Author Topic: Bostin Loyd done?  (Read 53424 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Bostin Loyd done?
« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2021, 12:28:46 PM »
again, its the enhancement oil that I believe is fucking up kidneys as opposed to the gear

Just one study. It's a combination of things and most are not having renal biopsies. Like left ventricular hypertrophy and arrhythmia's it's happening. 

Secondary focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in bodybuilders
Author:  Ahmed Ramadan Ali, Sherif H.Maroof, Hussein S. Hussein, Ahmed Alsayed, Esmat Fawzy, John Patrick Madda FRC path
Background: Many athletes use high protein diet, high pharmacological doses of androgen anabolic steroids (AASs), growth hormone to enhance their physique, improve achievements. The(AASs)are banned for their effects on immune system, blood, sterility, atherosclerosis, blood pressure, heart, liver, and secondary focal and global glomerulosclerosis.

Objectives: identify pattern, risk factors, etiology, histopathological features, prognosis and management of renal involvement in bodybuilders.

Patients and Methods: This study enrolled (33) male body builders who developed impaired kidney functions, proteinuria and were followed up for (1) year. All patients were subjected to clinical examination, recording of( body mass index(BMI), training sessions/ week, duration, protein intake per/day, creatine and amino acids intake /day, AASs, growth hormone intake/week).Laboratory investigations{HCV antibody, HBV surface and core Ag, HIVAb}, {ANA, anti-ds DNA,C3,C4,CH50}, {serum creatinine, BUN}, total proteins, serum albumin, urine analysis, quantitative 24 hours urinary proteinuria, lipid profile, {ALT,AST}, serum calcium, phosphorus, total vitamin D, serum PTH, TSH and hemoglobin levels. Renal biopsy was performed for all participants and estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR)was done.

Results: Association of secondary focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) in 33 bodybuilders; mean age (31.42y± 1.44), mean BMI (46.18 kg/m2 ±2.51) after long-term abuse of AASs with mean intake (1827.27 mg/wk ±426.66). Clinical presentation included renal insufficiency, mean serum creatinine (527.79 ummol/l ±231), mean proteinuria (19.30 g/d.±5.24). Renal biopsy revealed FSGS and end stage renal disease (ESRD) glomerulomegaly in 33 patients, with tubular atrophy and interstitial fibrosis in 21 of them. Upon follow-up; 12 patients progressed to ESRD and required renal replacement therapy (RRT); 3 were non compliant to medical advice, 9 started (RRT) at time of diagnosis. All patients were prescribed renin-angiotensin system blockers, advised to discontinue (AASs) leading to weight loss, stabilization or improvement in serum creatinine, reduction in proteinuria in the remaining 21 patients.

Conclusion: Increased BMI, abuse of (ASSs), high protein diet carry a great risk for developing ESRD secondary to (FSGS) in bodybuilders.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2021, 01:05:24 PM »
I think it’s all bullshit or at the very least he’s over exaggerating his health issues. Why wouldn’t his wife and family totally freak out? He has a kid and still doesn’t seem to care? I thought he was close to his parents? Don’t they care or doesn’t he listen to them?

He backed himself into a corner. He was never going to be a high level bodybuilder. He’s almost 30 already and hasn’t competed in years. Never stays in shape and even tore his pec, which he didn’t fix with surgery. After all these years of listening to him brag about how much gear he takes and how smart he is about it, we’re now supposed to believe he did all this with a peptide?? Yeah sure

This is just his new angle for his biz and an excuse for him to never compete. He’s a joke

To be fair, his IQ is probably slightly higher than Forrest Gump.

Most bodybuilders are morons with addiction problems.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2021, 01:19:17 PM »
Just one study. It's a combination of things and most are not having renal biopsies. Like left ventricular hypertrophy and arrhythmia's it's happening. 

Secondary focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in bodybuilders
Author:  Ahmed Ramadan Ali, Sherif H.Maroof, Hussein S. Hussein, Ahmed Alsayed, Esmat Fawzy, John Patrick Madda FRC path
Background: Many athletes use high protein diet, high pharmacological doses of androgen anabolic steroids (AASs), growth hormone to enhance their physique, improve achievements. The(AASs)are banned for their effects on immune system, blood, sterility, atherosclerosis, blood pressure, heart, liver, and secondary focal and global glomerulosclerosis.

Objectives: identify pattern, risk factors, etiology, histopathological features, prognosis and management of renal involvement in bodybuilders.

Patients and Methods: This study enrolled (33) male body builders who developed impaired kidney functions, proteinuria and were followed up for (1) year. All patients were subjected to clinical examination, recording of( body mass index(BMI), training sessions/ week, duration, protein intake per/day, creatine and amino acids intake /day, AASs, growth hormone intake/week).Laboratory investigations{HCV antibody, HBV surface and core Ag, HIVAb}, {ANA, anti-ds DNA,C3,C4,CH50}, {serum creatinine, BUN}, total proteins, serum albumin, urine analysis, quantitative 24 hours urinary proteinuria, lipid profile, {ALT,AST}, serum calcium, phosphorus, total vitamin D, serum PTH, TSH and hemoglobin levels. Renal biopsy was performed for all participants and estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR)was done.

Results: Association of secondary focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) in 33 bodybuilders; mean age (31.42y± 1.44), mean BMI (46.18 kg/m2 ±2.51) after long-term abuse of AASs with mean intake (1827.27 mg/wk ±426.66). Clinical presentation included renal insufficiency, mean serum creatinine (527.79 ummol/l ±231), mean proteinuria (19.30 g/d.±5.24). Renal biopsy revealed FSGS and end stage renal disease (ESRD) glomerulomegaly in 33 patients, with tubular atrophy and interstitial fibrosis in 21 of them. Upon follow-up; 12 patients progressed to ESRD and required renal replacement therapy (RRT); 3 were non compliant to medical advice, 9 started (RRT) at time of diagnosis. All patients were prescribed renin-angiotensin system blockers, advised to discontinue (AASs) leading to weight loss, stabilization or improvement in serum creatinine, reduction in proteinuria in the remaining 21 patients.

Conclusion: Increased BMI, abuse of (ASSs), high protein diet carry a great risk for developing ESRD secondary to (FSGS) in bodybuilders.

Jesus wept...

(ps - good to see you back Walt  8))
T

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2021, 01:42:45 PM »
again, its the enhancement oil that I believe is fucking up kidneys as opposed to the gear

It’s both

When you brag about 10+ grams.....

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2021, 01:44:15 PM »
One of the nicest things said to me by Robert Kennedy ...

Fully knowing, at that time, my obsessive desire to become a professional bodybuilder, he said:

“You’ll never be a professional bodybuilder, boy. You’re too smart.”

At the time, I thought, I’ll show him!

Now, some 25 years later, I understand.

On a side note, I miss Bob. Him and I had our issues, but deep down we were fond of one another. The guy was one colourful and unique SOB. Rarely does one encounter his type.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2021, 01:47:22 PM »
Only bodybuilder i know personally that lost a kidney was due to taking too many diuretics. He competed in 3 shows in a very short period of time and damaged his kidneys.

At least that's what he told us. He was a big due who used tons of AAS/Gh/Slin.

He's still fine today and looks good for being almost 50. Hasn't had any problems with his one kidney.

Even on 3g's of combined AAS my kidneys were fine, but i didn't stay on that long. My BP however was terrible.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: January 20, 2021, 04:13:28 PM »
Only bodybuilder i know personally that lost a kidney was due to taking too many diuretics. He competed in 3 shows in a very short period of time and damaged his kidneys.

At least that's what he told us. He was a big due who used tons of AAS/Gh/Slin.

He's still fine today and looks good for being almost 50. Hasn't had any problems with his one kidney.

Even on 3g's of combined AAS my kidneys were fine, but i didn't stay on that long. My BP however was terrible.

10 grams is the sweet spot

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2021, 04:27:36 PM »

Jesus wept...

(ps - good to see you back Walt  8))

Thanks Taff!  I'm in and out depending on the ever changing gulag rules.😅🇺🇸

ElPolloSalmonello

• Getbig III
« Reply #183 on: January 20, 2021, 05:48:02 PM »

Lloyd is blaming a single month of overdoing a single peptide. He doesn't really know what has fucked his kidneys but blaming that peptide is IMO a way to keep his coaching/drug abuse business going.

Anyone who believes his kidneys would be peachy if not for that peptide should consider Mr Anthony.

People are dumb.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #184 on: January 20, 2021, 07:49:01 PM »
Lloyd is blaming a single month of overdoing a single peptide. He doesn't really know what has fucked his kidneys but blaming that peptide is IMO a way to keep his coaching/drug abuse business going.

Anyone who believes his kidneys would be peachy if not for that peptide should consider Mr Anthony.

People are dumb.

You may be right, that it wasn't just that peptide that did it.
However, Bostin may really believe it and people around him are saying it was probably the peptide, like Palumbo, so what do you expect him to think?

He was walking around with high BP for a long time so kidneys may have been compromised, but at the same time do you think this peptide won't damage anyone's kidneys in a month? He was suddenly puking 30 times a day while taking it. Something that gave all animals kidney failure in studies. I wouldn't touch it, that's for sure.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2021, 07:52:35 PM »
You may be right, that it wasn't just that peptide that did it.
However, Bostin may really believe it and people around him are saying it was probably the peptide, like Palumbo, so what do you expect him to think?

He was walking around with high BP for a long time so kidneys may have been compromised, but at the same time do you think this peptide won't damage anyone's kidneys in a month? He was suddenly puking 30 times a day while taking it. Something that gave all animals kidney failure in studies. I wouldn't touch it, that's for sure.

He’s said that he had heart problems too

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2021, 08:20:54 PM »
He’s said that he had heart problems too

Really? I listened to the Leo as well as the Rx but missed it.
Kidney issues can lead to heart issues and viceversa, or they often occur at the same time or close - but he wasn't just guessing, something was up with his heart as well?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2021, 09:13:30 PM »
Really? I listened to the Leo as well as the Rx but missed it.
Kidney issues can lead to heart issues and viceversa, or they often occur at the same time or close - but he wasn't just guessing, something was up with his heart as well?

Rx podcast - 14:35 in or so, he had a high heart rate, self prescribed beta blockers to lower it. At 17:25, he talks his father's heart problem, Palumbo talking about his problems is between those two times.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2021, 09:40:54 PM »

Bostin may not be that smart...but he knows what love is.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2021, 10:15:36 PM »
Nah, highly doubt that. I had noticed his head had swelled up with water a few months ago. When it's that noticeable something's up. It wasn't normal roid bloat.
What would the end game be? Make money? I don't think so.

I would assume his family is pressuring him hard to let go of bodybuilding now. He will vacillate for awhile, perhaps go on TRT for number of months, perhaps do a bit more later and so on.

The Tom Prince post-kidney dialysis program. Lovely. I'm sure it will end well.  ::)

I remember in January 2004, reading in FLEX that Tom Prince stopped for ice cream on the way to the hospital when his doctor explicitly told him he is in kidney failure and needs to see him immediately. Prince said in hindsight, he shouldn't have stopped for the ice cream. Lol, really?

It was that FLEX issue that had the photos of Bob Cicherillo posing with Tom, where Tom's forearms were covered in bandages, probably to cover track marks from main-lining opiates. People photoshopped a bunch of dicks in it...like Tom holding Bob's dick, etc, lol.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2021, 10:29:09 PM »
That's interesting that Dave called himself a health marker nut. It sounds like he's always been that way, so why ever take up high level bodybuilding?

The aorta dissection discussion was interesting. I'm pretty sure actor John Ritter died of that. John Ritter was a bit overweight, but i'm curious now if he did a lot of coke too. Seems like a lot of actors/entertainers do. Just given he died close to his 55th birthday is a bit strange...pretty young. Although I don't know.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2021, 10:35:49 PM »

People are dumb.

This entire thread is a bit depressing, but necessary. It seems like a lot of mainstream sports end up in problems like this. At least the information is out there.

What also sucks about pro bodybuilding is to stop, then lose all the mass. At least with mainstream athletes, most still look like they can perform their respective sport. Meanwhile someone said Tom Prince looked like a shirt in a coat-hanger in his semi-recent Shawn Ray interview.

Shawn Ray seems to be in a good spot. It must suck to build your identity around bodybuilding, then lose it all.

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #192 on: January 20, 2021, 10:43:47 PM »
Stage 5 kidney failure and still running gear, considering at-home dialysis.

Incredible, you can't make this stuff up. True warrior of the coveted thong!

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2021, 11:59:35 PM »
I think Bostin was also was using DNP on and off. Also consumed high amounts of meat. He took tons of orals, diuretics, + clen.

Yes, he was "honest about what he did". But regardless, he's basically an idiot. So it now comes as no surprise at all that he blew out his kidneys.

You can also tell from his heavy breathing that his vascular system is fucked.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2021, 01:24:33 AM »
I think Bostin was also was using DNP on and off. Also consumed high amounts of meat. He took tons of orals, diuretics, + clen.

Yes, he was "honest about what he did". But regardless, he's basically an idiot. So it now comes as no surprise at all that he blew out his kidneys.

You can also tell from his heavy breathing that his vascular system is fucked.

Depressing post/thread, but true. I respected his honesty. I also assumed many pros were running what Bostin ran, but since most pros don't have kidney failure by 28, I guess not. Possibly because he made a schtick of his "honesty", and ran redundant gear cycles, almost on a lark.

His story of getting off the couch, and his heart race skyrocketing concerned me. I can't imagine how worried I would be if that happened. Not that my heart rate never accelerates, but going from rest is racing heart rate within the span of a few seconds is crazy.

I've been avoiding Canada's government healthcare since COVID started, but I think I'm going to ask my doctor to put me on a Holter heart rate monitor.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2021, 01:25:26 AM »

It's in the nature of the sport.

A person with above 110 IQ or so is likely not willing to do jeopardize health and shorten lifespan for a narcissistic idea of being "huge".

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2021, 01:31:05 AM »
It's in the nature of the sport.

A person with above 110 IQ or so is likely not willing to do jeopardize health and shorten lifespan for a narcissistic idea of being "huge".

I think it's related to overthinking everything.

A blessing and a curse, I would say.

For any criticism of Palumbo, he is a smart guy. Yet was something like 318-lb at his peak in 1996, and I remember him doing a speech after a guest posing in 1999 and being very short of breath. Now he lives a lifestyle that a Monk would call ascetic, if he is telling the truth. It makes me wonder how he ever got into bodybuilding, or if some health scare made him so careful as he got older. Or having three kids will do that.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2021, 01:47:51 AM »
8 pages about a veritable kid who has done zippo in bodybuilding except act stupid.

I put him just a tad above Genova .

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #198 on: January 21, 2021, 01:49:54 AM »
Matt with a whopping 6 posts in rapid succesion.  ;D

homebodybuilding

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2021, 01:53:48 AM »
how old is Bostin Loyd? saw his interview with rx muscle. give him less than 5 years  :-\