Author Topic: Who here resists growing up for the sake of having fun  (Read 10867 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Who here resists growing up for the sake of having fun
« on: March 23, 2016, 10:57:58 AM »
Man I'm in my early 30s and seems like most my age just want to have kids and spend all their time at a shitty job.

All I can think of is having fun. Riding motorcycles, camping, hiking, lifting weights, drinking around a campfire, target shooting. Just so much fun shit to do, why do people focus so much on adulting.

I'm open to marriage if the right chick came along but I will never want to be in a situation where I am adulting 100% of the time and not having much fun. F that!

Speak on this getbig.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Re: Who here resists growing up for the same of having fun
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 12:26:11 PM »
im with you man, early thirties here. got the married/house/career thing going but i still dont want the responsibility of kids and not doing what i love day in day out. im having a hard time growing up. that life just doesnt interest me. wife and I are arguing about this now.

i love all those things you mentioned, and i love our dogs and life. my friends with kids, all for a select one or two look miserable. the wife who wanted the kids dven looks miserable. its weird. i think i do want kids now so i can make a friend basically. i hate almost everyone else, so it might be cool to make a mini-me

i have almost no friends now....people grow up and move and start families, and distance themselves from people who dont have kids.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 01:55:06 PM »
Yes they look absolutely miserable despite what they say. I always judge based on the look rather than a response they are supposed to say.

In before a parent pops in here saying how much of a joy kids are and that we can't possibly understand until we have kids.  ;D

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 02:03:30 PM »
Holy shit I almost thought I was alone, I'm thirties too. Feel like an alien among other guys my age, even younger people around 26 can be much more into the adult hum drum life than me.

I will resist it. Because growing up is partly growing up for real, but also about social pressure and conformity, and that kind of growing up I am not willing to do

I was always the last to start studying, and the last to let go of partying among my friends. Because I had a blast, didn't want to stop you know..?

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 05:14:13 PM »
For each his own. I've decided long ago that I'll have fun for as long a possible and then I die.
 Make money, when you have enough - you can do pretty much whatever you want and get away with it.

But I suggest another outlook, which we usualy skip/don't think about it. Genes. Not everyone have genes to be able to enjoy every day life like it's fun day in, day out. I mean - many guys/girls are not exactly the best looking, etc... all they ever want is to find someone who'd be willing to stay with them/have regular sex with them for as long as possible and they are content with it, then they have kids, to have something to do (as "having fun" is not so fun when you can't dominate in a physical sense, or at least be somewhat above average). It's a lot more important than people want to admit. It's no fun for a manlet in some social gathering when he can't talk up a girl and see her eyes lighting up, it's no fun for a heavy build female to go out and see all these better looking chicks, it's no fun to be bald and hang around people who have nice full locks, etc... People can denie it, but it's true we are very superficial animals and our body is our survival machine, our avatar that we present ourselves in. Only time people who are physically subpar that have lots of fun are these who are rich and doesn't give a fuck, because everyone still kiss their butt and are afraid of.

I guess you look good and that's why you don't care too much. I feel similar, my dad is 50+, smokes as a chimney, drinks  booze when gets a chance, has spent million years in the direct sun, yet has incredibly good skin (for that lifestyle) and overall looks very good, and I'm a copy of my dad, that means I don't worry about suddenly looking "bad" and not being able to find some pussy, etc...

That and many people just doesn't have a drive to keep on going at fast speed, they start doubting themselves, they search for something calm, easy, predictable, SAFE, comfortable... The funny thing is - once they find this - they start to feel miserable, because all the turns are taken, all the ways are known and every day starts to feel like the last one, no danger, no fear, but no surprises and no "high" at the same time.
 Life is funny and ridiculous survival experiment, I've ceased to analyze it quite some time ago, I just push the pedal now and see where it takes me, if it's nice I'm happy, if it's not nice - I'm still pretty happy and most important, one thing is for sure - I want to live like I'm living now for as long as it's possible, I've worked a lot to come to this state of being, worked as in overall sense, and now that I'm here - bring it on, I'm just begining to really have fun!
 Don't sweat too much of how others are living, your friends, your relatives or me writing this, just have your own goals and keep going doesn't matter how "unordinary" or "crazy" they may look to many. many will end up like you can see now when looking at people who are twice your age who lived "like most". You see a nice view? Good for you if so, I don't see much to strive for.

EDIT: it's all in your mind of how it will be. Take a look at this fella and pay attention to what he says at the end. It's a mind that never rests, a mind that is hungry and want's to keep the pace, a mind that is not afraid to dream big, a mind that will have fun for as long as it's possible:

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 05:35:35 PM »
almost thirty here, it's impossible for me to think that I want to settle down. I always have that "what if.." feeling in the back of my head.

but If I really lived my life and pursued my dreams, maybe through that I would find that special woman made just for me. Or not. But I'm not doing now what I really want to do, so I can't say I'm 100% me, so how can I ever be 100% settled down.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 05:38:49 PM »

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 06:30:42 PM »
almost thirty here, it's impossible for me to think that I want to settle down. I always have that "what if.." feeling in the back of my head.

but If I really lived my life and pursued my dreams, maybe through that I would find that special woman made just for me. Or not. But I'm not doing now what I really want to do, so I can't say I'm 100% me, so how can I ever be 100% settled down.

"Special woman"  becomes just another pussy after several years of plowing her furiously, sadly. Happens to best of them..

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 06:33:02 PM »
Enjoy it while you can, my brothers in iron. Lift big, eat well, smoke the finest weed and bang only dimes.

My blessings are upon you.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 06:46:46 PM »
"Special woman"  becomes just another pussy after several years of plowing her furiously, sadly. Happens to best of them..

exactly

2scared2post

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 06:56:20 PM »
Haha, nothing funnier then guys in their 30's resisting "growing up" you are already old as shit, time to rot.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 06:59:21 PM »
Enjoy it while you can, my brothers in iron. Lift big, eat well, smoke the finest weed and bang only dimes.

My blessings are upon you.

Word of Alpha!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 07:03:31 PM »
Here comes all the getbiggers to tell us how to live life lol.  :D
X

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 07:08:25 PM »
I still have fun. Travel all over the world, party, have fun etc.. But I have definitely made "concessions" and that first year of having that little girl, I way underestimated. I am here to tell you doing the job right is fucking really hard. God that first year was tough

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 07:37:18 PM »
It's all fun and games living in your parents house or with a bunch of room mates. Suddenly your friends are buying houses, cars and living an adult life and you are still in your mother's house hiding your syringes and vials loving the praise of the clueless about your manly physique. 

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2016, 07:40:55 PM »
It's all fun and games living in your parents house or with a bunch of room mates. Suddenly your friends are buying houses, cars and living an adult life and you are still in your mother's house hiding your syringes and vials loving the praise of the clueless about your manly physique. 

Huh?  Sorry you lived that way as a single guy with no kids in his thirties

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 07:55:14 PM »
My son is due in August and I couldn't be happier.
T

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: Who here resists growing up for the sake of having fun
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 08:00:03 PM »
The only difference between me at 21 vs 34 is my toys are more expensive.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 08:57:38 PM »
Bitter old man chimes in.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 09:04:57 PM »
For each his own. I've decided long ago that I'll have fun for as long a possible and then I die.
 Make money, when you have enough - you can do pretty much whatever you want and get away with it.

But I suggest another outlook, which we usualy skip/don't think about it. Genes. Not everyone have genes to be able to enjoy every day life like it's fun day in, day out. I mean - many guys/girls are not exactly the best looking, etc... all they ever want is to find someone who'd be willing to stay with them/have regular sex with them for as long as possible and they are content with it, then they have kids, to have something to do (as "having fun" is not so fun when you can't dominate in a physical sense, or at least be somewhat above average). It's a lot more important than people want to admit. It's no fun for a manlet in some social gathering when he can't talk up a girl and see her eyes lighting up, it's no fun for a heavy build female to go out and see all these better looking chicks, it's no fun to be bald and hang around people who have nice full locks, etc... People can denie it, but it's true we are very superficial animals and our body is our survival machine, our avatar that we present ourselves in. Only time people who are physically subpar that have lots of fun are these who are rich and doesn't give a fuck, because everyone still kiss their butt and are afraid of.

I guess you look good and that's why you don't care too much. I feel similar, my dad is 50+, smokes as a chimney, drinks  booze when gets a chance, has spent million years in the direct sun, yet has incredibly good skin (for that lifestyle) and overall looks very good, and I'm a copy of my dad, that means I don't worry about suddenly looking "bad" and not being able to find some pussy, etc...

That and many people just doesn't have a drive to keep on going at fast speed, they start doubting themselves, they search for something calm, easy, predictable, SAFE, comfortable... The funny thing is - once they find this - they start to feel miserable, because all the turns are taken, all the ways are known and every day starts to feel like the last one, no danger, no fear, but no surprises and no "high" at the same time.
 Life is funny and ridiculous survival experiment, I've ceased to analyze it quite some time ago, I just push the pedal now and see where it takes me, if it's nice I'm happy, if it's not nice - I'm still pretty happy and most important, one thing is for sure - I want to live like I'm living now for as long as it's possible, I've worked a lot to come to this state of being, worked as in overall sense, and now that I'm here - bring it on, I'm just begining to really have fun!
 Don't sweat too much of how others are living, your friends, your relatives or me writing this, just have your own goals and keep going doesn't matter how "unordinary" or "crazy" they may look to many. many will end up like you can see now when looking at people who are twice your age who lived "like most". You see a nice view? Good for you if so, I don't see much to strive for.

Solid post.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 09:08:25 PM »
I would try and have it both ways. Have fun and be irresponsible as long as possible, but consider settling down before too late and having kids as well. It feels like an epic adventure some days having kids, when you aren't stuck in the weeds changing diapers.

Life can be Huge and Grand and epic in scope if you are open to that, and having kids will certainly foster that feeling of being a part of a huge spectacle.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 09:12:39 PM »
Man I'm in my early 30s and seems like most my age just want to have kids and spend all their time at a shitty job.

All I can think of is having fun. Riding motorcycles, camping, hiking, lifting weights, drinking around a campfire, target shooting. Just so much fun shit to do, why do people focus so much on adulting.

I'm open to marriage if the right chick came along but I will never want to be in a situation where I am adulting 100% of the time and not having much fun. F that!

Speak on this getbig.

I'm 55 -- Can't argue with your outlook on life.
Enjoy it we only get the 1 life.
There is no correct way to grow up.

Yes I have 2 sons live with me & house etc-- Divorced.
As for being Grown up only when I have to.
Love Riding my Harley which I have done all the mods to over the years
Driving my convertible, going to the gym, yes spending fun days with
My Lads. Having mini breaks away with Girlfriend.

Sadly not got much £ - so I can't buy all the toys I'd like.
Though generally I have a Good Time & Enjoy my Life.

Just waiting to win the lottery.. Ha ha
Jeez I'd be like 😃👍🏻😃👍🏻😃👍🏻

NickEdge779

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 09:38:38 PM »
Some people take pride in living the "safe" lifestyle. i think women more often than men think like this as they age. Men by nature want to explore, learn, and seek adventure. I think most men are pussy whipped by their wives and to afraid to divorce them for the kids sake so they live a mediocre lifestyle and are ok with it because it brings a innate sense of accomplishment to be a father and raise a child. Sometimes that is better than living the fast life to some people. I'll pick the fast life though.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 12:45:26 AM »
I just think that, when it's all said and done, if all you've accomplished is riding motorcycles, hung out in bars, lifted weights then you're just not going to be happy about it all.

The opposite end would be Ivan Ilyich, I suppose, and his story is not a happy one.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 01:09:11 AM »
These are the getbiggers that will be working into their mid 60's and 70's.

P