Author Topic: Luke Wood - R.I.P - passed away after body rejected kidney  (Read 91432 times)

R_ulinsky

• Getbig II
Luke Wood - R.I.P - passed away after body rejected kidney
« on: August 31, 2011, 12:03:47 PM »
Just read on facebook australian bodybuilder Luke wood took a turn for the worst after a kidney transplant. Not sure of all the details, sad news. Rip

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: RIP luke woods
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 12:11:15 PM »
no way

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:11:50 PM »
 ???
b

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 12:13:11 PM »
Link?

Hope you didn't read this on that other site. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 12:27:38 PM »

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 12:27:55 PM »
R.I.P Big man

"Most of you know our friend and our brother, IFBB Pro and Australian bodybuilding legend, Luke Wood. A lot of you also know he has fucked kidneys has had been battling with Dialysis to keep him healthy. Some of you know that he has to have a kidney transplant in the future.

Not many of you know that a week ago he got a phone call out of the blue from the hospital and they said, "We have a kidney for you, we can operate tomorrow morning, can you pack a bag and come straight in to prep you."

Fuck!!! I really can't imagine how shit scared I would be. Luke has been feeling quite good on dialysis and he must have thought twice about this.

Anyway with an almost perfectly matched kidney he has just had the operation, but a few days ago his body started to reject it and he took a bit of a turn. He is on a shit load of anti rejection medicine at the moment and very, very sore and groggy.

He has just been released home to rest and has to go to the hospital every day for now and he is by no means out of the woods yet. (No pun intended)

He has his lovely finance Nora taking good care of him and he is always very positive about things, so here's hoping the big fella can make a full recovery as fast as possible.

You know, I have never heard Luke complain once or say "why me". Even when Luke has been at his lowest and most tired, he is still fun to be around and he can’t do enough to help others. Since this whole news hit him he has sucked it up and worked through it like a fucken steam train. I love and respect Luke so much for who he is outside of the bodybuilder and I know many of you do as well, I know Hound Dog, Schembri and Jenkins are also very close to Luke and have always been such good mates to him. Luke also has beautiful parents and everyone is there for him, so fingers crossed we can all see him up and about very soon and give him a big hug."

AVBG

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »
Quote from: hairyballs07;1038709
I can't believe it! It is with every ounce of sadness that I say goodbye to my brother, my mate and my biggest inspiration in bodybuilding.

To Nora and Luke's family, I can't believe he has been taken from us and that I wont see him here again. It's not fair and I don't understand why this has happened. This has brought me to my knees. I loved Luke so much and for so many reasons that I can't count. I feel so helpless and small, I just want my mate back!

I just got off to sleep and Schmebri phoned me, I answered the phone and the first thing I said was what's happened to Luke, is he ok? Schembri told me he had just passed minutes ago. Schembri was a mess, crying uncontrollably for his brother too. Luke took a turn again and was rushed back in to hospital rejecting the kidney, but we lost him.

I can't absorb this, I can't believe it's real! Until we meet again, RIP Luke, my life is so much better for you being in it!

Love always, Phil and Vania Primmer

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 12:43:47 PM »
Very sad if he did die...always seemed cool on the boards.

TheTrueVictor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 12:48:50 PM »
Caught wind of this via Dennis James' Twitter account.

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 12:54:49 PM »
Will Milos be at the funeral to shed light on the reason why Luke died?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 12:57:25 PM »
So, in essence, Milos strikes again?

How sad, dude was intelligent and offered great banter on here.

Kids, don't become a professional bber, just lift weights, study, and screw chicks...it ain't worth a kidney transplant (or rejection)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »
sport of peace  ::)

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 01:00:15 PM »
twitter.com

Dennis James
BIGDJAMES

RIP IFBB pro Luke Woods. He passed away after a kidney transplant. My condolences go out to his family and friends. It's a sad day today.

32 minutes ago

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 01:02:16 PM »
I got a text from DJ during the night here and had to sadly confirm.

For once, I am lost for words. Sad, sad day for us all. My deepest sympathy to Luke's Mum and Dad, Nora and family. They were his biggest supporters. To all his mates, stay strong, this will be tough. I have had texts of support and best wishes from his pro mates during the night, he has touched many people all over the world. Luke lived his dream and I know that he inspired a whole generation with his travels. Sadly he won't get to live part 2 of his dream, the family and business part. He was getting married in 6 weeks. He will be sadly missed.

Tony Doherty

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 01:03:24 PM »
Did you get this info from "Special DE?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 01:08:48 PM »
So, in essence, Milos strikes again?

How sad, dude was intelligent and offered great banter on here.

Kids, don't become a professional bber, just lift weights, study, and screw chicks...it ain't worth a kidney transplant (or rejection)

intelligent....? why would anyone with intelligence poison themself with drugs?
i wish him no ill however hopefully he recovers
choice is an illusion

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 01:09:56 PM »

For once, I am lost for words. Sad, sad day for us all. My deepest sympathy to Luke's Mum and Dad, Nora and family. They were his biggest supporters. To all his mates, stay strong, this will be tough. I have had texts of support and best wishes from his pro mates during the night, he has touched many people all over the world. Luke lived his dream and I know that he inspired a whole generation with his travels. Sadly he won't get to live part 2 of his dream, the family and business part. He was getting married in 6 weeks. He will be sadly missed.

Tony Doherty

It is sad and it is a senseless death. 

Bodybuilding is supposed to be a way to enjoy a longer healthier life, its not supposed to be a death sentence.  Let those of us who are informed shed light on the cause of Luke's death so that the younger kids in the gym might not see Lukes fate in the same way.

Education is the best way to understand the cause and a effects of the chemicals that Luke and some many other bodybuilders abuse far to often.

Condolence to the family and friends.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 01:10:51 PM »

i wish him no ill however hopefully he recovers

He's dead you stupid fucker.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 01:19:06 PM »

Tony Doherty

Wow that sucks , rest in peace Luke  :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 01:22:02 PM »
Unbelievable.

g101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 01:25:35 PM »