Author Topic: Second Debate between Romney and Obama.  (Read 12083 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Obama already lost! Romney crushing him!
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »
No doubt - but his lies on energy will get equal play.  

BTW CNN says Romney won 58-40 on the economy and Luntz group said romney won big

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/16/luntz_focus_group_of_mostly_former_obama_voters_switch_to_romney.html

I like your strategy of only replying to my posts that you are comfy with but totally ignoring the ones you have no answer for. lol...  gee, I should have thought of that myself....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2012, 09:29:35 PM »
I dont think Romney lost.  I think it was a draw considering ridiculous favortisim for obama 

I'd say obama won by a small margin.   The same people that gave romney and ryan the win, think so too.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2012, 09:31:08 PM »
I like your strategy of only replying to my posts that you are comfy with but totally ignoring the ones you have no answer for. lol...  gee, I should have thought of that myself....

I wa piling on. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2012, 09:35:39 PM »
obama won the debate  ;D  333386 spinning his tires  :D :D :D

Doesn't mean he will win the election, of course.   

But he did spike 2 points on intrade, back up to 63% chance.

http://www.intrade.com/v4/misc/scoreboard/

this election gonna be a close one.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2012, 09:36:49 PM »

What opportunity?  The damn moderator let him drone on overtime and stepped all over Mitt.

No.  Mitt still had a ample opportunity right after OB didn't answer the question and it was mitts turn to talk.  All he had to do was say:  You never directly answered the question Mr. President. and then turn and look art the crowd for undeniable acknowledgement.

totally missed opportunity.  

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2012, 09:37:53 PM »
I'd say obama won by a small margin.   The same people that gave romney and ryan the win, think so too.

But, herein lies the rub. And that's why I said that Obama was given the win, simply for showing up and parroting his talking points with passion.

Thirty-seven percent of 525 uncommitted voters who watched the debate declared Obama the winner in a CBS News poll, compared to 30 percent who said the same of Romney. Thirty-three percent said it was a tie. A CNN poll of 457 registered voters also gave the debate to the president,by a margin of 46 percent to 39 percent.

The CBS News poll had a margin of error of 4 percent, and the CNN poll was 4.5 percent.

Despite Obama’s slight edge overall, Romney was seen as better able to handle most issues. The trend was most notable in the CNN poll: he had an 18-point edge among registered voters on the economy (58 percent Romney, 40 percent Obama), a 3-point edge on health care (49 percent Romney, 46 percent Obama), a 7-point edge on taxes (51 percent Romney, 44 percent Obama), and, largest of all, a 23 percent edge on the deficit (59 percent Romney, 36 percent Obama). Obama’s only lead was on foreign policy, where a slim margin of 2 percent of registered voters who watched the debate said he would handle the issue better (49 percent Obama, 47 percent Romney).

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/obama-ekes-out-a-win-in-post-debate-polls-20121017

Exactly HOW do you poll on FIVE topics, have Romney win on FOUR of them (including and especially the most important topic of this election campaign), yet had Obama win the debate overall?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2012, 09:41:46 PM »
Exactly HOW do you poll on FIVE topics, have Romney win on FOUR of them (including and especially the most important topic of this election campaign), yet had Obama win the debate overall?

it's possible to WIN on topics, and still look like shit doing it.

Ryan had way more valid points than Biden, but he sure didn't claim the "win".   A tie at best, an inability to control the room at worst.

Romney had more valid points tonight, and Obama controlled the room a bit better.   Obama dodged the fck out of the big embassy Q, but did a good job ending with that 47% thing

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2012, 09:43:02 PM »
Was “Undecided” Questioner Catherine Fenton Former Media Coordinator of CodePink Long Island?
The Volokh Conspiracy ^ | 10/16/2012 | Jim Lindgren
Posted on October 17, 2012 12:38:23 AM EDT by TBBT

How good was Gallup’s vetting of the questioners at the 2d Presidential debate held at Hofstra on Long Island?

One explicitly feminist question was asked by undecided voter Catherine Fenton:

And it’s Katherine Fenton, who has a question for you. QUESTION: In what new ways to [do] you intend to rectify the inequalities in the workplace, specifically regarding females making only 72 percent of what their male counterparts earn?

By a strange coincidence, there happens to be a Catherine Fenton who in 2008 identified herself as the Media Coordinator of CodePink Long Island.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2012, 09:48:25 PM »
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Outing the plants in the audience, that's AWESOME!!! 

Code pink voter who is undecided.... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2012, 09:50:42 PM »
it's possible to WIN on topics, and still look like shit doing it.

Ryan had way more valid points than Biden, but he sure didn't claim the "win".   A tie at best, an inability to control the room at worst.

Romney had more valid points tonight, and Obama controlled the room a bit better.   Obama dodged the fck out of the big embassy Q, but did a good job ending with that 47% thing

Obama hardly controlled the room. The left wanted to see him spew the talking points; he did. This was predicted, long before the debate happened. So, while I'm not entirely surprised by this outcome, it is indeed strange for Romney to beat Obama in several categories, SMOKING HIM in the most important one, yet Obama is declared the winner.

If the needle doesn't move for Obama, in terms of the state-by-state and national polls, this "win" will be seen as hollow, to say the least. And, we'll know why.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2012, 09:53:36 PM »
Was “Undecided” Questioner Catherine Fenton Former Media Coordinator of CodePink Long Island?
The Volokh Conspiracy ^ | 10/16/2012 | Jim Lindgren
Posted on October 17, 2012 12:38:23 AM EDT by TBBT

How good was Gallup’s vetting of the questioners at the 2d Presidential debate held at Hofstra on Long Island?

One explicitly feminist question was asked by undecided voter Catherine Fenton:

And it’s Katherine Fenton, who has a question for you. QUESTION: In what new ways to [do] you intend to rectify the inequalities in the workplace, specifically regarding females making only 72 percent of what their male counterparts earn?

By a strange coincidence, there happens to be a Catherine Fenton who in 2008 identified herself as the Media Coordinator of CodePink Long Island.
uh, as if the dream questions for your side didn't get asked lol....  Gun control, Fast and Furious and Benghazi scandal all given a way into the debate.  stop crying lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2012, 10:07:24 PM »
Obama wins 37% to 30% in the CBS poll.

Still, with 30% of the nation "not sure", it's not much of a win.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2012, 10:10:35 PM »
No.  Mitt still had a ample opportunity right after OB didn't answer the question and it was mitts turn to talk.  All he had to do was say:  You never directly answered the question Mr. President. and then turn and look art the crowd for undeniable acknowledgement.

totally missed opportunity.  

You're right. I just reran the DVR.  He was a little too indirect in his first response, but Obama and Candy stepped all over him during the second part of that issue.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2012, 10:13:29 PM »
uh, as if the dream questions for your side didn't get asked lol....  Gun control, Fast and Furious and Benghazi scandal all given a way into the debate.  stop crying lol

Fast and Furious was brought up by Romney, but quickly squashed by the moderator because ~ "that wasn't the question"
:

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2012, 10:13:36 PM »
Obama wins 37% to 30% in the CBS poll.

Still, with 30% of the nation "not sure", it's not much of a win.

But, even in that poll, Romney crushes him on the economy, 65-35.

This backs up what I said earlier, that Obama was given the win simply for showing up and defending the leftie talking points with some zeal.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2012, 10:18:30 PM »
But, even in that poll, Romney crushes him on the economy, 65-35.

This backs up what I said earlier, that Obama was given the win simply for showing up and defending the leftie talking points with some zeal.

If a candidate is very good at the economy, and frickin clueless on other issues...

it's like the illiterate kid that aces the math part of the SAT.  He's still gonna fail the verbal.

Bottom line is that people respect mitt's economic wisdom, but he looked like a frustrated guy tonight, and obama didn't.   If there was 1 hot chick moderating tonight, and they were both presenting their case.... Romney might have had the bigger d*ck, but Obama would have been the one taking her home.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2012, 10:20:02 PM »
If a candidate is very good at the economy, and frickin clueless on other issues...

it's like the illiterate kid that aces the math part of the SAT.  He's still gonna fail the verbal.

Bottom line is that people respect mitt's economic wisdom, but he looked like a frustrated guy tonight, and obama didn't.   If there was 1 hot chick moderating tonight, and they were both presenting their case.... Romney might have had the bigger d*ck, but Obama would have been the one taking her home.

and laughing him right out of bed
:

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2012, 10:23:58 PM »
and laughing him right out of bed

True.  But he just looked more graceful up there - even if he was selling bullshit all night.

I take what obama says as "fancy sounding words to avoid admitting I didn't improve things all that much over the last 4 years".

Tonight he had more gloss than Romney.  Romney had way more gloss in debate #1.  Tonight, obama looked slick and smooth (though he spewed crap) and ROmney looked awkward.  

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2012, 10:24:59 PM »

Your analogy is pitiful. There were 5 sections to this test; Romney beat Obama on FOUR of them (including THE DOMINANT ISSUE of this campaign).

The lefties got their red meat. But, that's not going to get Obama re-elected. Obama won, simply because he didn't SUCK the way he did two weeks ago, pure and simple.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2012, 10:27:54 PM »
Your analogy is pitiful. There were 5 sections to this test; Romney beat Obama on FOUR of them (including THE DOMINANT ISSUE of this campaign).

The lefties got their red meat. But, that's not going to get Obama re-elected. Obama won, simply because he didn't SUCK the way he did two weeks ago, pure and simple.

yep.  bar was set low.  But he won.  you said it. 

Debate #1 gave romney a bounce, but we'll see if it lasts.  If romney had raped obama in front of the nation (again), we could have realized he's a bad MFer, and that obama is weak.   What we learned tonight is that mitt lets obama get back up.   And that obama gets back up.

He was an animal in debate #1, but tonight he was mechanical and awkward.  Very good at podium, but when it comes to thinking on feet (literally) and talking to people, he's not so good at that. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2012, 10:29:14 PM »

Fast and Furious was brought up by Romney, but quickly squashed by the moderator because ~ "that wasn't the question"

I wouldn't call this quickly squashed.  Plus Obama also got shutdown on a few things too...  Getting the following into the debate looked good to me.  I sided here with 3333 on this issue and I still think at least Holder should be behind bars.  Once Romney hit the; "I'd like to know why" point of what he was saying pretty much says he said what he wanted to get out on that.

"The greatest failure we’ve had with regards to -- to gun violence in some respects is what -- what is known as Fast and Furious. Which was a program under this administration, and how it worked exactly I think we don’t know precisely, where thousands of automatic, and AK-47 type weapons were -- were given to people that ultimately gave them to -- to drug lords.

They used those weapons against -- against their own citizens and killed Americans with them. And this was a -- this was a program of the government. For what purpose it was put in place, I can’t imagine. But it’s one of the great tragedies related to violence in our society which has occurred during this administration. Which I think the American people would like to understand fully, it’s been investigated to a degree, but -- but the administration has carried out executive privilege to prevent all of the information from coming out.

I’d like to understand who it was that did this, what the idea was behind it, why it led to the violence, thousands of guns going to Mexican drug lords."

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2012, 10:31:56 PM »
True.  But he just looked more graceful up there - even if he was selling bullshit all night.

I take what obama says as "fancy sounding words to avoid admitting I didn't improve things all that much over the last 4 years".

Tonight he had more gloss than Romney.  Romney had way more gloss in debate #1.  Tonight, obama looked slick and smooth (though he spewed crap) and ROmney looked awkward.  

I didn't think Romney looked awkward, but more composed and respectful of the platform and the process. Obama continued to resort to attacks and diversions.
:

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2012, 10:41:07 PM »
yep.  bar was set low.  But he won.  you said it.  

Debate #1 gave romney a bounce, but we'll see if it lasts.  If romney had raped obama in front of the nation (again), we could have realized he's a bad MFer, and that obama is weak.   What we learned tonight is that mitt lets obama get back up.   And that obama gets back up.

He was an animal in debate #1, but tonight he was mechanical and awkward.  Very good at podium, but when it comes to thinking on feet (literally) and talking to people, he's not so good at that.  

It has lasted for the last two weeks. Romney was hardly akward in this debate. Obama got all amped up; but when Romney discussed Obama's record (the debt/deficit, jobs, unemployment, food stamps, immigration, etc.), the president clammed up quickly; all that bass in his voice was GONE.

If Romney keeps winning the argument on the DOMINANT ISSUE of this election, Obama can be as animated as he wants; he is going to get CREAMED on judgment day (Nov. 6).

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2012, 10:41:21 PM »
Romney confidently smiles while Obama is speaking, Obama shakes his head and blinks a lot while Romney is speaking.  Obama awkwardly stumbled around in this recent debate, walking back and forth behind Romney like a true beta.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2012, 10:46:48 PM »
You're right. I just reran the DVR.  He was a little too indirect in his first response, but Obama and Candy stepped all over him during the second part of that issue.

I agree.  She was awful and OB bullied her.  It's actually disgusting that it comes down to using yur presidency as an edge in a debate.  It's shows desperation IMO.

Unfortunately Mitt missed this and that's not very encouraging either.