Author Topic: Freaking Unions  (Read 12205 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Freaking Unions
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2015, 06:31:44 PM »
It's because of Unions all the ports on the West coast are down...are you freaking kidding me (Che)? You shut the country down because of your whiny asses? Blow me.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 06:32:00 PM »
Yeah lets get rid of all unions because 1  guy failed a drug test  ::), STFU you fucking  government leech , I'm Union you wouldn't even last a day working next to me  you lazy fuck.

LMFAO

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 06:33:03 PM »
Fuck you. You forgot to mention that all union workers are not full time and have to feed their families as well. God for bid they go get another non-union shop for work while you assholes bitch about what you don't have and get labeled a "scab" and when they return they're jobs are gone. Tell me more.

why don't you take a walk over to the docks and use your intelligence and amazing powers of persuasion to explain your insightful and nuanced political opinions to these lazy bastards.

I'm sure they would appreciate it and while you're there maybe you can sell them on a couple of tire flipping lessons

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2015, 06:33:21 PM »
I just read that ones unions contract states that if a employee fails a drugs test he will not be terminated but will have to submit to 2 years of random drug test and he fails another he will be terminate. It all depends on what is written in the contact

Exactly. You stated it was impossible to get fired from a union job. Right there delineates specific steps that if not are adhered to, will lead to a termination. Random drug tests could mean every day or every other day. So, if a guy made a mistake, but he is currently passing all drug tests and is doing a good job, and staying sober, why fire him?  ??? ::) In fact, this is actually good. The job is ensuring for 2 years he stays clean to prove he has cleaned up his act.
X

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2015, 06:33:32 PM »
Fuck you. You forgot to mention that all union workers are not full time and have to feed their families as well. God for bid they go get another non-union shop for work while you assholes bitch about what you don't have and get labeled a "scab" and when they return they're jobs are gone. Tell me more.

You can be a real moron sometimes. Seriously.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2015, 06:34:00 PM »
You shut the country down because of your whiny asses?
Yes , suck my cock   Coach

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2015, 06:34:31 PM »
Yeah lets get rid of all unions because 1  guy failed a drug test  ::), STFU you fucking  government leech , I'm Union you wouldn't even last a day working next to me  you lazy fuck.

you got me.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2015, 06:35:08 PM »
Sometimes ?  ;D

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2015, 06:36:44 PM »
Exactly. You stated it was impossible to get fired from a union job. Right there delineates specific steps that if not are adhered to, will lead to a termination. Random drug tests could mean every day or every other day. So, if a guy made a mistake, but he is currently passing all drug tests and is doing a good job, and staying sober, why fire him?  ??? ::) In fact, this is actually good. The job is ensuring for 2 years he stays clean to prove he has cleaned up his act.

here is what I found.. Unions do have barging power when it comes to drug testing as long has it matches federal law. but state law depends on if you can terminate immediately or not

Depending on the state where you work, your employer may or may not be able to fire you for failing a drug test. Some states, such as Iowa, require companies to offer a treatment program to a worker who fails a drug test for the first time. You can only be fired if you don't complete the treatment program or test positive again. Other states, such as Connecticut, permit an employer to discipline or fire an employee for testing positive on a drug test.

But thing again im a lazy pos. when some one like CHE has all this rights that's unions give him. but I didn't ever get many of those right in the military, there was no overtime. no promised breaks, working for months straight, collective bargaining rights, the right to strike, paid holiday leave. man che has it ruff a real bad ass with those 40 hour work weeks.... but i'm lazy and wouldn't last one day in his job...  ::)

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2015, 06:37:50 PM »
So what do these exploited dock workers want?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2015, 06:39:35 PM »
why don't you take a walk over to the docks and use your intelligence and amazing powers of persuasion to explain your insightful and nuanced political opinions to these lazy bastards.

I'm sure they would appreciate it and while you're there maybe you can sell them on a coupe of tire flipping lessons

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2015, 06:39:53 PM »
here is what I found.. Unions do have barging power when it comes to drug testing as long has it matches federal law. but state law depends on if you can terminate immediately or not

Depending on the state where you work, your employer may or may not be able to fire you for failing a drug test. Some states, such as Iowa, require companies to offer a treatment program to a worker who fails a drug test for the first time. You can only be fired if you don't complete the treatment program or test positive again. Other states, such as Connecticut, permit an employer to discipline or fire an employee for testing positive on a drug test.

Basically, this sums it up: You were wrong when you originally thought that union workers had total immunity from ever being fired (that is what you indirectly implied, in my opinion). That is clearly not the case. Is it harder to get fired from a union job? Yes, but the idea that no one ever gets fired from unions is laughable. If a worker is continuously failing drug tests and drug treatment programs, no union is going to save his ass. You were wrong. Suck it up and move on.

As stated, I was a union worker for 5 years, my father for 38 years, and I have many family members in different unions. People get fired all the time from unions.
X

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2015, 06:41:30 PM »
Basically, this sums it up: You were wrong when you originally thought that union workers had total immunity from ever being fired (that is what you indirectly implied, in my opinion). That is clearly not the case. Is it harder to get fired from a union job? Yes, but the idea that no one ever gets fired from unions is laughable. If a worker is continuously failing drug tests and drug treatment programs, no union is going to save his ass. You were wrong. Suck it up and move on.

You too are wrong. I am part of a Union and you wouldn't believe the shit-stains they back and how many chances these fools get.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2015, 06:45:13 PM »
You too are wrong. I am part of a Union and you wouldn't believe the shit-stains they back and how many chances these fools get.

No, I am not wrong. His original supposition was that union workers never get fired. That is clearly wrong. Union workers get fired all the time. It doesn't mean all union members get fired for doing bad shit, but union members do get fired. I have seen it happen. Of course it may differ depending on the unions, but no one is 100% immuned from being fired.

X

Johnnyringo

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2015, 06:46:24 PM »
Lmao... because non union employees are never lazy waste of space do-nothings... they're everywhere

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2015, 06:51:27 PM »
No, I am not wrong. His original supposition was that union workers never get fired. That is clearly wrong. Union workers get fired all the time. It doesn't mean all union members get fired for doing bad shit, but union members do get fired. I have seen it happen. Of course it may differ depending on the unions, but no one is 100% immuned from being fired.

I never said they couldn't get fired I said there pretty much untouchable if the union protects them. im sure some unions are more willing to let people go then others. I just know its difficult to fire someone.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2015, 06:54:05 PM »
I never said they couldn't get fired I said there pretty much untouchable if the union protects them. im sure some unions are more willing to let people go then others. I just know its difficult to fire someone.

Pretty much untouchable is another way of saying they can basically never get fired, which is false.

:D :D :D

X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2015, 07:05:05 PM »

Sorry, I was union commercial roofer and shop steward for 18 years then a union contractor (shop) for 9. I know the how the process works. I know whats fair and what isn't. All unions aren't bad but when comes to labor unions, they've helped destroy this country as well. You can't hold an economy hostage and expect others to not be able to feed their families.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2015, 07:32:18 PM »
Sorry, I was union commercial roofer and shop steward for 18 years then a union contractor (shop) for 9. I know the how the process works. I know whats fair and what isn't. All unions aren't bad but when comes to labor unions, they've helped destroy this country as well. You can't hold an economy hostage and expect others to not be able to feed their families.

so you actively participated in the destruction of this country for 27 years ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2015, 07:42:02 PM »
the problem isn't unions, and the problem isn't management.

the problem is greedy unions and cruel mgmt. 

in the middle, it's right for everyone.  on the extremes, some bosses will work people to death for pennies, and some unions will grab $ and have workers doing nothing.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2015, 07:46:17 PM »
the problem isn't unions, and the problem isn't management.

the problem is greedy unions and cruel mgmt. 

in the middle, it's right for everyone.  on the extremes, some bosses will work people to death for pennies, and some unions will grab $ and have workers doing nothing.

I always end up agreeing with various points from both sides when these Union discussions pop up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2015, 07:52:32 PM »
I always end up agreeing with various points from both sides when these Union discussions pop up.

yeah, without them, it's be horrible for workers.  we see that list above - they really have helped things.  and of course, those union dues have been abused to shit, we know that too.

I worked at a few wally during college - they were VERY anti-union.   items all over the break room walls.  most grocery stores I worked at, they mocked the idea of unions.  "They only limit your wages!"
at publix, they had managers cheering an anti-union song... all while they had my ass working thru breaks and never getting raises according to what they said I would, making us work long, changing shifts, all sorts of shit.

if I was a grocery store lifer, you bet your ass i'd join a union... i've seen too many people work for ten years without much raises or movements.  There was this one older guy Larry, he was union, worked at one of the stores with me probably 21 years back... he was SMART... union, deli guy, took all his breaks, nobody fcked with him, he just did his job and never worked too hard... didn't walk on eggshells.  his hours and raises and movement were guaranteed.  smart move for him.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2015, 07:54:34 PM »
Was your old union based in Missouri?
Looks like your old pals ... ;)

no it was back when his name was jose martinez the roofer and they changed it to Joe Marino the Personal Trainer form Huntington beach

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2015, 07:57:11 PM »
Coach turned his back on the Hispanic community.

Thanks Obama

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2015, 09:15:11 PM »
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.

36 reasons why you should thank a union, you fucking  hypocrite pieces of shit .

1.Weekends without work

2.All breaks at work, including your lunch breaks

3.Paid vacation

4.Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

5.Sick leave

6.Social Security

7.Minimum wage

8.Civil Rights Act/Title VII - prohibits employer discrimination

9. 8-hour work day

10.Overtime pay

11.Child labor laws

12.Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)

13.40-hour work week

14.Workers' compensation (workers' comp)

15.Unemployment insurance

16.Pensions

17.Workplace safety standards and regulations

18.Employer health care insurance

19.Collective bargaining rights for employees

20.Wrongful termination laws

21.Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)

22.Whistleblower protection laws

23.Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) - prohibits employers from using a lie detector test on an employee

24.Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)

25.Compensation increases and evaluations (i.e. raises)

26.Sexual harassment laws

27.Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)

28.Holiday pay

29.Employer dental, life, and vision insurance

30.Privacy rights

31.Pregnancy and parental leave

32.Military leave

33.The right to strike

34.Public education for children

35.Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 - requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work

36.Laws ending sweatshops in the United States

About 20 of those are what sent all the factories to China, haha. That and Bubba and NAFTA...