Author Topic: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.  (Read 120676 times)

MikMaq

Re: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2014, 06:10:27 AM »
This.

Never understood why so many argued either way.

Both views can be compatible.
Big duh.

people wanna just break everything done to partisan bullshit.

Especially in america.

It's such a strange obsession.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2014, 06:53:39 AM »

There has been no pause, nasa and every credible scientist in the world, every single meterological society and organization, the UN. Satellite data, ocean data, tree data, ice core data etc. pauses are part of most models also, there should be slowing at particular times, for example when the polar vortex oscillated south due to ice melt, that alters air temp quite drastically. The globe is warming, it's not up for debate, like gravity isn't up for debate, the evidence is literally overwhelming.

You should say amen after you recite that.

A couple quotes from the Scientific American website.

"It's true that Willis and nearly every other climate scientist dismiss the idea that global warming has paused. Yet the fact remains that average surface temperatures worldwide have not increased since around the turn of the century".

"Even if they don't think global warming has paused, scientists are still interested in learning why the rate of surface warming over the last 10 to 15 years has been much slower than in the decades before, even as levels of greenhouse gases continue to increase".

There is more to the article of course and people can choose to believe what they want to believe but there are obviously still a lot of unanswered questions.  To act like the issue of global warming is a closed case is absolutely not true.  I'm also interested where to find this list of every credible scientist.  What makes certain scientists credible and others not credible?  Is it simply that they have a dissenting opinion on global warming or do they all have some history of mental illness that only you know about?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2014, 07:34:35 AM »
You should say amen after you recite that.

A couple quotes from the Scientific American website.

"It's true that Willis and nearly every other climate scientist dismiss the idea that global warming has paused. Yet the fact remains that average surface temperatures worldwide have not increased since around the turn of the century".

"Even if they don't think global warming has paused, scientists are still interested in learning why the rate of surface warming over the last 10 to 15 years has been much slower than in the decades before, even as levels of greenhouse gases continue to increase".

There is more to the article of course and people can choose to believe what they want to believe but there are obviously still a lot of unanswered questions.  To act like the issue of global warming is a closed case is absolutely not true.  I'm also interested where to find this list of every credible scientist.  What makes certain scientists credible and others not credible?  Is it simply that they have a dissenting opinion on global warming or do they all have some history of mental illness that only you know about?

Yes I have been through this about a million times on this board, are surface temperatures the only measurement? what about the oceans? deep oceans? what about the fact that the information you posted is incorrect? why are the oceans acidifying? why are they increasing at 3.17mm per year in height? why because water expands when warmed.

You are misinformed, if you actually really want to know i have no problem posting the shit but I have no troll energy left today.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2014, 07:42:26 AM »
Yes I have been through this about a million times on this board, are surface temperatures the only measurement? what about the oceans? deep oceans? what about the fact that the information you posted is incorrect? why are the oceans acidifying? why are they increasing at 3.17mm per year in height? why because water expands when warmed.

You are misinformed, if you actually really want to know i have no problem posting the shit but I have no troll energy left today.

Are we talking about real, measured data or data taken from computer models?

Don't bother answering. There is no reason for us to go back and forth about a tired issue.  Time will eventual show us all who was right and who was wrong.  In the meantime I'm just going to sit in my palatial, air-conditioned, mansion and wait for the oceans to dry up and the planet to burst into flames.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2014, 06:00:06 AM »
Are we talking about real, measured data or data taken from computer models?

Don't bother answering. There is no reason for us to go back and forth about a tired issue.  Time will eventual show us all who was right and who was wrong.  In the meantime I'm just going to sit in my palatial, air-conditioned, mansion and wait for the oceans to dry up and the planet to burst into flames.

yep yep

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2014, 09:40:13 AM »
yep yep

But this is the crux of the issues is it not? you guys won't believe actual data, nor the organizations which deal in this stuff, you think it's political etc. however, waiting will only make the problem more severe, we have all witnessed in history the stifling of facts for gain, the outcome is always terrible.

Doing nothing, despite the overwhelming evidence is only going to effect your grand kids etc

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2014, 09:46:37 AM »
If the Pope beleives it real then it must be fake.  Fact is he still beleives in an invisible man who lives in the clouds and a fiery man who lives in the center of the earth.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2014, 06:42:14 AM »
But this is the crux of the issues is it not? you guys won't believe actual data, nor the organizations which deal in this stuff, you think it's political etc. however, waiting will only make the problem more severe, we have all witnessed in history the stifling of facts for gain, the outcome is always terrible.

Doing nothing, despite the overwhelming evidence is only going to effect your grand kids etc

What data do I not believe?

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2014, 06:44:48 AM »

That Allah is the one true god, Islam is the one true religion, and Muhammad is the one true prophet.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2014, 08:15:02 AM »
That Allah is the one true god, Islam is the one true religion, and Muhammad is the one true prophet.

You are correct....I do not believe this.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2014, 08:33:38 AM »

You don't beleive that that globe is heating up.

why are the oceans rising 3.17mm per year? explain that?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2014, 11:46:07 AM »
America is one of the most immoral countries in the world spreading their disgusting lifestyle to the rest of the planet that is what pisses off the muslims, humans want to give into temptation and live the dirty lifestyle of alcohol, sex with strangers etc like sodom and gomorrah and they want the church to go along with it claiming morals are outdated so they can feel better about their disgusting selves.

The United States is already in decline and now the worlds second largest economy.

When Russia, China, India and the rest of the developing world dump the dollar they will be in trouble.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2014, 11:52:48 AM »
You don't beleive that that globe is heating up.

why are the oceans rising 3.17mm per year? explain that?

Well, I don't really have a firm position on global warming.  I've heard both sides and based on that I believe it's warming up slowly.

Melting of the polar ice caps is my understanding.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2014, 12:15:36 PM »
Screw all that. I pray to a shrine of the great Johnny Falcon. A fearless man who has literally tackled impossible mental challenges and physical endeavors.
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2014, 04:18:21 PM »
Well, I don't really have a firm position on global warming.  I've heard both sides and based on that I believe it's warming up slowly.

Melting of the polar ice caps is my understanding.

Same here. Is there a scientific consensus yet on human contribution to said data? If so, and, hypothetically, everyone finally agreed the problem needed immediate addressing, what exactly would the climatologists or whomever have us do about it?

Ban cars and factories? What is the main contributor to warming according to scientists? Fossil fuels, no?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2014, 04:34:46 PM »
Same here. Is there a scientific consensus yet on human contribution to said data? If so, and, hypothetically, everyone finally agreed the problem needed immediate addressing, what exactly would the climatologists or whomever have us do about it?

Ban cars and factories? What is the main contributor to warming according to scientists? Fossil fuels, no?

Best solution- Have more abortions, more pulling out, more condom usage, more birth control.  Anything that can lead to less humans writ large.  I would suggest a tax incentives or even outright payments to anyone who chooses not to have children. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2014, 04:37:40 PM »
Best solution- Have more abortions, more pulling out, more condom usage, more birth control.  Anything that can lead to less humans writ large.  I would suggest a tax incentives or even outright payments to anyone who chooses not to have children. 
Adam, I have been to some AA meetings recently. They seem to rely heavily on faith in god. The AA book we read from might as well be a bible of sorts.

What is your take on this subject?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2014, 04:42:56 PM »
Adam, I have been to some AA meetings recently. They seem to rely heavily on faith in god. The AA book we read from might as well be a bible of sorts.

What is your take on this subject?
Useless shit.  Just another method to crowbar faith into a place where it has no belonging.  Alcoholism has nothing to do with religion. 

Do like Charlie Sheen.  Quit because you have the power to do so yourself.  Own yourself.  What do you need these meetings for?  You either want to quit drinking and do so or you don`t.  Your choice.  I don`t see how this program would help anyone other than making you feel more shitty about yourself and everything that you did that got you there.  Then they beat you over the head with the bible to create more guilt.  Absolutely pathetic.

Find your balls and quit because you want to.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2014, 04:52:35 PM »
Useless shit.  Just another method to crowbar faith into a place where it has no belonging.  Alcoholism has nothing to do with religion. 

Do like Charlie Sheen.  Quit because you have the power to do so yourself.  Own yourself.  What do you need these meetings for?  You either want to quit drinking and do so or you don`t.  Your choice.  I don`t see how this program would help anyone other than making you feel more shitty about yourself and everything that you did that got you there.  Then they beat you over the head with the bible to create more guilt.  Absolutely pathetic.

Find your balls and quit because you want to.
I agree, but it was not my choice to go to these meetings.

But...........I will say that they have helped me open my eyes. I was probably the youngest guy there (25+ people)

Unbelievably, many of the guys that go to these meetings have been sober for years.

They keep coming anyway.

The topic for today's meeting was: "Have you replaced fear with faith?"  I said that I had faith in myself, and faith that my family and friends care about me.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2014, 05:06:13 PM »

But...........I will say that they have helped me open my eyes. I was probably the youngest guy there (25+ people)

Unbelievably, many of the guys that go to these meetings have been sober for years.

They keep coming anyway.

The topic for today's meeting was: "Have you replaced fear with faith?"  I said that I had faith in myself, and faith that my family and friends care about me.

You should have said:

"The definition of faith is belief in the absence of evidence.  No. I do not have any faith because basing anything on faith is useless and pointless because there is no Science or Evidence to back it up.  I do know however that I can quit drinking without faith because it was not faith that led me to drink initially.  Plus we have evidence of millions who have stopped drinking so it is possible.  Furthermore, alcoholism can be studied biologically.   My question to you is, why do you insist on on bringing faith into any of this?  Its a ridiculous notion founded on nonsense."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2014, 05:08:14 PM »

They keep coming anyway.

'Fear is healthy- panic will kill you.'- Rob O'Neil, Highly Decorated Navy SEAL who killed Bin Laden

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2014, 05:09:21 PM »

They keep coming anyway.

Were you court ordered or something?  If so, you could probably go before the court and argue that you can no longer attend as they brought religion into it and cite separation of church in state in government proceedings.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2014, 05:14:52 PM »
You should have said:

"The definition of faith is belief in the absence of evidence.  No. I do not have any faith because basing anything on faith is useless and pointless because there is no Science or Evidence to back it up.  I do know however that I can quit drinking without faith because it was not faith that led me to drink initially.  Plus we have evidence of millions who have stopped drinking so it is possible.  Furthermore, alcoholism can be studied biologically.   My question to you is, why do you insist on on bringing faith into any of this?  Its a ridiculous notion founded on nonsense."

We all have our beliefs on things Adam.  I am all for whatever helps these guys cope/ get through the day.

God is not my path to sobriety, but I respect a person's right to travel down that road.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2014, 05:17:06 PM »
We all have our beliefs on things Adam.  I am all for whatever helps these guys cope/ get through the day.

God is not my path to sobriety, but I respect a person's right to travel down that road.

I am not because its all predicated on lies and guilt.  That is no way to govern behavior, especially under such false pretenses.  I think it hurts the situation actually more than helps.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2014, 05:18:29 PM »
Were you court ordered or something?  If so, you could probably go before the court and argue that you can no longer attend as they brought religion into it and cite separation of church in state in government proceedings.
The court had nothing to do with it. I was not in trouble with the law.

I was given an ultimatum.