Author Topic: Ha! Jim Rome tells it like it is!!  (Read 9055 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Ha! Jim Rome tells it like it is!!
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 12:17:12 PM »
and i'm saying fedor isn't what he used to be, meanwhile you haters want to think that he was always a bum

E

I've stated many times on here that he is a great fighter in years past.  But as of late, (well, the past few years) i feel he's hasn't been fighting the best.

He's by FAR a bum. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 12:21:27 PM »
do you think Fedor is the same fighter he was 5 years ago?

or was he always a bum?

E

He is most likely the same fighter he was 5 years ago. That was exactly the reason for his demise.

Fedor was never a bum though, and I actually like him as a fighter and person.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 12:27:58 PM »
Why are you bringing up GSP and Anderson Silva...they know they can't compete at HW. Pointless.

This is what I have been saying for years on here...Fedor can't compete with today's true HW's.  This is exactly why he didn't deserve to hold that #1 spot hostage for so long and not give the other best HW fighters a chance at fighting him.

Amazing how Cain, who is currently the#1 HW in the world,  weighs about the same  as Fedor and has fought 280 lb guys with ease.

Lol yeah he fought 5- 2 Brock Lesnar. wow

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 12:30:50 PM »
Lol yeah he fought 5- 2 Brock Lesnar. wow

What makes Cain different than Fedor is that he is in the largest MMA org that has the biggest pool of talent.  If Cain, or any other #1 HW wants to keep that belt, they WILL have to fight the best.

When Fedor was #1, this was not the case. He hid from the big orgs.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 12:41:47 PM »
What makes Cain different than Fedor is that he is in the largest MMA org that has the biggest pool of talent.  If Cain, or any other #1 HW wants to keep that belt, they WILL have to fight the best.

When Fedor was #1, this was not the case. He hid from the big orgs.

Cain Velasquez? The guy who barely made it through Cheick Kongo (who got knocked the fuck out by Gilbert Yvel?!! lol!)
Why isn't Cain fighting in the heavyweight tourney? The only good fight for him in the UFC is JDS, who is gonna knock his head clean off if they ever fight.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 12:43:02 PM »
Cain Velasquez? The guy who barely made it through Cheick Kongo (who got knocked the fuck out by Gilbert Yvel?!! lol!)
Why isn't Cain fighting in the heavyweight tourney? The only good fight for him in the UFC is JDS, who is gonna knock his head clean off if they ever fight.

Contracts Law 101 retard.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »

He should be looking to fight the best HWs instead of fighting nobodies like Lesnar.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 12:45:55 PM »
He should be looking to fight the best HWs instead of fighting nobodies like Lesnar.

I'm sure fighting the best is important, but so is the almighty buck.  UFC has both.

End of topic.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 12:48:55 PM »

::)

I think that we are all well aware that Velasquez is under contract with the UFC. His point is that the UFC does not have the best talent pool of HW's-- and that outside of Velasquez and JDS ( and possibly Carwin if he fights again) there are no legitimate HW's in the UFC period. If all it comes down to is the best match ups, then Velasquez should rip up his contract and join SF.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 12:53:06 PM »
::)

I think that we are all well aware that Velasquez is under contract with the UFC. His point is that the UFC does not have the best talent pool of HW's-- and that outside of Velasquez and JDS ( and possibly Carwin if he fights again) there are no legitimate HW's in the UFC period. If all it comes down to is the best match ups, then Velasquez should rip up his contract and join SF.

Listen.  Obviously it's very subjective which org has the better fighters.  UFC:  Cain, JDS, Carwin.  SF:  Overeem, Fedor, Werdum.   Those, IMO are the tops of each.  And each has there lower level fighters, ala, Lesnar, Mir, Barnett, Rogers, etc.  

Again, this is all very subjective.  

Why would Cain bail from the largest, most popular MMA org in the world and take a pay cut?  Explain.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 12:54:33 PM »
Why are you bringing up GSP and Anderson Silva...they know they can't compete at HW. Pointless.

My point exactly. The reason why they are more successful than Fedor recently is because they fight fighters who don't outweight them, and in the case of Anderson Silva he fights fighters who not only don't outweight him but are mediocre.

This is what I have been saying for years on here...Fedor can't compete with today's true HW's.  This is exactly why he didn't deserve to hold that #1 spot hostage for so long and not give the other best HW fighters a chance at fighting him.

Maybe. But this is what makes Fedor so awesome: he takes on fighters that outweight him by 50+ lbs and beats them, and even when he doesen't he still holds his own. Fedor won the first round against Silva you idiot. And he lost due to a doctor stoppage and not because he was KOd. Why can't you understand this? This was far from a definitive win. Fedor might have beat Silva in the third round or won the round and taken the fight. He lost just because a doctor said so.

Amazing how Cain, who is currently the#1 HW in the world,  weighs about the same  as Fedor and has fought 280 lb guys with ease.

As they say...liar, liar, pants on fire! First of all, Brock was 265 lbs for the fight with Cain. Secondly, Cain is 245 lbs compared to 225 lbs for Fedor. So Cain was only 20 lbs lighter than
Brock compared to almost 60 lbs for Fedor compared to Silva. Thirdly, Brock can't take a punch or throw a punch, which Silva can very well. Terrible analogy. You = know nothing!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 12:55:40 PM »

WTF...Cain is in the UFC. The UFC basically have a tourney running all the time with as many events as they have.

The Strikeforce tourney isn't even for a belt. It's just a marketing gimmick really. But hey, it seems to be working.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 12:56:30 PM »
 My point exactly. The reason why they are more successful than Fedor recently is because they fight fighters who don't outweight them, and in the case of Anderson Silva he fights fighters who not only don't outweight him but are mediocre.

Maybe. But this is what makes Fedor so awesome: he takes on fighters that outweight him by 50+ lbs and beats them, and even when he doesen't he still holds his own. Fedor won the first round against Silva you idiot. And he lost due to a doctor stoppage and not because he was KOd. Why can't you understand this? This was far from a definitive win. Fedor might have beat Silva in the third round or won the round and taken the fight. He lost just because a doctor said so.

As they say...liar, liar, pants on fire! First of all, Brock was 265 lbs for the fight with Cain. Secondly, Cain is 245 lbs compared to 225 lbs for Fedor. So Cain was only 20 lbs lighter than
Brock compared to almost 60 lbs for Fedor compared to Silva. Thirdly, Brock can't take a punch or throw a punch, which Silva can very well. Terrible analogy. You = know nothing!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Wrong.  That's what he weighed in at prior to the fight.  NOT on fight day.  Fighters gain a good amount of weight back in the few days after making weight.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »

WTF...Cain is in the UFC. The UFC basically have a tourney running all the time with as many events as they have.The Strikeforce tourney isn't even for a belt. It's just a marketing gimmick really. But hey, it seems to be working.

Interesting comment.  All this bullshit about the SF TOURNEY.  It's no different that the normal course of events for any weight class in most orgs. 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2011, 01:04:12 PM »
Wrong.  That's what he weighed in at prior to the fight.  NOT on fight day.  Fighters gain a good amount of weight back in the few days after making weight.

No, Brock was significantly smaller for that fight and for the Carwin fight because he was still recuperating from surgery. He was around 290 lbs for his fight with Mir and his early UFC fights, but he was much smaller for his fights after surgery. He lost lots of muscle mass.

And even if the size difference between Cain and Lesnar were the same as that between Fedor and Silva, it still wouldn't matter because Brock can't throw a punch or take a punch if his life depends on it. Silva is a very powerful striker and has a ridiculously tough chin.

Your analogy sucks and you are imbecile.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2011, 01:06:39 PM »
Listen.  Obviously it's very subjective which org has the better fighters.  UFC:  Cain, JDS, Carwin.  SF:  Overeem, Fedor, Werdum.   Those, IMO are the tops of each.  And each has there lower level fighters, ala, Lesnar, Mir, Barnett, Rogers, etc.  

Again, this is all very subjective.  

Why would Cain bail from the largest, most popular MMA org in the world and take a pay cut?  Explain.

Carwin is an elite?? Bahahahahaha! Barnett, even now would wear Carwin down till he gassed in the first round, mount him and pound him out. Your knowledge of MMA is a joke lol,

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2011, 01:07:27 PM »
  No, Brock was significantly smaller for that fight and for the Carwin fight because he was still recuperating from surgery. He was around 290 lbs for his fight with Mir and his early UFC fights, but he was much smaller for his fights after surgery. He lost lots of muscle mass.

And even if the size difference between Cain and Lesnar were the same as that between Fedor and Silva, it still wouldn't matter because Brock can't throw a punch or take a punch if his life depends on it. Silva is a very powerful striker and has a ridiculously tough chin.

Your analogy sucks and you are imbecile.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
  Um, Mr. Smartguy.  What analogy did I make?  Do you even know what an analogy is brainiac?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2011, 01:14:34 PM »
 Um, Mr. Smartguy.  What analogy did I make?  Do you even know what an analogy is brainiac?

I meant a comparison. Sorry, English is not my first language and I sometimes mistake terms. But judging from my posts compared to yours - on all topics and not only MMA -, I would say I am more intelligent than you are and probably would outscore you on IQ tests.

But anyway, you haven't addressed any of the points I've made, which is the reason why you focused on that to deflect from my points. The bottom line is that I am right and you are wrong.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2011, 01:16:42 PM »
 I meant a comparison. Sorry, English is not my first language and I sometimes mistake terms. But judging from my posts compared to yours - on all topics and not only MMA -, I would say I am more intelligent than you are and probably would outscore you on IQ tests.

But anyway, you haven't addressed any of the points I've made, which is the reason why you focused on that to deflect from my points. The bottom line is that I am right and you are wrong.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

And you do a wonderful job of making yourself out a moron.

How's that for analogy? 

suckmymuscle

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2011, 01:20:40 PM »
And you do a wonderful job of making yourself out a moron.

How's that for analogy? 

No, being made a moron is trying to pretend being an MMA expert and then losing all his bets on MMA!! LMAO! And I don't care about your opinion. I know that I am smarter than you are. I am pretty sure about that.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2011, 01:23:45 PM »
  No, being made a moron is trying to pretend being an MMA expert and then losing all his bets on MMA!! LMAO! And I don't care about your opinion. I know that I am smarter than you are. I am pretty sure about that.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

If you don't care about my opinion then why do you respond with your own, Genius?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2011, 04:35:52 PM »
do you think Fedor is the same fighter he was 5 years ago?

or was he always a bum?

E

He was over hyped, beat a bunch of cans, ducked real opposition and probably participated in fixe fights. 
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2011, 05:29:38 PM »
If you don't care about my opinion then why do you respond with your own, Genius?

I meant your opinion on my intelligence, retard. Your reading comprehension sucks, and you don't een have the excuse that English isn't your first language.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2011, 09:03:40 PM »
He was over hyped, beat a bunch of cans, ducked real opposition and probably participated in fixe fights. 

and who has the better resume ::)

fixed fight?  he wasn't even close to being the most popular fighter among the japanese

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2011, 10:18:50 PM »
and who has the better resume ::)

fixed fight?  he wasn't even close to being the most popular fighter among the japanese

E

Its all debatable at this point. Everyone has an opinion, and mine happens to have been proven TWICE since June.