Author Topic: Dorian yates HIT?  (Read 37023 times)

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Dorian yates HIT?
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2022, 05:29:39 AM »
The irony is the high volume is better than HIT in the long run
as long as itīs not too much volume like the ridiculous volume seen in arnoldīs book... :-\

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2022, 07:45:51 AM »
as long as itīs not too much volume like the ridiculous volume seen in arnoldīs book... :-\

Nothing wrong with Arnold's volume. It works.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2022, 09:00:43 AM »
Nothing wrong with Arnold's volume. It works.
:D yeah OK...  you do understand (or maybe not) that he never really trained like this most of the year.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2022, 09:42:02 AM »
Exactly, the secret is high volume, but NEVER train very hard, always just stimulate, don't anihilate, do NOT go to failure often, always keep a rep or 2 in the tank, to avoid overtraining, as long as there's progressive overload, there will be muscle growth

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2022, 09:52:37 AM »
Exactly, the secret is high volume, but NEVER train very hard, always just stimulate, don't anihilate, do NOT go to failure often, always keep a rep or 2 in the tank, to avoid overtraining, as long as there's progressive overload, there will be muscle growth
I actually like doing two sets per exercise now. however what works works... :)

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2022, 09:58:57 AM »
The irony is the high volume is better than HIT in the long run

TBH it’s not in the short run though.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2022, 10:34:13 AM »
TBH it’s not in the short run though.
Bro...

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2022, 02:25:18 PM »
:D yeah OK...  you do understand (or maybe not) that he never really trained like this most of the year.

He still did a good amount of volume during the year. Off season was 10 to 15 sets a bodypart (sometimes a bit more) focusing on more mass building movements. Precontest more focused on isolation movements added to the routine upping the volume to 20 to 25 sets. Most bodybuilders still do this practice of cycling the volume.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2022, 02:26:35 PM »
I would not hit Mr. Yates.
Is everyone gay here?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2022, 01:09:18 AM »
I would not hit Mr. Yates.
Is everyone gay here?

Only if you want them to be

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2022, 05:25:55 AM »
He still did a good amount of volume during the year. Off season was 10 to 15 sets a bodypart (sometimes a bit more) focusing on more mass building movements. Precontest more focused on isolation movements added to the routine upping the volume to 20 to 25 sets. Most bodybuilders still do this practice of cycling the volume.
Not according to people around him at that time like Ric Drasin  &  Jerry brainum.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2022, 12:06:34 AM »
Not according to people around him at that time like Ric Drasin  &  Jerry brainum.

Yes. Exactly like people like Ric Drasin and Jerry Brainum. I've asked them.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: July 24, 2022, 12:37:30 AM »
Yes. Exactly like people like Ric Drasin and Jerry Brainum. I've asked them.
Well ric drasin has been dead for at least a year & they both said in videos that he was doing much shorter workouts off season & lost loads of size off the juice. There's pictures of him on the Web looking like a swimmer.
It's hard for some people to come to terms with the reality that their heroes are not what they thought.

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: July 24, 2022, 05:27:40 AM »
Well ric drasin has been dead for at least a year & they both said in videos that he was doing much shorter workouts off season & lost loads of size off the juice. There's pictures of him on the Web looking like a swimmer.
It's hard for some people to come to terms with the reality that their heroes are not what they thought.

In the offseason, as I had stated, Arnold did 10 to 15 sets per bodypart and sometimes a bit more. Drasin may be dead but I asked him on his channel. They did plenty of sets for the most part. Yes Arnold came off the juice at times. Especially for acting in a role. These pics you see of him are from after his bodybuilding career while he was starting his acting career. Sorry but I know well more than you on the subject.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: July 24, 2022, 05:33:03 AM »
In the offseason, as I had stated, Arnold did 10 to 15 sets per bodypart and sometimes a bit more. Drasin may be dead but I asked him on his channel. They did plenty of sets for the most part. Yes Arnold came off the juice at times. Especially for acting in a role. These pics you see of him are from after his bodybuilding career while he was starting his acting career. Sorry but I know well more than you on the subject.
well i thought the way you wrote that you had been around these Guys in the gym..but no you got it off the web.  :D Listen these guys say one thing then a month later the story changes. Donīt believe everything.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2022, 05:38:18 AM »
Very true. Even Yates never trained all out long term. Most of the time he used a bit more sets and cut back on the intensity. This was all confirmed by those I spoke to who trained at temple gym back in the 90's.

ah OK..off the web again?

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2022, 08:01:18 AM »
                               About Arnold being so skinny. Yes he was skinny after he retired in 75. He started running. Did some charity marathon bs stuff. Came completely off the gear and hardly weight trained. He did that because he thought he was going to be a serious actor and there was no need to be big since he wasn't competing. Even when he was competing he would take time off from the gear in between contests ( most did) He would train but not like pre contest. 2 or 3 exercises per body part 4 or 5 sets in a pyramid fashion. But when it came contest time it was double splits 6 days a week and gear. About 2 hours each workout. For about 8 weeks . Everyone trained like that. That is why they all looked so much better than guys now. Dan Duchaine even said that "steroids work best when you over train". So they did over train  basically only they didn't really understand it. Guys now days and even in Dorians days never came off and used way more stuff and they all train the same way off season or pre contest etc so they all look the same. Back in the day you knew who people were even if you didn't see their face

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2022, 08:09:12 AM »
                               About Arnold being so skinny. Yes he was skinny after he retired in 75. He started running. Did some charity marathon bs stuff. Came completely off the gear and hardly weight trained. He did that because he thought he was going to be a serious actor and there was no need to be big since he wasn't competing. Even when he was competing he would take time off from the gear in between contests ( most did) He would train but not like pre contest. 2 or 3 exercises per body part 4 or 5 sets in a pyramid fashion. But when it came contest time it was double splits 6 days a week and gear. About 2 hours each workout. For about 8 weeks . Everyone trained like that. That is why they all looked so much better than guys now. Dan Duchaine even said that "steroids work best when you over train". So they did over train  basically only they didn't really understand it. Guys now days and even in Dorians days never came off and used way more stuff and they all train the same way off season or pre contest etc so they all look the same. Back in the day you knew who people were even if you didn't see their face
before his acting career took off he was known to lose size fast .. I know all the arnold die hards donīt want to hear it but off the D-Bol he was a much smaller guy. stands to reason he couldnīt train with the same volume. ::)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2022, 08:29:01 AM »
Very true. Even Yates never trained all out long term. Most of the time he used a bit more sets and cut back on the intensity. This was all confirmed by those I spoke to who trained at temple gym back in the 90's.

And who did you speak to ??
I trained at Dorian's gym & Know a few from back then Also

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2022, 12:25:57 PM »
there is no hit. never was. i thought anybody of reasonable intelligence laughed off this with other made up fad bullshit long ago

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2022, 01:10:34 PM »
before his acting career took off he was known to lose size fast .. I know all the arnold die hards donīt want to hear it but off the D-Bol he was a much smaller guy. stands to reason he couldnīt train with the same volume. ::)
Arnold has and had massive ribcage, hands,
He.has large structure
Off the juice his delts.and upper chest is nowhere impressive but he dwarfed everybody thanks to his.massive frame.
I.guess.he seemed lanky when he was off because he couldn't fill his frame naturally.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2022, 01:11:53 AM »
there is no hit. never was. i thought anybody of reasonable intelligence laughed off this with other made up fad bullshit long ago
Oh, it exists. There is a whole army of (s)HIT warriors who swear by it.

nzgs

• Getbig III
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2022, 01:22:19 AM »
His "warm up" sets were completely unnecessary he would have made the same results with one set if he had slowed down, reduced the weight a little and really used clean form, more like superslow HIT. Saying he did 3 sets because he did a couple of warmups is daft, it's like thinking your walk to the gym contributes to your leg gains. The RPE on those sets is way too low to be meaningful.

HIT isn't better or worse than high volume, it's more time efficient at the cost of being much more CNS intensive.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2022, 04:28:32 AM »
His "warm up" sets were completely unnecessary he would have made the same results with one set if he had slowed down, reduced the weight a little and really used clean form, more like superslow HIT. Saying he did 3 sets because he did a couple of warmups is daft, it's like thinking your walk to the gym contributes to your leg gains. The RPE on those sets is way too low to be meaningful.

HIT isn't better or worse than high volume, it's more time efficient at the cost of being much more CNS intensive.
Yeah just one joint tearing set to failure.. haha
I think 2 sets are the minimum if you are using intensive training.  Don't know about his dungeon days but certainly later on Dorian stretched a fair bit too.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2022, 10:38:26 AM »
Yeah just one joint tearing set to failure.. haha
I think 2 sets are the minimum if you are using intensive training.  Don't know about his dungeon days but certainly later on Dorian stretched a fair bit too.

Yep, chip the ice off the weights in the gym in sub zero temperature , pile the weights on to your maximum poundage and do one set to failure

Then get your training partner to take you to the emergency room.