Author Topic: ‘White Student Union’ started at Georgia State  (Read 11283 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: ‘White Student Union’ started at Georgia State
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2013, 07:45:17 PM »
ever stop to think that the majority of ppl who subscribe to cable and other movie channels are guess what? WHITE???

they arent excluding blacks or minorities on the basis or race you moron they are giving the CUSTOMERS what they want.

If their main customer base was black they would show more blacks, this isnt exclusionary based on race although I can understand how a simpleton who is looking for racism at every corner would jump to that conclusion.

::) yet another swing and a miss

Retardo.... how exactly does this disprove that white is the default in mainstream society? It doesn't .IT PROVES IT . You will always be you. ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2013, 07:45:38 PM »
And you might argue that minorities in urban centers would be the first to go because of the high population density.    Again, none of this matters because the writers are under no obligation to include minority characters if they don't want to.
Rick was actually saved by a black father and his son in the first few episodes. The mother/wife also makes an apperance for a few episodes as well.

The father comes back to play a role in season 3 for a few episodes. There are multiple blacks and hispanics in the woodbury, michonne the sword carrying bad ass. Obviously albert is just parroting some race baiting bull shit he overheard somewhere anyone who has seen the walking dead can call his bullshit out a mile away

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »
Yes, it is but that wasn't my point.

Well, you responded to me, and that was my point. ;)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2013, 07:47:36 PM »
Blacks are roughly 13% of the population in the USA.  Since you are using television shows as the basis of your argument you might be interested to know that they are actually over-represented there.

This actually isn't ture. It was true during a brief period, near the turn of the century, largely because  the WB network and UPN both existed and they both  attempted to grow their viewership by focusing on a virtually ignored demographic. However, those two networks don't exist in the same way anymore and that statistic is no longer true about network tv.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2013, 07:48:18 PM »
Retardo.... how exactly does this disprove that white is the default in mainstream society? It doesn't .IT PROVES IT . You will always be you. ::)
This is like going to an italian restaraunt and complaining b/c they dont have thai food....something Im beginning to believe you probably do on a regular basis

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2013, 07:49:36 PM »
This actually isn't ture. It was true during a brief period, near the turn of the century, largely because  the WB network and UPN both existed and they both  attempted to grow their viewership by focusing on a virtually ignored demographic. However, those two networks don't exist in the same way anymore and that statistic is no longer true about network tv.

They don't exist because their viewership was low.  Low viewers means no advertising dollars, the life blood of television.  Its all dollars and cents.
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2013, 07:50:13 PM »
This actually isn't ture. It was true during a brief period, near the turn of the century, largely because  the WB network and UPN both existed and they both  attempted to grow their viewership by focusing on a virtually ignored demographic. However, those two networks don't exist in the same way anymore and that statistic is no longer true about network tv.
actually its a little less than 13%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States#Race_and_ethnicity

Americans

100.0 %

White or European American

72.4 %

Black or African American

12.6 %

Asian American

4.8 %

American Indian or Alaska Native

0.9 %

Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander

0.2 %

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2013, 07:52:15 PM »
I firmly believe that most of the average citizens in the USA, while still having small biases and some interspersed ignorance, are completely through with racism for racism's sake.  Most reasonable adults in this country just want to get along with their neighbors, work and raise their families.  It's the Jessie Jacksons, and Al Sharptons of the world that refuse to allow this because it would mean that they would be out of a job.  They need to pretend that we are still living in a world that is institutionally racist even though there is a mountain of evidence that refutes that position.     

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2013, 07:53:05 PM »
This is like going to an italian restaraunt and complaining b/c they dont have thai food....something Im beginning to believe you probably do on a regular basis

No, it isn't. You are an idiot. You cannot keep track of more than one line of thought.

If we live in a society that is white by default, then there is a HUGE difference between a white student union and a black student union

I cannot believe how dumb you are..

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2013, 07:55:03 PM »
No, it isn't. You are an idiot. You cannot keep track of more than one line of thought.

If we live in a society that is white by default, then there is a HUGE difference between a white student union and a black student union

said the race baiting hate monger!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »
so albert you feel that 13% of blacks in tv shows is not enough....the are grossly overrepresnted in the walking dead

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2013, 07:56:56 PM »

No, there isn't.  First of all, white students should have the right to promote their own interests without the fear of social pressure.  Further more, groups that are largely white, are not formed on the basis of being white but around a common interest outside of race.  Most importantly they are not intentionally exclusionary based on race.  Black campus groups are intentionally exclusionary. I couldn't join one if I wanted to.
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2013, 08:01:18 PM »
And you might argue that minorities in urban centers would be the first to go because of the high population density.    Again, none of this matters because the writers are under no obligation to include minority characters if they don't want to.
you know whats funny is that if all the zombies in atlanta had been black albert would have been one of those morons yelling racism...to fuking funny man

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2013, 08:02:40 PM »
oh yea dont forget about the nursing home full of vato's who in atlanta during the first season...

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2013, 08:05:53 PM »

I question if you own a television or have turned it on in the last 20 years.  Television programs are spearheading the social engineering movement.  They go out of their way to show a diverse group of characters even when it paints a less than realistic picture of the world that we live in.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2013, 08:07:07 PM »
So, in other words, mainstream media is white by default  ::)

:D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2013, 08:07:47 PM »
you know whats funny is that if all the zombies in atlanta had been black albert would have been one of those morons yelling racism...to fuking funny man

It seems like its never enough for some people.   I remember when Resident Evil 5 came out and black people were complaining for just that reason. The game was set in an African country and the zombies were black.   Capcom ended up changing the game to add more non-black zombies.  
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2013, 08:09:24 PM »
I question if you own a television or have turned it on in the last 20 years.  Television programs are spearheading the social engineering movement.  They go out of their way to show a diverse group of characters even when it paints a less than realistic picture of the world that we live in.
he thought your 13% number was from the turn of the century!!!!

this retard is fucking clueless

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2013, 08:10:19 PM »
In other words

hahahahahaha!!!!!!  Very considerate of you to break it down for getbig!!

;D ;D

Let the healing begin!!!!!!!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2013, 08:14:08 PM »
Ma cracka!

Takin the word back from hateful raciss like Rachel Jaintaile..............  :D

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2013, 08:14:28 PM »
No, there isn't.  First of all, white students should have the right to promote their own interests without the fear of social pressure.  Further more, groups that are largely white, are not formed on the basis of being white but around a common interest outside of race.  

Yes, there is. Whether or not majority White groups are formed on the basis of race, the fact that they are ultimately  almost exclusively white is the issue.

Most importantly they are not intentionally exclusionary based on race.  Black campus groups are intentionally exclusionary. I couldn't join one if I wanted to.

Yes, you could. I'm assuming you never went to college, or at least college in America, but student unions  often have members of different races. They are not exclusionary. They are inclusionary. This isn't even a matter of semantics.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2013, 08:16:44 PM »
he thought your 13% number was from the turn of the century!!!!

this retard is fucking clueless

Your stupidity knows no bounds. It's very clear from that post, that I was saying the "overrepresentation" of blacks on network tv is no longer true, not that the population of blacks has changed.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »
Yes, there is. Whether or not majority White groups are formed on the basis of race, the fact that they are ultimately  almost exclusively white is the issue.

Yes, you could. I'm assuming you never went to college, or at least college in America, but student unions  often have members of different races. They are not exclusionary. They are inclusionary. This isn't even a matter of semantics.

so by that same logic the nba and nfl are exclusionary against whites?

I mean they pick players on athletic ability but the leagues are predominately black so...::)

what a fuking moron

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2013, 08:17:53 PM »
Your stupidity knows no bounds. It's very clear from that post, that I was saying the "overrepresentation" of blacks on network tv is no longer true, not that the population of blacks has changed.
LOL so you think that blacks make up less than 12.3 percent of the actors on tv?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2013, 08:20:01 PM »
African American people are over represented in every aspect of life, it's not even worth arguing about it's so blatant.

From college, sports, entertainment, etc...

Thanks for derailing my thread by the way.....  >:( >:( >:( >:( ;D