Author Topic: Coronavirus - COVID19 - I just got tested for it  (Read 11225 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: COVID19
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2020, 03:34:48 PM »
Moron is my new default for everyone on here that doesn't agree with me.

I'm interested in hearing the reason why you think what I said  it's flawed, as there are several different arguments that can easily be put forward.

It is possible I misunderstood what you wrote. Assuming I did not, this is my reason for saying your thought was flawed:

Assuming there is a relationship between good health and life span, would not a shorter life mean that the onset of age related compromised health also occur at a younger age? My take is that you meant since people did not live as long there would be much fewer getting sick and/or dying from covid.

It is my opinion that there indeed would have been fewer cases and fatalities in terms of the actual number of people This would be because the population was much less and perhaps because fewer people lived in crowded conditions. It would not be because they didn't live as long. Percentage-wise the relative number of those getting sick and dying would actually have been greater because medical science is more advanced now then it was in earlier times.

Since we cannot change history and a far as we know covid did not exist, this issue makes almost no difference in today's prevention and treatment today. I am not sure what we would learn from exploring this.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2020, 03:40:01 PM »
?  Jesus did not have Covid-19

seems he died of an overlying condition
c

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2020, 03:42:46 PM »
seems he died of an overlying condition

Such as exposure to extreme conditions, dehydration and perhaps blood loss.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2020, 07:44:08 AM »
There are more 7.8 billion people on this planet, approx 330 million in the US. Do the math. It’s a glorified flu and at this point it’s 100% political

you are probably old enough to remember this

c

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2020, 08:39:29 AM »
It is possible I misunderstood what you wrote. Assuming I did not, this is my reason for saying your thought was flawed:

Assuming there is a relationship between good health and life span, would not a shorter life mean that the onset of age related compromised health also occur at a younger age? My take is that you meant since people did not live as long there would be much fewer getting sick and/or dying from covid.

It is my opinion that there indeed would have been fewer cases and fatalities in terms of the actual number of people This would be because the population was much less and perhaps because fewer people lived in crowded conditions. It would not be because they didn't live as long. Percentage-wise the relative number of those getting sick and dying would actually have been greater because medical science is more advanced now then it was in earlier times.

Since we cannot change history and a far as we know covid did not exist, this issue makes almost no difference in today's prevention and treatment today. I am not sure what we would learn from exploring this.

Here's where your logic is flawed. It's the bodies immune system that's helping the vast majority people recover from covid infections, not medical science.

The ageing process results in a weakening of the immune system, so a 70 yearold will naturally have a weaker immune system than a 50 yearold even if both are in perfect health for their age.

Modern medicine wouldn't have made a huge difference to lifespans a 100+ years ago. Shorter lifespans were because of a lack of understanding regarding hygiene, a lack of clean water, poor sanitation, poor work conditions, lack of nutrition etc. There are also no magic life extending drugs, most modern drugs are used to treat lifestyle illnesses.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2020, 09:03:31 AM »

you are probably old enough to remember this

Spanish flu was so bad because the world had just got through 4 years of war, every fucker was malnourished and underfed, peoples immune systems were fucked

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2020, 09:34:03 AM »
How is it political

Do the politicans of gambia, pakistan, usa, china, italy and south korea meet up in secret and talk strategies or how does it work

If you take a good look....You can come to the conclusion that the world is almost fully controlled from a few centers in powerful countries ( USA,China,Russia etc )

All the lesser countries,and the weak ones,have governments thst are under a great deal of globalist control.

You can see that from the almost unanimous scenarios,rhetoric,fearmongering and measures taken in almost the entire world.

The scenarios are almost exactly the same.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
Re: COVID19 - I just got tested for it
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2020, 09:48:16 AM »
I just got tested for COVID19. I may have been directly exposed.

I will battle on!

You won’t be missed.

By anyone.

Buh-bye.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2020, 09:58:27 AM »
Spanish flu was so bad because the world had just got through 4 years of war, every fucker was malnourished and underfed, peoples immune systems were fucked

possibly, similar malnourishment and weakened immune systems proceeded WW2.
it (Spanish Flu) arose quiet late in the war and possibly in Kansas which may explain why more US soldiers were killed by it the war itself
The picture posted broadly shows the death rate in relation to quarantine regulations by the various listed cities 
c

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2020, 10:03:09 AM »
If you take a good look....You can come to the conclusion that the world is almost fully controlled from a few centers in powerful countries ( USA,China,Russia etc )

All the lesser countries,and the weak ones,have governments thst are under a great deal of globalist control.

You can see that from the almost unanimous scenarios,rhetoric,fearmongering and measures taken in almost the entire world.

The scenarios are almost exactly the same.

The problem with these type of scenarios is that in order to explain or back up a statement, you need to involve more and more people.

And we're not talking about a few people from the same goverment institutions, we are talking about dozen of thousands of politicians, scientists, physicians, experts, etc, from all across the world.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2020, 10:03:34 AM »
possibly
it arose quiet late in the war and possibly in Kansas which may explain why more US soldiers were killed by it the war itself
The picture posted broadly shows the death rate in relation to quarantine regulations by the various listed cities
it happened in the year after the war, people were on their arses, cities were destroyed, sanitation and food supplies were decimated.. people with a healthy immune system have nothing to worry about from flu

Some people have never even shown flu symptoms in their lives, its not because they didnt catch it, its because their bodies deal with it

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2020, 10:05:04 AM »
The problem with these type of scenarios is that in order to explain or back up a statement, you need to involve more and more people.

And we're not talking about a few people from the same goverment institutions, we are talking about dozen of thousands of politicians, scientists, physicians, expert, etc, from all across the world.

everyone takes advice from the WHO.. as long as these people are calling the shots its easy to control multiple nations economies

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2020, 10:12:03 AM »
it happened in the year after the war, people were on their arses, cities were destroyed, sanitation and food supplies were decimated.. people with a healthy immune system have nothing to worry about from flu

Some people have never even shown flu symptoms in their lives, its not because they didnt catch it, its because their bodies deal with it

It was called Spanish flu as wartime censorship meant that the media of the warring countries could  not report of cases in their countries but were able to report cases in Spain as media was less censored there
c

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2020, 10:34:42 AM »
everyone takes advice from the WHO.. as long as these people are calling the shots its easy to control multiple nations economies

Countries have their own experts.

They do not blindly follow WHO's recommendations. In fact, the WHO:

- is calling or an extension of the quarantine in many Southamerican countries.
- claims herd immunity is not proven for Covid-19.
- claims rate of infection must be lower than 1 in order to reactivate the economy.
- etc.

Most Southamerican countries are not paying attention to these and many others WHO guidelines.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2020, 11:56:17 AM »
The lockdown is insanity. In South Carolina you have a 7X greater chance of being killed in a car wreck.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2020, 12:09:30 PM »
Countries have their own experts.

They do not blindly follow WHO's recommendations. In fact, the WHO:

- is calling or an extension of the quarantine in many Southamerican countries.
- claims herd immunity is not proven for Covid-19.
- claims rate of infection must be lower than 1 in order to reactivate the economy.
- etc.

Most Southamerican countries are not paying attention to these and many others WHO guidelines.
the UK has Dominic Cummings, a political strategist who makes the final decision regardless of the science..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2020, 12:18:04 PM »
Here's where your logic is flawed. It's the bodies immune system that's helping the vast majority people recover from covid infections, not medical science.

The ageing process results in a weakening of the immune system, so a 70 yearold will naturally have a weaker immune system than a 50 yearold even if both are in perfect health for their age.

Modern medicine wouldn't have made a huge difference to lifespans a 100+ years ago. Shorter lifespans were because of a lack of understanding regarding hygiene, a lack of clean water, poor sanitation, poor work conditions, lack of nutrition etc. There are also no magic life extending drugs, most modern drugs are used to treat lifestyle illnesses.

There's a good chance that neither of us is completely correct with regards people living longer. https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20181002-how-long-did-ancient-people-live-life-span-versus-longevity.

A couple of things you mentioned are correct according to what science knows thus far. Our immune systems do weaken as we age. Good hygiene, lifestyle and medical advancements all contribute to how long we live and how long we remain healthy. 

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2020, 12:24:56 PM »
There's a good chance that neither of us is completely correct with regards people living longer. https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20181002-how-long-did-ancient-people-live-life-span-versus-longevity.

A couple of things you mentioned are correct according to what science knows thus far. Our immune systems do weaken as we age. Good hygiene, lifestyle and medical advancements all contribute to how long we live and how long we remain healthy.

Immunity does decrease with aging but current research is about to reverse that as well:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3582124/

So yeah, there will be "magic life extending drugs".

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2020, 12:32:13 PM »

And that's why I presented it as a way of looking at a particular set of circumstances and not as a universal fact or theory.

Looking at the covid situation in parts gives you very different picture than looking at it as a whole.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2020, 01:37:57 PM »
Get my results tomorrow.

Rory is so worried.  :-[ :-[ :'( :'(
X

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2020, 01:40:01 PM »
Get my results tomorrow.

Best to you.

Were you nasally raped or did you have one of the more refined tests?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2020, 02:18:08 PM »
Best to you.

Were you nasally raped or did you have one of the more refined tests?

Thank you, kind sir!

Nasally. It felt like it tickled my brain. I wonder why they have to go so far up into the nose to get a sample?  ???

X

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2020, 02:20:48 PM »
Thank you, kind sir!

Nasally. It felt like it tickled my brain. I wonder why they have to go so far up into the nose to get a sample?  ???

Higher viral load which should give a more accurate test result

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2020, 02:29:39 PM »
Get my results tomorrow.

Tell him to imagine good results. The only negativity you need right now is the test result being negative for COVID-19.

You may not remember or know this, but my daughter was informed a few weeks ago that her physical therapist had the virus. Talk about close contact. As a result she got tested. While waiting for the results, she had a headache and felt sick. When she found out she was negative for the virus, she miraculously and instantly felt well. Talk about the sometimes dangerous power of suggestion.

Be positive that you will test negative.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2020, 03:29:52 PM »
Thank you, kind sir!

They want to keep the Torquemadas employed.  :P  Seriously, though, it is what it is for now, but
I've heard that a simple nasal swab or blood test are available.