Author Topic: ObamaCare stays - SC Rules 6-3  (Read 18201 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: ObamaCare stays - SC Rules 6-3
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2012, 08:09:45 PM »
You think so?

I do. It's still a tax and most people don't want more tax. He just taxed the shit out of the middle class.....the ones he said wouldn't get taxed. And libs still think he's some middle class saviour? Suckers.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »
I do. It's still a tax and most people don't want more tax. He just taxed the shit out of the middle class.....the ones he said wouldn't get taxed. And libs still think he's some middle class saviour? Suckers.

I hope you're right.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2012, 08:14:52 PM »

Obama and his ghetto communist lemmings belong at the bottom of the ocean. 

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2012, 08:22:51 PM »
But, Obama and the Dems claimed that ObamaCare was NOT a tax.

In other words, they LIED their keisters off, to pass something which wouldn't have passed, if they'd told the truth and been "transparent" about this mess.

No one lied about anything.  Chief Justice Roberts found Obamacare to be constitutional via the tax clause.  I did not listen to the oral arguments; however, it was reported that the tax clause issue was not argued (if someone heard different let me know).  Thus, Roberts found his own way to find this constitutional (which is not unheard of by the Supreme Court).  ASSUMING the tax clause argument was included in the brief submitted to the Court, it was certainly not the main argument.   It would have been a "last resort" argument (again, assuming it was argued at all).  Moreover, even IF it was the main argument in the brief...Obama could have signed the bill with the intention that it would have been deemed constitutional via the commerce clause.  As such, no one lied about anything.

All that said, I am not sure if this healthcare plan is the worst plan ever or something that will change America's overall health in a very positive way.  

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2012, 08:30:56 PM »
No one lied about anything.  Chief Justice Roberts found Obamacare to be constitutional via the tax clause.  I did not listen to the oral arguments; however, it was reported that the tax clause issue was not argued (if someone heard different let me know).  Thus, Roberts found his own way to find this constitutional (which is not unheard of by the Supreme Court).  ASSUMING the tax clause argument was included in the brief submitted to the Court, it was certainly not the main argument.   It would have been a "last resort" argument (again, assuming it was argued at all).  Moreover, even IF it was the main argument in the brief...Obama could have signed the bill with the intention that it would have been deemed constitutional via the commerce clause.  As such, no one lied about anything.

All that said, I am not sure if this healthcare plan is the worst plan ever or something that will change America's overall health in a very positive way.  

Obama and his administration said, in plain language to the American people, that ObamaCare was NOT a tax. Yet, under oath, Obama's lawyers said that it WAS a tax and thus it could be levied on the American people.

That is a LIE, pure and simple. And, they know it; otherwise, they would have NEVER passed this garbage.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »
Obama and his administration said, in plain language to the American people, that ObamaCare was NOT a tax. Yet, under oath, Obama's lawyers said that it WAS a tax and thus it could be levied on the American people.

That is a LIE, pure and simple. And, they know it; otherwise, they would have NEVER passed this garbage.

It's not a LIE unless Obama signed this bill with the intent that it would be constitutional under the tax clause.  It was their alternative argument, their main argument was the commerce clause...which is most likely what Obama had in mind when he signed this bill.  The fact that the issue was complex enough to have 9 of the most intelligent legal minds split 5-4, should be enough to tell you that Obama could not have known that this bill would IN FACT be a tax.  Unless you have evidence that Obama saw this healthcare plan being found constitutional under the tax clause, (which NO one saw coming or being a legitimate argument) he cannot be deemed a liar.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2012, 08:49:18 PM »
It's not a LIE unless Obama signed this bill with the intent that it would be constitutional under the tax clause.  It was their alternative argument, their main argument was the commerce clause...which is most likely what Obama had in mind when he signed this bill.  The fact that the issue was complex enough to have 9 legal minds split 5-4 should be enough to tell you that Obama could not have known that this bill would IN FACT be a tax.  Unless you have evidence that Obama saw this healthcare plan being found constitutional under the tax clause, (which NO one saw coming or being a legitimate argument) he cannot be deemed a liar.

IT WAS a lie, because he was asked, point blank, if ObamaCare was a tax. He said it was not, as did his supporters.

And, since Obama also claimed he wouldn't raise taxes on the middle class, he LIED about that, too.

Do you really think that the ObamaCare lawyers made their case about this being a TAX, with Obama having no clue as to what they were doing? PLEASE!!

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2012, 08:54:23 PM »
Do you really think that the ObamaCare lawyers made their case about this being a TAX, with Obama having no clue as to what they were doing? PLEASE!!

No, I am not saying that.  I am saying that after all was said and done, the lawyers needed to use the "kitchen sink approach" and throw all the possible winning theories at the Court.  The tax clause theory was included and was successful.  You are making the assumption that when Obama signed the bill and stated it was not a tax, that he planned on taking this to the Supreme Court and arguing the tax clause theory.  That is VERY doubtful....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2012, 08:58:37 PM »
No, I am not saying that.  I am saying that after all was said and done, the lawyers needed to use the "kitchen sink approach" and throw all the possible winning theories at the Court.  The tax clause theory was included and was successful.  You are making the assumption that when Obama signed the bill and stated it was not a tax, that he planned on taking this to the Supreme Court and arguing the tax clause theory.  That is VERY doubtful....

Ends justify the. Means for one of the worst laws ever passed.  Yeah freedom! 

fuck you moron! V

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »
Ends justify the. Means for one of the worst laws ever passed.  Yeah freedom! 

fuck you moron! V

Your attack is laughable.  I merely stated that Obama didn't lie when he stated the healthcare plan was not a tax.  My opinion regarding its rank, from the best to worst law ever passed, was never shared.  Your reading comprehension is less than adequate.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2012, 09:07:44 PM »
Can we get a raise of hands on how many of you douchers have your own policy and are/would be prepared for a catastrophic physical let down?

If you don't, why should my existing policy be what it is dollar-wise because you welch out on your hospital bill after being treated for your torn this or that?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2012, 11:08:53 PM »

Not doubtful at all. When your signature piece of legislature is on the line, after you've declared that it's not a tax, there is NO WAY you're going to let your legal team go to work, without knowing what strategy they're using.

Now, Obama has to explain why he (and the other Dems) misled the people by doing the very thing he said he wouldn't do: RAISE THEIR TAXES (not to mention he's going to do it AGAIN when the Bush Tax Cuts expire).

ObamaCare got the Dems clobbered in 2010; the sequel is queued up for 2012.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2012, 11:12:59 PM »
Not doubtful at all. When your signature piece of legislature is on the line, after you've declared that it's not a tax, there is NO WAY you're going to let your legal team go to work, without knowing what strategy they're using.

Now, Obama has to explain why he (and the other Dems) misled the people by doing the very thing he said he wouldn't do: RAISE THEIR TAXES (not to mention he's going to do it AGAIN when the Bush Tax Cuts expire).

ObamaCare got the Dems clobbered in 2010; the sequel is queued up for 2012.

So, when Obama signed this piece of legislation and then told the people that it was not a tax...he ALREADY knew it was going to be challenged and headed to the Supreme Court? 

For some reason, you are assuming a legal team put together a defense fit to argue in front of the Supreme Court...prior to the healthcare plan being challenged...

Tigerblood

• Getbig II
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2012, 12:21:34 AM »

still waiting but the main thing is that our asses are going to be taxed for it....although I don't pay for my benefits so it doesn't really matter to me

Why pay taxes when they can just print more money?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2012, 01:31:50 AM »
Obama and his ghetto communist lemmings belong at the bottom of the ocean. 
You're getting dangerously close to being reported to the FBI.

G

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2012, 12:37:35 PM »

lmao...we should for shits and giggles...he wouldn't recover.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »

Yeah...like he's the only one who thinks this way. Most heavily protected "President" in the history of this country.....and for good reason.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »
Yeah...like he's the only one who thinks this way. Most heavily protected "President" in the history of this country.....and for good reason.
The clown lives in China and teaches english. He needs Oslama, when he gets back to the US he'll be first in line for Oslama handouts.
T

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
No you don't get get it.  

Obamacare mandates far more than ER coverage.  

Jesus Christ!  Don't Americans have to buy auto insurance? What's the difference?  Britain and Canada have a national healthcare system and you know what?  It's a good thing, unless you want to pay twenty thousand dollars to fix your broken leg.  Sure we pay for it in higher taxes but it's not the end of the world. How is this plan different from Romney's?  It's fun watching him squirm when reporters bring up the similarities.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2012, 02:25:51 PM »
Jesus Christ!  Don't Americans have to buy auto insurance? What's the difference?  Britain and Canada have a national healthcare system and you know what?  It's a good thing, unless you want to pay twenty thousand dollars to fix your broken leg.  Sure we pay for it in higher taxes but it's not the end of the world. How is this plan different from Romney's?  It's fun watching him squirm when reporters bring up the similarities.

Are you mandated to drive or purchase a car from the Federal Govt? 

YES OR NO? 

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2012, 02:26:50 PM »
Day 2 of Obamacare and I still have not received any free Dianabol!   >:(
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2012, 02:29:44 PM »
Day 2 of Obamacare and I still have not received any free Dianabol!   >:(

Nor will you.   The only thing you are going to get from obamacare is a mandate to buy expensive insurance covering things you will never use. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2012, 05:23:15 PM »
Auto Insurance is as big as bullshit as a Healthcare Mandate.  The Government should not have the power to force an individual into buying a private product.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2012, 05:35:26 PM »
You can use "quotes" all you like, but you can't threaten the POTUS.

I was no Bush fan, but I knew well enough not to threaten.

You want to see some shit come down on you hard, just try it.

G

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2012, 05:56:11 PM »
Auto Insurance is as big as bullshit as a Healthcare Mandate.  The Government should not have the power to force an individual into buying a private product.

Exactly. We are forced, by men with guns, to prove that we have auto insurance. Insanity. Madness.
a