Author Topic: Mayor Bloomberg: "Obama is the most arrogant man I have ever met"  (Read 6847 times)

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Mayor Bloomberg: "Obama is the most arrogant man I have ever met"
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2010, 06:31:31 AM »
WELL BLOOMBERG IS AN EXPERT ON ARROGANCE.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2010, 08:26:49 AM »
BUMP

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2010, 08:56:45 AM »
Okay: President
          Mayor

Which one is higher? Arrogance, nahhh, it's called knowing where you stand. Know your role Bloomberg, know your role...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2010, 09:14:51 AM »
Okay: President
          Mayor

Which one is higher? Arrogance, nahhh, it's called knowing where you stand. Know your role Bloomberg, know your role...

Are you kidding? 

Obama not qualiied to be in the same room as Bloomberg on almost any issue nd would have been wise to take his advice, not act like the arrogant uniformed clubag we all now know our dear leader to be. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »
Bloomberg commented on this a month ago

On Friday, rumors began swirling after Politico reported that Rupert Murdoch told the Australian Financial Review that Bloomberg told him that he had "never met in my life such an arrogant man" after he and Obama spent a day together playing "verbal ping-pong" on the links.

But Bloomberg said that account doesn't ring a bell.

"I don’t remember the conversation that way,” Bloomberg told reporters at a press conference at City Hall.

"I happen to think he’s a very smart guy," the mayor said of Obama, finally adding, after continued pressing, "I do not think he's arrogant" under his breath.

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/20101108/manhattan/president-obama-not-really-arrogant-says-mayor-bloomberg#ixzz17pX9ojh6

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2010, 10:51:07 AM »
 ::)  ::)

What else is he going to say? 

Bloomberg is on the radio every firday morning in NYC and he often times trashes what obama is doing and stopsjust short of calling him incompetent. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2011, 03:21:52 PM »
Most people who have dealt with him have said he is beyond arrogant, narcissitic, and often thinks he is the smartest man in the room no matter where he goes when in truth the opposite is is almost invariably the case. 

He is a joke.  I know plumbers and electricians with more economic sense than Obama

QFT

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2011, 03:26:23 PM »
Where is the quote from Bloomberg?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2011, 03:47:27 PM »
This is a view that is apparently shared by a number of people:

Is Obama the smartest person in the room?
Is President Obama the smartest guy in the room?

According to Peter Baker, in his profile of the president last Sunday,

• ne prominent Democratic lawmaker told me Obama’s problem is that he is not insecure — he always believes he is the smartest person in any room…”

–Peter Baker, The Education of a President, New York Times Magazine, October 17, 2010.

. . . .

http://trenchantobserver.com/2010/10/22/is-obama-the-smartest-person-in-the-room/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2011, 03:51:08 PM »
Straw thinks I was making that up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2011, 03:56:44 PM »
The amazing thing from the first article is bama playing verbal ping pong w bloomberg on economics.  Are you kidding me? 

Obama would be best suited to shut his fucking mouth and listen for once in his life. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2011, 04:00:51 PM »
Straw thinks I was making that up.

I'm saying you don't know what the definition of a quote is

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2011, 04:02:46 PM »
Tell that to Jake Tapper.  And I trust jake tapper over many other reporters. 

And what was reported is no different than anything else we hear and is manifested in so many other ways.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2011, 04:03:11 PM »
At 2:30, Woodward says Obama thinks he's the smartest person in the room:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2011, 04:07:44 PM »
More comments on Obama's arrogance:

October 14, 2010
Obama's Arrogance Starting to Get Noticed
By Jonah Goldberg

‘That's all right, all of you know who I am," President Obama joked last week when the presidential seal fell off his podium during a speech in Pittsburgh.

Even though the incident made headlines for no discernible journalistic reason, it was noteworthy as a succinct example of Obama's arrogance problem. Rather than make a self-deprecating joke, he opted to make a self-inflating one, as if to say that the title mattered less than the man.

The good news is that it's apparently not racist to call Obama arrogant anymore. Not long ago, Keith Olbermann and other gargoyles on the parapets of establishment liberalism insisted that if you were to call attention to the fact that Obama ostentatiously holds himself in very high regard, you were really calling him "uppity," if you know what I mean.

Now, what was once taboo has become undeniable. Even the New Yorker's David Remnick, author of a loving biography of Obama, tells Der Spiegel, "Obama has a considerable ego."

And here's Time's Mark Halperin: "With the exception of core Obama administration loyalists, most politically engaged elites have reached the same conclusion: The White House is in over its head, isolated, insular, arrogant and clueless about how to get along with or persuade members of Congress, the media, the business community or working-class voters."

Halperin's diagnosis was inevitable, given Obama's conviction that he represented a movement that was larger than politics or even the presidency. After all, this was the man who, as a candidate, descended on Berlin as the leader of a worldwide cause that transcended national borders. And when asked in a debate what his greatest weakness was, he plumbed his soul and answered that he was disorganized. "My desk and my office doesn't look good," he said. When a man runs as a national redeemer and says his biggest failing is a messy desk, that should be a warning sign that he likes himself a bit too much.

Of course, all presidents have healthy egos. You cannot become president, or even think you're qualified to run, if you don't think highly of yourself. Obama's arrogance problem isn't a matter of psychology but of strategy.

When Arkansas Democratic congressman Marion Berry complained that health-care reform felt like a replay of the Hillarycare debacle, Obama explained that the big difference between then and now was "me." In other words, the White House's plan for making everything work out was an unyielding confidence in the power of Obama's own cult of personality. That's why that cult's high priest, David Axelrod, pursued a strategy of greeting every problem as if it were an excuse for Obama to give another big speech.

Now that the strategy has proved catastrophic, the self-pity is pouring out. Joe Biden, in a rare interregnum of lucidity, assailed his own base as whiners. Rahm Emanuel, as he was fleeing for the healthier and more civic-minded political environment of Chicago's backrooms, said, "I want to thank you for being the toughest leader any country could ask for in the toughest times any president has ever faced."

Really? The times have been rough, we can all agree, but if memory serves, the Civil War was no cakewalk either. And that Pearl Harbor thing - not to mention 9/11 - might compete with the miserable economy Obama inherited and then ignored as he pursued his own "transformational" vanity projects.

There's an irony to occupying the Oval Office. When presidents think they're bigger than the job they hold, they shrink in office. When they think they're smaller than the honor that has temporarily been bestowed upon them, they grow into it. Obama has done nothing but shrink.

Last week, the president of the United States attacked Karl Rove by name - twice! - in a speech. He recently begged a crowd of black supporters not to "make me look bad" by staying home from the polls. In an interview with Rolling Stone, he scolded young voters that if they don't vote, it will be proof they "weren't serious in the first place."

It never dawns on him that were it not for the unseriousness of those voters, he might still be a one-term junior senator from Illinois.

"You know, I actually believe my own bull-," Obama told the author of Renegade: The Making of a President, Richard Wolffe.

Exactly. And that's why he's gotten into this mess.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2010/10/14/obamas_arrogance_starting_to_get_noticed_107552.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2011, 04:09:05 PM »
The amazing thing from the first article is bama playing verbal ping pong w bloomberg on economics.  Are you kidding me? 

Obama would be best suited to shut his fucking mouth and listen for once in his life. 

You should take your own advice

You've pretty much ruined this board with you 24/7 bitching about Obama and your laughable CT's about birth certificates and collapsing the nation shit.    Can't you find some other board to infect for a month or two

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2011, 04:12:05 PM »
Gov. Jindal's opinion: 

November 12, 2010
Jindal Book: Obama An Arrogant Phony

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal uses a new book to portray President Barack Obama as disconnected from the Gulf oil spill, charging that he was more focused on the political aftermath than the actual impact of the crisis.

Jindal recounts a pair of private conversations with the president that paint him as consumed with how his actions were being perceived.

On Obama's first trip to Louisiana after the disaster, the governor describes how the president took him aside on the tarmac after arriving to complain about a letter that Jindal had sent to the administration requesting authorization for food stamps for those who had lost their jobs because of the spill.

http://nation.foxnews.com/bobby-jindal/2010/11/12/jindal-book-obama-arrogant-phony

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2011, 04:16:08 PM »
The Germans?   :o

11/04/2010
The World from Berlin
'Obama Comes Across as Cold, Arrogant and Elitist'

It was a failure of historic proportions. With US President Barack Obama's Democrats having lost control of the House, there seems little hope for progress during his two remaining years, say German commentators. Obama himself, they say, bears much of the blame.

On Tuesday, US President Barack Obama and his Democratic party were issued a stinging defeat in the mid-term elections as the Republicans gained control of the House of Representatives and installed themselves in 22 governor's mansions.

Though the Democrats narrowly were able to keep control of the Senate, the Republicans, who rode the wave of anti-incumbent sentiment and populist anger over the economy into office, now have the power to determine the House's legislative agenda -- and to block Obama proposals. Indeed, Republican leaders in the House have already promised that their first order of business will be to repeal Obama's health care reform -- his signature achievement.

Several German opinion-makers were clear that the election was more of a referendum on the president, who comes across as "cold, arrogant, and elitist," and less of an endorsement of the Republicans and their policies. There is widespread agreement in the editorial pages that Obama failed to make the case for his administration's accomplishments, a fact that he himself has acknowledged.

. . . .

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,727235,00.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2011, 04:16:27 PM »
Tell that to Jake Tapper.  And I trust jake tapper over many other reporters. 

And what was reported is no different than anything else we hear and is manifested in so many other ways.

No idea what you referring to

Next time you have a second or third party quote why don't you just be accurate and say "x says that Obama said"

Thats all I'm asking

Pretty low bar don't you think?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »
who gives a shit what foreigners think about america?

holy crap, if some german was bashing bush, it would be "fck them..."

now, some foreigner bashes obama and it's fact fact fact.  hmmmmmmmmm

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2011, 05:00:04 PM »
 ::)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2011, 06:10:59 PM »
I tend to agree with Straw Man. I think such an exclusive would go to a Bloomberg correspondent before it went to Murdoch. That would be like Dave Thomas dining at McDonalds.

agreed..its amazing that these guys on here want to believe anything negative about Obama to further their agenda.....there is no rational thought coming from them...THINK

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2011, 06:12:15 PM »
I think

Christie
Thune
Huck (Dear God I hope to not have to vote for him)

Romney I really think is stale at this point. 

I think Thune is the sleeper.   within the conservative movement and GOP - everyone knows Thune as the Giant Killer.

Thune couldn't win PTA president...he's too boring..no charisma

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2011, 06:14:49 PM »
I guess american idol voters like yourself care first and foremost about that type of thing.  HOLLA! 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2011, 06:14:53 PM »
Murdoch and Bloomberg are friends No 1., Number 2, Bloomberg hates a lot of the obama genda and has said so publicly.  Number 3, Bloomberg is saying what almost everyone else who delas with Obama says, and Number 4, Bloomberg has not denied this even though it has been getting aired everywhere. 

If he later denies it to save face fine, but if it was a lie, he would have said so by now. 

ALL presidents are arrogant.....I would be too if I was king of the world