Author Topic: Spence vs. Porter - Los Angeles - Who will win?  (Read 5847 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: Spence vs. Porter
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2019, 11:18:39 PM »
AS usual,I agree on all counts except I`d still like to see Molina............he`s just my boy.

Hey Robert Easter Jr. is gonna` get tuned up by Adrian Granadois next month.

John Molina is a warrior.  I don't want him to be a tragedy.  There ain't much left.

Easter & Granados is interesting.  Not sure how that one will play out.  I am confident that nobody will be getting tuned up. 

Did any of those streams work out for you tonight?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2019, 11:23:48 PM »
Caleb Plant, underestimated, will beat Benavidez.  Based on what I saw tonight, I agree with you.

Barrios continued the tradition of Mexican fighters with facial defense.  He got a gift tonight.

Manny and Roach laid down the law.  They will fight the winner of Spence vs Crawford.  Basically, they'll fight Crawford for undisputed.  But as we have seen, PBC is putting every road block they can to keep Crawford away from Spence.  Too bad Crawford is on the same side of the street with Fury.  I'd like that scenario with Manny fighting the winner.  Unfortunately, by the time Spence & Crawford fight, Manny will 50 or will have lost in the interim.  I think Manny ends up fighting Spence sometime next year.  Crawford is a BMF.  A welterweight version of the Marvelous One Marvin Hagler.

Thurman is a h@e.  if he had gone to the heavyweight factory in florida and trained his core vs playing injured and hiding from spence, he could have beat spence, given in his best form he is a far superior puncher than porter
Thurman is terrific.  What has held him back from reaching his potential isn't who trains him but rather he shitty level of competition once he left HBO for the PBC and his long bouts of inactivity.  Dan Birmingham is an excellent trainer.
Anyway, nice night of fights.  Agreed!

Great post.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2019, 11:24:06 PM »
NO they all froze up but thanks anyway.

The reason I like guys like Molina,Granados,Josesito Lopez,Lippinets,etc. etc. is that they may not be the best but they always bring it.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2019, 11:24:57 PM »
NO they all froze up but thanks anyway.

The reason I like guys like Molina,Granados,Josesito Lopez,Lippinets,etc. etc. is that they may not be the best but they always bring it.

Absolutely.  These guys are almost Gatti like.  Maybe more like Mickey Ward.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Spence vs. Porter - Los Angeles - Who will win?
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2019, 11:44:04 PM »
I think Benevidez will beat the brakes off of the overhyped Caleb Plant.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2019, 11:49:03 PM »
Absolutely.  These guys are almost Gatti like.  Maybe more like Mickey Ward.
Wanna see a great fight bro.............speaking of Ward ?

Go to youTube and look up Emmanuel Augusts aka Emanuel Burton vs. Mickey Ward................insa ne Gatti Ward like war.

Ypu will not be disappointed and Burton had a record of something like 50-73 but fought on 2 weeks notice a lot,3-4 fights a month etc.

Floyd Mayweather when he was Pretty Boy not Money Mayweather fought him and says to this day that he was the toughest guy he ever fought.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2019, 12:33:54 AM »
Stupidest thing I've ever read in my life.  I am a boxing lifer.  But, begrudgingly the UFC has far surpassed boxing.  The best fight the best.  Consistently in the UFC.  Almost NEVER in boxing. 

That's because da CAGE is where it's at.
Welcome to da top of da food chain  ;)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2019, 01:04:05 AM »
Wanna see a great fight bro.............speaking of Ward ?

Go to youTube and look up Emmanuel Augusts aka Emanuel Burton vs. Mickey Ward................insa ne Gatti Ward like war.

Ypu will not be disappointed and Burton had a record of something like 50-73 but fought on 2 weeks notice a lot,3-4 fights a month etc.

Floyd Mayweather when he was Pretty Boy not Money Mayweather fought him and says to this day that he was the toughest guy he ever fought.

I saw them fights live when they happened.  "The Drunken Master".  Imagine if Augustus/Burton had been handled properly by a real promoter from the word go.  He could have been so much more and made millions.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2019, 01:38:48 AM »
I think Benevidez will beat the brakes off of the overhyped Caleb Plant.

Hopefully, it doesn't take PBC 4 yrs to make the fight.  I think it's a good style match up.  Did anyone see the Joey Spencer fight?  Did he bother working on defense between camps?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2019, 11:01:55 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW8_JWlI_y8

PBC got Spencer a nice 1 Star opponent last night.  Last card 2 Star opponent was piecing him up.  He is still getting Ko'ed when they put him in vs a 3 Star.  Forget 4 or 5 stars. 

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2019, 12:37:45 PM »
how is crawford above canelo?

Crawford has ZERO controversial wins. Has only gotten better and more dominant. Hes the most skillful fighter in the game at the moment.

Canelo has benefitted from questionable judging on more than o e occassion and is a fucking cheat. I love how his positive drug test has been basically forgotten about,  along with his bullshit excuse. He was lucky in his wins over golovkin and Lara.

No doubt hes good but Crawford is better and has dominated minus the controversy.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2019, 01:19:00 PM »
I saw them fights live when they happened.  "The Drunken Master".  Imagine if Augustus/Burton had been handled properly by a real promoter from the word go.  He could have been so much more and made millions.
If he had proper backing,he would have been a star.
''Latests news on him is that on a cold winter night,coming home from the boxing gym on the  city b us,some guy shot him in his head to rob him.

He was flat broke and is now punchy and just sits around talkinhg aboutall his old fights.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2019, 04:13:02 PM »
Tragic.  Hey Wes, do you miss Tuesday Night Fights on the USA network as much as I do?  That show was fucking great.  Also, why hasn't anyone ever picked up "The Champ" Sean O'Grady and the Albert brother that he worked with?  That was a dynamite broadcast duo.  I actually thought Lennox, Goosen and Company showed improvement last night.  Until the main event.  Then they kind of lost their minds a little.

Back to Tuesday Night Fights.  That show had such a variety of fighters and was great for developing followings and bettering young, up and coming fighters.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2019, 05:26:38 PM »
Tragic.  Hey Wes, do you miss Tuesday Night Fights on the USA network as much as I do?  That show was fucking great.  Also, why hasn't anyone ever picked up "The Champ" Sean O'Grady and the Albert brother that he worked with?  That was a dynamite broadcast duo.  I actually thought Lennox, Goosen and Company showed improvement last night.  Until the main event.  Then they kind of lost their minds a little.

Back to Tuesday Night Fights.  That show had such a variety of fighters and was great for developing followings and bettering young, up and coming fighters.

Man those were the days. I'd watch it every Tuesday night like clockwork. ESPN had a weekly boxing show too with Al Bernstein on commentary. Saw some great fights back then.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2019, 05:42:11 PM »

Yes,I do miss Tuesday NighFights.............. ....greart times,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,great fights.

USA Network wasn1t it?Sean OGRady,KEllerman,Atlas.

Shit I go back to the days of the great Howard Cosell.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2019, 05:53:47 PM »
Yes,I do miss Tuesday NighFights.............. ....greart times,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,great fights.

USA Network wasn1t it?Sean OGRady,KEllerman,Atlas.

Shit I go back to the days of the great Howard Cosell.

USA Tuesday night fights was Sean O'Grady and one of the Albert brothers.  It was on from like 1980-1998.  Then in 1998 ESPN2 came out with Friday Night Fights with Kellerman, Atlas, Brian Kenny, etc.  That started out really good and was a good/suitable replacement for Tuesday Night Fights.  But after a few years, ESPN started slashing the boxing budget and it kind of became blah.  I always enjoyed the segments in between fights when they would talk current events in boxing.  Speaking of which, you should catch Max on Boxing.  Half hour show on Fridays at 5pm with Max Kellerman. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2019, 06:07:47 PM »
Marv Albert if I`m not mistaken.

I`m a big Max On Boxing fan bro.

You should check out Teddy Atlas podcasts of YouTube................. ...always very good stuff.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2019, 06:11:24 PM »

You should check out Teddy Atlas podcasts of YouTube................. ...always very good stuff.

Marv Albert is the most famous brother.  He is the one who does major sports on major networks and also got pinched back in the 90's for biting some broad in a hotel room.  LMFAO.  I believe it was Al Albert who worked with Sean.  Kenny Albert does PBC fights.  He isn't terrible except that he looks like he missed out on downs syndrome by a mere chromosome.  :) 

dexitrim

• Getbig II
  • Pacific Northwest till I rest--GO HAWKS!
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2019, 07:53:32 PM »
Marv Albert is the most famous brother.  He is the one who does major sports on major networks and also got pinched back in the 90's for biting some broad in a hotel room.  LMFAO.  I believe it was Al Albert who worked with Sean.  Kenny Albert does PBC fights.  He isn't terrible except that he looks like he missed out on downs syndrome by a mere chromosome.  :) 

^^^^ This lol

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2019, 07:59:36 PM »

His podcasts are excellent.  Did you see the one with J-Rock aka Julian Williams?  Love that guy.  I've been following his trainer Stephen Edwards for about 10 years.  That guy is the truth.  He's in his 40's like me and is like Max Kellerman and Manny Steward rolled into one.  Great trainer like Manny but a student of boxing history like Max. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2019, 08:47:43 PM »
His podcasts are excellent.  Did you see the one with J-Rock aka Julian Williams?  Love that guy.  I've been following his trainer Stephen Edwards for about 10 years.  That guy is the truth.  He's in his 40's like me and is like Max Kellerman and Manny Steward rolled into one.  Great trainer like Manny but a student of boxing history like Max. 
Saw that J=Rock onegreat kid with a ton of cash from investing in real estate.................. ........SMART !!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2019, 08:49:03 PM »
^^^^ This lol
I got a chuckle outa this one too! LOL  ;D

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2019, 10:01:35 AM »
Crawford has ZERO controversial wins. Has only gotten better and more dominant. Hes the most skillful fighter in the game at the moment.

Canelo has benefitted from questionable judging on more than o e occassion and is a fucking cheat. I love how his positive drug test has been basically forgotten about,  along with his bullshit excuse. He was lucky in his wins over golovkin and Lara.

No doubt hes good but Crawford is better and has dominated minus the controversy.

Canelo could have put a cap on a lot of naysayers if he had taken the undisputed fight against Andrade vs. dropping belts to get out of it.  Personally, I think he is too flat-footed and short while Andrade has a crazy wingspan, is a southpaw but moves more like FMW (very flexible and bends well at the waist) instead of Lara (excellent feet in his prime but a bit straight up).   Andrade would have smoked Canelo, forcing Golden Boy to scramble and rig the cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV2IsLZl5ww

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2019, 03:30:33 PM »
Canelo could have put a cap on a lot of naysayers if he had taken the undisputed fight against Andrade vs. dropping belts to get out of it.  Personally, I think he is too flat-footed and short while Andrade has a crazy wingspan, is a southpaw but moves more like FMW (very flexible and bends well at the waist) instead of Lara (excellent feet in his prime but a bit straight up).   Andrade would have smoked Canelo, forcing Golden Boy to scramble and rig the cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV2IsLZl5ww

Doubt anyone smokes Canelo, but Andrade may very well have beaten him.  He could have been to Canelo what Vernon Forrest was to Shane Mosley.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2019, 06:07:20 PM »
Doubt anyone smokes Canelo, but Andrade may very well have beaten him.  He could have been to Canelo what Vernon Forrest was to Shane Mosley.

You can spin doctor any Canelo fight b/c of his Mexican fanbase (dumbasses were calling Lara's wife after the fight!).  Lara/Canelo was scored via FMW stats 7-3-2 rounds with Lara landing 113-24 upstairs but Canelo Card was 117-111.  I say Andrade would have boxed his ears off.  By the end of fight Oscar snorting coke.