Author Topic: Old School Supplements, what was the first one you tried?  (Read 20334 times)

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
Old School Supplements, what was the first one you tried?
« on: November 28, 2014, 03:20:23 AM »
First supp I took was the weider anabolic mega paks, horrible things, tablets were gigantic.

Does anybody remember Moomiyo or Mumie, the so called Russian Black gold. very dodgy supplements I remember being sold around the same time in the magazines as the megapaks. Amazingly managed to find that it is still being sold in the US. Promoted with the usual Soviet BS.
Moomiyo is a strong Adaptogenic herbal, mineral and organic acid complex from Russia with strong natural anabolic healing properties. It has been used by the Russian military, Olympic athletes, cosmonauts and sports establishment for over four decades for increasing strength, lean muscle mass and for its recuperative powers on mental and physical stresse

http://prosportnutrition.net/moomiyo-overview-and-benefits.aspx

Anyone remember Ultimate Orange?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: Old School Supplements, what was the first one you tried?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 03:23:07 AM »
Milk

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 03:25:01 AM »

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 03:25:15 AM »
ultimate orange was the stuff,i loved it.felt like u did speed after u drank it,i remember back in the early 80,s GLANDULARS where the big thing that i took

Raw Orchic (testicular) Tissue (Argentinian bovine) – 150 mg’s
Raw Prostate Tissue (Argentinian bovine) – 150 mg’s
Raw Heart Tissue (U.S. Bovine) – 50 mg’s
Raw Kidney Tissue (Argentinian bovine) – 50 mg’s
Raw Liver Tissue (U.S. bovine) – 50 mg
R

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 03:27:56 AM »
whore-pussy

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 04:01:46 AM »
ultimate orange was the stuff,i loved it.felt like u did speed after u drank it,i remember back in the early 80,s GLANDULARS where the big thing that i took

Raw Orchic (testicular) Tissue (Argentinian bovine) – 150 mg’s
Raw Prostate Tissue (Argentinian bovine) – 150 mg’s
Raw Heart Tissue (U.S. Bovine) – 50 mg’s
Raw Kidney Tissue (Argentinian bovine) – 50 mg’s
Raw Liver Tissue (U.S. bovine) – 50 mg

Glandulars! yes forgot about those things. Prostate tissue yum!

Dessicated liver tablets was another one

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 04:08:45 AM »
Glandulars! yes forgot about those things. Prostate tissue yum!

Dessicated liver tablets was another one

yea man i used to eat the dessicated liver tabs all thru the day back in the 80's thinking i was gonna get huge by doing that :D,they tasted ruanchy though
R

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 04:18:57 AM »
yea man i used to eat the dessicated liver tabs all thru the day back in the 80's thinking i was gonna get huge by doing that :D,they tasted ruanchy though

Lol that along with beef protein powder which seems to have now made a comeback as of late.

Also Vanadyl Sulfate, probably the first attempt at an NO type product.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 04:22:35 AM »
Lol that along with beef protein powder which seems to have now made a comeback as of late.

Also Vanadyl Sulfate, probably the first attempt at an NO type product.

yea man i remember when vanadyl hit the scene big,92-93? everyone was talking about it like it was the next big thing,then creatine hit the scene and vanadyl was pushed aside
R

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 04:25:23 AM »
yea man i remember when vanadyl hit the scene big,92-93? everyone was talking about it like it was the next big thing,then creatine hit the scene and vanadyl was pushed aside

When I was first taking creatine, I used to hide it in my gymbag so my flatmates didn't find it, and when one of them discovered it I was like "I just need a bit of a boost then i'll go back to being natural again" hahahaha

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 04:32:27 AM »
When I was first taking creatine, I used to hide it in my gymbag so my flatmates didn't find it, and when one of them discovered it I was like "I just need a bit of a boost then i'll go back to being natural again" hahahaha

my first time i took creatine i noticed almost dbol like gains and some nice strength increases,i was shocked as hell. then after the first time i never had them type of gains again no matter how much i took or what kind i took
R

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 04:33:24 AM »
Dessicated liver tabs,i chewed them then threw up.Ultimate orange was the best thing ever on the market,all the ravers used to buy tubs from our gym and sell them as wraps of speed.Remember smilax offiianalis,you were supposed to hold the liquid under the tongue and the label had a warning that said "this may cause in increase in penis size" haha.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2014, 04:47:44 AM »
Dessicated liver tabs,i chewed them then threw up.Ultimate orange was the best thing ever on the market,all the ravers used to buy tubs from our gym and sell them as wraps of speed.Remember smilax offiianalis,you were supposed to hold the liquid under the tongue and the label had a warning that said "this may cause in increase in penis size" haha.

HOLY SHIT MAN I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT ABOUT SMILAX :D i was buying that stuff also,i was hoping for great gains but they just never came,to top it off my cock never even grew a quarter of an inch off it either ;D
R

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2014, 04:55:19 AM »
It came out in 1985 and cost £50 for a small bottle,which was about half my wages at the time.We had Frank Richards do a seminar at our gym just after the NOC comeback he did and i asked him about it,he just laughed and said you would need about a gallon a day.He said i`ll show you after the seminar what to drink (we had a bar downstairs that served food and drink),and after he had finished with the seminar we sat downstairs till 2 am drinking guinness while he told us stories of when he trained with Arnie and Franco..

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2014, 04:56:45 AM »
When I was 19 I took tribulus capsules, and about 8 on the first go. That lunch hour I was walking around the supermarket staring everyone down thinking I had the roid rage hahahahahaa

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 05:04:59 AM »
Phosphagen hp had something more than creatine
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 05:10:04 AM »
First time I tried creatine I bought the Metrx micronized creatine which was good stuff; but after my first dose I went up to the mountains to recreate and had terrible stomach discomfort. Shat my brains out when I got home.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 05:13:51 AM »
met-rx had some genius marketing. mustve made a fortune

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 05:18:24 AM »
Gainers Fuel.

Was probably 70% sugar.   Having the internet back then would have helped!
Y

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2014, 05:22:59 AM »
When I was 19 I took tribulus capsules, and about 8 on the first go. That lunch hour I was walking around the supermarket staring everyone down thinking I had the roid rage hahahahahaa

lol,we all been thru that crazy stuff man. i remember when i first took dbol and heard the horror stories about liver problems and all,i got a gas pain in my right side and ran upstairs to my mom and said(THIS IS IT IM GONNA DIE SOON AND I WANT YOUS TO KNOW I LOVE U)  ;D she brought me to a medi care and the doc said u have a bad case of GAS,LOL. i felt embarrassed as hell, luckily i told my parents that i was just taking a bodybuilding supplement i bought at a bodybuilding store and she didnt know about my dbol,i was only 17.actually just turned 18 come think of it
R

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 05:24:04 AM »

To this day smilax has no reputable science to suggest it was ever of any benefit to bodybuilders. Back then there was just no scientific evidence for anything, at least today some supps have some science behind them.

whitewidow

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2014, 05:30:09 AM »
I didn;t touch supplements till about 2002-2003 they had full blown steroids on the market like M1T,superdrol,1-TU, 1-Test cypionate so I lucked out. I was already up on the whole juicing thing and knew juice wasn't very dangerous but their are some products I do believe in and bought.

Vitargo-waxy maize starch
Fish oil
Hydrolyzed whey protein
Milk thistle
Liv-52
VPX redline
DHEA
DAA

that's it. I sold supplements for years and sold alot of shit! but these are the products I did use and believe in.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 05:30:41 AM »
Remember being 15 and buying phosphagen and paying 30 odd quid for it after bullshit bill Philipps promised it would pump me up like I was on dianabol, all I got was no gains and bad guts

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 05:33:26 AM »
To this day smilax has no reputable science to suggest it was ever of any benefit to bodybuilders. Back then there was just no scientific evidence for anything, at least today some supps have some science behind them.

exactly man we coulda been swallowing baby powder in capsules back then and wouldnt of even known it :o
R

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 05:37:19 AM »
I didn;t touch supplements till about 2002-2003 they had full blown steroids on the market like M1T,superdrol,1-TU, 1-Test cypionate so I lucked out. I was already up on the whole juicing thing and knew juice wasn't very dangerous but their are some products I do believe in and bought.

Vitargo-waxy maize starch
Fish oil
Hydrolyzed whey protein
Milk thistle
Liv-52
VPX redline
DHEA
DAA

that's it. I sold supplements for years and sold alot of shit! but these are the products I did use and believe in.

Liv-52 that was the go-to supplement for liver protection