Author Topic: people who commit suicide... are they really cowards....  (Read 10070 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: people who commit suicide... are they really cowards....
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2012, 06:11:11 AM »
are you suggesting that you have memories of a past life!
Yes. Several. I also do this for others.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2012, 06:16:42 AM »
I am the greatest cynic - isn't it easy to just say you have experienced something that can't actually be verified or proven

The memory seems to have trouble recalling events of this life let alone a past one

and why aren't more people experiencing this phenomena?

and what possible benefit can remembering a past life have if the majority can't even make sense of this one!
V

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2012, 06:25:41 AM »
not a good move: your "lessons" will be exponentially harsher so you "get it" this time

I did it in my last life: Romania 1960's .. I was a 12 yo boy

You.Are.Mentally.Ill.
from incomplete data

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2012, 06:38:20 AM »
I am the greatest cynic - isn't it easy to just say you have experienced something that can't actually be verified or proven

The memory seems to have trouble recalling events of this life let alone a past one

and why aren't more people experiencing this phenomena?

and what possible benefit can remembering a past life have if the majority can't even make sense of this one!
VERY well said .. I made sens outta this one.. so I am tying loose ends and reconnecting with my multi-dimensional self.

As far as proof: I know what I know. And that's all that matters to me. I don't seek approval. People come to me .. I don't seek them.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2012, 06:38:42 AM »

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2012, 06:42:09 AM »
VERY well said .. I made sens outta this one.. so I am tying loose ends and reconnecting with my multi-dimensional self.

As far as proof: I know what I know. And that's all that matters to me. I don't seek approval. People come to me .. I don't seek them.

That counts for nothing, people go to all sorts of quacks.
from incomplete data

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2012, 10:23:20 AM »
Some perhaps are and many are likely not.

This question doesn't have one answer as all people are different as are all suicides and the reasons/motivations behind them.

To suggest there is one correct answer is to show incredible ignorance, stupidity and arrogance. What person can know exactly what goes on in another's mind? And what individual can suggest another's final action in suicide was the result of cowardice?

I do, however, laugh when the whole topic of "the other side" comes up. Listen, folks. When you die, you die. Lights out. Game over. Body decomposes and there is no "spirit" that "lives on". Give me a friggin' break. You're taking a permanent dirt nap. And your memory will die sooner or later as those who knew you come to their end. It's inevitable.

This isn't pessimism; it's reality.

I mean, who cares about "living on" in some form? Is your ego really that out of control? You are important, sure ... but not really.

Enjoy that which you enjoy and try not to step on anyone else's toes. It's the best that can happen.

As far as death hurting, well, some methods of death clearly hurt, but then again, what's hurting? Hell, getting your digit snagged in a car door hurts, as does stubbing your toe, or having a real bad stomach flu. Or having a tooth pulled. Or ... You get the point.

If someone wants to off himself, go for it. I do, however, feel it isn't too pleasant to do it in a way so as to torment another for the rest of his life. Unless this is your game. But then, if it is, well, you are offing yourself for a goofy reason. Like wasting yourself over a broad. Once a dude realizes how stupid the game of boy-girl relationships is, he'll likely never consider a bullet to the face over some dizzy dame.

Having a right to kill ourselves is the ultimate proof of freedom. Hell knows what passes for "freedom" today isn't. Governments regulate every fuckin' aspect of our lives, whether you see it or not.

If I wanna own a gun, I am going to own a gun. Fuck the police. And if I want to jam a stick of dynamite in my piehole and light the fuse, well, that's my right.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2012, 10:41:35 AM »
Well said.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »
i guess it depends on when a person hits that breakin point and just says fug it. ive been there once or twice
R

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2012, 12:38:22 PM »
Depression is no joke. Society has empathy toward people with cancer and heart disease etc. Yet for the most part are totally ignorant when it comes to people with mental Illness.  Suicide in a lot cases is the end game of someone with Melancholy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melancholia

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2012, 12:40:06 PM »
Sev who have you been in your previous lives?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2012, 12:47:14 PM »
not a good move: your "lessons" will be exponentially harsher so you "get it" this time

I did it in my last life: Romania 1960's .. I was a 12 yo boy

I agree that its always in your best interests to try to understand what is being shown to you "lessons" in the now.

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2012, 01:17:42 PM »
OP, I disagree... Who cares what's on the otherside?  You'll never know till you get there and death in an inevitability anyway.  So in reality, crossing over to the other side has an equal chance of being amazing just as it could be horrid.

People don't just "choose" to end their life.  They give up because they can't deal with life.  Who was the last stress free, happy, well off person that you knew to just go ahead and end their life because they were curious?  I'm going to guess that there is no one you know like this because people who are enjoying life don't usually contemplate much the thought of ending it.

Death is the easy way out.  Life is hard.  Remember, the measure of a person is better determined not by what happens to them in life but by how they react to the things that happen to them.

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2012, 01:18:37 PM »
Also, it's selfish.  Most people have at least SOMEONE in the world who cares about them.  It's pretty selfish to not think of those who care about you when you're thinking about what a "ballsy mofo" you must be because you could kill yourself lol.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2012, 01:35:11 PM »
Also, it's selfish.  Most people have at least SOMEONE in the world who cares about them.  It's pretty selfish to not think of those who care about you when you're thinking about what a "ballsy mofo" you must be because you could kill yourself lol.

Do you really believe someone so desperate is thinking about how "ballsy" they will appear?

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2012, 01:37:33 PM »
They aren't cowards, unless you've been in their shoes, shut your fucking face.

once again the ignorance of this board blows my mind.

i agree with wiggs.

to the people who say they are cowards, cos they need to look after their family.

imagine a point where YOUR love and sense of responsibility for your family is no longer enough to keep your will to be alive.

are you saying u love your family more than them?- in my experience this isnt the case.

I actually think its ballsy...even when the pain is so bad. It's like that dude who severed his own hand to get out of that rock.

How many of you wouldve just died in there?...lots i bet.

What would you prefer as a person's family?- that they live their life in torment and sadness- for you?

People who have never experienced depression just dont have a clue...they dont, cos they cant. So they feel no empathy.

To get some of an idea, think of the worst you've felt, ever, in your life, and imagine that 24/7.

Imagine how long you can "deal with it like a man"...

1 year, 2, 3, 5, 10?..at what point do you decide that its going to be the way you feel for your whole life?- after holding out for it to "get better"- and "dealing with it like a  man"?...

You must be in a world of pain to commit suicide. Still, to go through with it you've got to have guts.

Some people dont want to put their kids/family through the pain of their loss, so rationalise that they should kill them too- to save them from the sorrow... this makes perfect sense when u love your family so much.

rational?- not to someone who isnt depressed. To someone who is, and is caught between offing themselves and staying the distance- mainly so their family doesnt have to bury them, its rational and logical.

And its not selfish either.

like i said, the ignorance here blows me away.

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2012, 01:42:48 PM »
Do you really believe someone so desperate is thinking about how "ballsy" they will appear?

I was responding to the OP

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »
Oh, sorry.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2012, 02:11:17 PM »
OP, I disagree... Who cares what's on the otherside?  You'll never know till you get there and death in an inevitability anyway.  So in reality, crossing over to the other side has an equal chance of being amazing just as it could be horrid.

People don't just "choose" to end their life.  They give up because they can't deal with life.  Who was the last stress free, happy, well off person that you knew to just go ahead and end their life because they were curious?  I'm going to guess that there is no one you know like this because people who are enjoying life don't usually contemplate much the thought of ending it.

Death is the easy way out.  Life is hard.  Remember, the measure of a person is better determined not by what happens to them in life but by how they react to the things that happen to them.
Well there is the elephant in the room called religion.  Christians believe you go straight to hell if you commit suicide.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2012, 02:25:33 PM »
Well there is the elephant in the room called religion.  Christians believe you go straight to hell if you commit suicide.

I think only Catholics believe this.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2012, 02:28:28 PM »
nah suicide don't = hell, I don't think.

the bible isn't too clear about it, I don't think.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2012, 02:29:50 PM »
nah suicide don't = hell, I don't think.

the bible isn't too clear about it, I don't think.
Where is Tbombz when you need him.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2012, 02:31:28 PM »
People who commit suicide are mental patients....(except for balance suicides, like insurance money for children and stuff)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2012, 02:35:55 PM »
Sev who have you been in your previous lives?
I have always been myself  ;)

It's a personal question and this forum is not for serious matters.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2012, 02:36:00 PM »

No, Christians don't believe that.  Like The Ugly said, I think Catholics believe that (that's what I've been told .... I'm not sure).

People who commit suicide are not in their right minds at the moment imo. 

I was told from someone once that (most) people that commit suicide don't actually want to die ...at least they are not focusing on their death...they just want the pain to stop.
R