Author Topic: people who commit suicide... are they really cowards....  (Read 10067 times)

Loc

• Getbig II
people who commit suicide... are they really cowards....
« on: March 27, 2012, 04:00:56 PM »
or are they ballsy?

think about it, could you make up your mind right now to kill yourself and follow through not knowing whats going to happen on "the otherside?" most people think suiciders are pussies for not being able to deal with thier issues. i beg to differ and think that is an extremely ballsy move, one i can never make no matter how hard life gets.

thoughts?.....

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: people who commit suicide... are they really cowards....
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 04:04:30 PM »
I think that if you do this kinda thing you have severe mental issues and should be pitied rather than anything else.

God knows what gets people to this stage in their life but thankfully no-one I know or care about has ever done this.

Loc

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
saw a documentary about the golden gate bridge infamous for so many go there to jump off and kill themselves which made me wonder how they do it. but yeah most have mental issues i suppose.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 04:13:07 PM »
Very, very, very complicated topic. Not one that you can simply generalise AT ALL.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 04:26:35 PM »
i coudlnt do it.

but...

if i was riddled with cancer, knew i'd be dead in a month... was in 24/7 pain and nausea... and could just lie on a beach and take a handful of painkillers and check out with the sunset, well then it might make sense.

IMO, a lot of people on their deathbed probably up the dose to check out and end the pain.  My guess is that death is pretty damn painless.  I took a spill in my yard the other day - went head over heels when changing an outside light bulb... bees flew out, the chair i was standing on fell, and i was out for a minute in the yard.  If i had died, I woudlnt' have felt a thing.  Just changing light one minute, life knocked out of me the next.  it's fast.  probably just like going to sleep.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 04:32:49 PM »
I think if you leave kids/wife/family behind than you would be a coward cause its your responsibility to take care of them. If you're single with no one depending on you than I wouldn't consider them cowards nor brave. No one chooses to be born but taking your own life for some reason remains taboo. I say fuck it do what you want.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 04:36:23 PM »
it's fast.  probably just like going to sleep.

We'd like to think so anyway. I'm guessing for most there's probably more suffering involved.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 04:39:43 PM »
I don't really think so. A buddy of mine killed himself. It devastated the whole town. He had more balls than anyone I ever met. Little guy but the best defense end I've ever seen especially for his size. State champ wrestler to. He tied himself to a tree set himself on fire  :-[ He was a nut got hooked on pills and his mother passed from brain cancer. He couldn't take it anymore.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 04:40:22 PM »
I think that if you do this kinda thing you have severe mental issues and should be pitied rather than anything else.

God knows what gets people to this stage in their life but thankfully no-one I know or care about has ever done this.

By the way, I don't get it why the word pity raises so strong emotions in some people. Just a hint to that direction and you get people who will say "I don't need your pity man!". How is pity different from sympathy anyway?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 04:43:12 PM »
saw a documentary about the golden gate bridge infamous for so many go there to jump off and kill themselves which made me wonder how they do it.

I could never go that way. I'll take the exit bag.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 04:46:07 PM »
saw a documentary about the golden gate bridge infamous for so many go there to jump off and kill themselves which made me wonder how they do it. but yeah most have mental issues i suppose.

Dude, that documentary was awesome. That one dude with long hair, when he jumps, he just hopped on the edge and stood up and fell. He looked like a doll. Most of the other people flailed around, he took it like a pro. Then that one dude who survived, you could tell he is still a mess. Anyways, suiciders are pussies.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 04:48:11 PM »
Anyways, suiciders are pussies.

Hardly.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »
By the way, I don't get it why the word pity raises so strong emotions in some people. Just a hint to that direction and you get people who will say "I don't need your pity man!". How is pity different from sympathy anyway?

Exactly!

Pity is not patronising or arrogant.

When I say the word I mean empathy or sympathy.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »
or are they ballsy?

think about it, could you make up your mind right now to kill yourself and follow through not knowing whats going to happen on "the otherside?" most people think suiciders are pussies for not being able to deal with thier issues. i beg to differ and think that is an extremely ballsy move, one i can never make no matter how hard life gets.

thoughts?.....

its a bit of both... noone commits suicide because they are happy. people commit suicide because they gave up on life ( for whatever reason), nd cant handle it like a man... but i never understood they saying " he took the easy way out"... its not easy. its takes gutys to stare a gun down and pulling the trigger. or going on a roof and jumping off.

i sometimes think about death ( after having some really close encounters, which i wont get to today, maybe sometime down the road i'll vent). The part that i cant wrap my head around is the moment of death. what happens? is it like you fall asleep? or is it painful? i cant understand when people say he died peacefully, how can that be? if your heart stops, isnt that painful? isnt it like a heart attack? you pretty much die because blood and oxygen stop circulating...or when people die in their sleep, what happens at that momemnt? do you know its happening? is it like pitch black and you and boom thats it?  no i have not been drinking lol

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 05:18:15 PM »
The part that i cant wrap my head around is the moment of death. what happens? is it like you fall asleep? or is it painful? i cant understand when people say he died peacefully, how can that be? if your heart stops, isnt that painful? isnt it like a heart attack? you pretty much die because blood and oxygen stop circulating...or when people die in their sleep, what happens at that momemnt? do you know its happening? is it like pitch black and you and boom thats it?  no i have not been drinking lol

It's gotta be miserable, no matter how it happens.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 05:20:31 PM »
Or maybe just stupid.

I know what's going to happen "on the other side:" jack shit. Nothing. Non-existence.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 05:25:13 PM »
people without problems don't kill them self - hope this helps

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2012, 05:26:59 PM »
or are they ballsy?

thoughts?.....

Cowards

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »
they could be one of many different things. extremely faithful. extremely hopeful. extremely tormented. extremely depressed. etc.

it would be a rare case where the word "coward" applies though, i think.

in fact im finding it very difficult to think up a possible possibilty where it would.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »
its a bit of both... noone commits suicide because they are happy. people commit suicide because they gave up on life ( for whatever reason), nd cant handle it like a man... but i never understood they saying " he took the easy way out"... its not easy. its takes gutys to stare a gun down and pulling the trigger. or going on a roof and jumping off.

i sometimes think about death ( after having some really close encounters, which i wont get to today, maybe sometime down the road i'll vent). The part that i cant wrap my head around is the moment of death. what happens? is it like you fall asleep? or is it painful? i cant understand when people say he died peacefully, how can that be? if your heart stops, isnt that painful? isnt it like a heart attack? you pretty much die because blood and oxygen stop circulating...or when people die in their sleep, what happens at that momemnt? do you know its happening? is it like pitch black and you and boom thats it?  no i have not been drinking lol

I wonder the same thing...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 05:34:32 PM »

is it even possible to die ?  :)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 05:39:40 PM »
Or maybe just stupid.

I know what's going to happen "on the other side:" jack shit. Nothing. Non-existence.
Thats probably why they do it.  You don't think devout christians or other religious people commit suicide do you?  It mostly people who don't believe, and just want to end the pain/problems.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 05:41:43 PM »
It mostly people who don't believe, and just want to end the pain/problems.

Agreed. End it.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 05:58:41 PM »
They aren't cowards, unless you've been in their shoes, shut your fucking face.