Author Topic: GTA V is Epic! One Billion Dollars sold in Three Days!  (Read 37067 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: GTA V is Epic!
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2013, 08:05:30 PM »

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2013, 08:16:20 PM »
okay - I need help getbig...

I need a game that allows the running, flying, interaction, exploring, all the fun of a vice city...

without the profanity, violence, etc.   Just a dude roaming a city or countryside, having fun, etc.   Any suggestions?  Something for 7 to 12 year olds so they don't learn about oral copulation until they turn 14 and enter high school to face molestation from hot french teachers, as I assume is inevitably the case these days.  Thanks!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2013, 08:44:17 PM »
THANK YOU!  Helping tons.  I need it for PS2.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2013, 08:55:09 PM »
Its because they have no attention spans and the satire and parody of everything from Weazel News to the Liberal Radio are lost on them.  GTA IV is a very deep game and its crazy to think GTA V is 100 times deeper.

I loved how it was like playing the real NYC in a video game. Considering I've always lived in NYC, I was all geeked out to be strolling around all these places I am familiar with

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2013, 09:01:54 PM »
I fell in love with Bully haha!  Still too rough language, unforunately. 

And I love dead island, I'm getting that for me lol...

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2013, 09:03:37 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2013, 09:33:38 PM »
240, check this out

http://ps2.wikia.com/wiki/Sandbox/Open_World_games

thank you.   watching gameplay.  

They LOVE vice city and play it fine... i make them fly cheat planes, etc.  The language means I have to turn down the volume, etc.  So I know playing it is no issue, skill-wise.   Just trying to keep it clean.

If GTA 5 was TRULY awesome, they'd have a cheat to take it to G-rated mode, where pedestrians are clowns that give you ice cream cones, and you can't commit any crime :)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2013, 09:38:39 PM »
thank you.   watching gameplay.  

They LOVE vice city and play it fine... i make them fly cheat planes, etc.  The language means I have to turn down the volume, etc.  So I know playing it is no issue, skill-wise.   Just trying to keep it clean.

If GTA 5 was TRULY awesome, they'd have a cheat to take it to G-rated mode, where pedestrians are clowns that give you ice cream cones, and you can't commit any crime :)
Rob has officially jumped the Shark.

Any vestige of the real 240 is lost..... we're now stuck with this festering lump of floridian flesh known as Rob, reeking of shattered dreams and failed hopes, beaten down by reality, and finally, giving up all hope that he may one day make something of himself.....

P.I.P 240 or Bust..... you will be missed.

;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2013, 09:45:05 PM »
Rob has officially jumped the Shark.

Any vestige of the real 240 is lost..... we're now stuck with this festering lump of floridian flesh known as Rob, reeking of shattered dreams and failed hopes, beaten down by reality, and finally, giving up all hope that he may one day make something of himself.....

P.I.P 240 or Bust..... you will be missed.

;D

the more time the neices and nephews are playing PS2, the more time I have to devote to quality postings on getbig.  

PG-13 or Bust  :D

GTA has been on sale for almost an hour now.  how many getbiggers are still in line at walmart?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2013, 05:15:06 AM »
A lil tip for all y'all who wants to pimp out your characters.

All the clothing stores are unlocked after doing Michaels Mission regarding clothing store.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2013, 05:17:22 AM »
Bully, or canis canim edit as it was called in europe is a brilliant game and well worth getting but a bit old now. Havent played my ps3 in over a year so prob wont get gta 5. Gta 3 was the best of them

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2013, 05:26:13 AM »
Civilized life has altogether grown too tame, and, if it is to be stable, it must provide a harmless outlets for the impulses which our remote ancestors satisfied in hunting.
You kind of defined gaming there in one sentence

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2013, 07:40:34 AM »
wow, i should be past the gamers age, but damn, i just read how much and what kind effort was put in to produce this game, this is a game changer ;D

is this available for ps3?

It is

david94

• Getbig III
« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2013, 12:49:29 PM »
okay - I need help getbig...

I need a game that allows the running, flying, interaction, exploring, all the fun of a vice city...

without the profanity, violence, etc.   Just a dude roaming a city or countryside, having fun, etc.   Any suggestions?  Something for 7 to 12 year olds so they don't learn about oral copulation until they turn 14 and enter high school to face molestation from hot french teachers, as I assume is inevitably the case these days.  Thanks!

The Assassin's Creeds are great. Not really violent and funny to explore, but they are on PS3 and Xbox 360:

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2013, 01:05:07 PM »
man, some of that game play in assassins creed is awesome.   I haven't played video games in maybe 5-6 years until this past month, vice city and san andreas a few times.  and that's only cause one can get a PS2 and controllers and a few games for $50 now.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2013, 02:38:51 PM »
man, some of that game play in assassins creed is awesome.   I haven't played video games in maybe 5-6 years until this past month, vice city and san andreas a few times.  and that's only cause one can get a PS2 and controllers and a few games for $50 now.

Hey, I forgot about Red Dead Redemption!  I can't remember anything too inappropriate for kids in it, but I could be wrong.

Huge map to explore, you ride horses around and do all kinds of little side missions. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2013, 03:17:26 PM »
please someone sell me on this game

im not getting the draw

this is basically a roll through action game where you have a ton of easy to kill bad guys that are redundant as fuck that enevitably leads to the "hard to kill" boss after each level?

im still not convinced
A

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2013, 03:22:36 PM »

im not getting the draw

this is basically a roll through action game where you have a ton of easy to kill bad guys that are redundant as fuck that enevitably leads to the "hard to kill" boss after each level?

im still not convinced

There are several ways to complete a Heist for example, the stealthy way or the Johnny Falcon-way with Guns blazing.

Pick your crew, do the deed.

Will be very interesting to see how GTA Online will be implemented in October.

That True Adonis-mission will be a tough nut to crack

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2013, 04:25:57 PM »

im not getting the draw

im still not convinced
Its a complete commentary and satire of the American Way of Life.  Its not a button masher Johnny.  You like mindless button mashers so you oughta stay away from this game.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2013, 07:49:23 PM »

im not getting the draw

im still not convinced

unfortunately, this is probably going to be pretty much the case

still there are no doubt many fine things about the game, otherwise

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2013, 02:50:53 AM »
The Voice-Actors

Trevor, Franklin, Michael

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2013, 03:15:12 AM »
Three teenagers have been arrested after a man was stabbed and robbed hours after he bought the newly-released Grand Theft Auto V.

The 23-year-old gamer had just been to buy GTA V following its midnight release at an Asda store in Colindale, north-west London.

He was then allegedly struck with a brick, stabbed and robbed of his game, mobile phone and watch.

Three males including two boys aged 15 and 16, as well an 18-year-old man, are currently in police custody.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/18/three-teenagers-arrested-following-attack-on-gta-v-gamer-hours-after-buying-new-release-4045470/

paradoxno1

• Getbig II
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2013, 03:18:01 AM »
If potential suicide bombers had just have rented out an empty shop last night and advertised "GTA V on sale here at midnight", they could have all had their 72 virgins early.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2013, 03:20:45 AM »

the trainer

Most successful video game ever - 1 Billion in 3 days
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2013, 12:24:08 PM »
Grand theft auto has made 1 billion dollars at retail in 3 days that is fucking crazy everybody must be playing this game, i am picking up my copy tomorrow.