Author Topic: Possible to live/function well/train on low carb lifestyle?  (Read 6040 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Possible to live/function well/train on low carb lifestyle?
« on: November 25, 2014, 05:03:28 PM »
Anyone live life on less than 50g of carbs per day?
Im on a quest to stay lean yr round instead of the 6-8 weeks of low calorie dieting every time i want to go to the beach or look good. Need something more maintainable.

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: Possible to live/function well/train on low carb lifestyle?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 05:05:27 PM »
Not me, it sucks big time.
But do you really need to go that low???
I think people have been totally brainwashed into thinking you can't get lean while consuming carbs. The way to suffer the least (I find) is to have them before, during and after. Rest of the day, protein and fats. Easy...

You can easily finish the day 0 carb when you have 3 carb meals in you already.
?

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 05:07:26 PM »
There is no way I could do it. When I go Keto I loss brain function pretty bad. Your body isn't build to run off fats as a energy sorce. I heard that after a month or so your body kinda of adapts but that's a miserable life for no reason. Just stay around 10% eat what you what you want from time to time and enjoy life. If you want to get lower just diet down for how ever long. At 50g a day you would waste to nothing unless your about 160lbs

Carb cycling is your best friend. If you don't want to be miserable and lean

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 05:10:55 PM »
There is no way I could do it. When I go Keto I loss brain function pretty bad. Your body isn't build to run off fats as a energy sorce. I heard that after a month or so your body kinda of adapts but that's a miserable life for no reason. Just stay around 10% eat what you what you want from time to time and enjoy life. If you want to get lower just diet down for how ever long. At 50g a day you would waste to nothing unless your about 160lbs

I dont know bro, ive experimented for short peroids of time and didnt lose weight. Thats why i want to try and ride it out for months and see how i look. Friday night and saturday eat alot of carbs so i can be normal and social. Rest of the week, less than 50g.

Day 2 and im pretty foggy thats for sure.

Ive always dieted down with carbs, i just go low calorie (1600 to 1900 cals).
I hate "dieting down" and am super jelly of guys who have abs year round. I am an endomorph i think

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 05:14:19 PM »
I dont know bro, ive experimented for short peroids of time and didnt lose weight. Thats why i want to try and ride it out for months and see how i look. Friday night and saturday eat alot of carbs so i can be normal and social. Rest of the week, less than 50g.

Day 2 and im pretty foggy thats for sure.

Well everyone's Insulin sensitivities are going to be different. If you did say 200g 120g 50 50 with cardio that's a great way of staying lean and keeping you metabolism from going stagnate. You can play with the numbers as your body chances. Clen and t3 will help and a androgen is kinda a must   Even somthing light like mast. If your trying to stay lean keep with short esters they seem to keep me a drier by a good amount

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 05:22:22 PM »
Well everyone's Insulin sensitivities are going to be different. If you did say 200g 120g 50 50 with cardio that's a great way of staying lean and keeping you metabolism from going stagnate. You can play with the numbers as your body chances. Clen and t3 will help and a androgen is kinda a must   Even somthing light like mast. If your trying to stay lean keep with short esters they seem to keep me a drier by a good amount

Thanks, yeah im on TRT, and arimidex. T3/clen maybe once and a while but id rather figure out how to stay lean without those long term

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 05:23:46 PM »
Ultra-low? No.

But I can function perfectly fine around 70-80g/day. So for you guys, that'd probably be about double. It can be a lifestyle at this level. <50g is diet mode.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 05:24:55 PM »
Ultra-low? No.

But I can function perfectly fine around 70-80g/day. So for you guys, that'd probably be about double. It can be a lifestyle at this level. <50g is diet mode.

What about 50g during the week, eating normal friday night and saturday?

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 05:33:25 PM »
What about 50g during the week, eating normal friday night and saturday?

Well, since I'm smaller, 50g for me is different from 50g for you. Generally, after 2-3 days of <50g carbs, I start getting headaches and get a lot weaker at the gym. I do mind being weaker, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as the persistent headaches. So if I eat normal Friday night and Saturday, do low carb Sunday...by Tuesday I'll have a strong headache 24/7 until a day of eating 75g+ carbs.

Honestly, I just like eating lightly most of the time and letting my social calendar dictate when I "cheat."

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 05:37:31 PM »
For me keto is fine for a short period of time like a month but way too restrictive to do long term. I would rather do the galeniko diet which is almost keto but you can have a cheat every now and then and just fast for 24+ hrs after.

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 05:40:39 PM »
All this no carb or even no fat shit is extremely unhealthy in my mind, especially longterm

If you want to get leaner but dont compete or do other fitness industry stuff ( muscle worship, getting fucked in the ass etc. ) then just decrease overall calories and keep your protein intake high

Do weight training every second day and 20 - 30 min of cardio in the evening on your rest days, thats all you need you fat fucks, no clean diet, no fancy programm.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 05:44:11 PM »
All this no carb or even no fat shit is extremely unhealthy in my mind, especially longterm

If you want to get leaner but dont compete or do other fitness industry stuff ( muscle worship, getting fucked in the ass etc. ) then just decrease overall calories and keep your protein intake high

Do weight training every second day and 20 - 30 min of cardio in the evening on your rest days, thats all you need you fat fucks, no clean diet, no fancy programm.

I agree, and typically this is what i did. Low cals. How low are u talking about though?
Low for me is 1600-1900 and gets me in decent shape but its not sustainable and i end up ruining my metabolism. Im trying to get away from the low calorie approach and eat more around maintenence but low carb and see what happens

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 05:45:12 PM »
I do bette with some carbs- att least 100 grams. I have been taking them in early  the day and then later moslty protein/fats. At over 50, I don't tolerate a lot of carbs, I blow up on them now/. It's largely individual.

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 05:52:43 PM »
I agree, and typically this is what i did. Low cals. How low are u talking about though?
Low for me is 1600-1900 and gets me in decent shape but its not sustainable and i end up ruining my metabolism. Im trying to get away from the low calorie approach and eat more around maintenence but low carb and see what happens

2.200 - 2.400 for me, this is without anabolics, but naturally fast metabolism

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 06:03:26 PM »
2.200 - 2.400 for me, this is without anabolics, but naturally fast metabolism

that's not fast at all, lol! No offense... But that is suffering mode, lo!
?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 09:21:51 PM »
current strategy:

1.  try to stay less than 2k cals a day
2.  try to get ~150 g protein
3.  eat satisfying food

main problem with no carbs is how many foods you can no longer eat (conflict with point 3)... i don't think it's worthwhile.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 10:01:28 PM »
current strategy:

1.  try to stay less than 2k cals a day
2.  try to get ~150 g protein
3.  eat satisfying food

main problem with no carbs is how many foods you can no longer eat (conflict with point 3)... i don't think it's worthwhile.

fitness chicks eat more than you. Why do you make yourself suffer like this?
?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 10:08:03 PM »
I faint if I go under 500 grms.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 10:12:50 PM »

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 02:00:36 AM »
i only went zero for short periods of time,3 months or so just to peak.if i did it longer id go nuts,i was tired as hell everyday also on zero carbs. i was using the keto stickicks also and ended up in the color that showed my body was burning nothing but fat.they r a good thing to buy at the pharmacy when doing zero carbs,u dip the sticks in your urine first thing in the morning and the colors will tell u where u r at as far as how much fat u r burning compared to carbs
R

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 08:12:07 AM »
i only went zero for short periods of time,3 months or so just to peak.if i did it longer id go nuts,i was tired as hell everyday also on zero carbs. i was using the keto stickicks also and ended up in the color that showed my body was burning nothing but fat.they r a good thing to buy at the pharmacy when doing zero carbs,u dip the sticks in your urine first thing in the morning and the colors will tell u where u r at as far as how much fat u r burning compared to carbs

Just any drug store has em?

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 08:18:25 AM »
It's possible to live but training is where I can't get the full energy and pump experience on low carb. Very low that is.

I don't need to go crazy. Actually I burn more if I eat steadily and moderately while upping excercise being the real kicker.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 09:16:12 AM »
I have a client who did a tranformation. After we finished, I had him eat every two weeks all possible combinations and proportions of nutrients. When I left him to his own devices he always came back to no carbs and a cheat day every 7th day.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 09:35:22 AM »
Just any drug store has em?

I have gotten them from Walgreens. Have to ask the pharmacist behind the counter for them.

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 09:41:50 AM »
I have a client who did a tranformation. After we finished, I had him eat every two weeks all possible combinations and proportions of nutrients. When I left him to his own devices he always came back to no carbs and a cheat day every 7th day.