Author Topic: 5 days out first NPC show Advice?  (Read 45809 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: 5 days out first NPC show Advice?
« Reply #625 on: August 14, 2021, 03:40:36 PM »
They had us do a pose off for the over 40 as the announcer said we were 1 point apart. They picked the other guy he had better legs but I thought my upper body beat him. Anyway my girlfriend deserves all the medals as I was an ass the entire drive grumpy and sick and even through up in our bathroom last night in addition to having no stop gas the entire time

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #626 on: August 14, 2021, 03:43:01 PM »
I lost out on winning the over 40 by 1 point I kind of throught I had the over 40. I took 3rd in the Open and 3rd in the true novice. I was 205lbs on stage. I was worried they were going to give me 4th in open and I thought I deserved 3rd so glad I got that . Only issue is I did think I should have won the over 40 but it’s a subjective sport.

Congratulations Bhank!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #627 on: August 14, 2021, 03:44:57 PM »
They had us do a pose off for the over 40 as the announcer said we were 1 point apart. They picked the other guy he had better legs but I thought my upper body beat him. Anyway my girlfriend deserves all the medals as I was an ass the entire drive grumpy and sick and even through up in our bathroom last night in addition to having no stop gas the entire time

You look like a champ, but you're health is the 'shits'. Better start taking better care of yourself. ;)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #628 on: August 14, 2021, 03:46:03 PM »
But yeah according to the NPC this dude beats me by a point this is from the pose off they made us do at the finals . I mean yes his legs are thicker but I think I should have taken that. He has loose skin and my arms are better but yes he has more legs. Still was I robbed? What say Get big?

If I had not cut and come in at 215 I might have won the over 40 but I don’t think I could have taken top 3 in heavyweight open so kind of a trade off

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #629 on: August 14, 2021, 03:50:33 PM »
Got some hardware where are my Blue stars
Weak trophies for what the NPC and promoters charge.

You usually get a statue and a medal like Brian has.

One time in Manchester N.H. they gave us framed certificates.........I ripped the promoter a new asshole....spent a ton of money for 3 framed certificates he probably printed out on his PC and bought the frames at Dollar Fucking General.....cheap prick !!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #630 on: August 14, 2021, 03:51:33 PM »
But yeah according to the NPC this dude beats me by a point this is from the pose off they made us do at the finals . I mean yes his legs are thicker but I think I should have taken that. He has loose skin and my arms are better but yes he has more legs. Still was I robbed? What say Get big?

If I had not cut and come in at 215 I might have won the over 40 but I don’t think I could have taken top 3 in heavyweight open so kind of a trade off
Very hard to judge with just one comparison picture.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #631 on: August 14, 2021, 03:51:48 PM »

Congrats on the placings, and your blue stars  8)

Would need to see video of you two posing against each other to be able to give any fair comment on the final outcome, but whatever man - you did it!

(Now it's time to go after that Peach Cobbler sponsorship ;) ;D)
T

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: August 14, 2021, 03:53:45 PM »
My arms looked better my structure was better he just had thicker legs I think I should have taken the over 40

Will be interesting when I see the high def photos

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #633 on: August 14, 2021, 03:54:19 PM »
Brian how many competitors were in each of the classes you entered ?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #634 on: August 14, 2021, 03:55:42 PM »
You looked better than the other guy.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: August 14, 2021, 03:56:41 PM »
Brian how many competitors were in each of the classes you entered ?

Not a lot but enough I placed ahead of other people. The way I see it a lot of people were invited every gym rat in the state could have come they didn’t I did

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #636 on: August 14, 2021, 04:04:21 PM »
Congrats on the placings, and your blue stars  8)

Would need to see video of you two posing against each other to be able to give any fair comment on the final outcome, but whatever man - you did it!

(Now it's time to go after that Peach Cobbler sponsorship ;) ;D)

I agree that a video would help. Who the winner is in a bodybuilding competition is subjective. There are so many factors which play into that decision when folks are closely matched as Bhank and the other guy appear to be. The fellow who took 1st. appears a bit older....not sure if that makes a difference or not. You would have to get inside the judges heads to know what influences them one way or another.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #637 on: August 14, 2021, 04:09:12 PM »
Not a lot but enough I placed ahead of other people. The way I see it a lot of people were invited every gym rat in the state could have come they didn’t I did
I didn`t mean it that way,I just wondered because I always heard it was a huge contest.

I won the Over-40 Mr. Massachusettes overall one year......BUT .............no one else entered,,,,,,,it was a hollow victory but it wasn`t like I knew I`d be the only one up there ......200  guys could have been in it for all I knew.

After all that work,I wasn`t about to give the trophy back to the promoter.  ;D

I did the work,dieted hard,did the cardio....payed the entry fee well in advance................. ....................fuck it I was still happy...........I did all 3 divisions also it`s tough work up there.

Congrats again.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #638 on: August 14, 2021, 04:14:44 PM »
I lost out on winning the over 40 by 1 point I kind of throught I had the over 40. I took 3rd in the Open and 3rd in the true novice. I was 205lbs on stage. I was worried they were going to give me 4th in open and I thought I deserved 3rd so glad I got that . Only issue is I did think I should have won the over 40 but it’s a subjective sport.

Congrats!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #639 on: August 14, 2021, 04:20:47 PM »
congrats  8)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #640 on: August 14, 2021, 04:22:27 PM »

It's a toss up. I Look at it one way, and I go - "His legs are a lot better". I close my eyes and reset, and I say you got better arms and upper body.

Luck of the draw.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #641 on: August 14, 2021, 04:25:51 PM »
Well no one can call me short anymore. I am probably last in all the classes but at 43 with crohns on 5 days notice I think I did ok. Abs could have been tighter but cut down then added back water which probably was a mistake. Just figured after I saw everyone I wasn’t going to win anyway so may as well have some fluids.

Got a nice little chubby going there don't you buddy?

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #642 on: August 14, 2021, 04:27:28 PM »
His legs won it for him... Have got to give you respect for not wearing a thong.

Congratulations bhank, you looked great

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #643 on: August 14, 2021, 04:37:08 PM »
Got a nice little chubby going there don't you buddy?

No absolutely not I have not had an ounce of blood down there since I crashed my estrogen and dropped my TRT a week ago

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #644 on: August 14, 2021, 04:40:33 PM »
My arms looked better my structure was better he just had thicker legs I think I should have taken the over 40

Will be interesting when I see the high def photos

Did the judges award him a point for wearing glasses in a pose down?  Lol

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #645 on: August 14, 2021, 04:47:21 PM »
Congrats!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #646 on: August 14, 2021, 04:53:31 PM »
Anyway thanks everyone for the support I feel I could have done things differently and brought a better package but at least I did it and got the tshirt. I know what I would do differently and what to work on now. I will definitely not do light heavy again or cut any weight going forward just won’t bulk as much  and walk around closer to a stage ready 215. But not doing a show again for a while. 

Losing by 1 point does kind of make me want to prep a little more seriously and get that over 40 win

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #647 on: August 14, 2021, 04:53:49 PM »
Time to celebrate with a nice peach cobbler, Bhank.

Congrats.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #648 on: August 14, 2021, 04:59:35 PM »
Anyway thanks everyone for the support I feel I could have done things differently and brought a better package but at least I did it and got the tshirt. I know what I would do differently and what to work on now. I will definitely not do light heavy again or cut any weight going forward just won’t bulk as much  and walk around closer to a stage ready 215. But not doing a show again for a while. 

Losing by 1 point does kind of make me want to prep a little more seriously and get that over 40 win
That`s a post full of wisdom....you did great bud.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #649 on: August 14, 2021, 05:14:34 PM »
Very hard to judge with just one comparison picture.

Back shots probably would show the difference.  But good on bhank he got up there and followed through.