Author Topic: TIME Magazine Glamorizes Life Without Children  (Read 36084 times)

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: TIME Magazine Glamorizes Life Without Children
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2013, 10:32:08 PM »
So having a kid is just like reading the Lord of the Rings Trilogy only more sucky?  ???

I just have this crazy idea that reality is some kind of factory for creating stories.

It's just hard to explain to someone how it feels to hold your kid in your arms after they have fallen and skinned their knee. You want to protect them from all the evil in the world. You want to warn them that a little cut is nothing, that so many horrors await, but you say nothing. Most of all you just love them. It's not a feeling that you can explain in words.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2013, 10:35:32 PM »

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2013, 11:08:25 PM »
Yes i do thanks for seeing that stud. Key work conversations. Just observe people you can tell they were happier before having kids. They don't come out and say it. I'm sure there some upsides to having kids by I stand by my statements. If you don't believe me ask True Adonis, he has no interest in having kids and posts all those witty ecards.

so you had some conversations at work, with some parents of young children that were venting, because kids are WORK....and you asssume.this to mean they wish they never had kids...because you can "tell"...even though they never actually say it.

here's the difference...while you make gigantic assumptions, I have lived 34 years on this planet as a very good looking, muscular charming guy who could fuck any woman he wanted, had money to do whatever I felt like...lived the life.

I also have been  parent for over  decade. So I have LIVED both sides of the coin....And part 2 of my life beats the shit out of part 1. To each their own, nobody is swaying anyone's beliefs anytime soon.

so I propose you go back to doing whatever it is you enjoy, Adonis goes and waters some plants, and I'll enjoy my child......and we can stop taking shots at each other when nobody is right or wrong.......LOL

just remember to thank your parents they didn't feel like you

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2013, 11:20:38 PM »
Yea man just different opinions no big deal here.  Though I could give a fuck less if my parents had me or not, it's not like I would have known anything if I never existed.

Watering plants.  ;D  always thought his hobby was cooking.

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2013, 11:47:40 PM »
Yea man just different opinions no big deal here.  Though I could give a fuck less if my parents had me or not, it's not like I would have known anything if I never existed.

Adonis is  man of many talents.   ;D

Not to beat this to death, but you are alive dude...and I can only assume you're semi-glad to be alive

having a child is giving the gift of life to another, someone that is an extension of you, and at the same time their own person..it's the usual cop-out, but it's true...you can't explain to someone what that feels like.....that bone-deep connection and unconditional love you have. if you are normal...LOL.... I hug my daughter and kiss her on the top of her head so often I don't even realize I'm doing it.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2013, 12:03:37 AM »
My friends who have kids say they would never be without them. Life has changed for the better, they have grown in ways they never imagined they would, there is more meaning in everything, and every sacrifice is worth it.

My friends without kids say they never think about having them, that life is fantastic, that their relationships are solid and happy, career is exactly what they want or better, that they have the money and freedom to really enjoy life in ways that many of the people around them cannot.

So everyone's happy!

I will say that of my child having friends, a lot of them have said at one time or another that they wouldn't do it again if they had the choice. They love their kids and wouldn't be without them, but they wouldn't choose the same path if they could. Maybe it was sleeplessness and stress speaking. One friend described it as "Lots of joy, not a lot of happiness".

ukjeff

« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2013, 12:09:02 AM »
Alot of people say stupid shit like: well my dogs are like my children, or I have pets. Well I'm a dog lover and I have had dogs run away, one got hit by a car and I got over it. If anything ever happened to my children I think I just die from heartache.
Many people get over the loss of a child and get on with their lives, sure they never forget, but time is a healer and you just remember the good times.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2013, 12:16:05 AM »
If you believe that consciousness gives life meaning and that the additive consciousness effect of familial narrative storytelling has a compound effect on how the universe is perceived and granted meaning by the gift of our perception, then yes, family is really the only game in town.

Some believe that Earth may in fact be some kind of hell...And the only way out is to not breed in said hell to keep that flame going...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2013, 12:28:08 AM »
My friends who have kids say they would never be without them. Life has changed for the better, they have grown in ways they never imagined they would, there is more meaning in everything, and every sacrifice is worth it.

Interestingly enough, there are guys on death row who have made similar statements to the one you just made...

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2013, 01:58:51 AM »
Lots of betas in this thread. Half of you guys probably need new keyboards. You cried all over the ones you have.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2013, 02:01:11 AM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2013, 02:04:29 AM »
Lots of betas in this thread. Half of you guys probably need new keyboards. You cried all over the ones you have.

Beta or alpha, I'm happy for their happiness.

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2013, 05:03:10 AM »

Crying on your keyboard, spreadsheet...do you plan on using all of my material ?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2013, 05:09:55 AM »
Cannot come up with the funny = you copy others

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2013, 05:16:05 AM »
Cannot come up with the funny = you copy others

So true....How's the achilles ?

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2013, 05:30:35 AM »

Sounds like you have a really shit life to make a statement like that. 

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2013, 05:32:13 AM »
watch this movie if you don't want kids:

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2013, 05:37:53 AM »
watch this movie if you don't want kids:

I saw this one right after its release, full of funny, sarcastic and awkward moments with his exes :D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2013, 05:40:12 AM »

My friends without kids say they never think about having them, that life is fantastic, that their relationships are solid and happy, career is exactly what they want or better, that they have the money and freedom to really enjoy life in ways that many of the people around them cannot.

So everyone's happy!

I will say that of my child having friends, a lot of them have said at one time or another that they wouldn't do it again if they had the choice. They love their kids and wouldn't be without them, but they wouldn't choose the same path if they could. Maybe it was sleeplessness and stress speaking. One friend described it as "Lots of joy, not a lot of happiness".

Good overall summation. There's are so many factors that will contribute to the overall opinion.  How much time you have,  how much money,  your overall situation with your partner, etc...  Raising children could be a big mistake for some or a true blessing for others but to suggest one or the other is the true answer is a pointless argument to make.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2013, 05:51:00 AM »

Crying on your keyboard, spreadsheet...do you plan on using all of my material ?
sorry sir, I did not know you had words like keyboard and spreadsheet copyrighted.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2013, 06:14:11 AM »
I was happy before I had kids.

I'm happy after having had kids.

When I didn't have kids, I thought I'd never want to have kids and enjoyed my life and my own self-driven pursuits

Now that I have kids, I think how my life would be broken if something happened to them, and I have enjoyed changing my pursuits to ensure the outcome helps my children thrive.

Life is a long journey. One should experience it all. For some of us, that means having kids. For others, not so much.

There is no doubt; one can be very happy in life having never had kids and never wanting them. One can also be happy having kids, and loving them.

Like the old country song goes: if you can't please everyone, well then, you have to please yourself.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #122 on: August 06, 2013, 06:16:40 AM »
I was happy before I had kids.

I'm happy after having had kids.

When I didn't have kids, I thought I'd never want to have kids and enjoyed my life and my own self-driven pursuits

Now that I have kids, I think how my life would be broken if something happened to them, and I have enjoyed changing my pursuits to ensure the outcome helps my children thrive.

Life is a long journey. One should experience it all. For some of us, that means having kids. For others, not so much.

There is no doubt; one can be very happy in life having never had kids and never wanting them. One can also be happy having kids, and loving them.

Like the old country song goes: if you can't please everyone, well then, you have to please yourself.

I almost fell asleep after reading those cliches -_-

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2013, 06:28:53 AM »
would you rather be a rich doctor with a hot wife and a family ..

or a single, damn near broke pro bodybuilder with an amazing physique

hmm tough choice
l

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2013, 07:36:51 AM »
I almost fell asleep after reading those cliches -_-

The dude abides.