Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - Emergency Heart Surgery  (Read 14743 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Arnold Schwarzenegger - Emergency Heart Surgery
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2018, 09:05:56 PM »
It's not hard to become a lousy politician in the West.  You just need to have enough money behind you.

Really? Many wealthy people have tried and failed. Nothing is easier than to dimish another person's success when you have no idea what it takes to gain that success. And it is far, far easier to become rich than to be Governor of California. Neither of which you have done.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2018, 09:09:54 PM »
Really? Many wealthy people have tried and failed. Nothing is easier than to dimish another person's success when you have no idea what it takes to gain that success. And it is far, far easier to become rich than to be Governor of California. Neither of which you have done.

It's not hard to become one of the highest paid action stars in Hollywood.... all you need is luck and money....  :)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2018, 09:27:10 PM »
Quote from: Agnostic007 links=topic=644221.msg9020172#msg9020172 date=1523074194
It's not hard to become one of the highest paid action stars in Hollywood.... all you need is luck and money....  :)

Just like Stallone,  Norris, Seagal, Van Damme,  Bruce Lee... :-*

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2018, 01:44:49 AM »
Just like Stallone,  Norris, Seagal, Van Damme,  Bruce Lee... :-*
All of them were mediocre individuals, who lacked charisma, screen presence, physical conditioning, passion and so on...
Just make a two minute video of yourself, watch it, and you'll see, you are the one who lacks all those attributes, not them :)

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2018, 02:54:33 AM »
All of them were mediocre individuals, who lacked charisma, screen presence, physical conditioning, passion and so on...
Just make a two minute video of yourself, watch it, and you'll see, you are the one who lacks all those attributes, not them :)

What on earth are you talking about? I think my comment went waaay over your head.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2018, 04:13:19 AM »
What on earth are you talking about? I think my comment went waaay over your head.
No offense, my ironic post was directed to the original "1derful" poster who thought being an action star or being best in any sport is trivial.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2018, 11:46:44 AM »
Yes arnold has made money and fame, more than any of us. If that is your scale for success your mind is shallow.

what else does he have to do to reach your standards for success "eric"?

i can't think of a man more successful, if you want to argue some billionaire or whatever i'd rather be the best bodybuilder and action star than some guy that spent his entire life working and wearing a suit and tie all day

he made tons of money while having tons of fun and inspiring and entertaining people all over the world, you can't beat that

him going into politics was a mistake, he gave up his perfect life for the suit and tie but him being elected was just another major accomplishment for him

E
E

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2018, 11:59:32 AM »
No offense, my ironic post was directed to the original "1derful" poster who thought being an action star or being best in any sport is trivial.

OK. Got it!

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2018, 12:04:54 PM »
Greatest bodybuilder ever?  Yup. But he's still a fucktard liberal now, so no, I don't give a fook about his health. If he continues down his libtard path, he can go the way of the Dodo for all real conservatives care.  He's the one destroying his "legacy" by sucking up to democraps.  FTN.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2018, 01:24:46 PM »
Yep, Arnold was the greatest bodybuilder. He was the shit in the 1980s action movies. He made a shit ton of money, became a politician. He was all and did all these things. Does not mean I have to like him. Does not mean I cannot criticize him. He was awesome back in his heyday, I will agree. My problem is his hypocracy in telling the world how to live while he sits on his high horse doing the exact opposite.   
   You guys on here who cry because some of us dare to call him out on his shit? You ask what we have done with our lives? What have we accomplished? You state his many accomplishments and money as though it where all that matters in life. Well if that's how you feel then I ask you, what have you done that is so impressive then? By your own standards you are losers because you are not like Arnold.
    Yes guys like Arnold are maybe one in 500 million on earth. That is why none of us will ever be like him in terms of his success. I don't give a rat's ass for him and his ideology. Had he kept his mouth shut and stayed an entertainer he would be more likeable in my opinion. Had he lived his life the way he preaches he would be more admired and believable. As it is the evidence points towards an egotistical, washed up, attention seeking ass. A man who still craves the limelight, yet his own ego has cracked his empire he spent so long building.
h

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2018, 01:31:09 PM »
Yep, Arnold was the greatest bodybuilder. He was the shit in the 1980s action movies. He made a shit ton of money, became a politician. He was all and did all these things. Does not mean I have to like him. Does not mean I cannot criticize him. He was awesome back in his heyday, I will agree. My problem is his hypocracy in telling the world how to live while he sits on his high horse doing the exact opposite.   
   You guys on here who cry because some of us dare to call him out on his shit? You ask what we have done with our lives? What have we accomplished? You state his many accomplishments and money as though it where all that matters in life. Well if that's how you feel then I ask you, what have you done that is so impressive then? By your own standards you are losers because you are not like Arnold.
    Yes guys like Arnold are maybe one in 500 million on earth. That is why none of us will ever be like him in terms of his success. I don't give a rat's ass for him and his ideology. Had he kept his mouth shut and stayed an entertainer he would be more likeable in my opinion. Had he lived his life the way he preaches he would be more admired and believable. As it is the evidence points towards an egotistical, washed up, attention seeking ass. A man who still craves the limelight, yet his own ego has cracked his empire he spent so long building.

Oh please. He has a right to his own opinions. Is there some sort of law that says he has to keep his mouth shut on things he cares about. I don’t listen to the opinions of celebrities to shape my own opinions, but if they want to express their opinions, nobody needs to stop them. It doesn’t make their accomplishments as actors or musicians or bodybuilders or whatever any the less. I don’t like Kid Rock’s views but some of his music is pretty cool. I don’t sit around worrying about whether I like him or dislike him as a person.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2018, 01:36:13 PM »
Oh please. He has a right to his own opinions. Is there some sort of law that says he has to keep his mouth shut on things he cares about. I don’t listen to the opinions of celebrities to shape my own opinions, but if they want to express their opinions, nobody needs to stop them. It doesn’t make their accomplishments as actors or musicians or bodybuilders or whatever any the less. I don’t like Kid Rock’s views but some of his music is pretty cool. I don’t sit around worrying about whether I like him or dislike him as a person.

He can have all the opinions he wants. They are after all like assholes, everybody has one. What Arnold has that most do not is a platform and political history, and cronies to influence to make changes that you and I may some day have to adhere to while guys like him will not have to. See the difference. I do not give a shit about opinions until they are ones that can influence change that I do not agree with.
h

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2018, 01:41:07 PM »
Alpha Arnie ------------> Beta Annie
K

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2018, 02:10:02 PM »

This ^.  Well and thoughtfully stated, sir.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2018, 02:11:21 PM »

It sounds like you have moved off your premise that Arnold isn't considered successful. Good..

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2018, 02:15:38 PM »
It sounds like you have moved off your premise that Arnold isn't considered successful. Good..

It's not that Arnold is not successful, but rather that he's full of shit and wants to crap all over everyone's lawn and then call it "fertilizer".   He's so "green" now...Fuck that noise.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2018, 02:50:07 PM »
Only getbiggers can make something out of nothing lol.

Is Arnold successful? Yes.
Is Arnold rich? Yes
Is Arnold one of the best bodybuilders ever?yes.
Is Arnold a famous action star? Yes.

Whether you agree with his politics or not, does not take away from the above accomplishments. One way or another, I don’t pay any attention to Arnold’s political opinions. I still enjoy his movies.
X

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2018, 02:51:28 PM »
Only getbiggers can make something out of nothing lol.

Is Arnold successful? Yes.
Is Arnold rich? Yes
Is Arnold one of the best bodybuilders ever?yes.
Is Arnold a famous action star? Yes.

Whether you agree with his politics or not, does not take away from the above accomplishments. One way or another, I don’t pay any attention to Arnold’s political opinions. I still enjoy his movies.

Agreed
Well said.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2018, 02:55:37 PM »

Agreed
Well said.

If it wasn’t for getbig I would likely not even know Arnold’s political opinions.

If someone doesn’t like his political opinion either ignore it or protest it.

But what does that have to do with watching Terminator? Lol
X

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2018, 03:06:19 PM »
If it wasn’t for getbig I would likely not even know Arnold’s political opinions.

Likewise I don’t know or remotely care about his political opinion

Personally I see him as being a very successful man in his chosen fields

One of the very best bodybuilders ever
Brought a little know underground “sport” to main stream attention
Boosting the income of pro’s along the way

Went into films & appeared in lead roles in some very entertaining ones
Was probably the highest paid actor at his peak

Then into politics gained 2 terms as governor of California

All this  coming from a small town in Austria & without changing his surname
Plus having his accent.

All in all I’d say that qualifies as doing very well.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2018, 03:09:38 PM »
IF Arnold were able to run for POTUS he'd win....EASILY

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2018, 03:14:27 PM »

He may of done a few years back
Not so sure now

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2018, 03:15:54 PM »

And that's why you're the straw "man".  Arnold exposed himself to more than just the maid.  Conservatives know what he is now.  Fuck his noise.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2018, 03:46:34 PM »
And that's why you're the straw "man".  Arnold exposed himself to more than just the maid.  Conservatives know what he is now.  Fuck his noise.

Republicans are pretty good about holding those types accountable.. :)

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2018, 04:58:19 PM »

Really. Are we going to have political tags on each competitor at the Arnold Classic or at the IFBB Podunk? What the hell do their political opinions have to do with their accomplishments in bodybuilding? Since their number is in front, we could put a T or C on the back of their thong to let us know if they voted for Clinton or Trump.