Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 789736 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #3525 on: November 15, 2020, 07:04:27 PM »
Mr Anabolic gets a mention LOL!

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3526 on: November 15, 2020, 08:40:38 PM »
Waiting for Mr A to misquote you as saying BTC will hit 1million by 2021... LOL

lol

I have enough data now that on the weekend i believe i see the 'big bang' of the planned solution for the 'new look' monetary system.  This makes me considerably more comfortable with crypto.

It probably needs it's own thread.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
Re: Bitcoins about to hit $5000 per coin today.
« Reply #3527 on: November 15, 2020, 09:30:51 PM »
Don't you have to store gold somewhere?

Where do you keep it? In an ETF? A bank vault? Do they really have your gold?

At home? What happens if you get robbed? Do you bury it in your back yard lol?

Bitcoin doesn't have this flaw.

How do you move gold around, especially across borders?

Gold plated tungsten? 1 oz coin or is it a 0.95 oz coin?

Have you ever bought anything with gold directly? Bitcoin is used all the time to buy stuff.

etc...

How does gold beat bitcoin in every way?

Bitcoin needs electricity to be mined or “created “

It also needs a lcd display or similar for you to “ see” it

Gold doesn’t have this flaw

Gold is heavy it’s physical

Many real things made of gold

Like the computers that make bitcoins become “real” have gold parts in them

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3528 on: November 16, 2020, 02:17:31 AM »
Bitcoin needs electricity to be mined or “created “

It also needs a lcd display or similar for you to “ see” it

Gold doesn’t have this flaw

Gold is heavy it’s physical

Many real things made of gold

Like the computers that make bitcoins become “real” have gold parts in them

Both gold and BTC require energy to be mined. That energy and effort that went into the mining are reflected in their values.

Lol that BTC needs an "LCD monitor" for you to see it. The reality is that both exist, regardless of any monitor, and both can (and do) exist regardless of whether any monitor is there or not. However, to the extent that most money and stocks are electronic records these days, to a rather simpleminded person - yes you need a monitor to "see" these too. :)

The fact that gold is heavy and physical is arguably a flaw that BTC does not have. Try storing 1m in gold. Try taking a few gold bars through customs to another country and see how that works out for you. Try removing a fraction of a gold bar in order to pay someone something. Try walking around the city with 30K cash in gold coins, vs BTC on your iphone. BTC has the advantage here hands down.

Thank you for telling us that many real things are made out of gold. If I ever need a filling for a cavity I might get a gold tooth. :)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3529 on: November 16, 2020, 02:24:58 AM »
I'm all for bitcoin. It isn't going anywhere. I just don't like the use of the word crypto in the way it was used.in the above example
Just wait until they unveil Fedcoin.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3530 on: November 16, 2020, 02:36:53 AM »
Just wait until they unveil Fedcoin.

Yes, for sure that will be huge step in legitimizing bitcoin, as older-minded people will suddenly realize that you don't need money to be in physical form for it to be real.

Further, it will boost the entire infrastructure around electronic transactions.

But most significantly, all the controls and monitoring that come with the FedCoin (and the loss of anonymity that came with paper money) will be a huge driver for BTC both among individuals and n0n-US citizens (or indeed anyone who wants to be outside of the control of the US).

Lastly, a Fed coin will of course not be limited in supply, and will be devalued by continued printing. It is this fault of Government printed money, that lead to the value proposition of BTC's status as an immutable and undilutable store of wealth.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3531 on: November 16, 2020, 02:39:37 AM »
Yes, for sure that will be huge step in legitimizing bitcoin, as older-minded people will suddenly realize that you don't need money to be in physical form for it to be real.

Further, it will boost the entire infrastructure around electronic transactions.

But most significantly, all the controls and monitoring that come with the FedCoin (and the loss of anonymity that came with paper money) will be a huge driver for BTC both among individuals and n0n-US citizens (or indeed anyone who wants to be outside of the control of the US).

Lastly, a Fed coin will of course not be limited in supply, and will be devalued by continued printing. It is this fault, that lead to the value proposition of BTC's status as an immutable and undilutable store of wealth.
Fedcoin would probably end Bitcoin quickly.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3532 on: November 16, 2020, 02:53:15 AM »
Huh? What makes you think that?

You do realize that 99%+ of all US currency is already electronic, right?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3533 on: November 16, 2020, 03:22:41 AM »

Fedcoin would replace the dollar.  If it actually is rolled out it would end the dollar and probably all other digital currencies.  This is the way the United States will end it's debt.  Other countries will do it as well.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3534 on: November 16, 2020, 03:39:10 AM »
Grayscale Buys $240m in Bitcoin In Largest Capital Raise Week Ever

Grayscale, which runs the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC), bought this week another 15,114 Bitcoin ($241 million). GBTC holds 481,711 Bitcoin, representing 62% of all Bitcoins in the ownership of publicly-traded companies.

Grayscale, a digital assets management company, this week bought another 15,114 Bitcoin ($241 million), bringing the total number of Bitcoin the company owns to 506,000, or $8.1 billion. The company now manages a total of $10 billion worth of cryptocurrency.

Grayscale is among the biggest purchasers of Bitcoin. Its total investments comprise 2.29% of Bitcoin’s entire market cap.

Michael Sonnehnshein, Managing Director of Grayscale, declared this week the largest capital raise week “EVER,” after the firm raised $262 million. He said that on Thursday the company “raked in over $115 million in Bitcoin alone.”

The company runs various trusts, pools of private investors’ money that Grayscale uses to buy up cryptocurrencies. Shares in the trust trade publicly; their prices roughly track the price of the cryptocurrencies. Its Bitcoin trust is the largest.

https://decrypt.co/48277/grayscale-buys-240m-in-bitcoin-in-largest-capital-raise-week-ever?amp=1

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3535 on: November 16, 2020, 04:02:07 AM »
Fedcoin would replace the dollar.  If it actually is rolled out it would end the dollar and probably all other digital currencies.  This is the way the United States will end it's debt.  Other countries will do it as well.

You are mixing up numerous concepts here. Let me explain.

In the future, almost all currencies of countries will be digital. Indeed most largely are already.

Soon we will see some countries go entirely digital with their currencies (ie paperless). The USD going 100% digital will not result in other countries not still have their own digital currencies, just as the US having a paper currency didn't stop other countries have their own paper currencies in the days before computers.

Second, you can't just "end debt" by making a currency digital. The US's debt will remain, regardless of whether its currency is digital or not.

You may be confusing the concept of a digital currency, with a block chain currency (which is what BTC is). A US blockchain currency (aka a smart-coin) is possible in the future (indeed its likely), but what it will not have is the freedom and anonymity that BTC provides (indeed quite the opposite, it will have trackability associated with a person's unique ID details and limitations on usage dependent on the user's ID details (eg age, criminal record, substance abuse, welfare beneficiary, bad debtor, outstanding fines or taxes, etc), nor the global usage that BTC has, nor the mathematical limit on supply. So, as I explained, a so called Fed-Coin, will be hugely positive for BTC. It is the creation of such coins (and the associated loss of freedom that "paper money" and "dumb digital money" provides), that many BTC investors are hoping for as a future huge driver of surge in value as wealth moved into Bitcoin as a hedge and protection.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3536 on: November 16, 2020, 04:39:19 AM »

Ok, i'll put an end to this one here as a few have said this now and it's completely and totally wrong.

The countries will create a 'digital' coin however this is still an expansionary system. That isn't going to change because you require expansion and inflation to avoid collapse.

The reason they are going digital is because this is the system they will use to deposit money directly into the population's bank accounts as a means of welfare/basal income.

Digitial coin = infinite
BTC = finite
It is 2 different things and this is why BTC is a hedge.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #3537 on: November 16, 2020, 04:47:20 AM »
Ok, i'll put an end to this one here as a few have said this now and it's completely and totally wrong.

The countries will create a 'digital' coin however this is still an expansionary system. That isn't going to change because you require expansion and inflation to avoid collapse.

The reason they are going digital is because this is the system they will use to deposit money directly into the population's bank accounts as a means of welfare/basal income.

lol - very naïve

The main reason is to track and tax everyone.  That's been the goal since the beginning.  I posted this here 100 pages ago. 

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #3538 on: November 16, 2020, 05:11:14 AM »
lol - very naïve

The main reason is to track and tax everyone. That's been the goal since the beginning.  I posted this here 100 pages ago.

Exactly.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #3539 on: November 16, 2020, 08:11:43 AM »
Both gold and BTC require energy to be mined. That energy and effort that went into the mining are reflected in their values.

Lol that BTC needs an "LCD monitor" for you to see it. The reality is that both exist, regardless of any monitor, and both can (and do) exist regardless of whether any monitor is there or not. However, to the extent that most money and stocks are electronic records these days, to a rather simpleminded person - yes you need a monitor to "see" these too. :)

The fact that gold is heavy and physical is arguably a flaw that BTC does not have. Try storing 1m in gold. Try taking a few gold bars through customs to another country and see how that works out for you. Try removing a fraction of a gold bar in order to pay someone something. Try walking around the city with 30K cash in gold coins, vs BTC on your iphone. BTC has the advantage here hands down.

Thank you for telling us that many real things are made out of gold. If I ever need a filling for a cavity I might get a gold tooth. :)

I am just pointing out the obvious

Don’t know you or want to argue or have fun arguing with you

A 200 dollar cell phone jammer inables your ability to “ trade “ or “ carry” your “ coins” anywhere at all

It’s not complicated is it ?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #3540 on: November 16, 2020, 09:32:49 AM »

A 200 dollar cell phone jammer inables your ability to “ trade “ or “ carry” your “ coins” anywhere at all

just need access to a physical internet connection, the whole earth pretty much has that at this point.

I didn't expect the mass interest from institutions or Bitcoin to hold up so strongly. I've changed my mind and believe BTC will truly be the digital gold, its perfect for the new tech age and is being bought up by the hundreds of millions of dollars at the moment. If it can weather the late 2017 hysteria, it can weather anything. Only 800k addresses own 1btc or more so I wouldn't hang around if you have any interest at all in owning at least 1 btc, its getting scarce. For reference there are 45 million millionaires or so worldwide currently, and only around 18 million bitcoin in circulation.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3541 on: November 16, 2020, 11:43:00 AM »
lol - very naïve

The main reason is to track and tax everyone.  That's been the goal since the beginning.  I posted this here 100 pages ago.

It's one reason sure, but not the main reason.   For someone who believes this is one giant mass conspiracy you are playing in the sandpit dude. Your answer is like saying the car doesn't start because something is broken.....

If you followed the currency and money supply like i do, you'd have noticed one of the metrics just went backwards.

That sudden shift mskes me believe the US will go into lockdown.

I see your gold is still hitting it's head against the ceiling just as i said it would...... Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov and it can't crack a new high. You still want to claim you are drowning in inflation when the ultimate hedge against inflation isn't going up lol.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3542 on: November 16, 2020, 12:49:02 PM »

Let me explain.

:P

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3543 on: November 16, 2020, 03:11:39 PM »

You carry your Bitcoin in your mind if you have your passphrase memorized.

It becomes metaphysical at that point.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #3544 on: November 16, 2020, 03:23:45 PM »
You carry your Bitcoin in your mind if you have your passphrase memorized.

It becomes metaphysical at that point.

Like a cult.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3545 on: November 16, 2020, 04:58:23 PM »
Like a cult.

Pride is a helluva trait.

Pride goeth before destruction - Proverbs 16:18

Isn't that what the nice little old lady taught you in Sunday school class?

Well then, you just sit there set in your ways and I will continue to post article after article after article of Bitcoin's continuing adoption and you kick back and watch as Bitcoin eats gold's lunch.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3546 on: November 16, 2020, 07:43:34 PM »
Like a cult.

You should have listened to me back in March......  i track the central bank data and i have helped people on here with so much insight into the mechanics of it all. I hope i can continue to help more people on here so they can put themselves and their families in a better position by 2022.

Dow March low 19,200
Dow today 29,950
Change 56%

Gold March low 1,400
Gold today 1,880
Change 25%

BTC March low 5,400
BTC today 16,750
Change 210%

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3547 on: November 16, 2020, 07:54:54 PM »

Vince, you do realize that the U.S. have gold reserves + 8000 tonnes  ;)

OBW, who stores bitcoins gold reserves ..........& how many micrograms of gold  ;D

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3548 on: November 16, 2020, 08:18:12 PM »

Me thinks $5000 was THE top.  Let's see if I'm right.

LOL! :D

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3549 on: November 16, 2020, 09:29:43 PM »

Vince, you do realize that the U.S. have gold reserves + 8000 tonnes  ;)

OBW, who stores bitcoins gold reserves ..........& how many micrograms of gold  ;D

This year China increased it's gold holding by 5% from Jan to Jul and have since started decreasing it.... 

Seems that even during a pandemic and a global financial reset China aren't to bothered with gold......

The environment right now is the ultimate wet dream for gold bugs aaaaaand it's managed a whopping 25%..... 

FWIW you can't really point at an asset class that outperformed your hot pick 8 fold and make fun of it....... The Fed gave trillions to the banks and they dumped it into the stockmarket rather than gold.....