Author Topic: LMAO @ bitter old farts whining about how BB "peaked" in the 70s and 80s !!  (Read 12610 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
We tend to overestimate how much women are into big muscles. In my experience, they like a toned fit guy but peak Rory would be over the top and off putting even with that face.

Back in the day I used to ask women which guy they thought had a great body. The most common answer I got was David Lee Roth. This was back in the 80s when he was in his prime.

You can be big or ripped but you can't be both.

"Once you get too big or too ripped, most women find it kind of gross. In the off-season when I thought I was fat, I've had girls tell me, 'Oh my God, you look perfect like this!' Then when I'm a week out from a show and shredded with veins everywhere, they think it's gross and will tell me, 'That's too much; I don't like that.'" - Chris Bumstead, 2021 Physique Olympia Champion, Muscular Development, March 2021 issue, page 113.

I remember in high school when I was sharing an IronMan article with a classmate after we'd just finished training. A girl came by to talk to him and saw a pic of one of bodybuilders and said that was "disgusting". Then she saw a pic of another guy in the same magazine and thought that man looked gorgeous.

The problem was: IT WAS THE SAME GUY, Berry DeMey. The first pic was DeMey in contest shape with blonde hair. The second pic was The Flexing Dutchman in off-season trim with his unbleached brown hair.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Would you pork guys in the ass (like oldgolds career) to look like that though?

What? Serilously? He did G4P?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
What? Serilously? He did G4P?

Apparently he porked guys asses but no mention of cash changing hands. Might have been pro bono work.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Apparently he porked guys asses but no mention of cash changing hands. Might have been pro bono work.

Or pro boner work.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
The pic with Rory in the gym with long hair is the best looking male ever (no homo).  He looked like Tarzan.  Women probably walked up to him in the gym and on the street and asked him for sex.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Rory must be doing something right to look this good at 62.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer

Skin looks tight especially in the abdomen. Must never stray out of shape.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s

Dave D

• Getbig V

Steroid using cheater!

Fake muscles!

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Would you please elaborate this "peak" on this pic? :D

There is a blob of a retarded slob on the left side of the comparison photo.  Some here call it the "G.O.A.T.".   "Naaaaaahhhhh"...  More like goat fucker. 

On the right we see what a man that trains with weights should look like.  When taking steroids.  I'm not going to put up the best representation what of a man that is is a bodybuilder that doesn't take steroids looks like.  Two words.

Steve Reeves.

And for the record?  I'm not bitter.  I'm real bitter. 

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
In my opinion, bodybuilding has been going downhill since 1995 or 1996.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
In my opinion, bodybuilding has been going downhill since 1995 or 1996.
Somewhere around that time.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
 :(

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Bodybuilding back in the day was even less of a sport.
Think about it, if you didn't have "it" there was nothing you could do, it was all genes, gaining mass wasn't possible due to technology.
Today a less genetically gifted can compensate via more drugs, more food, harder training. Even today it's not a sport, it's a beauty pageant, but there are more aspect where you can compensate for genes, there's more of an actually competitive aspect to it.

What could anyone do to beat Steve Reeves? Nothing, if he was "perfect" why even have a show. Even today, in the "classic" category it's mostly genes, either you have the structure or you don't. Back in the day there was even more of a faggotry aspect to it, as we have guys here commenting on Steve Reeves' beautiful face.

If you think guys today look like shit, that's fine.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Bodybuilding back in the day was even less of a sport.
Think about it, if you didn't have "it" there was nothing you could do, it was all genes, gaining mass wasn't possible due to technology.
Today a less genetically gifted can compensate via more drugs, more food, harder training.

What could anyone do to beat Steve Reeves? Nothing, if he was "perfect" why even have a show.

You could gain mass simply by eating more. But only those who could do so without turning into sumo wrestlers could make it.

At least, that was the case when guys weren't required to be super ripped. In fact, competitors used to get marked down and penalized for such (i.e. Vince Gironda).

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
You could gain mass simply by eating more. But only those who could do so without turning into sumo wrestlers could make it.

At least, that was the case when guys weren't required to be super ripped. In fact, competitors used to get marked down and penalized for such (i.e. Vince Gironda).

I wonder if Gironda being marked down for being too ripped was an excuse for something else. Might have been that he had a goofy looking body and judges couldn't quite put their finger on what was wrong.
That Gironda had that shape to his muscles was also mostly not due to his training style. All lower pecs. Thin legs that had no sweep. He claimed he had no sweep due to how he trained but that's BS. He said the legs should have uniform thickness top to bottom. All genes.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Affemans favorite bodybuilder.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
I wonder if Gironda being marked down for being too ripped was an excuse for something else. Might have been that he had a goofy looking body and judges couldn't quite put their finger on what was wrong.
That Gironda had that shape to his muscles was also mostly not due to his training style. All lower pecs. Thin legs that had no sweep. He claimed he had no sweep due to how he trained but that's BS. He said the legs should have uniform thickness top to bottom. All genes.

Gironda used to use in his marketing that he was penalized for being "too muscular".  What that really means, is that he didn't have enough size.  No disrespect to Gironda intended.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Gironda used to use in his marketing that he was penalized for being "too muscular".  What that really means, is that he didn't have enough size.  No disrespect to Gironda intended.

Haha yes. "Muscularity" meant being ripped somehow too.
I never figured out that term. Didn't they used to have a muscularity round in the IFBB? Pros were confused because sometimes a small guy would win and sometimes the biggest  :D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
Gironda meant he was too ripped for the judges.  It wasn't in style then.

Gironda was near the top in his day but no way was he going to beat his competition of Grimek, Reeves, or Ross or some of the other all-time greats of the time.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
Gironda meant he was too ripped for the judges.  It wasn't in style then.

Gironda was near the top in his day but no way was he going to beat his competition of Grimek, Reeves, or Ross or some of the other all-time greats of the time.

If he was that "ripped" but had 18" arms, he would have done just fine.  Did he ever compete against any of those people you mentioned?

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
If he was that "ripped" but had 18" arms, he would have done just fine.  Did he ever compete against any of those people you mentioned?
He competed against Ross and Pearl but not against Grimek and Reeves.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
SF’s Rory?
No.  The heterosexual fella.