Author Topic: TBOMBZ & The Ten Commandments  (Read 13995 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: TBOMBZ & The Ten Commandments
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2016, 02:23:31 PM »
A mad person never thinks they are mad.

I've heard it all LOL and yet I've still experienced God in my life even if you don't care and reject it.  It changes nothing about me. 

"You're mentally ill MOS."  Ok.  You're mentally ill 10pints.  And?  It's meaningless.  Atheists are steeped in their sin and can't help some of the things that come out of their mouths or through their fingers online.

I've spoken to a bunch of atheists and have had maybe 3 exchanges in which the atheists never insulted me.  Oh yeah, you aren't an atheist.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2016, 02:26:51 PM »
These are the words of the old man.  That old man is gone and a new man is alive today that is reborn in Christ!!!  

The God haters cling to the old man who was once steeped in sin because it acts as consolation (and entertainment) given their similar, current and regrettable state of sin.

For the God haters, the old man can't die because he was even worse off than the majority of them both then and now.  It brings comfort to them knowing someone else is worse off.....makes them feel better by comparison about their own stain of sin.  It acts as justification or a metaphorical bar of soap somehow cleansing their own wrongdoings.

Yet, the old man is gone so the God hater clings to whatever they can to bring him back.  In this case the idea of "preachiness" is what is clung to.

"He was a preachy, know-it-all before and now he just preaches about God.  It's the same guy  ::) just a different story is preached!"  

No, it really isn't....it isn't at all.  :)  Praise God!!

I gave up the drug and alcohol lifestyle and have adopted a clean lifestyle which yes includes a god of my understanding.

That being said I avoid shoving it down people's throats and although still a smartass on here and in real life, I don't act holier and though either because I gave up a destructive lifestyle.

I don't have a problem with you or Tbombz turning your lives over to in this case Christ but do be aware that christ also pointed out about you fuckers not to judge others lest ye be judged.

Seems to be the biggest rule born agains make, and the irony is most born agains I have known or met were once the biggest thieves, liars and deviants around, and most still are when nobody is looking of course.

I think THE Scott says it best, god(in your case Christ) wants you guys to carry the message by living the message, not acting like a fucking nincompoop
"

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2016, 02:28:39 PM »
I gave up the drug and alcohol lifestyle and have adopted a clean lifestyle which yes includes a god of my understanding.

That being said I avoid shoving it down people's throats and although still a smartass on here and in real life, I don't act holier and though either because I gave up a destructive lifestyle.

I don't have a problem with you or Tbombz turning your lives over to in this case Christ but do be aware that christ also pointed out about you fuckers not to judge others lest ye be judged.

Seems to be the biggest rule born agains make, and the irony is most born agains I have known or met were once the biggest thieves, liars and deviants around, and most still are when nobody is looking of course.

I think THE Scott says it best, god(in your case Christ) wants you guys to carry the message by living the message, not acting like a fucking nincompoop

That's Matthew 7:1.  Continue on through verse 6 as it speaks of believers not judging hypocritically.  We are instructed to judge righteously (per John 7) as Christ does because we represent him and the Holy Spirit that lives in us.

Christ commanded us to live it and share it.

I praise God for your deliverance from drugs and alchohol!!

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2016, 02:35:04 PM »
That's Matthew 7:1.  Continue on through verse 6 as it speaks of believers not judging hypocritically.  We are instructed to judge righteously as Christ does because we represent him and the Holy Spirit that lives in us.

dude that fucking book was not written by Jesus, but by a bunch of guys years later under the command of Constantine the emperor because of constant bickering between the early christians, jews and pagans.

They essentially chose the best written chapters ie books of the bible. Kinda like magazine publishing where an author submits work and even though he is paid for it the work may never see the light of day
"

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2016, 02:38:07 PM »
dude that fucking book was not written by Jesus, but by a bunch of guys years later under the command of Constantine the emperor because of constant bickering between the early christians, jews and pagans.

They essentially chose the best written chapters ie books of the bible. Kinda like magazine publishing where an author submits work and even though he is paid for it the work may never see the light of day

So you uphold scripture in one breathe, but when the passage you quote is explained to you (thereby invalidating your argument) you deny the same scripture in another breathe?

I can discuss Constantine and the Council of Nicea if you'd like to....it's rather straight forward actually.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2016, 02:48:38 PM »
That's Matthew 7:1.  Continue on through verse 6 as it speaks of believers not judging hypocritically.  We are instructed to judge righteously (per John 7) as Christ does because we represent him and the Holy Spirit that lives in us.

I praise God for your deliverance from drugs and alchohol!!

God did not deliver me from drugs and alcohol. I already had belief in a higher conciousness which yes I choose to call god just for the sake of argument. My belief that I was and am not god has helped me overcome my bullshit.

My belief is that god, the universe, christ, buddha, jehova, nothing, whatever you want to call it, works through people, places and things.

Conclusion. The right people places and things were their in front of me, I accepted, chased, and embraced the help and I stopped thinking I was God and could help myself alone. Now I am able to help others with their bullshit if they choose to ask.

Very simple for me Gratitude=Action and helping others by not playing god. If I am not playing god, then something else is and can carry that burden.

Look at it another way. There are people on this board who believe/don't believe in a god. Just like there are people here who respect that I overcame a shitty life while some here will think I am the biggest piece of shit ever for ever having a problem. All groups are right and all are wrong depending on your own perception.
Personally I actually in the end respect anyone who has an opinion. I just may not agree all the time and express my temporary anger at such

"

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2016, 02:58:13 PM »
So you uphold scripture in one breathe, but when the passage you quote is explained to you (thereby invalidating your argument) you deny the same scripture in another breathe?

I can discuss Constantine and the Council of Nicea if you'd like to....it's rather straight forward actually.

umm, no, I am not upholding scripture, I don't care what line number or chapter/verse was written, I just know that christ told people not to judge and to mind their own fucking business.

christ was also well traveled, and was known to have traveled through places such as India and Asia where he learned many things which he also applied to his teachings.

I think there was a man like Christ, but no he was not the magic miracle man everyone speaks of.

I also know every single religion/faith on this planet through history has a version of what is essentially the golden rule. If mankind had a number one sin.

I believe in a concept of a God(of my understanding), however I believe organized religion is a crock of shit that cons, kills and divides people

"

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2016, 03:11:25 PM »
God did not deliver me from drugs and alcohol. I already had belief in a higher conciousness which yes I choose to call god just for the sake of argument. My belief that I was and am not god has helped me overcome my bullshit.

My belief is that god, the universe, christ, buddha, jehova, nothing, whatever you want to call it, works through people, places and things.

Conclusion. The right people places and things were their in front of me, I accepted, chased, and embraced the help and I stopped thinking I was God and could help myself alone. Now I am able to help others with their bullshit if they choose to ask.

Very simple for me Gratitude=Action and helping others by not playing god. If I am not playing god, then something else is and can carry that burden.

Look at it another way. There are people on this board who believe/don't believe in a god. Just like there are people here who respect that I overcame a shitty life while some here will think I am the biggest piece of shit ever for ever having a problem. All groups are right and all are wrong depending on your own perception.
Personally I actually in the end respect anyone who has an opinion. I just may not agree all the time and express my temporary anger at such

I think Man of Steel comprehensively demonstrated his preference to talk the talk so we all might know rather than walk the walk so that he and God (as he understands) might know.  
Unfortunately rattling off frequent and detailed reference to scripture  are vaguely reminiscent of a Quality Control Manual being used to keep people in line and does nothing to suggest compassion
c

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2016, 03:27:44 PM »

umm, no, I am not upholding scripture, I don't care what line number or chapter/verse was written, I just know that christ told people not to judge and to mind their own fucking business.

christ was also well traveled, and was known to have traveled through places such as India and Asia where he learned many things which he also applied to his teachings.

I think there was a man like Christ, but no he was not the magic miracle man everyone speaks of.

I also know every single religion/faith on this planet through history has a version of what is essentially the golden rule. If mankind had a number one sin.

I believe in a concept of a God(of my understanding), however I believe organized religion is a crock of shit that cons, kills and divides people

Christ doesn't tell believers not to judge and to mind their own business in scripture....quite the opposite.  You can ignore the chapters and verses I quoted if you want.

I think it's great you were able to get past drugs and alcohol and that you help others.  

No one should play God, but believers represent God in every thought, word and deed...at least they should.

You don't need organized religion to know Christ, but often times hating organized religion is nothing more than excuse people use to avoid going to church.   They want their Sunday mornings for pancakes and workouts not church.....that simple really.

Yes, I've heard Carlin's standup a bunch over the years.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2016, 03:58:31 PM »
Believers should live it and share it!

If you truly live it, you will have shared far more than either the spoken or written word ever did.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2016, 04:04:23 PM »
If you truly live it, you will have shared far more than either the spoken or written word ever did.

Do my best to live for Christ, be the salt and light, share the gospel and give reasons for the hope within me.

As a believer I don't walk in willful sin and if I do mess up (to my great shame) I ask the Lord for forgiveness and deliverance.

It's pretty amazing how the Lord is answering my prayers in these threads as of late.  Things are beginning to become clear.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2016, 04:56:39 PM »
Christ doesn't tell believers not to judge and to mind their own business in scripture....quite the opposite.  You can ignore the chapters and verses I quoted if you want.

I think it's great you were able to get past drugs and alcohol and that you help others.  

No one should play God, but believers represent God in every thought, word and deed...at least they should.

You don't need organized religion to know Christ, but often times hating organized religion is nothing more than excuse people use to avoid going to church.   They want their Sunday mornings for pancakes and workouts not church.....that simple really.

I have no ill will btw, just have my opinions and all
"

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »
It's real because I've encountered God repeatedly.   You don't have to believe me.

No? So there's objective and verifiable evidence we can look at to verify your claim that you've "encountered God repeatedly?" Interesting - let's hear it. Oh, and while you're at it, since you've encountered God repeatedly, can you provide an unambigious, internally consistent definition of God? What was it you "encountered" and how did you know it was God and not, say, a half-eaten chicken nugget or something caused by mini-stroke? Are you sure you encountered God or that you "encountered" that in which you had already accepted on faith and which you desperately wanted to encounter?

You just have to trust in Christ like I noted.

So a prerequisite for encountering God is trust in Jesus Christ. In other words, if we believe first, then we'll have proof? What good is proof in the presence of faith?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2016, 05:29:04 PM »

But days are a human concept, there are no days, just the earth rotating, you go into outer space, there are no days. The perspective of the bible is from that of medievil thinking, no mention of space, quasars, black holes, comets or anything truly ahead of it's time. The ethics and morals reflect the time, why would a timeless god be so short sighted?

If you think I wouldn't be in church for a chance to go to heaven you're nuts, I would, anyone would if it was a heaven of my choosing.

Serious question, what happens if you entertain the thought that you might be wrong? do you feel fear?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2016, 07:04:12 PM »
But days are a human concept, there are no days, just the earth rotating, you go into outer space, there are no days. The perspective of the bible is from that of medievil thinking, no mention of space, quasars, black holes, comets or anything truly ahead of it's time. The ethics and morals reflect the time, why would a timeless god be so short sighted?

If you think I wouldn't be in church for a chance to go to heaven you're nuts, I would, anyone would if it was a heaven of my choosing.

Serious question, what happens if you entertain the thought that you might be wrong? do you feel fear?

Days are just another way to measure time.  In space, time continues does it not?  Of course it does. As for entertaining the thought that I might be "wrong" with regard to my faith?

I have said as much here on more than one occasion.  No one will know the truth of anything until they breathe their last.  I would be a liar if I said I was not afraid of death.  Only a fool or one who has experienced death and therefor knows what to expect can say otherwise. 

And yes, I am not MoS but my faith is mine and as you have asked and  he had yet to answer I thought I would try to help out. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2016, 09:51:50 PM »
I have said as much here on more than one occasion.  No one will know the truth of anything until they breathe their last.  I would be a liar if I said I was not afraid of death.  Only a fool or one who has experienced death and therefor knows what to expect can say otherwise.

I haven't experienced death before and I'm not afraid of it. Our existence is linear and finite - we are born, we live, we die; it's the unidirectional cycle of our life. I just don't see what there is to be afraid of, nor do I see why not cowering in fear at the prospect of my life ending at some point in the future makes a fool.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2016, 10:43:58 PM »
Hello All,

I would like to respond to a couple of questions/comments made in this thread.

First, of course, I want to thank my Brother in Christ Man of Steel for all the love he has been putting into this thread.

Secondly, someone asked about where I work. I am working in dispatch for a HVAC company while I work on my Masters.

Third, someone inquired about whether I still feel attraction towards men. The answer is that I very rarely ever feel any of those things anymore.

Fourth, I would like to say a couple things about being a Christian, not judging, and sharing the Gospel. Some of you expressed the sentiment that Christians should just display the love of God through our behavior instead of through our speech. I agree with you all that we should be displaying the love of Jesus through our behavior, and by living a quiet life with integrity. However, we should ALSO share the love of God with other people VERBALLY. The fact of the matter is that all the good behavior in the world will never lead a person to God. One must actually receive Christ to benefit from His sacrifice. Now, on the subject of not "judging." Let me ask you... if I see a man about to be hit by a locomotive, would I be judging him for shouting out "Hey, get out of the way of that train!" No, I would be warning him of impending doom.

Christ is, whether you believe it or not, the Son of God, Savior of the world, and source of all love and beauty in the universe. There is no way for sinful man to approach infinite God without the atoning sacrifice of Christ working on their behalf.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2016, 01:26:52 AM »
Christ is, whether you believe it or not, the Son of God, Savior of the world, and source of all love and beauty in the universe.

What about the hate and ugliness? He's not responsible for that?

There is no way for sinful man to approach infinite God without the atoning sacrifice of Christ working on their behalf.

Whether an "atoning sacrifice" works on our behalf is irrelevant. If we cannot, ourselves, by own own works and deeds and without any outside aid, atone for our sin, then for God to punish us for it is cruel and injust and, most certaily, not an act of love.

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2016, 01:45:37 AM »
Hello All,

First, of course, I want to thank my Brother in Christ Man of Steel for all the love he has been putting into this thread.

Secondly, someone asked about where I work. I am working in dispatch for a HVAC company while I work on my Masters.

Third, someone inquired about whether I still feel attraction towards men. The answer is that I very rarely ever feel any of those things anymore.

Fourth, I would like to say a couple things about being a Christian, not judging, and sharing the Gospel. Some of you expressed the sentiment that Christians should just display the love of God through our behavior instead of through our speech. I agree with you all that we should be displaying the love of Jesus through our behavior, and by living a quiet life with integrity. However, we should ALSO share the love of God with other people VERBALLY. The fact of the matter is that all the good behavior in the world will never lead a person to God. One must actually receive Christ to benefit from His sacrifice. Now, on the subject of not "judging." Let me ask you... if I see a man about to be hit by a locomotive, would I be judging him for shouting out "Hey, get out of the way of that train!" No, I would be warning him of impending doom.

Christ is, whether you believe it or not, the Son of God, Savior of the world, and source of all love and beauty in the universe. There is no way for sinful man to approach infinite God without the atoning sacrifice of Christ working on their behalf.

TL;DR:

The assbunny lives!

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2016, 01:51:21 AM »
I've heard it all LOL and yet I've still experienced God in my life even if you don't care and reject it.  It changes nothing about me.  

"You're mentally ill MOS."  Ok.  You're mentally ill 10pints.  And?  It's meaningless.  Atheists are steeped in their sin and can't help some of the things that come out of their mouths or through their fingers online.

I've spoken to a bunch of atheists and have had maybe 3 exchanges in which the atheists never insulted me.  Oh yeah, you aren't an atheist.

You feel compelled to highlight passages from a 2000 year old book as fact, and declare perfectly good people are "sinners". It stands to reason that some people may wish to highlight to you that this does appear to be somewhat insane.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2016, 04:25:09 AM »
Hello All,

Fucks sake what's this dirty bastard doing in here,

why the fuck isn't having aids a banable offence?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2016, 04:28:26 AM »
Fucks sake what's this dirty bastard doing in here,

why the fuck isn't having aids a banable offence?

my virus scanner on the PC goes crazy when tbombz posts.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2016, 04:32:45 AM »
I haven't experienced death before and I'm not afraid of it. Our existence is linear and finite - we are born, we live, we die; it's the unidirectional cycle of our life. I just don't see what there is to be afraid of, nor do I see why not cowering in fear at the prospect of my life ending at some point in the future makes a fool.

You are as afraid of dying and what awaits  you as any other person on this planet.  I never said anything about cowering in fear, just afraid.  Just as there are different levels of love or hate, so too are there different levels of fear.  Its okay to not admit it.  This is Getbig, after all where everyone is no homo and as natural as wheatgrass juice mixed with testosterone.  

Of course you will continue to deny it.  You just don't see what there is to be afraid of.  Not yet.  Nothing is as terrifying as nothing.  All the best!

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2016, 04:38:53 AM »

Seldom, but not never? Time will tell if you can continue to control the raging Assbunny that dwells within you.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2016, 04:54:25 AM »
You are as afraid of dying and what awaits  you as any other person on this planet.

Well, seeing how I'm not afraid of dying at all...

I never said anything about cowering in fear, just afraid.  Just as there are different levels of love or hate, so too are there different levels of fear.  Its okay to not admit it.  This is Getbig, after all where everyone is no homo and as natural as wheatgrass juice mixed with testosterone.

Nothing to do with testosterone. Just being rational. Why would I be afraid of death? It's a natural and inescapable part of our life. I'm afraid of dying a painful death, or a pronolonged death. But death itself? No.

Of course you will continue to deny it.

Or I genuinely don't see anything to be afraid of. Novel concept, I know...

You just don't see what there is to be afraid of.

I don't. One moment, I'll be alive, and the next I won't. Just like how one moment I wasn't alive and then I was.

Nothing is as terrifying as nothing.

If that's what  you're afraid, then that's what you're afraid. But don't project your fears on me.