Author Topic: Obama to veto Keystone Pipeline today. - IS THERE ANY DOUBT LEFT?  (Read 5277 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
The Corner

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/288435/keystoned-daniel-foster

The one and only.

About This Blog Archive E-Mail RSS Send Print   |  Text Keystoned

By Daniel Foster
January 18, 2012 11:41 A.M. Comments

So far unconfirmed, but Fox News’ White House correspondent Ed Henry is tweeting that the State Department will announce today that it is not going forward with the Keystone XL pipeline.

Great timing, considering the president’s “Council on Jobs and Competitiveness” just released a year-end report calling for an “all-in approach” to energy that allows “more access to oil, natural gas and coal opportunities on federal lands.”

The report does not specifically mention the Keystone XL oil pipeline, but it endorses moving forward quickly with projects that “deliver electricity and fuel,” including pipelines.

“The Council recognizes the important safety and environmental concerns surrounding these types of projects, but now more than ever, the jobs and economic and energy security benefits of these energy projects require us to tackle the issues head-on and to expeditiously, though cautiously, move forward on projects that can support hundreds of thousands of jobs,” the report says.

The report retreats slightly from an interim report released in October that addressed the Keystone XL pipeline directly. The interim report appeared to offer cautious support for Keystone, calling on officials to “balance” environmental protections while realizing what it called the benefits of the pipeline.

More here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Obama to veto Keystone Pipeline today. - IS THERE ANY DOUBT LEFT?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 09:10:58 AM »
I dont even know if I can feel more disappointed... He is running the country into the ground and he actually arrogant enough to think the things he's doing are fixing things.

This man is going to go down as a terrible black mark in our history, the man that destroyed the country while promising to save it and was stupid enough to believe his own bullshit.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 09:15:51 AM »
Congrats on your oil, China.

Also, Shockwave reported for racism.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 09:20:29 AM »
Congrats on your oil, China.

Also, Shockwave reported for racism.
But, but, but, Obama said he was going to decrease dependance on foreign oil!
Oh, I get it,
His actions dont matter, only his words. His words must magically make oil appear in our refineries.
Duh. How stupid was I.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 09:48:53 AM »
Alarmist rhetoric.  He is vetoing the proposed route, keystone are already planning to change the route. 

Canada's oil isn't going to China, the northern pipeline isn't going through for years.

Next year this will be approved to be built along a less ecologically sensitive area. 

Abandon every hope...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 10:00:21 AM »
Alarmist rhetoric.  He is vetoing the proposed route, keystone are already planning to change the route. 

Canada's oil isn't going to China, the northern pipeline isn't going through for years.

Next year this will be approved to be built along a less ecologically sensitive area. 

You realize, that is exactly what people say, except they seem to forget the seller has wants too.

Like when you buy a car, the seller is only going to wait for you to make up your mind for so long.
If China offers the right money, that oil is gone. It would be completely retarded of you to think otherwise. Like Canada is just going to sit on it when there is no guarantee Mr. Greenpeace Obama is going to say yes.

I find your answer incredibly naive to think they wont take it elsewhere, when there is no incentive not to.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 10:08:36 AM »
You realize, that is exactly what people say, except they seem to forget the seller has wants too.

Like when you buy a car, the seller is only going to wait for you to make up your mind for so long.
If China offers the right money, that oil is gone. It would be completely retarded of you to think otherwise. Like Canada is just going to sit on it when there is no guarantee Mr. Greenpeace Obama is going to say yes.

I find your answer incredibly naive to think they wont take it elsewhere, when there is no incentive not to.

News flash - China isn't offering more money than America.  They pay what the market dictates.  Due to the cost intensive nature of oil sands extraction and refinement that number will be upwards of $70 per barrel minimum. 

The problem is getting it to Kitimat in Northern BC.  You have legal challenges from First Nations, Environmental groups and a provincial tanker moratorium to deal with.  These issues will mean the northern pipeline will take years.

Meanwhile, the keystone pipeline route will change, it will be approved and America can be happy paying market rates for oil from Canada rather than market rates from Saudi Arabia.

Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 12:03:02 PM »
Whatever - the message being sent is clear, we will remain slaves to OPEC thanks to ghettobama

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 12:19:53 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 12:22:47 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 12:39:44 PM »
Obama: More jobs in jobless benefits than Keystone

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/obama-more-jobs-jobless-benefits-keystone/244871

by Joel Gehrke Commentary Staff Writer

President Obama said that he will delay his vacation and keep Congress in session until the passage of his desired payroll tax cut and unemployment benefits extension -- two proposals that Obama said would create more jobs than the Keystone XL pipeline that his administration recently delayed.

"I would not ask anyone to do something I'm not willing to do myself," Obama said when asked if he would go on vacation while keeping Congress in Washington D.C. "We are going to stay here as long as it takes [to get unemployment extended and pass the payroll tax cut]."

As Obama called for passage of those bills, he also responded to a recent Republican push to require him to approve the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline from Canada. "However many jobs might be generated by a Keystone pipeline," he said, "they're going to be a lot fewer than the jobs that are created by extending the payroll tax cut and extending unemployment insurance."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 12:41:02 PM »
President Obama Bows to Special Interests: Refuses to Approve Keystone XL Pipeline from Canada
Ronald Bailey | January 18, 2012

http://reason.com/blog/2012/01/18/president-obama-bows-to-special-interest

The 1,700-mile Keystone XL pipeline from Alberta, Canada, would daily transport more than 500,000 barrels of oil derived from oil sands to the Gulf of Mexico. The U.S. already imports about 2 million barrels of oil per day from Canada. Since the pipeline crosses our border the president has the reponsibility to decide if it is in the national interest. President Obama under pressure from the environmental lobby punted on approving the pipeline - bravely putting off his decision until after the elections in November. In December, the Republicans in Congress passed legislation that required the president to make his decision by February 21st. Apparently, he now has.

Proponents of the pipeline point out that the project is shovel-ready and would create 20,000 construction jobs. In addition, the pipeline has passed environmental muster twice already. And the company has agreed to re-site a portion of the pipeline in order to allay exaggerated fears that a leak from it might harm the Ogallala aquifer. Nevertheless, the National Journal is reporting:

The State Department is expected to deny a permit for the controversial Keystone XL pipeline on Wednesday afternoon ....

The announcement is expected at 3 p.m. by Deputy Secretary of State William Burns, the sources said.

Rejection of the permit would not necessarily kill the 1,700-mile project to carry oil from Canada's tar sands to refineries in Texas, however.

The Obama administration has said it simply could not adequately review the proposed project in time to meet a 60-day deadline for a decision on the permit imposed by Congress in the payroll-tax package enacted in December.

In a statement emailed to the media, Daniel Weiss, Senior Fellow and Director of Climate Strategy at the left-leaning Center for American Progress in Washington, DC, praises the decision to further delay the project:

Today President Obama made a courageous decision that says that special interests will not decide our clean energy future.

Depends on what the meaning of "special interests" is.

________________________ ________________________ ___

This thug and ghetto madoff needs to be impeached over this.   

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 01:07:44 PM »
impeached? haha get a grip.

The pipeline is going to be built, just not on the route they originally planned for. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 01:09:55 PM »

The pipeline is going to be built, just not on the route they originally planned for. 

Yeah ok KC.    and obama was going to have a public option, not sign NDAA, etc.   

Keep Hoping for Change moron, it aint coming from this piece of garbage in the WH   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »
Canadian Leader Says He's Profoundly Disappointed Obama Turned Down the Keystone XL Pipeline
TORONTO January 18, 2012 (AP)

Canadian leader says he's profoundly disappointed Obama turned down the Keystone XL pipeline.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/canadian-leader-profoundly-disappointed-obama-turned-keystone-xl-15388481

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 01:57:20 PM »
Hahahaha...I love the weak defense of this. That cock sucking, limp wristed...douchebag has done it again. There is ZERO doubt that this guy is a fucking traitorous asshat. He just caved to the wack job leftists that idiots like 240 said he would never do....or more to the point, swore Obama would drift to the Center once he won...yeah real centerist 240. I hope its all oil pipeline all the time from here on in. This was going to create tons of private sector jobs....jobs Barry can't have because its not on the gov tit. This further erodes the Union and business vote that Barry has confused at his actions. He let go the voice of moderation that was Daley...so he could pander to the maxist wing of the dem party...good job Barry.  ::)
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 02:03:08 PM »
Hahahaha...I love the weak defense of this. That cock sucking, limp wristed...douchebag has done it again. There is ZERO doubt that this guy is a fucking traitorous asshat. He just caved to the wack job leftists that idiots like 240 said he would never do....or more to the point, swore Obama would drift to the Center once he won...yeah real centerist 240. I hope its all oil pipeline all the time from here on in. This was going to create tons of private sector jobs....jobs Barry can't have because its not on the gov tit. This further erodes the Union and business vote that Barry has confused at his actions. He let go the voice of moderation that was Daley...so he could pander to the maxist wing of the dem party...good job Barry.  ::)

Traitorbama does not want private sector jobs - he is intent on collapsing America.  This is but one more prime example. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »
Boehner: Obama approved Solyndra, but not Keystone

by Joel Gehrke Commentary Staff Writer

House Speaker John Boehner said that President Obama has put politics ahead of job creation, and faulted the president for approving the high-risk Solyndra loan guarantee, but then denying a permit for the Keystone XL pipeline to be built.

"President Obama expedited approval of the Solyndra loan project, but won't approve a project that's been under review for over three years," House Speaker John Boehner said in a press conference today on Obama's decision not to grant a permit for the Keystone pipeline. He declared that "President Obama is destroying tens of thousands of American jobs and shipping American energy security to the Chinese."

He argued that "the President is selling out American jobs for politics," and declared that Obama's promise to work to create jobs "was broken" today.

President Obama said he was "disappointed" in the Republicans for forcing a Keystone decision ahead of the environmental studies timetable. "The rushed and arbitrary deadline insisted on by Congressional Republicans prevented a full assessment of the pipeline’s impact, especially the health and safety of the American people, as well as our environment," Obama said in his statement on the Keystone rejection. "I’m disappointed that Republicans in Congress forced this decision, but it does not change my Administration’s commitment to American-made energy that creates jobs and reduces our dependence on oil."

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 02:36:37 PM »

Yeah, he already vetod it once, there is no way hell do it again, and NO way that Canada will not take that chance and head to a guaranteed buyer.  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »
I really think there should be a serious move to impeach Obama on grounds that he alone is intentionally acting against American interests and national security.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 02:42:02 PM »

A controversial deal signed by a B.C. First Nation official with Enbridge on the Northern Gateway pipeline project has been rejected in a vote by aboriginal leaders.

A meeting of 36 Gitxsan hereditary chiefs Tuesday officially rejected the agreement signed by Gitxsan Treaty Society negotiator Elmer Derrick in December.

The pipeline to China is a "pipe dream"
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 02:45:06 PM »
Under Obama, Oil and Gas Production on Federal Lands Is Down 40%
Heritage ^ | 1/18/12 | Rob Bluey

In his announcement rejecting the Keystone XL pipeline today, President Obama boasted that under his administration, “domestic oil and natural gas production is up.” Obama, of course, failed to mention that his administration can’t actually take any credit for the increase.

The vast majority of America’s oil and gas production is happening on private lands in states like North Dakota, Alaska and Texas.

It’s not that Obama is devoid of responsibility. His administration oversees oil and gas production on federal lands by issuing leases. But when measuring oil and gas production in areas under Obama’s jurisdiction, the numbers tell a different story.

Citing publicly available federal data, the House Natural Resources Committee noted these figures:

Oil and natural gas production on federal lands is down by more than 40 percent compared to 10 years ago.

Under the Obama administration, 2010 had the lowest number of onshore leases issued since 1984.

The Obama administration held only one offshore lease sale in 2011.

(Excerpt) Read more at blog.heritage.org ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 02:46:16 PM »
A controversial deal signed by a B.C. First Nation official with Enbridge on the Northern Gateway pipeline project has been rejected in a vote by aboriginal leaders.

A meeting of 36 Gitxsan hereditary chiefs Tuesday officially rejected the agreement signed by Gitxsan Treaty Society negotiator Elmer Derrick in December.

The pipeline to China is a "pipe dream"
And you think that they wont find a way around that? The difference being, our home enviro-nazis will never let that Pipeline go across our soil if they have their way.
The Canadians know this. And they will not allow all that money to go to waste.

I feel like youre really fumbling around for a way to not make this a big deal, when everything Ive read everything says the same thing - this is a clusterfuck of epic proportions, and since Obama is far too deep in "big greens" asshole, I dont see any different outcomes later on down the road.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 02:49:18 PM »
Under Obama, Oil and Gas Production on Federal Lands Is Down 40%
Heritage ^ | 1/18/12 | Rob Bluey

In his announcement rejecting the Keystone XL pipeline today, President Obama boasted that under his administration, “domestic oil and natural gas production is up.” Obama, of course, failed to mention that his administration can’t actually take any credit for the increase.

The vast majority of America’s oil and gas production is happening on private lands in states like North Dakota, Alaska and Texas.

It’s not that Obama is devoid of responsibility. His administration oversees oil and gas production on federal lands by issuing leases. But when measuring oil and gas production in areas under Obama’s jurisdiction, the numbers tell a different story.

Citing publicly available federal data, the House Natural Resources Committee noted these figures:

Oil and natural gas production on federal lands is down by more than 40 percent compared to 10 years ago.

Under the Obama administration, 2010 had the lowest number of onshore leases issued since 1984.

The Obama administration held only one offshore lease sale in 2011.

(Excerpt) Read more at blog.heritage.org ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol, but he'll the country with a straight face that he's helping to decrease our dependancy on foreign oil

Maybe by that, he means he's going to run the country so far into the ground that we wont need oil.
Or maybe he just plans to flat out ban oil so that he can keep his enviro nazi friends.