Author Topic: I saw a show about Japan...  (Read 8832 times)

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
I saw a show about Japan...
« on: November 15, 2010, 04:06:11 PM »
They said the Japanese are strict about keeping Japan Japanese, and that they believe bringing other ethnicities into their society raises crime rates, etc...

They've got laws on the book to make sure their society isn't invaded by "outsiders" (not just Blacks, Whites, and Hispanics, but even other Asians).  

The reporter on the show (I think it was Vanguard) acted like this was an ignorant, racist policy.  It seems to be working for Japan though?

Discuss...

I wish countries in Europe would adopt this policy.
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: I saw a show about Japan...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 04:08:40 PM »
Speak to Donkeykong...he lives in Japan, has a Japanese wife and speaks fluent Japanese....

They said the Japanese are strict about keeping Japan Japanese, and that they believe bringing other ethnicities into their society raises crime rates, etc...

They've got laws on the book to make sure their society isn't invaded by "outsiders" (not just Blacks, Whites, and Hispanics, but even other Asians).  

The reporter on the show (I think it was Vanguard) acted like this was an ignorant, racist policy.  It seems to be working for Japan though?

Discuss...

I wish countries in Europe would adopt this policy.
I hate the State.

Jizzacked

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 04:24:54 PM »
japan has always had a somewhat xenophobic reputation.  depending on who you talk to, a lot of people have mentioned outright discrimination during their visits.  there are some who have mentioned no problems whatsoever, but these tend to be part of the whole 'japanophile' population.. those that idolize all things japanese. 

interested to hear donkeykong's input on the subject..

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 04:27:13 PM »
japan has always had a somewhat xenophobic reputation.  depending on who you talk to, a lot of people have mentioned outright discrimination during their visits.  there are some who have mentioned no problems whatsoever, but these tend to be part of the whole 'japanophile' population.. those that idolize all things japanese. 

interested to hear donkeykong's input on the subject..

DK loves it and never wants to leave. He doesn't care that they are racist, in fact I think he thinks it's a good thing. He is definitely a Japanophile. He sees the bad but feels that the good is much, much greater.
I hate the State.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 04:33:22 PM »
DK loves it and never wants to leave. He doesn't care that they are racist, in fact I think he thinks it's a good thing. He is definitely a Japanophile. He sees the bad but feels that the good is much, much greater.

I agree, I tend to admire the fact that they're "racist" (interested in preserving their culture).
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 04:52:12 PM »
 Japan and Korea are both racist jackasses.

I know some of you all think this is cool and you'd love to live in a place like this, but trust me, it's fucking whack.

You gotta strike the right balance between multi-culturalism and preserving your own culture. Going too far in either direction is not good.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »

I know some of you all think this is cool and you'd love to live in a place like this, but trust me, it's fucking whack.

You gotta strike the right balance between multi-culturalism and preserving your own culture. Going too far in either direction is not good.

Haven't lived in Japan but have lived in Korea. Sure, they are racist but Korean food is awesome!
I hate the State.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 04:54:16 PM »

They've got extremely low crime/welfare rates as far as I know.
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 04:57:33 PM »
They've got extremely low crime/welfare rates as far as I know.

Low crime rates are one good thing these places have.

There are lots of problems too though. A racist and xenophobic culture like Korea or Japan is culture of fucking assholes. Truely kind people are accepting of foreigners. Truely, the people in these two countries can be complete fucking pricks.

That doesn't mean a country should open the flood gates to immigrants of course.

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 05:01:05 PM »

There are lots of problems too though. A racist and xenophobic culture like Korea or Japan is culture of fucking assholes. Truely kind people are accepting of foreigners. Truely, the people in these two countries can be complete fucking pricks.

That doesn't mean a country should open the flood gates to immigrants of course.

I love Asians (and all other productive immigrants regardless of race), and I don't think the United States should adopt a policy like this (we couldn't).  I do with European countries would....
TEAM LAURA LEE!

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 05:36:52 PM »
I think it's great, having different cultures is what makes the world interesting.

Europe is gone in fifty years and America is going that way.

Multicultralism is some bland shit. Militant Islam is riding back carriage anyway.

More power to the japs for preserving their great culture.
Trans Milkshake.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 05:59:38 PM »

The people here are complete pricks if you shit on their culture, misbehave, don't speak the language, and so on.

A good attitude, some of which Europe should have had.

I have yet to meet a Japanese that acts racist towards me who has spoken to me for a few minutes. Some of them are rather jealous of foreigners, but that is another story.
Live in Japan is good, as long as you are willing to adapt.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 06:03:27 PM »
I think it's great, having different cultures is what makes the world interesting.

Europe is gone in fifty years and America is going that way.

Multicultralism is some bland shit. Militant Islam is riding back carriage anyway.

More power to the japs for preserving their great culture.

Having different cultures is good as long as they are in their boundaries. Europe, especially France, GB and Germany are prime examples of what happens when you have too many people that act like they want. This includes even the Germans. German culture was completely destroyed after 1968 by the hippies because everything German was Nazi.
So Germans grew up without a culture, rather with a mixture of cultures after that, and many thought it would be a good idea to let EVERYONE participate, get the turks, get the italians and everyone can do what they want. It failed badly.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
Having different cultures is good as long as they are in their boundaries. Europe, especially France, GB and Germany are prime examples of what happens when you have too many people that act like they want. This includes even the Germans. German culture was completely destroyed after 1968 by the hippies because everything German was Nazi.
So Germans grew up without a culture, rather with a mixture of cultures after that, and many thought it would be a good idea to let EVERYONE participate, get the turks, get the italians and everyone can do what they want. It failed badly.

So you're saying there's not a whole lot of Hindenburg left in germany?
from incomplete data

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »
So you're saying there's not a whole lot of Hindenburg left in germany?

LOL.

What i say is that people thought that everything about Germany was about Hitler, even the Germans. So they tried to create a completely new culture, which should be open to evereyone, but that failed.

Japan acted very differently after WW2, they kept on like they did before, nothing really changed. Japan is so conservative about everything, there is a time window for people from 18-21 where they have freedom and can basically do what they want, but afterwards it's all back to black suits and work all day.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2010, 06:15:49 PM »
Donkey,

What's your ethnicity?

"1"

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 06:16:44 PM »
Donkey,

What's your ethnicity?

"1"

Caucasian.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 06:24:02 PM »
japan is awesome

as Jingoistic as they are they also love Gaijin....especially the Black ones

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 06:28:09 PM »
japan is awesome

as Jingoistic as they are they also love Gaijin....especially the Black ones

Are you crazy??

Japanese hate blacks, the only exception are a few mudsharks that meet on 200m street where masses of blacks try to lure people into strip shops in Tokyo.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 06:31:47 PM »
Are you crazy??

Japanese hate blacks, the only exception are a few mudsharks that meet on 200m street where masses of blacks try to lure people into strip shops in Tokyo.

I stand corrected

it is the Japanese in NYC who are obsessed with Hip Hop culture love the Blacks

this is me walking away and stopping to pretend i know alot about japan just because i was there for two weeks in 2002

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2010, 06:38:55 PM »
I stand corrected

it is the Japanese in NYC who are obsessed with Hip Hop culture love the Blacks

this is me walking away and stopping to pretend i know alot about japan just because i was there for two weeks in 2002

Well, i have to admit on the hiphop culture, you can see some people dressing like it, but these re people who usually like the US a lot.
Yet, when you think about blacks living in Japan, they have a tough life here...

Japanese who have lived abroad for a time usually open up very much to they place they have lived.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 08:00:21 PM »
Most asian societies are i wouldnt say racists but very protective of their culture.

Im half japanese and have been to japan many times and have never been the recipeint of any racist actions. I agree with Dk respect the culture and its norms and you wont have a problem. Run around like a typical jack ass and you will get dirty looks and yelled at but thats not b/c your a foreigner its b/c youre acting like a jackass  ;)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 08:20:21 PM »
Most asian societies are i wouldnt say racists but very protective of their culture.

Im half japanese and have been to japan many times and have never been the recipeint of any racist actions. I agree with Dk respect the culture and its norms and you wont have a problem. Run around like a typical jack ass and you will get dirty looks and yelled at but thats not b/c your a foreigner its b/c youre acting like a jackass  ;)

True, Japanese acting different also get a lot of problems, but i really think a lot of Japanese are racist. When they see a foreigner, they tend to think that they cannot behave right, cannot speak Japanese let alone read/write, they cannot possibly know anything about Japan.
Also, they don't want foreigners in their country, especially in their vicinity.

This attitude usually changes pretty quick when they talk to me, but in general that's the first view they have. A foreigner speaking Japanese is like some strange alien to a lot of Japanese.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 08:22:47 PM »
True, Japanese acting different also get a lot of problems, but i really think a lot of Japanese are racist. When they see a foreigner, they tend to think that they cannot behave right, cannot speak Japanese let alone read/write, they cannot possibly know anything about Japan.
Also, they don't want foreigners in their country, especially in their vicinity.

This attitude usually changes pretty quick when they talk to me, but in general that's the first view they have. A foreigner speaking Japanese is like some strange alien to a lot of Japanese.

It's racism. There's no other way about it.

I've seen so many people try to sugarcoat this behavior in Japan and Korea. But it's basically just racism.

Fuck you Japan.

Fuck you Korea.

If you wanna go to some cool places in Asia with cool people. Go to Southeast Asia.....

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 08:25:42 PM »
It's racism. There's no other way about it.

I've seen so many people try to sugarcoat this behavior in Japan and Korea. But it's basically just racism.

Fuck you Japan.

Fuck you Korea.

If you wanna go to some cool places in Asia with cool people. Go to Southeast Asia.....

Can you read? I said they are racist, and i am fine with it.

I don't have a problem with racists, I can understand it. Southeast Asia is too dirty and chaotic for me, after a week of vacation i have enough. (Singapore excluded)