Author Topic: Ha! Jim Rome tells it like it is!!  (Read 9039 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Ha! Jim Rome tells it like it is!!
« on: February 14, 2011, 07:15:54 PM »
"No matter how good you are, you will lose. Everybody does, there are so many different disciplines and everybody gets caught at some point. But, that's not what happened to Fedor Emelianenko Saturday against Antonio Silva. After going a decade without losing, he follows up last summer’s loss to Fabricio Werdum by getting his face beaten in Saturday."

"And that's no fluke, that's not a guy getting suckered into a savvy submission hold or just getting caught with one big shot in the chin. That was a bigger, stronger, better fighter on top of Fedor pounding him senseless. Silva said that he was surprised that the doctors stopped the fight. Surprised or disappointed? Did you bother to check that piece of meat that you were bludgeoning between shots. Trust me, he had enough."

"Fedor admitted enough afterwards, quote - Maybe it's time to leave …Maybe it's the last time, maybe it's high time. No maybe's about it, if anything it's probably past time."

"Now it's pretty obvious why he didn't want to sign with the UFC. While Strikeforce does have competitive heavyweights, he didn't want to fight the best of the best on the biggest stage, he knew better. He refused to take any chances; he milked it for all its worth and he got paid and then exposed and now it's over."
w

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: Ha! Jim Rome tells it like it is!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:04:48 PM »
That's funny, lol ,just a couple years ago Jim Rome was bashing MMA and now he's an expert?  Zuffa is paying the guys who supply him with notecards full of MMA related opinions well.
Predictions
 40/61

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 08:16:36 PM »
of course he's going to have Dana's back,Dana is Romes only connection to MMA (the ufc), and that's a bridge he doesn't want to burn in any way shape or form.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 12:26:36 AM »
yeah jim rome is an mma expert ::)
irongearco.com

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 02:16:41 AM »
Jim Rome is one of the worst sports analysts in the world and is one of the biggest hypocrites on the planet.  Another big mouth with a microphone who doesn't know jack shit about anything.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 03:09:14 AM »
"No matter how good you are, you will lose. Everybody does, there are so many different disciplines and everybody gets caught at some point. But, that's not what happened to Fedor Emelianenko Saturday against Antonio Silva. After going a decade without losing, he follows up last summer’s loss to Fabricio Werdum by getting his face beaten in Saturday."

"And that's no fluke, that's not a guy getting suckered into a savvy submission hold or just getting caught with one big shot in the chin. That was a bigger, stronger, better fighter on top of Fedor pounding him senseless. Silva said that he was surprised that the doctors stopped the fight. Surprised or disappointed? Did you bother to check that piece of meat that you were bludgeoning between shots. Trust me, he had enough."

"Fedor admitted enough afterwards, quote - Maybe it's time to leave …Maybe it's the last time, maybe it's high time. No maybe's about it, if anything it's probably past time."

"Now it's pretty obvious why he didn't want to sign with the UFC. While Strikeforce does have competitive heavyweights, he didn't want to fight the best of the best on the biggest stage, he knew better. He refused to take any chances; he milked it for all its worth and he got paid and then exposed and now it's over."

His opinion is asinine and frivolous, revealing a complete lack of MMA knowledge. Sure, I agree with him that Fedor got beaten by a bigger - much, much bigger - fighter. But better? Nope. Fedor won the first round and was still conscious at the end of the second round. If he went to the third round, he might have found a way to win. If it weren't for the ridiculous 55 lbs weight advantage, Fedor would have galvanized.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 05:46:08 AM »
More excuses from you guys.  Rome is spot on here, like it or not.  Fedor wasn't fighting the best.

I love how someone states Rome is paid off by ufc for these statements.  Pathetic.

Also, this whole weight advantage issue Suck keeps crying about.  What about the difference Velasquez always faces..  or think back to the old school Royce Gracie days.  Stop making excuses.

I loved watching Fedor destroy guys.  But those days look numbered.  Do I think he's done?  No.  If he can hack the HW division anymore, drop.  It's that simple.  I think he'd run thru anything Strikeforce can throw his way in terms of LHW's.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 06:42:20 AM »
That's funny, lol ,just a couple years ago Jim Rome was bashing MMA and now he's an expert?  Zuffa is paying the guys who supply him with notecards full of MMA related opinions well.

So are you inferring that Rome is wrong in his analysis of Fedor. I'm not much of a Rome fan, but he is telling it like it is.

There would have been no shame if Fedor had been losing to big names recently, but come on, Fedor just lost to a guy he was favored to win with 5-1 odds. Looks pathetic.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 06:43:58 AM »
  His opinion is asinine and frivolous, revealing a complete lack of MMA knowledge. Sure, I agree with him that Fedor got beaten by a bigger - much, much bigger - fighter. But better? Nope. Fedor won the first round and was still conscious at the end of the second round. If he went to the third round, he might have found a way to win. If it weren't for the ridiculous 55 lbs weight advantage, Fedor would have galvanized.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

LOL...Fedor is the one who chooses to fight in the 265lb HW division.  Silva made weight...pathetic excuse.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 09:16:43 AM »
LOL...Fedor is the one who chooses to fight in the 265lb HW division.  Silva made weight...pathetic excuse.

Sure...excuse. I am sure that if Anderson fought Lesnar and lost, you would say it was due to physics and not skills. And Silva was 285 lbs in the cage compared to 228 lbs for Fedor. That is 57 lbs and not 55 lbs like I previously said.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 09:21:38 AM »
Also, this whole weight advantage issue Suck keeps crying about.  What about the difference Velasquez always faces..

Sure, because a 20 lbs weight advantage is just as great as a 60 lbs weight advantage. You know, not only is the difference in weight between Silva and Fedor three times greater than that between Cain and Lesnar, but Silva can actually strike and he doesen't crawl into foetal position when he is hit.

or think back to the old school Royce Gracie days.  Stop making excuses.

Sure, because you can compare Royce submitting guys with no ground game at all to a guy who is a BJJ black belt. So he outweights Fedor by almost 60 lbs and is a BJJ black belt.  Yawn, Coltrane. Your arguments are even more asinine and frivolous than those of Rome.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 09:25:02 AM »

I agree with this. It is obvious this is the reason why he isn't destroying opponents. Brett Rogers has no ground game and yet in the Fedor fight he got out of submissions with sheer strength. Obviously, physics matters. And Silva made weight but was 285 lbs in the cage. That is over 55 lbs heavier than Fedor. "Made weight"? Lol, he outweighted Fedor by three weight classes!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 10:04:22 AM »
Please stop going on about the weight.A fight is a fight and the best man wins.Fedor knows hes going in there and getting outweighed almost every fight.Did it bother him before? No

suckmymuscle

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 10:17:45 AM »
Please stop going on about the weight.A fight is a fight and the best man wins.Fedor knows hes going in there and getting outweighed almost every fight.Did it bother him before? No

Sure, Fedor is not as god-like as he used to be and can no longer defeat 50+ lbs fighters. This doesen't mean that beating fighters that outweight you by more than 50 lbs is easy. Quite the contrary. The only one who could do it continuously was Fedor. GSP and Anderson would get demolished is they tried to fight against 240 lbs heavyweights, whop enjoy over them the same weight advantage that the super-large heavyweights enjoy over Fedor.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 10:23:42 AM »
  Sure, because a 20 lbs weight advantage is just as great as a 60 lbs weight advantage. You know, not only is the difference in weight between Silva and Fedor three times greater than that between Cain and Lesnar, but Silva can actually strike and he doesen't crawl into foetal position when he is hit.

Hmmm...  you really think Lesnar fights at 265 or goes up a tad after weighing in?  I"m pretty sure there is more than a 20 pound weight difference for Cain.

I would think Lesnar is more about 280 and Cain 240 or so... the day of the fight. 

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 10:25:45 AM »
Haha you actually back up what this no nothing is saying?? Shows how dumb you are, agreeing with a notorious moron who's never even thrown a football let alone get into a fist fight in his entire life lol.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »
jim rome is a tuf noob personified

he didn't start paying attention until it became mainstream, before that he called it "cock fighting"

using jim rome to support your argument says a lot about you hahaha

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 11:00:55 AM »
Jim Rome said it perfectly.  Fedor was scared of the UFC....lol.
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 11:25:35 AM »
  Sure, Fedor is not as god-like as he used to be and can no longer defeat 50+ lbs fighters. This doesen't mean that beating fighters that outweight you by more than 50 lbs is easy. Quite the contrary. The only one who could do it continuously was Fedor. GSP and Anderson would get demolished is they tried to fight against 240 lbs heavyweights, whop enjoy over them the same weight advantage that the super-large heavyweights enjoy over Fedor.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Why are you bringing up GSP and Anderson Silva...they know they can't compete at HW. Pointless.

This is what I have been saying for years on here...Fedor can't compete with today's true HW's.  This is exactly why he didn't deserve to hold that #1 spot hostage for so long and not give the other best HW fighters a chance at fighting him.

Amazing how Cain, who is currently the#1 HW in the world,  weighs about the same  as Fedor and has fought 280 lb guys with ease.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 11:45:25 AM »
Why are you bringing up GSP and Anderson Silva...they know they can't compete at HW. Pointless.

This is what I have been saying for years on here...Fedor can't compete with today's true HW's.  This is exactly why he didn't deserve to hold that #1 spot hostage for so long and not give the other best HW fighters a chance at fighting him.

Amazing how Cain, who is currently the#1 HW in the world,  weighs about the same  as Fedor and has fought 280 lb guys with ease.

Hopefully suckmybrainout doesn't read that.  Meltdown city. 

BTW:  Cain is a beast. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 11:49:36 AM »
and how much younger is cain?

E
E

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 11:57:42 AM »

E

Thats irrelevant.  The argument that is posed is that there is a huge weight difference between Fedor and Silva (at least that is what suck is saying).

I am saying that Cain whopped Lesnar with the same size problem. 

Pay attention Earl!   ;D

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 11:58:45 AM »

E

I didn't know they considered age when ranking fighters?

Please post a link if you got one?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 12:03:21 PM »
Thats irrelevant.  The argument that is posed is that there is a huge weight difference between Fedor and Silva (at least that is what suck is saying).

I am saying that Cain whopped Lesnar with the same size problem. 

Pay attention Earl!   ;D

and i'm saying fedor isn't what he used to be, meanwhile you haters want to think that he was always a bum

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 12:04:37 PM »

I didn't know they considered age when ranking fighters?

Please post a link if you got one?

do you think Fedor is the same fighter he was 5 years ago?

or was he always a bum?

E
E