had a history of rocket attacks, murder, terrorism, etc.   ::)  ::) 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 10:23:58 AM »
Dozens of Americans have had their heads cut off by Muslims, thousands were murdered on one day by them in 2001, and Americans continue to be murdered all over the globe by Muslims. Can Muslims murder with impunity?

Why should we be upset that someone willingly chose to ride on a boat that was sponsored by a jihadi organization, tried to sail through a blockade, then tried to murder IDF soldiers, and ended up getting themselves killed? Sounds like Darwin won here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 10:24:50 AM »
Dozens of Americans have had their heads cut off by Muslims, thousands were murdered on one day by them in 2001, and Americans continue to be murdered all over the globe by Muslims. Can Muslims murder with impunity?

Why should we be upset that someone willingly chose to ride on a boat that was sponsored by a jihadi organization, tried to sail through a blockade, then tried to murder IDF soldiers, and ended up getting themselves killed? Sounds like Darwin won here.

WRONG! ! ! !

It sounds like a muslim nut. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 10:26:58 AM »
WRONG! ! ! !

It sounds like a muslim nut. 

Oh, no doubt. The IHH has been linked to the financing of quite a few terrorist groups that have staged attacks, AND murdered, American citizens. But we should feel sorry that a few of them got their comeuppance.  ;)

It's hard to feel anything but contempt for the Palestinians when they were dancing in the streets and handing out candy on 9/11 to celebrate the 3,000 American citizens that died.  ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 10:31:49 AM »

They broke through a BLOCKADE. That is an act of war. If you do that, despite MULTIPLE WARNINGS to turn around, cease, and desist, you get pumped full of lead.

I don't care if he's American or not. Humanitarian ships don't break blockades.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 10:33:19 AM »
Kcballer, you were crying about the North Koreans yesterday. Did you know that the governments of the world are constantly intercepting North Korean ships in international waters and confiscating any sort of weapons they find on them? Does that upset you?  ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »
Right, because David Koresh had a history of rocket attacks, murder, terrorism, etc.   ::)  ::) 

Haha...leave it to the lib to try and deflect attention elsewhere a shoot for the moral equivalence argument.  Nice smackdown, 33.  :D

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 10:50:56 AM »

haha stuck aren't ya?  Double standards are a b*tch when you get called on them.
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 10:56:55 AM »
Kcballer, you were crying about the North Koreans yesterday. Did you know that the governments of the world are constantly intercepting North Korean ships in international waters and confiscating any sort of weapons they find on them? Does that upset you?  ::)

You forget to mention there BF it's a UN Security counsel resolution allowing them to search for the of exporting weapons or nuclear technology.  Israels blockade isn't UN sanctioned.

Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 10:59:14 AM »

You forget to mention there BF it's a UN Security counsel resolution allowing them to search for the of exporting weapons or nuclear technology.  Israels blockade isn't UN sanctioned.

The UN is the most fucking useless organization on the planet. But I had no idea that they were able to dictate what sovereign countries at war can and can't do. News to me.  ::)

The funny thing is that the blockade seems to work. Rocket attacks and other assorted terrorist attacks are way down since Israeli started it. Perhaps the USA should take note.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 11:04:32 AM »
The UN is the most fucking useless organization on the planet. But I had no idea that they were able to dictate what sovereign countries at war can and can't do. News to me.  ::)

The funny thing is that the blockade seems to work. Rocket attacks and other assorted terrorist attacks are way down since Israeli started it. Perhaps the USA should take note.

Yeah, depriving millions of Palestinians is a way towards ever lasting peace.   ::)  Just like suicide bombing is a way towards peace too right?  ::) 

Abandon every hope...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 11:10:10 AM »
Yeah, depriving millions of Palestinians is a way towards ever lasting peace.   ::)  Just like suicide bombing is a way towards peace too right?  ::)  

They're so deprived yet Hamas refused to take the aid from that ship. They're so deprived yet Hamas ransacked the offices of 5 NGOs yesterday. They're so deprived yet they come in as the 5th fattest men and 3rd fattest women on the planet. ::)

1 out of 6 children in AMERICA go hungry every night. Why don't you spend your time campaigning and helping your fellow Americans?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 11:18:00 AM »
They're so deprived yet Hamas refused to take the aid from that ship. They're so deprived yet Hamas ransacked the offices of 5 NGOs yesterday. They're so deprived yet they come in as the 5th fattest men and 3rd fattest women on the planet. ::)

1 out of 6 children in AMERICA go hungry every night. Why don't you spend your time campaigning and helping your fellow Americans?

I do actually.  We give regularly to the food bank and volunteer our time for thanksgiving and Christmas at the local shelter. 

You seem to be clueless on the issue of what the people of Gaza are lacking.  I suggest you look deeper into what is being turned away (WHO trucks with urgent medical care), Palestinians who need care outside of gaza wait months for 'visas' to get help in Egypt, 4 of 5 depend on aid, poverty is everywhere yeah this is the way towards peace  ::)

About as much as suicide bombing is.   

Abandon every hope...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 02:13:59 PM »
Kc nailed it.

Stopping a boat that is breaching a military blockade and attempting to board the boat peacefully after issuing several warnings, defending yourself against people that are attacking you, and offering to transport humanitarian aid to an enemy that has denied your right to exist in it's charter is the same thing as suicide bombing your own country.... if your Israel.

Even when Israel acts as mildly as possible in it's best interest (while still committing suicide by not responding forcefully enough and providing way too many concessions for nothing in return) it commits public relations suicide because most people (Kc) are mindless automatants that have been hopelessly brainwashed into rationalizing every heinous act committed against Israel as a morally equivalent justification. Of course, there is no distinction made between degrees of action and the appropriate levels of response. If an Israeli soldier shuts down a Falafel stand in Tel Aviv and Hamas responds by sending 50 rockets into residential Israeli towns, it all evens out! But if Hamas blows up a supermarket and Israel responds by killing 1 Hamas leader, Israel is overreacting and should be condemned by the international community!  

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 02:56:03 PM »
way of the mark there whorewell.  I've never once condoned suicide bombers, i say that it has as much of a chance at causing peace as a blockade does.  Which is none.  I don't support any terrorist actions by either side, and yes i do consider Israeli soldiers killing civilians terrorist acts, just as i do Palestinians killing Israeli civilians.  Both are heinous acts that both sides can do without.  But violence begets violence.  The way forward for Palestine is through passive resistance so i applaud those who hope to bring aid to Palestine and hope they too stand their ground in the face of Israeli aggression.   
Abandon every hope...

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 04:12:03 PM »

[quote author - 333386]We all have choices in life.  When you choose to hang around terrorists and the likes of Bill Ayes, his terrorist wife Dorhn, and all sorts of elements like HAMAS and Hezbollah, dont be surprised when you get your ass capped.

Its called actions have consequences.  [/quote]

Is this how you feel in regards to the USS LIBERTY being all but destroyed and soldiers killed by these savages who america calls its friend

C

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2010, 09:29:24 AM »

KC, for once I argee with you about something. This attack by Israel was uncessary and I am dissapointed that the USA is not calling them out on it. Although is it any surprise? US will defend almost anything Israel does.