Author Topic: Ha! Jim Rome tells it like it is!!  (Read 9040 times)

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
Re: Ha! Jim Rome tells it like it is!!
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2011, 08:59:05 AM »
He was over hyped, beat a bunch of cans, ducked real opposition and probably participated in fixe fights. 

ie Brock Lesnar lol

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2011, 09:01:30 AM »
ie Brock Lesnar lol

Lesnar hasn't been coined GREATEST HW ever. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2011, 09:09:09 AM »
Lesnar hasn't been coined GREATEST HW ever. 

Exactly. Lesnar also fights in the most stacked HW division making himself available to fights with the best HW's in the world.  Fedor was not doing this. Unless injured, the UFC makes these guys fight, often.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2011, 09:44:34 AM »
Exactly. Lesnar also fights in the most stacked HW division making himself available to fights with the best HW's in the world.  Fedor was not doing this. Unless injured, the UFC makes these guys fight, often.

Hahaha lmfao who has 5-2 Lesnar beaten?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2011, 09:51:25 AM »
Exactly. Lesnar also fights in the most stacked HW division making himself available to fights with the best HW's in the world.  Fedor was not doing this. Unless injured, the UFC makes these guys fight, often.

Stacked HW division? You're talking about the UFC, not Strikeforce.

The UFC HW division is close to being the worst it has ever been. Outside of Cain there is no one. At least when Arlovski and Sylvia were embarrassing it they had each other to fight. Cain gets to choose between a Carwin with a 15 second gas tank, a Brock Lesnar that has a vagina and can't take a punch or a handful of other unproven, untested and most likely under-performing nonames.

Try harder. How much does Dana White pay you to post on here? I hope he pays you in cash and not only facials.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2011, 09:53:15 AM »

The UFC HW division is close to being the worst it has ever been. Outside of Cain there is no one. At least when Arlovski and Sylvia were embarrassing it they had each other to fight. Cain gets to choose between a Carwin with a 15 second gas tank, a Brock Lesnar that has a vagina and can't take a punch or a handful of other unproven, untested and most likely under-performing nonames.

Try harder. How much does Dana White pay you to post on here? I hope he pays you in cash and not only facials.

JDS is the better heavyweight, but your right Cain and JDS are the only 2 good HWs in the UFC. Dont know where he gets this stacked division idea from...?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2011, 09:55:07 AM »
JDS is the better heavyweight, but your right Cain and JDS are the only 2 good HWs in the UFC. Dont know where he gets this stacked division idea from...?

It stems from him having watched MMA for maybe two years and only knowing the UFC. He's one of those fanboys true MMA fans constantly laugh at.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2011, 10:15:03 AM »
It stems from him having watched MMA for maybe two years and only knowing the UFC. He's one of those fanboys true MMA fans constantly laugh at.

X2

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2011, 10:18:07 AM »
Exactly. Lesnar also fights in the most stacked HW division making himself available to fights with the best HW's in the world.  Fedor was not doing this. Unless injured, the UFC makes these guys fight, often.

And who has Lesnar fought from around the world? Hes never fought a single foreign fighter, so how could be be one of the best in the world? Fedor has fought fighters from all corners of the planet.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2011, 10:42:08 AM »
Exactly. Lesnar also fights in the most stacked HW division making himself available to fights with the best HW's in the world. 

Wow, since when is 2 top HW's considered a stack?  Fedor lost we know this, but you're trying to support an argument for a guy who disgraced not only MMA but the UFC HW belt by turtling himself up, going fetal, doing a spinnaroonie and flat out running away two fights in a row.  There is no shame in losing, there is shame however in poorly representing your sport on a championship level by showing such a extreme level of cowardice in consecutive fights. 
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »
Hahaha lmfao who has 5-2 Lesnar beaten?

Lesnar  cuts a small amount of weight...that makes him a cheater as well, right?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2011, 11:09:08 AM »

In all current HW rankings, the UFC has at least 6 of the 10 top ranked guys, including #1 and #2.
Case closed.

Let me guess, you are going to claim the rankings are rigged, right?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2011, 11:10:38 AM »

The majority of the top ranked HW's in the world are in the UFC according to ANY poll, including #1 and #2 spots. That's why I can claim it's the most stacked.
Got it? Make sense?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2011, 11:14:19 AM »
And who has Lesnar fought from around the world? Hes never fought a single foreign fighter, so how could be be one of the best in the world? Fedor has fought fighters from all corners of the planet.

Fedor is toast. Irrelevant in current rankings. Why do you keep bringing him up? Nobody is comparing Brock to Fedor.

BTW...Brock has fought a foreign fighter.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2011, 11:15:21 AM »
Wow, since when is 2 top HW's considered a stack?  Fedor lost we know this, but you're trying to support an argument for a guy who disgraced not only MMA but the UFC HW belt by turtling himself up, going fetal, doing a spinnaroonie and flat out running away two fights in a row.  There is no shame in losing, there is shame however in poorly representing your sport on a championship level by showing such a extreme level of cowardice in consecutive fights. 

Is 6 out of 10 stacked enough?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2011, 11:20:24 AM »

Well said. Cock Chestnar and Dana have turned the UFC HW division into an embarrassing joke. It speaks wonders about the talent level of that joke of a division when a gigantic pussy like Brock was able to hold the belt for as long as he did. Sad.

Thankfully Strikeforce has assembled true talent for their GP. As a whole though, this is the weakest the HW division has ever been.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2011, 11:35:34 AM »
Is 6 out of 10 stacked enough?

Actually i think it's now 5 outta 5 top HW in the world.  

Honestly, the two orgs are pretty even imo in terms of HW talent.  Each have their big names/top fighters, and each have lower level guys.

But look at the big picture, and compare ALL divisions.  You can't possible say that ANY other division remotely competes with the same division of the UFC.  They have the must talent-rich fighters of all orgs.  The only division remotely close is HW.  

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2011, 11:41:12 AM »
Actually i think it's now 5 outta 5 top HW in the world.  

Honestly, the two orgs are pretty even imo in terms of HW talent.  Each have their big names/top fighters, and each have lower level guys.

But look at the big picture, and compare ALL divisions.  You can't possible say that ANY other division remotely competes with the same division of the UFC.  They have the must talent-rich fighters of all orgs.  The only division remotely close is HW.  

I agree they are similar, but if we're splitting hairs on here technically the UFC has the  most ranked HW's.

Here are two sources:
http://www.heavy.com/mma/strikeforce/2011/02/heavymma-february-rankings-heavyweight/ (7 out of 10 are in UFC)

http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/2/Sherdog-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-30177 (6 out of 10 are in UFC)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »
Its all debatable at this point. Everyone has an opinion, and mine happens to have been proven TWICE since June.

if he didn't have his first losses until 2015 you'd still claim you were 'proven right' ::)

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2011, 12:51:04 PM »
if he didn't have his first losses until 2015 you'd still claim you were 'proven right' ::)

E

But Fedor lost TWICE this past year, confirming what I had been saying since Fedor turned down a UFC contract and was holding the #1HW ranking hostage.  I SPECULATED that Fedor was afraid of some of the HW's in the UFC.  So Fedor chose the easier road to pad his record and keep his mystique....until his plan backfired and tarnished his legacy in the eyes of many.

Even Overeem mentioned this recently. http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/news/303244/Overeem-M-1-ruined-Fedors-career/

M-1 gambled big time and they lost. M-1 turned down a big UFC contract for big $$$. I believe in karma and M-1 was bad karma and it resultated in Fedor losing.. M-1 ruined his career and played with Fedor legacy, too bad!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »
The best HWs in the world are in Strikeforce. The recent results only confirm that. Meanwhile, you can keep rubbing your dick raw as you watch your hero backpedal around the cage before curling up into the fetal position.

You're right, though. Fedor did go where the talent is. And that talent is in Strikeforce.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2011, 12:59:09 PM »
The best HWs in the world are in Strikeforce. The recent results only confirm that. Meanwhile, you can keep rubbing your dick raw as you watch your hero backpedal around the cage before curling up into the fetal position.

You're right, though. Fedor did go where the talent is. And that talent is in Strikeforce.

Was fighting Bigfoot a fight that people really wanted to see? Bigfoot was a 5-1 underdog! Big challenge with a 5-1 underdog.

Why is it that Fedor declined to fight Overeem TWICE?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2011, 01:04:18 PM »
That fight was very entertaining and certainly better than anything the UFC HW division has given us over the last 2 years. Unless you consider Carwin gassing and Brock spending TWO fights running around the cage like a pussy to be entertaining.  ::)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2011, 01:13:19 PM »
That fight was very entertaining and certainly better than anything the UFC HW division has given us over the last 2 years. Unless you consider Carwin gassing and Brock spending TWO fights running around the cage like a pussy to be entertaining.  ::)

We can finally agree on something. Fedor/Bigfoot fight was great...one of my favorites of all time. Seeing Fedor get destroyed by a 5-1 underdog was priceless. I felt a little bad that Fedor was embarrassed so greatly, but hey, that's what he gets for dodging the fights we all wanted to see while he was relevant.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2011, 01:14:55 PM »
I don't know how Fedor couldn't connect with Silva's cranium.  It's the size of one of the Galapagos Islands.