Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 786163 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #4125 on: January 06, 2021, 04:03:44 AM »
I have no doubt that bitcoin or its like is here to stay.  After all people still grow tulips.

However, so many are being led to slaughter now...even the so-called "experts".

I've seen this scenario too many times to count.

Hurry!  The Titanic is leaving the dock!  Get aboard before it's too late!

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4126 on: January 06, 2021, 04:32:07 AM »
I agree.

For BTC a red flag for me is the large holders. The existing powerful do not give away power easily.

JP Morgan says 140k long term..... they could crush BTC today into oblivion if they wanted.

I’m modelling different scenarios at the moment based on a 2021 exit scenario from my crypto positions.

Doesn’t mean they are correct but I am believing a pivot to ETH is going to happen and BTC may stall vs previous gains.....

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #4127 on: January 06, 2021, 04:42:54 AM »
For BTC a red flag for me is the large holders. The existing powerful do not give away power easily.

JP Morgan says 140k long term..... they could crush BTC today into oblivion if they wanted.

I’m modelling different scenarios at the moment based on a 2021 exit scenario from my crypto positions.

Doesn’t mean they are correct but I am believing a pivot to ETH is going to happen and BTC may stall vs previous gains.....

This. There's an interesting interview with Craig Wright, who is rumored to be (part of) Satoshi (the Bitcoin creator). When he's asked that he's technically a billionaire because of his assets in BTC he says that this number is just theoretically because he alone is holding such a large amount of total BTC that if he decided to sell it off the price would immediately crush to 50 % or so :D

Basically, the run could be over in the blink of an eye, the only question is if you're among the lucky guys who were selling beforehand or not (and this has nothing to do with knowledge or skills, but purely with luck lol; there are others deciding whether the BTC is going to crash or not, not you ;)).

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #4128 on: January 06, 2021, 04:52:10 AM »
Oh, and btw: $ 34.920  ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4129 on: January 06, 2021, 06:26:15 AM »
While you guys debate, some of us are making money  on bitcoin, etherum and juggling around funds in the smaller market cap coins. Lol

Keep doubting

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4130 on: January 06, 2021, 06:28:29 AM »
This. There's an interesting interview with Craig Wright, who is rumored to be (part of) Satoshi (the Bitcoin creator). When he's asked that he's technically a billionaire because of his assets in BTC he says that this number is just theoretically because he alone is holding such a large amount of total BTC that if he decided to sell it off the price would immediately crush to 50 % or so :D

Basically, the run could be over in the blink of an eye, the only question is if you're among the lucky guys who were selling beforehand or not (and this has nothing to do with knowledge or skills, but purely with luck lol; there are others deciding whether the BTC is going to crash or not, not you ;)).

Lmao. Yeah sure. Lost brain cells watching that.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #4131 on: January 06, 2021, 08:47:46 AM »
While you guys debate, some of us are making money  on bitcoin, etherum and juggling around funds in the smaller market cap coins. Lol

Keep doubting
It's Monopoly money.

affeman

• Getbig V
« Reply #4132 on: January 06, 2021, 08:52:35 AM »
It's Monopoly money.

It's not, Goodrum has just sold off his assets and is a wealthy man now ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #4133 on: January 06, 2021, 08:54:05 AM »
It's not, Goodrum has just sold off his assets and is a wealthy man now ;D
That's right.  That $1500 will turn his house into a castle.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #4134 on: January 06, 2021, 09:19:11 AM »
$ 35,556.20

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4135 on: January 06, 2021, 11:35:56 AM »
It's Monopoly money.

Yeah monopoly money. Lol

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #4136 on: January 06, 2021, 01:19:04 PM »
$ 36,301.61

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4137 on: January 06, 2021, 04:46:43 PM »

Well-known Australian scammer and fraudster who claims to be Satoshi (but has never provided a shred of proof) and lives like a pauper despite his alleged "wealth".

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4138 on: January 06, 2021, 04:49:46 PM »
Lets look back at another of Mr A's nuggets of wisdom he shared with us back in the day...

Quote from: Mr Anabolic on November 10, 2017, 04:10:43 AM (Bitcoin price @ $6570)

You are fantasizing.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread... when the avalanche of sell orders come in and everyone is looking for an exit at the same time... they not be able to sell and most will get their faces ripped off.   You'll be saying to yourself: "Why the fuck didn't I sell at $7800?"

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4139 on: January 06, 2021, 05:14:16 PM »
Lets look back at another of Mr A's nuggets of wisdom he shared with us back in the day...

You know when it crashes next week he will come in here and rip into you yeah?  lol

His prediction for this next crash was a price bottom $3,000. He posted that a few pages back.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4140 on: January 06, 2021, 06:30:25 PM »

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4141 on: January 06, 2021, 06:53:06 PM »
You know when it crashes next week he will come in here and rip into you yeah?  lol

His prediction for this next crash was a price bottom $3,000. He posted that a few pages back.

Yes, he is confused between volatility and a long term trend. (This is indeed why I typically use a 30 day moving average for BTC as opposed to referencing the latest high by the second when I respond to him with latest price).

If we believe BTC will achieve parity (or eventually surpass) gold in market cap, and in effect become the global reserve currency, the road upwards will of course be volatile. One would expect the same trend in the emergence of globally dominant stocks (indeed we saw this in all of the FANGS on their journey to date).

So yes, Mr A will come back with some nonsense such as "see I told you, its crashing!" if we see BTC fall 10-20% from its current levels. What he will fail to mention is that even a fall back to $30,000 would put BTC still 10,000 % HIGHER then when he first claimed BTC was a bubble at the $300 level.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4142 on: January 06, 2021, 06:53:26 PM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #4143 on: January 07, 2021, 05:01:16 AM »
Total crypto market cap:  $ 1.029.131.094.338

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4144 on: January 07, 2021, 06:05:19 AM »
What we are (quite possibly witnessing) is the actual birth of a brand new global currency. Its something we have never really seen before. Gold served this function to some extent, but the development of this new currency in the internet/digital era makes this potentially so much more powerful. The next decade could be mind-blowingly amazing for BTC, and indeed could change and revolutionize the entire way we look at money, finance, store of value, transfer of value, and beyond that the structure of society. BTC is quantitative tightening, in a world of quantitative easing. BTC is a global bank account in the hands of every person who has a phone.

I can only say again and again. If certain factors play out, 1-coiners (the people who have a whole Bitcoin to their name), will be an a truly elite class of wealth, who have vast financial power (and associated privileges) above all others. If all pans out over the next decade, the price of BTC now will be a blip compared to what it is in the future. Imagine being an early investor in Apple or Google or Amazon. Right now, we are really just in "series A" financing - ie the level after the initial VCs have invested, with many more phases of growth ahead.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #4145 on: January 07, 2021, 06:44:06 AM »
That's right.  That $1500 will turn his house into a castle.

he is quite comical isnt he

house with wheels

zooooooomm!!

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #4146 on: January 07, 2021, 06:54:50 AM »
'' less than 2 % of accounts control 95 % of all available Bitcoin supply ''

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4147 on: January 07, 2021, 07:06:15 AM »
'' less than 2 % of accounts control 95 % of all available Bitcoin supply ''

The real question is...how much of that is the Federal Reserve?  ;)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4148 on: January 07, 2021, 07:35:28 AM »
Kraken Exec: Institutions and Retail Will Put Trillions of Dollars Into Bitcoin

Recently, Dan Held, Head of Growth at crypto exchange Kraken, explained why he believes the price of Bitcoin is set to go much higher in the next couple of years.

According to a report by The Daily HODL, in a video released on his YouTube channel last Tuesday, Held said that this Bitcoin cycle is very different all of the previous cycles:

“What’s really unique about this cycle though, and I’ve been around for all the other cycles… this one is very different. Never before has it had such strong fundamentals against a macro backdrop which highlights exactly why it’s needed…

“Never before have we seen Dutch GDP ratios like this. Never before have we seen inflation this high. It is truly unprecedented. This is what’s so interesting that folks don’t think that they need Bitcoin until this moment happens when it shakes them out of their reality and they go ‘Oh, I get why Bitcoin’s valuable.’ Just like getting earthquake insurance. Most people don’t think about getting earthquake insurance until an earthquake hits… And Bitcoin is exactly like that, it’s insurance against money and devaluing of money by governments and the lack of trust of banks.“

Held also explained why institutions are finally investing in Bitcoin:

“So Covid brought Bitcoin’s focus and value and made it really obvious for the world. And because of that, a new participant entered, the institutions… Institutions post-Covid were searching for a safe store of value. You’ve got $18 trillion of negatively yielding sovereign debt and Bitcoin offers such a greater value than gold… These institutions manage over a $100 trillion…

“What’s going to happen in 2021 and 2022 when everywhere you can buy Bitcoin: every bank, every brokerage. All that pent up purchasing and demand for Bitcoin flows into the market. So you get the institutions and retail who are going to flow trillions of dollars into Bitcoin over the next couple of years. And that’s why I think this is a supercycle. What happens when ownership of Bitcoin moves from 0.01% of the world to 1%? A 100x increase. Price will move much more than that.“

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2021/01/kraken-exec-institutions-and-retail-will-put-trillions-of-dollars-into-bitcoin/

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #4149 on: January 07, 2021, 10:58:04 AM »
$ 38,043.61