Author Topic: Very few pretty girls in gyms.  (Read 5849 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Very few pretty girls in gyms.
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2020, 12:38:44 PM »
Yes, and this is the reason why I have no sympathy, whatsoever, for the current young people. Young people in the 80's and 90's were strives and achievers. Those that came of age in the early 90's recession whined about it a little (which is what grunge music was) but then got off their asses and did stuff on their own by the end of the 90's. Today's young people do absolutely nothing to improve themselves and their lives. This is the mentality that underlies leftist political ideology. Leftism is a garbage ideology to anyone with an ounce of self-respect and self-motivation.
Their parents and teachers have taught them that they have no reason to strive for anything.  They actually believe the Earth will be uninhabitable in 15 years so what's the point?  Left wing ideology will be our downfall.

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2020, 12:50:55 PM »

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2020, 12:59:31 PM »
F

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2020, 01:14:01 PM »
A lot of people blame the schools. But the schools were in full commie mode even when I was in high school, and we never bought into the crap. In fact, we rebelled against it. Global warming has been a thing since the late 80's and who can forget the 70's when there were pronouncements everyday about how we were going to pollute ourselves to death by 2000 and the whole "limits to growth" mantra. Anybody remember acid rain? The movie "Soylent Green" is representative of this mentality. Yes, this has intensified somewhat. But there has not been a profound change in the schools since the mid 70's.

One explanation is the helicopter parenting. I was a "latch key" kid, as well as my entire generation. We learned to be comfortable being alone and having to work stuff out on our own. I, for one, liked it, especially when I became a teenager.

Today's kids have parents hovering over them like helicopters all the time. I think this is the biggest explanation for what we see today. Government is the surrogate parent for the helicopter parenting kids. Oh, then there's the bid about the participation trophies. We never had these when I was a kid.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2020, 01:22:37 PM »
When guys like us start going to the gym, the hot girls change gyms.
I suspect  chronic farting accelerates their exodus. :o

Hope this helps.

Can you ever post anything that isn't fucking retarded? You were a teacher - no surprise the kids these days are cucks.

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2020, 01:31:04 PM »
Pretty much saw the same thing at Lifetime Fitness in a suburb of Phoenix before I left two years ago. Most millennial guys live on XBox and eat junk food while the women try to look like dykes. The hotties at the gym were mostly 40+ divorcees

That's a disappointment.  Phoenix, and the sun belt in general, was generally known for its hot women during the 80's, 90's, and 00's. There used to be a gym called Bouvey's (spelling?) in Phoenix that was full of hot women working out. Lots of guys on "gear" as well. I'm sure this chain (there were several of them in the valley of the sun) doesn't exist anymore.

The 24 hour fitness's in my area have gradually decline in this regard as well over the last 15 years.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2020, 03:11:40 PM »
When I lived in San Diego I trained at World Gym in Pacific Beach.  During the hours of 5-8pm there were lots of VERY beautiful women working out there.  It was hard to concentrate on the workout. 

No women workout with weights at my ghetto gym in Philly... only a few land whales walking the treadmills.

World Gym used to be a great place to train. Would see Nasser there all of the time. There's new owners and now it's called "The Gym". I've lived in PB over 25 years now

"That's what I love about these Pacific Beach girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age"

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2020, 03:14:32 PM »
A lot of people blame the schools. But the schools were in full commie mode even when I was in high school, and we never bought into the crap. In fact, we rebelled against it. Global warming has been a thing since the late 80's and who can forget the 70's when there were pronouncements everyday about how we were going to pollute ourselves to death by 2000 and the whole "limits to growth" mantra. Anybody remember acid rain? The movie "Soylent Green" is representative of this mentality. Yes, this has intensified somewhat. But there has not been a profound change in the schools since the mid 70's.

One explanation is the helicopter parenting. I was a "latch key" kid, as well as my entire generation. We learned to be comfortable being alone and having to work stuff out on our own. I, for one, liked it, especially when I became a teenager.

Today's kids have parents hovering over them like helicopters all the time. I think this is the biggest explanation for what we see today. Government is the surrogate parent for the helicopter parenting kids. Oh, then there's the bid about the participation trophies. We never had these when I was a kid.

Good points.

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2020, 04:27:11 PM »
When I lived in Thousand Oaks (T.O>) in the late 80's, I went to a gym called "Body Focus", and it truly lived up to its name, body focus. There were more hot women in there than you could shake a stick it. This was when I started working out seriously. Most of the members there were late teens through late 20's. There were a smattering of people in their 30's (one English woman, 32 years old, who was a true "10" despite having two kids) and a few middle-age. Body Focus was known as the "meat market" of T.O. and was just like if they depicted in gym in one of the night-times soaps at the time like Knots Landing. I have never been to a gym like that ever since. The entire town of T.O. was like that. You go to the El Toritos to eat or even to the grocery store and you saw hot women. I have never experienced a place/time like that ever since. Then there was the "Red Onion" chain of dance places. Those of you in SoCal at the time will remember those.

Sometimes I wonder if the 80's was "peak beauty".

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2020, 04:36:29 PM »
World Gym used to be a great place to train. Would see Nasser there all of the time. There's new owners and now it's called "The Gym". I've lived in PB over 25 years now

"That's what I love about these Pacific Beach girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age"

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2020, 05:57:54 PM »
That is a good point about the younger generation not caring about looking good.  Even on tv being scrawny or fat is preferred.  Look at cartoons like Family Guy and Bob's Burgers.  I know a guy who is a teacher and he is surprised how dirty and unkempt many high school kids are today with no desire to exercise or even better themselves at all.  It's the trophy generation where everyone is perfect no matter what.

Actually, I would think it would be the opposite, and at least that's what I've been reading. With the advent of social media, especially Instagram, more people than ever, especially women, are absolutely obsessed with their looks and appearance like never before.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2020, 07:21:16 PM »
Can you ever post anything that isn't fucking retarded? You were a teacher - no surprise the kids these days are cucks.

X2. I don't know what is with this guy. He's pushing 60 but still acts like a 3rd grader. He's so desperate to be accepted and appear funny and entertaining which I guess would work if we were all 8 years old. Fart jokes play well in the demographics. But man, this guy beyond lame. Just eye-rolling, face slapping, lame.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2020, 07:35:01 PM »
Yes, and this is the reason why I have no sympathy, whatsoever, for the current young people. Young people in the 80's and 90's were strives and achievers. Those that came of age in the early 90's recession whined about it a little (which is what grunge music was) but then got off their asses and did stuff on their own by the end of the 90's. Today's young people do absolutely nothing to improve themselves and their lives. This is the mentality that underlies leftist political ideology. Leftism is a garbage ideology to anyone with an ounce of self-respect and self-motivation.

Whatever the underlying cause, it seems to have happened in only the last 10 years or so. I ran a testing lab during the early noughts where we hired engineering students from the local university. Everyone of the students who worked for me was really, really good. They were smart, conscientious, and had strong work ethic. When ever they graduated and I was called by a prospective employer, I enthusiastically recommended the applicant in question. Now admittedly, these were engineering students, suggesting a bias effect and that I was seeing the cream of the crop. Nonetheless, these guys were good.

I have not worked with many young people since. In terms of appearance, politics, and crazy shit I read on the internet, I think '12-'13 was an inflection point where everything started down hill. Maybe I shouldn't say here. But '13 is the high school graduation year of those born in '95 and it was during that time that the childhood vaccine schedule was radically increased. This is also when they started vaccinating infants younger than one year old. If the cause really is bio-chemical, perhaps I should be a bit more sympathetic to the young people today.

I think a lot of it has to do with their parents and upbringing. Parents today seem more concerned with being liked and appearing cool to their kids and their friends. It seems like being know as the "cool dad" or "cool mom" is the ultimate compliment. You want to be more of a peer and a friend than as an authority figure. Just the fact that most adults want kids to refer to them by their first name rather than mister or sir. When I was a kid the idea that I would ever refer to anyone my dad's age by their first name never entered my head and would seem awkward if they asked me to call them by their first name.

Parents don't push their kids to grow up and get on with it any more. One guy I work with has a son that works part time as a cook for Ruby Tuesdays and when I asked him how old he was he told me he is 27 years old. He isn't going to school or anything so I asked m friend if he ever wonders about his future. They lived in a fairly nice home but it's rented. Does his son ever thinks about what he wants to do with his life. My friend just shrugged and said that he seems happy enough. Well, of course, he works part time, lives rent free and has his food and laundry taken care of. He only has to pay for his phone and gas for his car.

One of my nephews is 27 years old and a civil engineer making a bit over 60 grand a year. Still lives at home. Another nephew is a fireman whose girlfriend, a full time flight attendant, just had a baby and they still live with his parents. Parents today don't really seem to push their kids anymore. Back in my day (a phrase I'm using more and more as I get older), we couldn't wait to get out on our own even if meant living in a one room dump driving a jalopy. It was the independence we wanted and to get out from under our parents thumb.

BTW, you have use the word, "nought" twice now. I don't know what that means. Where are you from?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2020, 07:51:33 PM »

BTW, you have use the word, "nought" twice now. I don't know what that means. Where are you from?

If memory serves me, I believe it to be an older spelling of "naught", which means  "nothing".

But I've been incorrect before when it comes to such things!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2020, 09:18:46 PM »
If memory serves me, I believe it to be an older spelling of "naught", which means  "nothing".

But I've been incorrect before when it comes to such things!

No, with the possible exception of Kahn.N.Singh, you probably have the most broad as well as most colorful vocabulary on this board. Some the terms you have come up with is just masterful. As I have frequently bemoaned the lack of basic skills in grammar, punctuation, spelling and basic writing skills I have a special appreciation for those that can construct  at least a somewhat coherent sentence. Liberal and creative use of adjectives and adverbs is an unexpected bonus that make reading posts such as yours pure pleasure.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2020, 09:37:38 PM »
No, with the possible exception of Kahn.N.Singh, you probably have the most broad as well as most colorful vocabulary on this board. Some the terms you have come up with is just masterful. As I have frequently bemoaned the lack of basic skills in grammar, punctuation, spelling and basic writing skills I have a special appreciation for those that can construct  at least a somewhat coherent sentence. Liberal and creative use of adjectives and adverbs is an unexpected bonus that make reading posts such as yours pure pleasure.
Meltdown.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2020, 09:57:08 PM »
Meltdown.

God, you really have digressed. You use to have a few brief moments of wit but this is all you have left. The same old platitude that is now used far, far beyond it's original scope and meaning.

Shizzo, you're not stupid. You really want to just waste your life and just passively accept your life and this compromised and reduced perpetual state of mediocrity? You could be so much better. Get it together. Start by just losing weight and stop being this fat, lazy, unambitious slob. You will find that things will start to come together.

If Josh can do it. So can you.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2020, 04:55:39 AM »
Actually, I would think it would be the opposite, and at least that's what I've been reading. With the advent of social media, especially Instagram, more people than ever, especially women, are absolutely obsessed with their looks and appearance like never before.
Most who are obsessed with looks just get surgery or use drugs.  Look at all the fat acceptance and the glorification of weakness and disability in our culture.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2020, 08:57:13 AM »
Pretty much saw the same thing at Lifetime Fitness in a suburb of Phoenix before I left two years ago. Most millennial guys live on XBox and eat junk food while the women try to look like dykes. The hotties at the gym were mostly 40+ divorcees

Fucking love 40+ divorced women.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2020, 09:08:34 AM »

"The Gym"... stupid name.  I guess they could not longer afford the franchise fees.  I haven't been there since 2014.  I saw Nasser there in the early/mid 2000's, but he looked like shit.  Also saw Tony Pearson and Jean-Paul training there a few times.  Jay Cutler trained there when he was in town, he was friends with lil Derek Farnsworth.  After we were done training, we'd all go to the Mexican restaurant across the street on Mission Bay Dr... can't remember the name of the place, but they had great food... they had a salmon burrito that was awesome.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2020, 09:36:18 AM »
The hottest chicks I've ever seen entering and leaving a gym was Equinox in Santa Monica.  I was there for work and was having lunch at a place right outside of Equinox.  The female talent coming and going was unfuckingbelievable.  Chicks in full body spandex with the most amazing physiques, face, ass, tits, everything.  It was something else.  you also pay $100+ per month to workout there and I think the Santa Monica one had a waiting list to sign up.

Abelard Lindsey

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2020, 10:38:50 AM »
I think a lot of it has to do with their parents and upbringing. Parents today seem more concerned with being liked and appearing cool to their kids and their friends. It seems like being know as the "cool dad" or "cool mom" is the ultimate compliment. You want to be more of a peer and a friend than as an authority figure. Just the fact that most adults want kids to refer to them by their first name rather than mister or sir. When I was a kid the idea that I would ever refer to anyone my dad's age by their first name never entered my head and would seem awkward if they asked me to call them by their first name.

Parents don't push their kids to grow up and get on with it any more. One guy I work with has a son that works part time as a cook for Ruby Tuesdays and when I asked him how old he was he told me he is 27 years old. He isn't going to school or anything so I asked m friend if he ever wonders about his future. They lived in a fairly nice home but it's rented. Does his son ever thinks about what he wants to do with his life. My friend just shrugged and said that he seems happy enough. Well, of course, he works part time, lives rent free and has his food and laundry taken care of. He only has to pay for his phone and gas for his car.

One of my nephews is 27 years old and a civil engineer making a bit over 60 grand a year. Still lives at home. Another nephew is a fireman whose girlfriend, a full time flight attendant, just had a baby and they still live with his parents. Parents today don't really seem to push their kids anymore. Back in my day (a phrase I'm using more and more as I get older), we couldn't wait to get out on our own even if meant living in a one room dump driving a jalopy. It was the independence we wanted and to get out from under our parents thumb.

This is also a very good point. I've noticed that as well. That parents want to be "cool" among their kids. I think this is a lack of maturity on the part of the parents themselves. Possibly it is an attempt to cling to their own youthfulness as well. I never expected to witness a large percentage of an American generation to live with their parents through much of adulthood. This trend has taken me by surprise over the past 10 years. However, the Federal Reserve  bubble driven increases in housing costs over the past 20 years has to be a major factor in this.  The huge run-up in university education costs coupled with credential inflation is also a factor in this.

I use the "nought" to describe the nought's, which is the most convenient word for the first decade of the 21st century.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2020, 12:04:00 PM »
I live in a town where there are not a large amount of pretty girls. So in my gym there is rarely a pretty girl in the gym. I went to college and also realized the same thing. Most of the pretty girls are running outside. Do you all notice this too? The hottest chicks no longer go to the gym, or is this just me? What happened? Is being built no longer in?

Try YOGA classes,  ;)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2020, 02:30:06 PM »

Try YOGA classes,  ;)
Try being a yoga instructor.  You'd probably get laid like a rock star.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2020, 03:40:28 PM »
I wouldn't go to a gym to meet women.  Didn't do that in the 70s and wouldn't do it now.   Just speak to them in the real world, not in some mirrored den-of-the-selfies...FTN. The gym is for exercise, not "sexercise", again, FTN.

Why is it that so many "men" these days are skeered to speak to a woman?  If she isn't interested move on regardless of the reason(s).