Author Topic: Any Metal Guitarists in here?  (Read 6536 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Any Metal Guitarists in here?
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2015, 04:41:07 AM »
Thanks bro for writing this. I am glad you said the JS line from jackson because thats exactly what I got. V shaped JS32T. Sounded soooo much better at GC than the 200 dollar ibanez ones. I do notice the V shape makes it semi difficult to play while sitting but its super fun. Your post was like spot on to everything the sales rep at GC told me about the bridges, active pick ups, etc

flying v idiot of peace

you have to play them standing up

you should get a comfortable sitting down guitar for learning
T

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2015, 04:43:26 AM »

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2015, 05:10:00 AM »
T

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2015, 06:51:17 AM »
flying v idiot of peace

interesting theory, theory generating man of peace

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2015, 07:16:32 AM »
wiggs shredding like a beast there

Epic Israelite Metal Justice riffing.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2015, 09:30:59 AM »
Epic Israelite Metal Justice riffing.

brutal mayan end of the world metal
T

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »
flying v idiot of peace

They're perfect for for playing while sitting down. I play mostly Vs.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2015, 04:05:04 PM »
Can anyone tell me on Misfits; Halloween...is it all downstrokes or up/down? Figuring out the strumming is hard and never shown on tabs usually

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2015, 04:50:13 PM »
brutal mayan end of the world metal

2012 BeatsPerMinute and rising  :D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2015, 05:17:38 PM »
I started playing guitar in 7th grade.  By 9th grade i was playing with little garage bands.  I only moved to bass at age 18 because I wanted to gig.  Everyone played guitar, nobody played bass. So I could pick and choose bands and gig nonstop, even though I usually pwned the lead guitarist of the band I was in, on guitar.  

These days, it's corporate gigs at wedding, ritz on bass/vocals, and solo/duo work at nicer clubs on acoustic guitar.   I flirt with electric lead guitar again, but late nights, ugh.  

I'd recommend guitarists learn bass too.  Opens up plenty of work and you can always push out the existing guitarist from a band when you feel like it ;)

Ah so that's where your political craftiness comes into play 8)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2015, 05:44:11 PM »
Ah so that's where your political craftiness comes into play 8)

lol oh i'm such a dick.  i've joined bands, with my sole plan being to wait til this entitled d-bag screws up, and having a trained bassist ready, and me scooting into guitarist's role. 

many guitarists really are pricks.   "Nobody can do what I do, so I can be late, play out drama, etc".

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2015, 06:20:18 PM »
lol oh i'm such a dick.  i've joined bands, with my sole plan being to wait til this entitled d-bag screws up, and having a trained bassist ready, and me scooting into guitarist's role.  

many guitarists really are pricks.   "Nobody can do what I do, so I can be late, play out drama, etc".

And that's when the "quiet new guy" bassist who he never paid much attention to and whose name he never gave the respect of learning steps in, sticks a dagger through his heart and takes away his job.

Checkmate.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2015, 06:37:13 PM »
And that's when the "quiet new guy" bassist who he never paid much attention to and whose name he never gave the respect of learning steps in, sticks a dagger through his heart and takes away his job.

Checkmate.

dude, when the guitarist doesn't know how to play a major scale... and you're a bassist, playing a nice D Bm G A progression with nice major note runs... and this fat-faced obama voting weakling is playing everything in minor blues pentatonic... I get angry.

I'm a total prick to work with, if the player is a hack.  Pros, they love me, and I love them.  The problem isn't the hacks, it's me agreeing to play with them.  Luckily I'm in a spot now where it's corporate stuff with high end players, fill-ins when I don't give a shit how the band sounds cause I'm just covering a spot, duos where I control all the music with a hot chick singer, or solos where I ask the crowd to log in to getbig.com during the breaks.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2015, 06:40:39 PM »
I saw a Youtube clip of Terry Kath playing on 25 or 5 to 4.  I don't think there is a metal guitarist who can better that. Even
Hendrix said Kath was better than him. High praise.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2015, 05:10:18 AM »
I saw a Youtube clip of Terry Kath playing on 25 or 5 to 4.  I don't think there is a metal guitarist who can better that. Even
Hendrix said Kath was better than him. High praise.
Hendrix, said Kath was his favorite guitarist. Loved Kath.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2015, 06:16:46 AM »
dude, when the guitarist doesn't know how to play a major scale... and you're a bassist, playing a nice D Bm G A progression with nice major note runs... and this fat-faced obama voting weakling is playing everything in minor blues pentatonic... I get angry.

I'm a total prick to work with, if the player is a hack.  Pros, they love me, and I love them.  The problem isn't the hacks, it's me agreeing to play with them.  Luckily I'm in a spot now where it's corporate stuff with high end players, fill-ins when I don't give a shit how the band sounds cause I'm just covering a spot, duos where I control all the music with a hot chick singer, or solos where I ask the crowd to log in to getbig.com during the breaks.

Do you ever quickly check your phone for getbig threads on stage while the singer is up there bullshitting with the audience in between songs??

Probably with the pros it would be tough to get away with but the hacks in some lower rent night club I'm sure you could pull it off.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2015, 09:07:16 AM »
Do you ever quickly check your phone for getbig threads on stage while the singer is up there bullshitting with the audience in between songs??

Probably with the pros it would be tough to get away with but the hacks in some lower rent night club I'm sure you could pull it off.  :)

These days, everyone has an ipad clipped to their mic stand, so they can use OnSong to read lyrics.  So I can sneak a peak with the hotspot web surfing.   especially on songs I dont play on.

There's a whole generation of kids that can't play a show without their ipads.  I had one singer almost cancel a show because he forgot his charger and didn't know the words to Sweet HOme Alabama or Folsom Prison.   I ended up singing most of that show. 

back in the day, i'd have a cheat sheet with the first line of each verse, and cheat from that.  Or write out the song lyrics over and over until it was in memory.  Today, everyone just blasts out the OnSong set list for the night and voila, it's 4 faces glued to little glow screens, 18 inches below their mic.  takes a lot away from the live show.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2015, 09:10:13 AM »
Dude is pretty jacked

X

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2015, 10:48:03 AM »
Dude is pretty jacked

That sounded awful though

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2015, 11:55:06 AM »
These days, everyone has an ipad clipped to their mic stand, so they can use OnSong to read lyrics.  So I can sneak a peak with the hotspot web surfing.   especially on songs I dont play on.

There's a whole generation of kids that can't play a show without their ipads.  I had one singer almost cancel a show because he forgot his charger and didn't know the words to Sweet HOme Alabama or Folsom Prison.   I ended up singing most of that show.  

back in the day, i'd have a cheat sheet with the first line of each verse, and cheat from that.  Or write out the song lyrics over and over until it was in memory.  Today, everyone just blasts out the OnSong set list for the night and voila, it's 4 faces glued to little glow screens, 18 inches below their mic.  takes a lot away from the live show.

What does your trained ear tell you about the guy SF1900 posted?

Is he pretty much a poser or is there some legit talent there?

Dude is pretty jacked

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2015, 12:22:37 PM »
Big dude has some very impressive arms.

As far as his playing, it's simple midrange rhythm guitar playing.  Nothing outstanding, pretty much what anyone could do with 2 years of casual jamming with his favorite record.  He did have to focus hard and look at hands for a lot of 3-fret moves, something that a ten-year player woudln't need to do. 

I'd rate him a solid enough rhythm guitar for heavy heavy stuff.  Not going to get much work playing publicly for cash, but if the only goal is fun jamming in garage with buddies for fun.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2015, 12:31:50 PM »
Big dude has some very impressive arms.

As far as his playing, it's simple midrange rhythm guitar playing.  Nothing outstanding, pretty much what anyone could do with 2 years of casual jamming with his favorite record.  He did have to focus hard and look at hands for a lot of 3-fret moves, something that a ten-year player woudln't need to do.  

I'd rate him a solid enough rhythm guitar for heavy heavy stuff.  Not going to get much work playing publicly for cash, but if the only goal is fun jamming in garage with buddies for fun.

Most of the original bands in the clubs here play death metal or something extremely heavy. Huge metal scene here. Not as much money as playing top-40, but not as much of a snore-fest either. My buddie's Maiden Tribute band is actually beginning to score some A-circuit clubs tho, so maybe there's hope after all.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2021, 11:40:23 PM »
Are there any guitarists here that can provide the answer as to exactly what chord Joe Biden is fingering?

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2021, 02:22:11 AM »
Are there any guitarists here that can provide the answer as to exactly what chord Joe Biden is fingering?

Let's just say it isn't the first time he's fingered a minor.

Iron-Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2021, 03:03:33 AM »
Let's just say it isn't the first time he's fingered a minor.

omg, hysterical

his favorite song:

hey joe where you going with your dick in your hand
im going down to molest little children, sniff some kids at the play-ground

hey joe, didnt you molest your daughter you old perv??
yes i did i got her, i got her in shower when my wifes not around