Author Topic: Freaking Unions  (Read 12206 times)

woolenbus

• Getbig II
Re: Freaking Unions
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2015, 09:33:33 PM »
Im a union member and the reason the ships are sitting out there is because the employer isnt letting us work. Then they tell the media that were choosing not too. We go to work and they fire us after 2 hours. Are wages account for 1% of there profit. Without unions wed all being working as slaves

skillz

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2015, 09:53:26 PM »
My union is great. You can go on stress leave for six months if you say your boss is picking on you. I've seen it happen twice. Both were shiet bags.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 01:29:46 AM »
so you actively participated in the destruction of this country for 27 years ?

Lmao!! Like I said, he can be a real moron.

He chose a union job and became a union stewerd because he knew the alternative sux balls. He embraced the union like a kid hangs on to its moms leg and for good reason. Why not choose to work non union where you would get worked into the ground for nothing and then sit at home with fuck all when your body breaks in two, Coach?

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2015, 02:09:31 AM »
The greed of the poor man is morally superior to the greed of the rich man.  It's obvious.

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2015, 02:16:03 AM »
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.

36 reasons why you should thank a union, you fucking  hypocrite pieces of shit .

1.Weekends without work

2.All breaks at work, including your lunch breaks

3.Paid vacation

4.Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

5.Sick leave

6.Social Security

7.Minimum wage

8.Civil Rights Act/Title VII - prohibits employer discrimination

9. 8-hour work day

10.Overtime pay

11.Child labor laws

12.Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)

13.40-hour work week

14.Workers' compensation (workers' comp)

15.Unemployment insurance

16.Pensions

17.Workplace safety standards and regulations

18.Employer health care insurance

19.Collective bargaining rights for employees

20.Wrongful termination laws

21.Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA)

22.Whistleblower protection laws

23.Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) - prohibits employers from using a lie detector test on an employee

24.Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)

25.Compensation increases and evaluations (i.e. raises)

26.Sexual harassment laws

27.Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)

28.Holiday pay

29.Employer dental, life, and vision insurance

30.Privacy rights

31.Pregnancy and parental leave

32.Military leave

33.The right to strike

34.Public education for children

35.Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 - requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work

36.Laws ending sweatshops in the United States

[/thread]

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2015, 08:51:56 PM »
Sorry, I was union commercial roofer and shop steward for 18 years then a union contractor (shop) for 9. I know the how the process works. I know whats fair and what isn't. All unions aren't bad but when comes to labor unions, they've helped destroy this country as well. You can't hold an economy hostage and expect others to not be able to feed their families.

click this link and report back on your findings

http://www.iq-test.cc/
"

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2015, 09:20:30 PM »
If all employers treated their employees fairly, there would be no need for unions. Unfortunately, some employers still believe slavery is justified and legal. Before you trash labor unions, learn something about the labor movement in the U.S. over the last 100 years or so....you know back when it was legal for minors to work 12 hour days in deplorable conditions for pennies.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2015, 09:25:25 PM »
The greed of the poor man is morally superior to the greed of the rich man.  It's obvious.

It is obvious dumbfuck.  There is nothing greedy about wanting to work reasonable hours and be able to enjoy your family and life.  Wanting to drive a decent, reliable car, take a vacation or 2 a year, send your kids to college and not work until you die is not greedy.  It's the American Dream.  Shipping jobs overseas so you can make a billion dollars a year instead of 500 million is greedy.  HTH.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2015, 10:01:14 PM »
so you actively participated in the destruction of this country for 27 years ?

No dummy. My industry didn't participate in shutting down commerce to the country. Also. If we striked we (or at least most) wouldn't stop another worker from feeding his family by going to a non-union shop and when the strike was over they (at least I guaranteed their jobs back). Jesus Christ you're a dolt.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2015, 10:03:41 PM »

About 20 of those are what sent all the factories to China, haha. That and Bubba and NAFTA...

So the fact that the Chinese are over worked/mandatory ot, working for pocket change in unsafe conditions,  often living in company owned housing means Americans are missing out?

Like most topics in life unions are a double edged sword.  It's not as simple as good vs evil. People want to say unions destroy industries but most can't name one (this is where someone says the auto industry, yet despite numerous union concessions and pay decreases the car companies still completely mismanaged their funds, needed bailouts and cars prices continued to increase).

Unions were extremely important to establish standards for work and life. Look at the Walton family (Walmart) they're among the richest people alive and their company has record profits, but look at their track record for employee wages (I know it's Walmart, get a real job, yada yada, but there is a huge segment of society that's not fit to become medical doctors).

Unions serve a purpose. As soon as China becomes unionized and production costs go up and it's more expensive to ship items over these companies will move back or find another underdeveloped country.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2015, 10:09:37 PM »
The UFC is in need of a Union to help protect the talent from the likes of the scumbag Dana White and his mob owners...The WWE is long over due for a Union. How many Wrestlers have died because of the animals who run that organization?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2015, 10:37:14 PM »
The UFC is in need of a Union to help protect the talent from the likes of the scumbag Dana White and his mob owners...The WWE is long over due for a Union. How many Wrestlers have died because of the animals who run that organization?

X2

Sports unions really show how things work on a large scale. During the last contract negotiations NBA owners were crying poverty and the players union was bleeding the game dry; profits were low and expenses were high. The players made pay concessions and teams started selling for record numbers. The Clippers went for $2 billion without an arena or practice facility.

(Let's not forgot these mega rich owners get public funds to build stadiums/arenas so communities will have the privilege to spend their money to support the franchise) And some think a general laborer would have a chance to earn a decent amount because the corporation is benevolent.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2015, 11:05:29 PM »
Great in theory.  In practice just another trumped up authority who thinks they get to tell me what I can't do and where I can't do it.  I'm more of a do-as-I-choose and who-the-fuck-are-you guy, so no.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2015, 06:34:24 AM »
No dummy. My industry didn't participate in shutting down commerce to the country. Also. If we striked we (or at least most) wouldn't stop another worker from feeding his family by going to a non-union shop and when the strike was over they (at least I guaranteed their jobs back). Jesus Christ you're a dolt.

you are a hypocrite and have a lame excuse for hating unions while enjoying the benefits of being in one earlier on your life.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2015, 06:40:21 AM »
Great in theory.  In practice just another trumped up authority who thinks they get to tell me what I can't do and where I can't do it.  I'm more of a do-as-I-choose and who-the-fuck-are-you guy, so no.

I gotta admit, as a UFC fan I love the fact that Dana White runs that organization with a iron fist.

He's able to set up good match ups without any bullshit getting in the way.

Not sure how that would hold up if the fighters had more control.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2015, 07:09:24 AM »
Unions were so important in this country and now for the most part are a political money collecting machine for evil. They blindly support Democrats while they shake down their members for dues that they live high on the hog on.

Some of the Unions in New Jersey appear to be Mafia run. One construction Union hall had a guy drive up to a big construction site in a brand new Cadillac. Work stopped and all the workers lined up and peeled off hundreds to a wise guy in a suit. They have to kick back in order to get picked out of the Union hall to work.

The teachers unions are so well funded in the NJ/NY area that they seem to have commercials on network tv every week. That's some money to waste. Aside from backing Democrats with Union money they always scream education is being under funded hurting kids. That's code for we need a higher paying contract.   

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2015, 08:45:57 AM »
you are a hypocrite and have a lame excuse for hating unions while enjoying the benefits of being in one earlier on your life.

No...I saw the light and saw how labor unions (teamsters, etc) work. The roofing industry is never a 40hr 52 week job yet they still took out the same amount in union fees and yes, benefits. You have a second or third stage apprentice that grosses 600.00 (as an example) but takes home $300 and some change. Even a journeymen when less than 30-40hrs can't take home enough to feed his family. Most resort to doing weekend side work to make ends meet.  

But when I see 30 + freighters out of my window lined up from the port of long beach past my house in HB. Thats bullshit, be it from the workers or the employers.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2015, 08:55:10 AM »

Is it?  They sure don't offer workers the right to refuse membership.

Exactly. Even AA doesn't force your sorry ass to join.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2015, 09:26:49 AM »
Never saw a construction union rep who looked like he'd manage a day's work or even a flight of stairs.  280 pounds of tapioca poured into a skin sack.  Always the site lift, these guys.  Ya they're gonna do right by me because they've been in my shoes.  ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2015, 10:42:35 AM »
Exactly. Even AA doesn't force your sorry ass to join.

Plenty of non union work out there, I don't even understand what the point is you're making with that comment.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2015, 11:03:48 AM »
This Union Talk makes me wanna watch Season 2 of the Wire again

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2015, 11:06:58 AM »
Plenty of non union work out there, I don't even understand what the point is you're making with that comment.

The guys who remodeled my kitchen were non-union workers. The guys who fixed my plumbing and painted my apartment were nonunion. There are probably more non-union companies than there are unions.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2015, 11:11:56 AM »
You'll rarely see union shops/workers doing work in the private sector. Labor is just too expensive.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2015, 11:14:24 AM »
This Union Talk makes me wanna watch Season 2 of the Wire again

I keep hearing what a great show this is, but never watched it. Maybe I should.
X

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2015, 11:23:01 AM »
No...I saw the light and saw how labor unions (teamsters, etc) work. The roofing industry is never a 40hr 52 week job yet they still took out the same amount in union fees and yes, benefits. You have a second or third stage apprentice that grosses 600.00 (as an example) but takes home $300 and some change. Even a journeymen when less than 30-40hrs can't take home enough to feed his family. Most resort to doing weekend side work to make ends meet.  

But when I see 30 + freighters out of my window lined up from the port of long beach past my house in HB. Thats bullshit, be it from the workers or the employers.

Are you trying to say the difference between your gross and net is union dues??  Cause that sure as hell sounds like the way your trying to spin it.  Go back to flipping tires. You've lost all creditability