Author Topic: Boehner: Obama a citizen and handled Egypt correctly...3333 commits suicide!  (Read 47902 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Boehner: Obama a citizen and handled Egypt correctly...3333 commits suicide!
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2011, 07:33:52 PM »
No, the amazing thing is that dopers like yourself still support this admn when it is telling you to your face that they are proposing UNSUSTAINABLE fiscal policies.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Boehner: Obama a citizen and handled Egypt correctly...3333 commits suicide!
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2011, 10:22:02 PM »
Are you a fat ass.. most people in houston are fat asses
HAHAHAHHA come on brosky...is that what obama told you???

most ppl in Houston actually arent and even though I technically dont live in Houston neither am I...youve seen pics of me and they rival your epic physique so please dont get it twisted my man!!! ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2011, 10:25:46 PM »
^^^^

and anytime you or your booty buddy TA want to lay wager on a IP ban on ANYTHING IVE EVER CLAIMED ON HERE you little ladies let me know ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2011, 03:26:25 AM »
Geithner admitted obamas financial program is unsustainable. 

Case closed. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2011, 03:48:38 AM »
As for the birther issue - where is the long form bc? 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2011, 04:50:36 AM »
keep drinking those expired cans of protein shakes, Mcway..they're affecting your judgment

Hey, they're bottles and I just picked up four more (CytoSport CytoProtein) for $0.25 each  ;D .

Of course, that has nothing to do with the Obama administration's flip-flopping on Egypt and Mubarak.

So, is the Muslim Brotherhood "largely secular" as Clapper claims or not?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2011, 09:07:02 AM »
Obama losing ground across the Middle East
The China Post, Taiwan ^ | February 19, 2011 | Peter Brookes

________________________ _______________________-

Obama losing ground across the Middle East

It would be easier to forgive the Obama administration's lackluster handling of the political crisis in Egypt over the last couple of weeks if things were going their way elsewhere in the Middle East.

Unfortunately, they're not.

Start with Iran. Despite two years of engagement, Tehran is still developing nuclear weapons — significantly shaking stability in the Middle East as they do.

And, sorry: neither cyber ops like the “Stuxnet” computer virus (which the U.S. may have been behind) nor U.N.-prescribed economic sanctions seem to have put much of a hitch in the giddy-up of Iran's runaway nuclear horses.

Despite the president saying that a nuclear Iran is “unacceptable,” Iran may become a card-carrying member of the “Mushroom Cloud Club” this year; some experts believe it already has gathered enough uranium for at least a couple of A-bombs.

Not to mention that its ever-expanding space-launch and satellite programs have put Tehran closer to developing an ICBM capable of reaching the U.S. homeland — all while our missile-defense programs lag behind the threat.

Then there's Syria, where the Bush administration recalled the U.S. ambassador in 2005 over probable Syrian involvement in the assassination of a former Lebanese prime minister.

Obama ended Damascus' “time-out” this year by sending a new ambassador — signaling that it's alright that President Bashar Assad continues his anti-U.S. stance, steps up his crackdown on political opposition and delays any progress on finding peace with his neighbor Israel.

Washington also appears to be looking the other way on Damascus' lack of cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency on Syria's (covert) nuclear program, its growing alliance with Iran and its continuing financial, moral and military support of Hamas and Hezbollah.

And don't forget about Lebanon right next door, where, on the administration's watch, both Iran and Syria have dug their claws in again — after the Cedar Revolution loosed their near-death grip on the country in 2005. Tehran's and Damascus' proxy Hezbollah was recently able to bully its candidate into the prime minister's job, setting back U.S. (and Israeli) interests.

In Iraq, where the remaining 50,000 U.S. troops will be leaving this year, there's concern about growing Iranian influence due to American inattention — threatening to create an arc of Persian power across the Middle East's midsection.

Meanwhile, the Middle East peace process — where success, the Obama administration insisted, would set everything right with the region — has gone nowhere in the last two years.

Instead, America's relations with Israel hit new lows on a regular basis; we're no closer to a two-state solution for the Israelis and Palestinians, and Hamas still has an iron grip on Gaza.

It doesn't end there.

Key Arab partners in places like Jordan and Saudi Arabia must be unnerved by how the Obama administration got caught flatfooted by Egypt's turmoil, had trouble finding its “voice” — and seemingly had no plan for influencing the outcome.

There's still hope for a positive ending in Egypt — but that's far from guaranteed at this point. Lots of nightmarish scenarios could come to pass instead, including an Islamist takeover of the Cairo government.

Unless the Obama administration gets its Middle East act together soon and starts to get some traction on these pressing problems, the U.S.' influence will continue to wane, undermining vital U.S. interests.

If things don't change, we're not going to like what — or who — steps in to fill the void the Obama administration's policies are creating in the Middle East

Peter Brookes is a Heritage Foundation senior fellow and a former deputy assistant secretary of defense. Brookes can be reached at peterbrookes@heritage.org

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2011, 09:48:58 AM »
BREAKING NEWS: State media say Egypt has agreed to let 2 Iran navy ships through Suez Canal
MSNBC ^ | February 18, 2011 | MSNBC

Headline only.

(Excerpt) Read more at msnbc.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2011, 09:54:21 AM »
Shafik Gabr: What Egypt's Top Tycoon Fears Most
by Lloyd Grove
February 16, 2011 | 10:38pm

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-02-16/shafik-gabr-egypts-most-nervous-tycoon-calls-for-law-and-order

________________________ ________________________ --

The well-connected Cairo industrialist Shafik Gabr warns Lloyd Grove that Hamas, Hezbollah, and Iran are trying to destabilize Egypt and the country could descend into anarchy.

Egyptian industrialist Shafik Gabr was in Davos, Switzerland, when the revolution began. It was January 26, the second day of protests in Tahrir Square, and from 1,600 miles away at the World Economic Forum—teeming with financiers, celebrities, and heads of state in the crisp, Alpine air—it didn’t look much like a revolution.

But by the time Gabr arrived in Cairo on Friday the 28th—having cut short his schmoozing to rush home on his Gulfstream 200—the planet’s most populous Arab country had changed forever.

And not necessarily for the better.

“The stock market is closed, the banks are closed, transfers are delayed. The economy is in paralysis,” Gabr told me this week from Cairo, where he is chairman and managing director of the ARTOC Group, a real estate-engineering-consumer products-media conglomerate that employs 3,500 Egyptians. “I am a person who has always believed in the importance of orderly transition with law and order, because the minute you lose law and order is the minute you enter into a dark tunnel, a vicious circle…. If we do not have law and order—which as of yet we do not—then Egypt will become a very complex, dangerous, fluid place.”

The 58-year-old Gabr—who speaks idiomatic American and has degrees in business and economics from Cairo’s American University and the University of London—is a suave and gregarious world traveler. He is supremely well-connected, not only on the Egyptian power grid but also in Washington, where he boasts contacts in the White House, Congress, the Pentagon, and the State Department.

Except when it comes to making money, Gabr is a committed incrementalist. He has become a near-billionaire while walking a fine line—making friends and influencing people in the regime of deposed President Hosni Mubarak while insistently pushing democratic reforms and economic empowerment for ordinary Egyptians.

Shafik Gabr at home in Cairo, Egypt on February 28, 2009. (Credit: Jason Larkin / Getty Images)
Now gradualism had given way to anarchy. The peril was apparent as soon as Gabr landed.

“Coming from the airport, I saw people in the street throwing stones, carrying weapons,” he said. “When I came back, my daughter was at home with her grandmother, and for six and a half hours I basically walked the entire neighborhood of Mokattam”—where his family lives in a fabulous hillside mansion overlooking the city—“just to make people appreciate how dangerous things were.”

Gabr went on: “People were starting to pack things to run out of their houses. So we started civil patrols, like Neighborhood Watch, with teams of neighbors walking through the neighborhood at all hours. We had machine guns fired at us. My speculation is that the criminals broke out of jail and some of them took weapons out of police stations.”

It was obvious to Gabr that there was method to the madness.

“If we do not have law and order—which as of yet we do not—then Egypt will become a very complex, dangerous, fluid place.”

“There was a serious plan to scare the populace, no question about it,” he said. “There was a huge number of police stations that were torched all at the same time, all in the same manner. I cannot attribute it to any party. I can say very honestly that there were factors playing a major role beyond the youths in Tahrir Square, to torch, attack, break cells in the prisons for prisoners to be released, to steal police uniforms, to steal armaments, in the very same exact manner across Egypt, not just Cairo. And that requires planning. It’s almost like one of those movies where you have sleeper cells.”

Among other possibilities, Gabr suspects the culprits might have been foreign agents: “Is it the Muslim Brotherhood? I do not know. Is it other vested interests?... I do not know. But it was definitely violent people,” he said. “Among the innocent, legitimate people who were demonstrating, there were definitely others who had their own agenda. Just ask yourself the question: Who’s interested in destabilizing Egypt? You tell me. It’s people right down here in our neighborhood. Hezbollah. Hamas. Iran. They publicly spoke in favor of the fall of Egypt.”

For the past three weeks, as Egypt’s military took control of the 85 million-person country with a promise to oversee the transition to a new constitution and democratic elections, Gabr has been working tirelessly to position himself on the right side of history.

“I have been all over Cairo. I have been walking the streets,” he told me, adding that he’s been urging young demonstrators to form a party of their own in order to make their presence felt in the Egyptian body politic. “I have always been frustrated by the slow pace of reform.”

Gabr said he, too, has been a victim of government corruption. "I personally suffered in the last six or seven years from people who denied our companies permits and denied our companies even the ability to build roads to our projects, and some of our property was confiscated," he told me. "So I saw that there was a lot of favoritism by government officials who had their own agenda. I don’t know if they wanted bribes, but that’s something we’ve never done in the 40 years of our being in business. And it’s something we will never do.” ARTOC, which was founded by Gabr's father, turns 40 in November.

In the early 2000s, Gabr helped start the Arab Business Council, a multinational group of capitalists that attempted to sell economic reform and greater freedom to the region’s traditionally autocratic regimes. “Across the Arab world some people listened politely and did nothing,” he said. “Some people worked on some of the issues, including Egypt, which worked on economic reform… but not quickly enough, and not across the board.”

Not everybody was receptive. “I was told by the prime minister of an Arab country that I will not mention, ‘Do not talk about this publicly. You will be condemned in our country. You will not be able to do business or even sit without us keeping an eye on who you’re talking to.’ ”

In the end the effort fizzled and the group disbanded. “Some of them had more interest in keeping their governments the same way because they benefited from it,” Gabr said. “Others were pushing for change and found themselves being pushed back in ways that were sometimes personal and sometimes generic.”

A decade later, the change agents had moved from the boardroom to the street, and the calcified Mubarak regime found itself woefully behind the curve. “There was mismanagement of the event,” Gabr told me. “If the Egyptian leadership had provided the proper response to the demands of the 25th of January, the rest would not have happened. From the 25th of January to the day Mubarak stepped down, they were always one step too late. After that, vested interests from inside Egypt and from outside Egypt decided that the regime had to go. There were parties that worked to undermine the regime locally and countries such as United States and the European Union that kept zigzagging about where the next step was.”

President Obama—whom Gabr still praises for his June 2009 Cairo speech to the Muslim world urging tolerance, diversity and free expression—wasn’t much help either.

“I believe, quite frankly and sadly, that the U.S. administration sometimes has the best of intentions, but in terms of its implementation it zigzags wildly,” Gabr told me. “My concern as an Egyptian is that we must have peaceful, periodical and legitimate transfers of power through the ballot box. Unfortunately, with the United States saying ‘Muburak has to step down,’ “he needs to stay,’ all that zigzagging truly took that specific goal off the table. By saying ‘Mubarak needs to leave right now,’ ‘No, Mubarak needs to stay,’ the focus became Mubarak when it should have been Egypt.”

The result was a de facto military coup; transition to a civilian democracy is not a sure thing.

“Today we’re under military rule,” Gabr said. “You have no constitution. You have military laws.”

What—and who—is next? How about Shafik Gabr?

“I have never been interested and am not interested now in having a political role,” he insisted in the Egyptian equivalent of a Sherman-like statement. “My focus remains on my work and on my staff—which is, as I call them, my constituency.”

He predicted that the Muslim Brotherhood—which has been variously described in the Western media as reasonable moderates open to compromise or else Islamic radicals bent on imposing Sharia law—will likely enjoy a major role in the new Egypt.

“I believe political parties should be based on secular programs and not religion,” Gabr said. “The Muslim Brotherhood should form a political party or align with an existing one. In terms of support, I forecast that they would secure a minority position. However, they are exceedingly well organized while everybody else isn’t. Their minority position can be much more if it’s cleverly leveraged by them.”

He was dismissive of Mohamed ElBaradei, the Nobel Peace Prize winner and would-be opposition leader who has been living in Switzerland. “Some people who have been living outside Egypt have tried to position themselves—ElBaradei and others whose biggest track record is visiting Egypt,” he said. “What I really hope is that people will start getting serious and put programs on the table, not just sound bites.”

For the moment, Gabr remains “realistically optimistic,” he told me. “And by ‘realistic’ I mean there are a lot of challenges around, more than what meets the eye, that need to be dealt with. Right now we remain in this vicious circle. We’re in the twilight zone right now.”

He added: “What I’m seeing today is lack of order and lack of law. People have taken law in their own hands. People have thrown order out of the window. No society on earth has improved itself without having law and order that applies to everyone…. The worst would be if the autocracy of the regime is replaced by the autocracy of the street. Then we really have a problem.”

Lloyd Grove is editor at large for The Daily Beast. He is also a frequent contributor to New York magazine and was a contributing editor for Condé Nast Portfolio. He wrote a gossip column for the New York Daily News from 2003 to 2006. Prior to that, he wrote the Reliable Source column for the Washington Post, where he spent 23 years covering politics, the media, and other subjects.

Like The Daily Beast on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates all day long.

For inquiries, please contact The Daily Beast at editorial@thedailybeast.com.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2011, 09:59:17 AM »
Hahaha, I can't wait to hear the excuses when Egypt turns into another Iran. The Brotherhood is already asserting themselves over everyone else (including people like the Google guy who orchestrated most of the initial protesting) and Iranian tentacles are already starting to wrap around the country.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2011, 10:17:44 AM »
Muslim shitbags.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2011, 10:30:42 AM »
Obama condemns violence in Middle East
Associated Press ^ | Feb. 18, 2011 | DARLENE SUPERVILLE

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (AP) -- President Barack Obama on Friday condemned reports of violent reprisals against protesters in Bahrain, Libya and Yemen, and called for government restraint as unrest swept the volatile Middle East in the wake of Egypt's uprising.

The situation threatens U.S. interests and poses a major diplomatic and national security challenge to the Obama administration.

(Excerpt) Read more at hosted.ap.org ...

________________________ _________________

Just masterful.   ::)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2011, 01:22:11 PM »
Geithner admitted obamas financial program is unsustainable. 

Case closed. 

HA!!..up until Geithner siad that, you hated the guys guts and said he had no credibility..you GODDAMN HYPOCRITE!!!..you don't even care about your own crediblity anymore

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2011, 01:23:56 PM »
As for the birther issue - where is the long form bc? 

I can't believe you are still on that.....Boehner said its not an issue for him.....its only an issue for nuts like you who are trying your best to delegitimize Obama....well..sorry..he's president...LIVE WITH IT!!!!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2011, 01:25:29 PM »
Hahaha, I can't wait to hear the excuses when Egypt turns into another Iran. The Brotherhood is already asserting themselves over everyone else (including people like the Google guy who orchestrated most of the initial protesting) and Iranian tentacles are already starting to wrap around the country.

if it does, its not the president's fault..the people wanted it that way

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2011, 01:28:34 PM »
Obama condemns violence in Middle East
Associated Press ^ | Feb. 18, 2011 | DARLENE SUPERVILLE

Just masterful.   ::)

LOL..... Obama "condemns violence" and you hate on him for it?

Imagine the exact opposite..."Obama endorses violence in Middle East" - You would be complaining even louder. 

You probably condemn what the man eats for breakfast.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »

Imagine the exact opposite..."Obama endorses violence in Middle East" - You would be complaining even louder. 

You probably condemn what the man eats for breakfast.[/b

]

He does

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »

You probably condemn what the man eats for breakfast.

No, I posted that due to the fact that he has greatly contributed to the chaos of the situation, JUST LIKE FERGUSON SAID. 

But Team Tampon, whose captain is 240, knows better.    Got it.       

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2011, 01:35:06 PM »
HA!!..up until Geithner siad that, you hated the guys guts and said he had no credibility..you GODDAMN HYPOCRITE!!!..you don't even care about your own crediblity anymore

I do dislike Geithner - but that doesnot make what he said untruthful. 

When even your ow Tres. Sec. says your financial plan is "UNSUSTAINABLE" what does that tell you?   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »
I can't believe you are still on that.....Boehner said its not an issue for him.....its only an issue for nuts like you who are trying your best to delegitimize Obama....well..sorry..he's president...LIVE WITH IT!!!!

Its not an issue for him,but it is for me.  Where is the long form BC and proof of birth in HI?

BTW how can you explain the 16 SS numnbers obama has used in the past or the listof docs he refuses to release?

________________________ __________________--

Obama's records that are not released.

1. Occidental College records -- Not released
2. Columbia College records -- Not released
3. Columbia Thesis paper -- 'not available'
4. Harvard College records -- Not released
5. Selective Service Registration -- Not released
6. Medical records -- Not released
7. Illinois State Senate schedule -- 'not available'
8. Law practice client list -- Not released
9. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate - - Not released
10. Embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth -- Not released
11. Harvard Law Review articles published -- None
12. University of Chicago scholarly articles -- None
13. Your Record of baptism-- Not released or 'not available'
14. Your Illinois State Senate records--'not available'

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2011, 01:40:27 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2011, 01:47:53 PM »
Funny - Andreisadouche picks a fight with me, yet won't debate wither issue. 

On Egypt - the MB is already moving in to take over.   and the Birther thing?   Seriously?    Andre - you are clueless on this.   There is no BC or records of birth in HI whatsoever.   All there is is a notaton on microfiche of a birth announcement.  Thats it.       

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2011, 02:03:56 PM »
if it does, its not the president's fault..the people wanted it that way

Thanks for proving that you're completely clueless on the issue. Another brain-dead, moronic Obamabot here. He failed miserably on Egypt and all the MSM lies in the world aren't going to change that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2011, 02:07:38 PM »
Thanks for proving that you're completely clueless on the issue. Another brain-dead, moronic Obamabot here. He failed miserably on Egypt and all the MSM lies in the world aren't going to change that.

He's too busy toasting, drinking, partying, congratulating himself, etc to really deal with anything. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
Funny - Andreisadouche picks a fight with me, yet won't debate wither issue. 

On Egypt - the MB is already moving in to take over.   and the Birther thing?   Seriously?    Andre - you are clueless on this.   There is no BC or records of birth in HI whatsoever.   All there is is a notaton on microfiche of a birth announcement.  Thats it.       

ha...debate you????...you don't ever acknowledge when you are wrong so why bother???..I'll just sit back and let your crazy, unsubstantiated posts speak for themselves...if they found the BC long form tomorrow you would just say it was a fake