Author Topic: The end of an era  (Read 8717 times)

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
Re: The end of an era
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 05:06:25 PM »
and again, what are you going to say when he loses?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 06:09:44 PM »
You are too caught up with opponents and orgs instead of the actual fighting itself. There was a reason the best fighters on the planet were calling him THE BEST fighter on the planet.

Im still not buying your "padded record" BS you've always babbled about. Lets see how Anderson Silva or Brock Lesnar would have done against all of Fedors opponents.

You are delusional and dont know anything about fighting with the statements you make about Fedor on a regular basis.

We will no longer have to worry about that #1 spot being held hostage by an overrated HW. That's what makes me happy. Barnett will get KO'd by a mediocre Rodgers and he will be toast soon as well. All you clowns on here hate to see the sport change. It's 2011 and Fedor is retiring. What are we going to argue about now?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 06:33:13 PM »
We will no longer have to worry about that #1 spot being held hostage by an overrated HW. That's what makes me happy. Barnett will get KO'd by a mediocre Rodgers and he will be toast soon as well. All you clowns on here hate to see the sport change. It's 2011 and Fedor is retiring. What are we going to argue about now?

Whoever wins the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix is the World's greatest heavyweight and not Cain Velasquez. That's all that matters to me.

UFC = SHIT

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 06:44:22 PM »
  Whoever wins the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix is the World's greatest heavyweight and not Cain Velasquez. That's all that matters to me.

UFC = SHIT

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I got news for ya....

now that Fedors out, nobody gives a shit who wins the grand prix !

suckmymuscle

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 06:57:49 PM »
I got news for ya....

No, Overeem and Barnett both are more proven and tested than Cain Velasquez. Whoever wins between those two will be the best heavyweight in the World. Fedor lost because he is too small and weak to defeat 6'4 290 lbs monsters. The Fedor of 2004 would have found a way, but the Fedor of 2011 is too past his prime to stand a chance against behemoths that carry over 50 lbs of muscle more than he does. However, both Barnett and Overeem have the mass to defeat Big Foot Silva and they are much more well-rounded and experienced. Werdum, Kharanitov, Silva and Rogers will be out and then it will be Barnett and Overeem for the title. And like I said, I think that Barnett will win.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 08:22:38 PM »

You really think Barnett is gonna get KO'd by Rogers? Lmao you really are crazy. Anythings possible, but I know you wouldn't bet on that!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 11:30:42 PM »
You really think Barnett is gonna get KO'd by Rogers? Lmao you really are crazy. Anythings possible, but I know you wouldn't bet on that!

Rodgers is mediocre at best and I can't say anything more for a washed up, burnt-out, Barnett who hasn't had a meaningful win in years. He faces the same fate as Fedor.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 01:53:15 AM »
Rodgers is mediocre at best and I can't say anything more for a washed up, burnt-out, Barnett who hasn't had a meaningful win in years. He faces the same fate as Fedor.

You are officially a troll. Fuck off.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 08:04:23 AM »
You seriously know nothing about MMA or are just a fucking moron in general if you think Randy Couture is on the same planet as Fedor fighting wise. If someone asked Randy who the greatest of all time was, he would say Fedor. Your comments about Randy being a better role model are also idiotic. Thankfully you and MS are the only ones who post here that are clueless enough to believe such nonsense as the two of you represent a cross section of American MMA fans that are braindead and ignorant about everything non-UFC related. I'd also bet money that the closest you've ever come personally to getting in a fight your entire life was the time you snuck into a men's apprel store after hours so you could sniff the worn "Tap Out" boxer shorts that were left inside the fitting rooms.

I'm a fucking moron bc I don't see an overhyped can-fighter as the greatest fighter ever?  And really, how is Randy LESS of a role model?  You've gotta be kidding me on that one. 

I have nothing against Fedor and woulda LOVED to see him fight in the UFC.  He has a great record etc, but the past 3-4 years he's not been fighting the top fighters imo.  I'm sorry he's your God, but he got beat.  Again. 

And lol at Suck with all the size/weight advantage bullshit.  He fights HW.  And having a target the size of pluto in the head of Bigfoot.  It's like shooting a gun at a UPS truck at five feet and missing.

And you are correct george, i've never been in the ring.  But really, what's that gotta do with my opinion?  Most haven't been in the ring.  That doesn't mean i haven't been a fan and watching mma since the original UFC aired, of which I had PPV. 

Truly, I hope your wounds heal.  Really he should cut weight and try fighting at LHW.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 08:06:55 AM »
I got news for ya....

Right.   ::)

All eyes are on Overeem.   

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2011, 08:17:37 AM »

Rogers is on the same level as your big hero Shane Carwin, who is a b level fighter. Everyone faces the same fate as Fedor, everyone gets old. You never make logical arguments.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2011, 08:34:20 AM »
Rogers is on the same level as your big hero Shane Carwin, who is a b level fighter. Everyone faces the same fate as Fedor, everyone gets old. You never make logical arguments.

Does Rogers have much of a wrestling background?  Curious

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 08:35:10 AM »
I'm a fucking moron bc I don't see an overhyped can-fighter as the greatest fighter ever?  And really, how is Randy LESS of a role model?  You've gotta be kidding me on that one. 

I have nothing against Fedor and woulda LOVED to see him fight in the UFC.  He has a great record etc, but the past 3-4 years he's not been fighting the top fighters imo.  I'm sorry he's your God, but he got beat.  Again. 

And lol at Suck with all the size/weight advantage bullshit.  He fights HW.  And having a target the size of pluto in the head of Bigfoot.  It's like shooting a gun at a UPS truck at five feet and missing.

And you are correct george, i've never been in the ring.  But really, what's that gotta do with my opinion?  Most haven't been in the ring.  That doesn't mean i haven't been a fan and watching mma since the original UFC aired, of which I had PPV. 

Truly, I hope your wounds heal.  Really he should cut weight and try fighting at LHW.

Since you keep posting illogical shit, im just gonna post a couple quotes from the professionals to shut you up.

"In my eyes Fedor will always be a champ."- BJ Penn after Fedors loss.

"I have nothing but respect for Fedor. We all lose that is the one thing you can be sure of in MMA. He is still a GOAT imo." - Shane Carwin, one of your heroes.

"Just shed a single tear, witnessed one of the greatest fighters of all time contemplate his retirement after 2nd loss. I am sad." -Miguel Torres

I can go on and on troll lol.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 08:35:59 AM »
Does Rogers have much of a wrestling background?  Curious

Fuck no, so wat.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 08:42:36 AM »
Fuck no, so wat.

haha..  There goes your credibility.

Carwin is a 2 time NCAA Division II Wrestling National Runner-Up Heavyweight in 1996–97 and then in 1999 a NCAA II Wrestling Heavyweight National Champion.

Saying Rogers is on par with Carwin skill-wise is incorrect son.  

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 10:54:12 AM »
Fedor was a mediocre fighter who built a great record by beating a bunch of cans and wining some questionable fights.  Once he was put in there with opponents that had decent skill, he was exposed.  It's not that complicated. 
w

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 11:36:28 AM »
Fedor was a mediocre fighter who built a great record by beating a bunch of cans and wining some questionable fights.  Once he was put in there with opponents that had decent skill, he was exposed.  It's not that complicated. 

No, he started to deteriorate as he got older, not because the competition got better

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »
 No, Overeem and Barnett both are more proven and tested than Cain Velasquez. Whoever wins between those two will be the best heavyweight in the World. Fedor lost because he is too small and weak to defeat 6'4 290 lbs monsters. The Fedor of 2004 would have found a way, but the Fedor of 2011 is too past his prime to stand a chance against behemoths that carry over 50 lbs of muscle more than he does. However, both Barnett and Overeem have the mass to defeat Big Foot Silva and they are much more well-rounded and experienced. Werdum, Kharanitov, Silva and Rogers will be out and then it will be Barnett and Overeem for the title. And like I said, I think that Barnett will win.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

They are more 'proven' than Velasquez cos there older and have fought alot more DUH!!! state the obvious why dont you  ::)

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2011, 11:39:04 AM »

If you read what I wrote you would understand why he's one of my favorites. Not BC his record but BC he is exciting to watch.
Pay attention dumb fuck.

For such a fan you didnt exactly argue when someone said you only like him because hes undefeated. He has lost ;)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2011, 11:46:05 AM »
For such a fan you didnt exactly argue when someone said you only like him because hes undefeated. He has lost ;)

What are you, some sorta troll?  Within the past ten minutes you slammed ME, EVOLVER, & SUCKMYMUSCLE.  And all with no merit.

Keep up the good work Kevcat.   ::)

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2011, 12:14:16 PM »

He got old lol. Just because you only heard of him through Dana White, doesnt mean hes new. Even YOUR favorite fighter will get old an lose lol.

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2011, 12:22:13 PM »
Id love overeem to walk this however everyone is counting out werdum who has beat a few fighter on this card already. Hope overeem wins the goes to the Ufc and empties the division

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2011, 12:32:17 PM »
Id love overeem to walk this however everyone is counting out werdum who has beat a few fighter on this card already. Hope overeem wins the goes to the Ufc and empties the division

Sergei has already beaten Werdum. Doesn't matter anyways, Rogers is gonna fuck everyone up.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »
Sergei has already beaten Werdum. Doesn't matter anyways, Rogers is gonna fuck everyone up.

Even Overeem?

??? ;D

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2011, 12:42:34 PM »
Even Overeem?

??? ;D

Overeem got extremely lucky in their first meet. Hes gonna pay with a big right hand from Rogers.