Author Topic: Walker offers concessions, pro union ppl please read this...  (Read 12716 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Walker offers concessions, pro union ppl please read this...
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2011, 09:21:05 AM »
for one thing i don't think its unskilled, and i think it's quite comical that you compare thowing a burger in the microwave the same as driving ten ton bus around full of people on the city streets ;D

Seeing the bus drivers in the Bronx, I prefer the fry guy at Mickey D's to that nonsense.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2011, 09:23:39 AM »
Seeing the bus drivers in the Bronx, I prefer the fry guy at Mickey D's to that nonsense.   

::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2011, 09:33:06 AM »
i think you just have to pay a fair wage so you can keep them to have an experienced person.i don't think 12hr is going to do that

$26 a fair wage for driving a bus? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2011, 09:35:41 AM »
where did i say 26hr hahahahahahah

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2011, 09:36:18 AM »
But you have no problem with an 18 yr old preparing food for your consumption? Should they make $26/hr to? I guess its just me put I would think any competent driver would be able to drive a bus, most I have seen are not rocket scientist exploring other career options. So you tell me, since you seem to think you are the authority on "fair pay", what is fair pay for unskilled labor?

Why do you suppose auto insurers adjust rates based on your age?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2011, 09:38:04 AM »
If you can pass the training to drive a bus then you're qualified. And that training isn't exactly rocket science. Funny that we've got some union goons on here justifying a bus driver making $160k a year.

There are MDs, PhDs, MBAs, JDs and other advanced degree holders that don't make anywhere near that yet you guys actually think it's acceptable for the taxpayer to foot a $160k/year salary for a driver.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2011, 09:43:46 AM »
160 grand is good money, but he probably spent 7 days a week 365 days a year in that bus. i think they should make more than 12 an hour

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2011, 09:46:12 AM »
If you can pass the training to drive a bus then you're qualified. And that training isn't exactly rocket science. Funny that we've got some union goons on here justifying a bus driver making $160k a year.

There are MDs, PhDs, MBAs, JDs and other advanced degree holders that don't make anywhere near that yet you guys actually think it's acceptable for the taxpayer to foot a $160k/year salary for a driver.

BF - dont you know - its only fair that the MD living in NY, NJ, CT, who spent 250k on schooling, has debt up the wazoo, spent years in residency, and now makes 120k a year at 40 years old, to pay 15k or better in property taxes alone to subsidize the bus driver to make the same salary.  

Shit - can't we make the argument that the Doctor performing surgery actually has a LESS impotant function in society than the vital job of driving people from bus stop t bus stop?   I mean te doctor is fixing one patient, the driver is literally tranporting thousands of people a year.  So, according to that, the bus driver should make more than the doctor if you ask me.    

Come on BF -i thought you were smarter than that.    

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2011, 09:46:29 AM »
If you can pass the training to drive a bus then you're qualified. And that training isn't exactly rocket science.
It is a statistical fact that the longer you drive, the fewer accidents you have. I'm not even going to bother posting a study because come-the-fuck-on.

Funny that we've got some union goons on here justifying a bus driver making $160k a year.

Really? Who?

::) Yes, people on here are arguing that we should stop paying doctors so we can quadruple bus drivers' salaries.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »
160 grand is good money, but he probably spent 7 days a week 365 days a year in that bus. i think they should make more than 12 an hour

Prove it. Or are you basing your entire opinionated argument around the hours you think he works?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2011, 09:53:37 AM »
the article said he made 26 hr ,so if you times that by 40 i don't think it comes up to 160 grand ;D. but your the real intelligent guy here so you tell me

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2011, 09:57:23 AM »
i forgot times 52 weeks

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2011, 09:59:20 AM »
Prove it. Or are you basing your entire opinionated argument around the hours you think he works?

What percentage of Madison bus drivers do you think make upwards of $100k? Would you say it was more than 40%? Less than 0.5%?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2011, 10:04:10 AM »
What percentage of Madison bus drivers do you think make upwards of $100k? Would you say it was more than 40%? Less than 0.5%?

::)  ::)

Please - the fraud with OT is so rampant by public sector theives its not even funny.   If I told you first hand knowledge of  stuff in NY that goes on you to would be  teabagger.

I really am hoping for a total economic collapse if these publi sector pieces of trash dont deal with this mess.   It would make me perfectly smitten to see these leeches try to last a week in the private sector and try to justify their pay and benes.       

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2011, 10:06:01 AM »
Why work towards that PhD or MD when you can drive a bus on the same predetermined route every day and be rewarded with $160,000 of taxpayer money?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2011, 10:49:13 AM »
::)  ::)

Please - the fraud with OT is so rampant by public sector theives its not even funny.   If I told you first hand knowledge of  stuff in NY that goes on you to would be  teabagger.

::)  ::)  ::) No, I wouldn't. I live in New York. I'm aware that fraud occurs in both the public and private sectors. Actually, the first thing that comes to mind is the CityTime fiasco. And if we're using a handful of isolated incidents (and make no mistake, a bus driver making 160k is an isolated incident), then CityTime makes an excellent case against privitization.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2011, 10:53:34 AM »
::)  ::)  ::) No, I wouldn't. I live in New York. I'm aware that fraud occurs in both the public and private sectors. Actually, the first thing that comes to mind is the CityTime fiasco. And if we're using a handful of isolated incidents (and make no mistake, a bus driver making 160k is an isolated incident), then CityTime makes an excellent case against privitization.

I know cops and fireman personally who get away with stuff that would mae madoff blush. 

BTW - i interview people who want to buy units in he coop where I have my office.   I am on the board.   I interviewed a garbage man who made 120k last year and had his mother fillout the application and show up to the co-op board meeting because he couldnt handle basic shit.   

Please - cry me a river wth your nonsense.  We are grossly overpaying all levels of public sector employees and the tax base cant afford it anymore.  Period.  they will either accept reality or los everything.    Personally, I hope they keep up their crap and lose everything and actuallyhaveto compete in the private ector for employment like the rest of us.   

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2011, 11:07:11 AM »
I know cops and fireman personally who get away with stuff that would mae madoff blush. 

BTW - i interview people who want to buy units in he coop where I have my office.   I am on the board.   I interviewed a garbage man who made 120k last year and had his mother fillout the application and show up to the co-op board meeting because he couldnt handle basic shit.   

Please - cry me a river wth your nonsense.  We are grossly overpaying all levels of public sector employees and the tax base cant afford it anymore.  Period.  they will either accept reality or los everything.    Personally, I hope they keep up their crap and lose everything and actuallyhaveto compete in the private ector for employment like the rest of us.   

I don't  believe your garbageman story. And if it is true (which I don't think it is) then it is an anomaly. Most new york public sector workers are making a middle class living.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2011, 11:10:17 AM »
I don't  believe your garbageman story. And if it is true (which I don't think it is) then it is an anomaly. Most new york public sector workers are making a middle class living.

I reviewed the application.   80 salary plus 40k OT.   

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2011, 11:29:37 AM »
for one thing i don't think its unskilled, and i think it's quite comical that you compare thowing a burger in the microwave the same as driving ten ton bus around full of people on the city streets ;D

So by your logic anyone who can get a Class C license becomes skilled labor? And not all restaurants throw a hamburger in the microwave, but I guess you don't have a problem with food poisoning ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2011, 11:30:31 AM »
Why do you suppose auto insurers adjust rates based on your age?

I'm well aware of why they adjust based on age, whats your point?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2011, 11:31:18 AM »

Yeah and I'm sure that's safe, ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2011, 11:51:54 AM »
Which was the initial problem to begin with, their weren't enough drivers to cover the amount of routes that needed to be filled.

And that seems to be what some of these thick headed folks don't get. Even with the ecconomic downturn, jobs in the public sector are not being filled because folks aren't applying for them. If public employees are so overpaid, why don't the unemployed rush to fill vacant positions in public employment? Why don't some of these folks squawking go work in the public sector if they think it is so wonderful?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2011, 11:54:01 AM »
And that seems to be what some of these thick headed folks don't get. Even with the ecconomic downturn, jobs in the public sector are not being filled because folks aren't applying for them. If public employees are so overpaid, why don't the unemployed rush to fill vacant positions in public employment? Why don't some of these folks squawking go work in the public sector if they think it is so wonderful?

Maybe because people have higher aspirations than being a bus driver?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »
Salary as a DSNY Sanitation Worker starts at $31,200, and can be increased to a maximum of $67,141 after 5 years of service