Author Topic: PS3 or XBOX360.  (Read 10908 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: PS3 or XBOX360.
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 10:04:33 AM »
What about Wii?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 10:05:57 AM »
Not losers though.  They're actually were in the black with the 360, despite the billion, something extremely rare with consoles.   It's a huge success.

I know people seem to be loyal to Microsoft after the whole debacle with the RRD that would have turned me off to them but I guess the newest systems are everything they should have been in the beginning I know a couple of people who got another one and it's been great

The one thing Xbox had over Sony is the game library so a long time Sony had some pretty shitty games but they're coming around

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 10:06:50 AM »
Meso - this is what I mean.  All this stuff is subjective.  But, you need to know that the 360 controller is widely considered to be the best controller of all time.  You can look it up if you want to do the research.
I'm sure if you typed in ps3 best controller of all time in google you will come up with an article supporting that claim
so for ME
disagree... not balanced .. you have tow arms both fairly same length same with legs... and eyes same place on your head
why does the x box controll have one analogue  at the top of the pad and the other analogue at the bottom? feels awkward
and the controll is huge and bulky.. one of the worst controllers of all consoles IMO
choice is an illusion

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2011, 10:08:13 AM »
Well, i have a PS3 and X-BOX 360 and they both went out on the same day.  >:( I had the PS3 four years + more then the X-BOX 360 and they died on the same fucking day. I traded both in that were dead and just picked up a new version of each.  :) Pissed me off but i got so much more out of the PS3.  8) The X-BOX 360 remote is a piece of shit and uses batteries...WTF... >:( >:(
yeah I was thinking at first that the Sony remotes being rechargeable were gonna die after a while and they still hold a charge years later

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2011, 10:11:40 AM »
To be honest I never owned a playstation or xbox console...i was always a fan of nintendo...gameboy...sne s etc... AND their games...sequels etc, i grew up with them..  :'( :)

I dont know Wii seems childish so im beetween PS3 and Xbox360. the 2nd is cheaper...games, well as far as i know they have the same titles..

Im thinking of PS3 maybe because came out later (I think) than Xbox so it must be better.  (::))

The Wii is for kids, leave it be.

My answer will generally lean to the 360, since I feel they just did such a better job this time around, and I LOVED my PS2.

As ND pointed out, you're going to see a lot of similarities in each system.   Advantages of the PS3 are going to be the blu-ray player, and it seems to be superior in terms of certain multimedia streaming capabilities, but both systems are always adding features in this regard.  Advantages to the 360 are going to be the online game play, and online content.

Games are subjective, but a lot of these games are developed for the 360 then ported to the PS3, so the quality suffers a bit. 

Move is a joke, and Kinnect will destroy it.  Check out youtube vids of Child of Eden.  Developers have had time to play with the Kinnect and will be releasing some great stuff.

Online is no contest at all, XBox Live! dominates in this regard.  Take CoD MW2 for example - tons of glitches on the PS3 network, and hackers have destroyed the game.  There are numerous examples of this, with Sony users often getting downloadable content after the 360 users have been playing for months.

As for the controller debate, that's subjective.  But, I would suggest you pick up both and see which one is easier to switch from the triggers to the bumper button.  Also, the 360s thumbsticks are offset, which is more natural, rather than the linear ones Sony uses.

But, the truth in the matter is, you'll probably love either one if you buy it.
Y

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 10:12:05 AM »
Im thinking of buy one of those 2. Whats the best? games variety, support, console quality...etc.

I've had two 360 die on me(red ring crap). Good thing is they died before warranty expired so I was able to get replacement. Bad thing is I barely even play the thing yet they still died.

Also have a PS3...no problems there. Online lots of annoying kids on 360. Ps3 not as annoying online. As far as games variety..they pretty much share the same library besides games like Halo which is 360.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 10:13:56 AM »
I'm sure if you typed in ps3 best controller of all time in google you will come up with an article supporting that claim
so for ME
disagree... not balanced .. you have tow arms both fairly same length same with legs... and eyes same place on your head
why does the x box controll have one analogue  at the top of the pad and the other analogue at the bottom? feels awkward
and the controll is huge and bulky.. one of the worst controllers of all consoles IMO

I'm not talking about a random google.  I'm talking industry articles, objective site polls, etc.

The offset analog is ergonomic, PS3's are not.

It only feels bulky for you since you are not very strong.  I suggest more compound exercises.   ;D

Y

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2011, 10:15:41 AM »
I've had two 360 die on me(red ring crap). Good thing is they died before warranty expired so I was able to get replacement. Bad thing is I barely even play the thing yet they still died.

Also have a PS3...no problems there. Online lots of annoying kids on 360. Ps3 not as annoying online. As far as games variety..they pretty much share the same library besides games like Halo which is 360.

The new XBOX 360 Slim - has greatly focused on that issues, shouldn't be a problem now at all!

Yeah as others said, online gaming with Xbox is AMAZING!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 10:16:01 AM »

The RRod stuff won't apply to a 360slim that he'd be buying now.

Y

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 10:19:49 AM »
i havent owned a console since a hand-me-down intellivision.  what about eas ncaa  football on consoles, is it any good?  that might get my attention.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 10:21:46 AM »
i havent owned a console since a hand-me-down intellivision.  what about eas ncaa  football on consoles, is it any good?  that might get my attention.

That is all i use mine for and Madden. Waiting for NCAA 12 to come out!!

It's the only way i can beat Ohio $tate.  :-\ :-\
D

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 10:22:13 AM »
The new XBOX 360 Slim - has greatly focused on that issues, shouldn't be a problem now at all!

Yeah as others said, online gaming with Xbox is AMAZING!!!!

that's good they fixed that. Other than that, I've had no issue with the 360.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 10:30:01 AM »
The Wii is for kids, leave it be.

My answer will generally lean to the 360, since I feel they just did such a better job this time around, and I LOVED my PS2.

As ND pointed out, you're going to see a lot of similarities in each system.   Advantages of the PS3 are going to be the blu-ray player, and it seems to be superior in terms of certain multimedia streaming capabilities, but both systems are always adding features in this regard.  Advantages to the 360 are going to be the online game play, and online content.

Games are subjective, but a lot of these games are developed for the 360 then ported to the PS3, so the quality suffers a bit. 

Move is a joke, and Kinnect will destroy it.  Check out youtube vids of Child of Eden.  Developers have had time to play with the Kinnect and will be releasing some great stuff.

Online is no contest at all, XBox Live! dominates in this regard.  Take CoD MW2 for example - tons of glitches on the PS3 network, and hackers have destroyed the game.  There are numerous examples of this, with Sony users often getting downloadable content after the 360 users have been playing for months.

As for the controller debate, that's subjective.  But, I would suggest you pick up both and see which one is easier to switch from the triggers to the bumper button.  Also, the 360s thumbsticks are offset, which is more natural, rather than the linear ones Sony uses.

But, the truth in the matter is, you'll probably love either one if you buy it.
Thanks man, very helpful.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 10:37:03 AM »
Thanks man, very helpful.

Good luck.

I forgot to mention it again, but if you're into online gaming, remember Bob's point - pick the system your friends play.  It's so much more fun.
Y

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 10:40:45 AM »
Good luck.

I forgot to mention it again, but if you're into online gaming, remember Bob's point - pick the system your friends play.  It's so much more fun.

Yup!!! exactly, one of the reasons I went with XBOX, aside from trading games with the,, you can play together online and its chaotic, just the other night I was on with 4 of my high school friends playing Halo Reach, and all the commraderie on stuff with the headsets, made the money I spent on the system soooo worth it!

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 10:43:00 AM »
Good luck.

Since i have never owned a console, how do you play online? I mean you should have an intenet connection right? lol do you pay anything to play online? stupid q's for sure.  ;D

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 10:43:04 AM »
buy both

use your xbox360 as your primary system
Then, use your ps3 as a Blu ray player and for the Ps3 exclusive titles.  The Ps3 is worth it for the uncharted series alone

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 11:13:19 AM »
Since i have never owned a console, how do you play online? I mean you should have an intenet connection right? lol do you pay anything to play online? stupid q's for sure.  ;D

Yup, you use the internet....  New Xbox has ethernet connection and built in wifi (old xbox only has ethernet but you can get a wifi adapter for like 25 bucks).....

To play online you have to be a member of Xbox Live, and you pay 50 dollars per year (you can buy it for cheper on amazon and ebay).... and you connect with your friends and can play either together, or against each other... you can play together against the computer AI in a game, or play together against othe people who are also online!  Its mad fun!

With Xbox (i dunno much about the Ps3 cause I dont have one), you can also buy and download full games online or free demos, rent HD movies directly from them or do netflix, download music!

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »
You'll need the following.....

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2011, 11:17:08 AM »
Thanks.  :) Im leaning to Xbox360 after those comments fuckers.  ;D

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 11:18:54 AM »
Thanks.  :) Im leaning to Xbox360 after those comments fuckers.  ;D

Good man!  Let me know when you get it and we'll play online!

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2011, 11:25:01 AM »
sure  ;)

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2011, 11:26:38 AM »
PS3 all day
no contest..xbox controller feels and looks like a jeep...
left anolog stick up right anolog stick down..
 :-[

wrong playing black ops on ps3 was damn near impossible for me

xbox360 I play shooters and the trigger buttons are key for me

also as far as it being a 'jeep' - this is also a plus with my fckn hands so big - controller feels gr8 n my hands and dont go numb that often

the sticks are better cause they are laid out moreso with allows me the look(right stick) move (left) more easily

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2011, 11:44:20 AM »
Thanks.  :) Im leaning to Xbox360 after those comments fuckers.  ;D

Cool.

Check www.slickdeals.net daily.  There's usually a 360 deal that pops up where you can get it with an Amazon $50 credit or something like it.

EDIT:  Just checked it and one just arrived.  $300 for a 4gb with Kinnect AND you get a $100 gift card to gohastings.com which you could use to buy a bigger hard drive or anything else.  Best deal I've seen to date -$100 gift card is huge.

http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=storead

I would suggest also looking online for an XBox Live! membership, since they can be had for 30-40.  Also, never pay more than $35 for a controller.

Good luck!
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2011, 01:33:10 PM »
go with ps3, the only reason more people have 360 is because it came out a year earlier and was cheaper

free online while 360 is $60 a year

blu ray player

better exclusive games and it will only get better, the only big exclusive 360 has coming is gears of war 3 (i hate those games), halo is basically done and i never liked those games either

ps3 has uncharted 3, infamous 2, last guardian, twisted metal, resistance 3 coming at the end of the year and the mass effect series is now on ps3 too

E
E