Author Topic: crysis 2  (Read 21031 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: crysis 2
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2011, 04:50:00 PM »
How  do you know Just Dance was marketed better than any PS3 exclusive?   You will make anything up to try to win an argument.   I guess you missed the hundreds of Uncharted 2 commercials?  The whole "it only does everything" campaign.  Just stop.

It's nice how you keep changing the argument anyway - first you touted that the PS3 outsold the 360.  Proven wrong.  Then you said it didn't win the holidays.  Proven wrong.  Then you said it was because of the early launch.  Proven wrong.  Now you're saying it's because of marketing.  What's next?

because i never saw a commercial for uncharted, which the majority seem to think is ps3's best title

i didn't know uncharted existed until i decided to buy a new console in january 2010

i never once saw uncharted 2 in their "it only does everything" campaign, infact i don't think they started that until several months after it was released

my links said ps3 outsold 369 worldwide

you said nothing to prove the early launch and chaepar price didn't make a difference, it's beyond stupid to think otherwise ::)

until i did my research last year i was convinced the 360 was better, i evolved while you are still stuck in 08

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2011, 04:57:28 PM »
This is from Digital Foundry, people who specialize on game comparisons:

On Arkham:
If you're interested you should read their reviews of Read Dead and Black Ops too. (I'd post, but they're blocked here.)  They're going to tell you the same thing.  PS3 suffers framerate issues due to lack of texture ram.  It's why they have to sacrifice polys in the non-Kratos pieces of God of War, etc...

Seriously - I don't get why you have to make up so much stuff in order to be happy with your PS3.  I love mine, and I understand all the numbers.

according to lens of truth.com there is a small difference, and if you think otherwise pat yourself on the back for having a SLIGHTLY better version while the 360 still lacks great games like uncharted and god of war

anybvody that sees a big difference here is crazy

i'm not making up shit, you just can't stand the fact that your comments in 08 "sony lost this round" is being proven wrong

360 was better then, ps3 is better now

E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2011, 05:32:57 PM »
because i never saw a commercial for uncharted, which the majority seem to think is ps3's best title

Which leads you to make the definitive statement that Just Dance was marketed better.  That's pretty much you in a nutshell.

my links said ps3 outsold 369 worldwide

No, they did not.  You continue to ignore reality.  They didn't use sales figures, here's your article again, bolded parts to aid your reading comprehension:

Which would appear to mean that these figures aren't based on raw sales data, they're based on some sort of algorithmic alchemy that seeks to determine how many of the consoles are being played with, and how many are gathering dust inside cupboards, or propping open annoying fire doors. That's surely the market statistical equivalent of trying to track down and quantify the Higgs boson particle, and I'm willing to bet Strategy Analytics do not have a Large Hadron Collider in their cellar. Though, of course, their maths could well be much more scrupulous than the phrase 'assumptions about device retirement' suggests.

I, and tu_holmes showed you data the industry uses that proves you completely wrong.

you said nothing to prove the early launch and chaepar price didn't make a difference, it's beyond stupid to think otherwise ::)

I've showed you actual numbers that show that the 360 is STILL outselling it.  The launch gave them the initial lead, but having zero presence in the Japanese market mitigated that.

until i did my research

Your research has been continually wrong, and data I've posted proves it.  You just really don't understand.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2011, 05:34:57 PM »

i'm not making up shit, you just can't stand the fact that your comments in 08 "sony lost this round" is being proven wrong

Only if you ignore the actual data.  Which you do.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2011, 05:47:24 PM »
I can't believe a videogame thread has broken into the "my console is better than yours" subject.

Whatever happened to just playing the games?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2011, 05:50:14 PM »
I can't believe a videogame thread has broken into the "my console is better than yours" subject.

It's actually even worse than that, since "better" is a matter of preference.  My argument is that 2+2=4, and he's telling me it's 5.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2011, 05:55:09 PM »
You know it makes me laugh a lot... because the funny part about the Xbox is that it's really good tech. The main CPU is a powermac G5 running at like 3.XX Ghz.

When we got our very first development kits from Microsoft, they were dual CPU powermac G5 machines running their proprietary tool set.

Does that mean that apple and Motorola make the best game console? ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2011, 06:11:54 PM »
That's hilarious.

You'd know better than me, but I think both units are more similar than different, at their core.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2011, 06:20:11 PM »
That's hilarious.

You'd know better than me, but I think both units are more similar than different, at their core.

The cell processor is great architecture, but realistically... has some flaws... from a simple MFLOPS standpoint, it is better, but that does not always relate to game visuals or enjoyment.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #159 on: April 14, 2011, 07:52:07 PM »

because "grape ape" has to post in every video game thread how he thinks the 360 is better, always taking subtle shots at the ps3

he's a microsoft fan boy that tried hard to get me to buy a 360, luckily i was smarter than that and did my own research ;D

grape - are you ever going to answer whether 360 markets their stuff better or not?  some wii game called "just dance" is irrlevant

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2011, 07:52:57 PM »
That's hilarious.

ps3 wins ;D

http://gear.ign.com/articles/111/1116182p1.html

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2011, 08:20:52 PM »
because "grape ape" has to post in every video game thread how he thinks the 360 is better, always taking subtle shots at the ps3

he's a microsoft fan boy that tried hard to get me to buy a 360, luckily i was smarter than that and did my own research ;D

grape - are you ever going to answer whether 360 markets their stuff better or not?  some wii game called "just dance" is irrlevant

E

First, re-read the thread.  We were talking about the blu-ray capabilities and whether MS missed the boat on not having a blu-ray.  I mentioned the numbers suggested they didn't,  and you then ran in with all your incorrect data.

A wii game called "Just Dance" is not irrelevant when it's been used to counter another one of your long line of incorrect posts.  You claim marketing is the only reason the big games outsold your precious PS3 exclusives, and I gave you an example of a game that beat them too without marketing.   That's called backing up a statement with something tangible, a foreign concept for you.

I'm not a fanboi, I own both systems and use them all the time.  I really like both of them.

And no, I'm not going to answer whether or not MS markets their games "better".   And the reason is I've worked in ad agencies for over 12 years and I know what constitutes "better".  You do not, and you won't listen, even if I told you the correct way to measure it.  Your idea of who is marketing better is whether you've seen the commercial or not.  Plus, I'm not going to bother digging up the media spends, ROI stuff because it would be lost on you.  Without looking, I really do not know who markets they're stuff "better".   Plus, you only started this stuff when you couldn't refute the numbers anymore, not that you'd admit it.

If you ever conceded one single point, especially when irrefutable data is right in front of your face, it might be worth continuing the discussion.  But you don't.   I've decided that one of two things is going on:  you're purposely acting stupid in order to keep me responding.   If you are, you've done a masterful job at baiting me, and getting me to continuously respond.  Props to you.  The second scenario is that you're so blinded by PS3 love, or just don't understand the most simple of concepts, that you keep saying the same thing over and over and over, regardless of the data presented.  I can tell which one it is, but neither is worth either of our time anymore.

Enjoy your PS3.  
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2011, 08:24:46 PM »

grape - are you ever going to answer whether 360 markets their stuff better or not?  some wii game called "just dance" is irrlevant

E

You know games are marketed by the publisher. Only if Microsoft is the publisher do they market it. In all other instances its the publisher. Like EA or THQ.  

Microsoft doesn't market much.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2011, 10:13:27 AM »
You know games are marketed by the publisher. Only if Microsoft is the publisher do they market it. In all other instances its the publisher. Like EA or THQ.  

Microsoft doesn't market much.

who published halo and gears of war?

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2011, 10:21:31 AM »

Enjoy your PS3.  

oh i will, i made the right decision

good thing i didn't listen to you after trying hard to convince me otherwise before making my purchase :)

and you're right i don't "know" marketing, i need a commercial or ad to be aware of most things, are you saying that the average consumer is different?  what do you think of the kinect being featured on oprah?

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2011, 12:10:42 PM »
who published halo and gears of war?

E

Microsoft published those 2 specific games... But does that equate to the overall sales being what they are? No... certainly not.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2011, 09:33:16 PM »

Finally got some Alien action.... I'm not gonna lie, I was a little terrified!

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2011, 02:14:30 AM »
some fucker hacked ps3 network so now they have closed it and noone can play online, im going to grab the first computer nerd i see and beat him to the ground and do that with every nerd i see until they open it again

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2011, 09:38:05 AM »
some fucker hacked ps3 network so now they have closed it and noone can play online, im going to grab the first computer nerd i see and beat him to the ground and do that with every nerd i see until they open it again

Should have gotten an xbox, lol

In all seriousness that really sucks!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2011, 04:22:17 PM »
we get the service for free, we can go a few days without it

still have all of those awesome exclusive gamesm not to mention playing as the studly Kratos on Mortal Kombat ;D

E
E

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »

still have all of those awesome exclusive gamesm not to mention playing as the studly Kratos on Mortal Kombat ;D

E

Did they say how long they were gonna keep the service out?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »
Did they say how long they were gonna keep the service out?

They did not... Also note, this affects developers as well. We can't upload any updates or patches to PSN because of this.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #172 on: April 24, 2011, 11:06:35 PM »

E
aah kratos, bought god of war 3 yesterday fucking awesome game, most brutal game i ever played.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2011, 05:07:57 PM »

Today I caved and implemented the unlimited suit energy cheat, because I was getting no where in this game! Didn't touch health or ammo though :)

Its crap though! Why the fuck do you lose suit energy when you fire guns??

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2011, 06:07:29 PM »
Today I caved and implemented the unlimited suit energy cheat, because I was getting no where in this game! Didn't touch health or ammo though :)

Its crap though! Why the fuck do you lose suit energy when you fire guns??

What?  ::) ::) ::)

You don't lose energy when you fire your guns, you lose energy when either you engage the cloak and then fire, so disengage the cloak before firing and engage it again afterwards.

You also lose energy when you have the shield turned on and get hit.

I love this game, have been playing since last week. I'm in mission "Out of the Ashes" now.