Author Topic: UFC 131 this Saturday. Countdown and Opinions  (Read 19290 times)

spinnis

UFC 131 this Saturday. Countdown and Opinions
« on: June 09, 2011, 10:01:22 AM »

My keyboard warrior analyze of Ufc cards is back to due popular demand. And with poular demand  I mean One request  ;D

On Saturday It's Time for UFC 131, Carwin Vs JDS. Was supposed to be jds vs brock until brock got the diverticulitis Again and has now undergone surgey and It was sucessfull. So its rehab time for Brock.

Not alot of big name matches on this card (that doesnt mean anything when it comes to potential great matches though) so Im just gonna focus on the main event.

JDS: Coming out of a 6 fight winning streak in the ufc (never lost in the ufc) 4 out of those 6 has ended in the first round with either KO / TKO. They say JDS has the best standup among HW's in the UFC and I dont know If I can argue. Good boxing which is only getting better  and everytime he fights. One reason might be because he gets to train with Anderson Silva on a daily basis. And he trains his ground game with the Nogueira brothers. He is better standing up then on the ground though. And because of Shane being a great wrestler the key for jds is to keep this Standing up. Shane has Super heavy hands but I think JDS can out strike him with the advantage in Speed and technique. And speed kills.

Carwin: Carwin is coming off the loss to Brock which many might argue is because Carwin gassed the fuck out. Besides brock fight hes 4-0 in the ufc and all fights ending in the first round due to either KO / TKO. Carwin is also well aware of the conditioning problem and has taken the neccecary steps to improve this. This means Carwin has dropped 25 pounds and it now "faster" then ever. And has not lost any significant they say. But what do we know. He has also ondergone neck surgey which was sucessfull. Apaprently had a constant pain in his neck for year due to compressed nerves or something. So Carwin is coming back from That and the 25 pounds weight loss. So we dont really know what to expect. Will he all of a sudden be alot faster then he used to be? Shocking JDS with his new found speed? Has it weakened him to he wont be able to take down jds? We dont know.
I do feel that Carwin key to victory is taking jds DOWN. HE might stand for a little while until he realises its better to take him down or go for the td Right away. We shall see.
This is in my mind an easier fight for Jsp then Lesnar would have been. The winner of this fight also gets to fight Cain velasquez for the title.

Demian Maia Vs Mark Munoz:
The classic wrestler VS grappler. Maia is argubable the best submission artist in the UFC today. But he hasn't impressed in his last fights so I dont know what we will see.

Mark munoz is a great wrestler =
"In high school, Muņoz was a two-time California State Wrestling Champion at 189 pounds for Vallejo High School, Asics First Team All American and the 1996 NHSCA National High School Champion.

As a collegian at Oklahoma State University, Muņoz captured two Big 12 titles and earned back-to-back All-America honors at 197 pounds, including his NCAA title as a senior in 2001. He became the first Filipino American at the Division I Level to win a National Championship. He also made the NWCA All-Academic Team for three years and the Big 12 All-Academic squad for four. Additionally, Muņoz was a three-year member of the FILA Junior World Wrestling Team, earning the silver medal in 199"

But hasn't really dominated people in the cage as you would think with his wrestling. So has he adjusted it better for MMA this time?
Will munoz stand with maia or take him down and wrestlefuck him for 3 rounds? Does he even want to be a maia's guard though? I dont know. Would be better for him and the fans if he kept it standing as maia shouldn't have a chance in taking him down. And especially not holding him down if munoz accidentally trips or something.

Jon Olav Einemo (Norwegian) vs Dave herman.
Jan olav was orginally supposed to face Carwin at this card since JDS was supposed to face lesnar. But with brocks illnesss carwin stepped up and Olav has to do with Dave herman. Which is kinda a shame and a huge stepdown. a win over carwin would hve propelled him to the top right away.
Many people might not have a clue who Jon olav is, But hes a Huge norwegian and an Awesome grappler. He is also the Only man to defeat Roge gracie in Abu dhabi open tournament.
Jan olav's last fight was in Pride in 2006 which he won. So hes coming of a Long layoff due to wanting to spend time with his kid and now gets a chance in the ufc right away due to Jan training at Golden Glory and they have good contact with UFC.
So really looking forward to this fight because myself being half Norwegian and all lol.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
Re: UFC 131 this Saturday. Countdown and Opinions
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 10:03:24 AM »
It's gonna be a good fight. I don't see Carwin and Jds going past the first round. Whoever connects first with a flush shot takes this one. I'm not sure why Carwin decided to loose so much weight though. Hopefully he didn't loose to much power.

spinnis

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 10:05:54 AM »
It's gonna be a good fight. I don't see Carwin and Jds going past the first round. Whoever connects first with a flush shot takes this one. I'm not sure why Carwin decided to loose so much weight though. Hopefully he didn't loose to much power.

Wanted to increse his conditioning.

In my mind though any Hw that goes Full speed like carwin did for a full round Will gas out. But I guess he wants to try something new =)

Should mention that Carwin has been coached by Paul heyman (yes the former wwe guy, ironically brocks "manager" in the wwe) on how to make his "trashtalking" better, and thats why it comes across as fucking retarded. Carwin didn't talk like that before and it doesnt fit him At all.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 10:08:42 AM »
Anyone would of been gassed after going bersek like he did for a whole minute straight. He punched himself out. His big advantage was his power and size. He could muscle guys against the cage and work his dirty boxing like he did to Mir. Will see maybe he still has the same power. It's gonna be an interesting fight. I haven't been pumped like this in awhile.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
My opinion is you wish these sweaty tough guys would put you in a rear naked ass puncture

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 10:14:52 AM »
JDS for the win.

spinnis

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 10:18:39 AM »
Should mention Kenny Florianwill be the first ever UFC fighter to fight in 4 different weight classes 185 to now 145. Against Ufc best striker jose aldo's training partner Diego nunes.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 10:19:56 AM »
Should mention Kenny Florianwill be the first ever UFC fighter to fight in 4 different weight classes 185 to now 145. Against Ufc best striker jose aldo's training partner Diego nunes.

That's gonna be a hell of a fight.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 03:47:53 PM »
Carwin is a B level fighter at best ( all hype ), easy fight for  JDS ( Ko 1st round).

Carwin  lost weight because  the Feds are watching him  closely  ,I hope this helps.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 03:49:01 PM »
kenny florian is one of my favorite fighters besides mir.  \Although he is a great fighter, he could not get past bj penn.  I think it is a good move to go down and hoepfully take the belt from Aldo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 03:49:09 PM »
angrier guy will win.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 03:49:43 PM »
JDS is going to wreck Carwin by TKO

Shane is overrated and his skill is blown way out of proportion.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 03:50:01 PM »
This.  I also think it was because of steroids like Che mentioned.

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
  • It's a little known fact
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 03:54:53 PM »
JDS vs carwin is the only fight on this card i ever remotely care about...I have JDS winning because of age,speed,more technical striker and just being better period..but...carwin can stop anyone in the world with a perfectly placed shot...should be entertaining either way...

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
My opinion is you wish these sweaty tough guys would put you in a rear naked ass puncture

;D

spinnis

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 05:39:24 AM »

carwin is looking "small".

"carwin is going to have a good 25-30 pounds on JDS coming in.." doesnt look like it. I guess we have wait until weighins

spinnis

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 05:43:32 AM »

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 05:45:02 AM »
It also helps Carwin that the fix isnt against him this time.

ReL0l at not defending a basic choke against cock chestnar.

The ultimate fraud championship is looking for a new american hero which can replace the stuntwrestler  ;D

Carwin by KO

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 06:16:43 AM »

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 06:25:03 AM »
Carwin looks small he lost a lot of size my god.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 06:42:29 AM »
Carwin looks small he lost a lot of size my god.

Hopefully he'll gain some back after weigh in.

I'm concerned that his loss of weight will affect his power and confidence. 

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

spinnis

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 06:49:16 AM »
Hopefully he'll gain some back after weigh in.

I'm concerned that his loss of weight will affect his power and confidence.  

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

?? I doubt he worries about the 265 limit these days. its not like hes 275 in those photos and has to cut water. And thats not during weigh ins either. so he wont gain more size then what he looks there

carwin has always looked kinda small in photos due to his massive head, but looks big shirtless. so maby its just an illusion but man.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 07:45:46 AM »
Why do people forget, Carwin has not been stopped? Lesnar only got the sub because Carwin was gassed from raining fists on Brock's flabby forearms whilst Brock lay on his back offering no resistance. Ref would have stepped in if Lesnar wasn't the Franchise favourite. Carwin to beat JDS in the first round by KO (same way he wins everything).

spinnis

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 07:53:56 AM »
Why do people forget, Carwin has not been stopped? Lesnar only got the sub because Carwin was gassed from raining fists on Brock's flabby forearms whilst Brock lay on his back offering no resistance. Ref would have stepped in if Lesnar wasn't the Franchise favourite. Carwin to beat JDS in the first round by KO (same way he wins everything).

Yes, but and? JDS has never been stopped either (one arm bar a long time ago) but never in the ufc and jds has faced alot better opponents..

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 07:59:32 AM »
Yes, but and? JDS has never been stopped either (one arm bar a long time ago) but never in the ufc and jds has faced alot better opponents..

JDS may have the technical advantage, but take a look at the Gonzaga KO by Carwin and tell me he's not faced top competition. He put Gonzaga on his ass with a half-arm punch. The size he's lost might be just that he's changed his programme to improve his stamina