Author Topic: This is Cool (Ford Pickup Retro)  (Read 1616 times)

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
This is Cool (Ford Pickup Retro)
« on: November 03, 2021, 04:07:49 PM »
Ford has unveiled a retro '70s concept electric pickup
https://mashable.com/article/ford-electric-truck-pickup-vintage
"

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: This is Cool (Ford Pickup Retro)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 04:10:40 PM »
I have a 79 bronco, this would be cool.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 04:16:26 PM »
Looks like the trucks used in the movie “No Country For Old Men”

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 04:25:21 PM »
Always liked those.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 04:33:52 PM »
Love it when they bring back the old designs but updated. Now if they  do that with a 65 mustang- I'm in!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 05:28:02 PM »
Chassis won't pass any safety standards, this is a trojan horse to get car guys into EV swaps.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 06:04:35 PM »
Stopped reading after electric

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 06:19:33 PM »
They’ll make it feminine like they did the Bronco. Bet it’ll have a 4 cylinder lol

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2021, 12:56:54 AM »
Stopped reading after electric

Agreed. Have fun doing any self repair work on these electric cars that they are making future models of. And best of luck affording the parts if anyone even tries to self repair any issue that happens.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2021, 01:20:11 AM »
Interesting marketing campaign and style, especially with the cowboy, mountain range and retro style. Looks like the cowboy might even have a rifle? They are subtly targeting a distinct market, who likely are conservative. Even the major companies are aware of the split of America and marketing accordingly. Segregation will just naturally happen over time and there will be 2 Americas. We are already seeing it. Not necessarily separated by race, but by different values. Cool truck by the way. Biden better allow them to dig a lot more coal to create all the electricity needed for all these new electric cars.

bLuEeYes

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2021, 01:22:12 AM »
Love it when they bring back the old designs but updated. Now if they  do that with a 65 mustang- I'm in!
Collectors will be pissed.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2021, 02:21:03 AM »
Sweet!!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2021, 02:39:40 AM »
 :)

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2021, 05:11:33 AM »
Looks cool.  The electric hummer for 2023 looks cool too in a futuristic way. 

They don't have a good enough charging station infrastructure where I am for the electrics to be as convenient as a gas car but I think eventually in 15 years or so they'll be the majority of cars sold.  People will bitch about not being able to work on them but they did that with carburetors too.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2021, 05:29:21 AM »
Agreed. Have fun doing any self repair work on these electric cars that they are making future models of. And best of luck affording the parts if anyone even tries to self repair any issue that happens.

That's a great point.  I follow Formula 1 and I see them wearing rubber gloves to protect against shocks - what's the betting that a lot of panels on these new vehicles have got lots of sparks and skull and crossbones symbols on them?! ;D

T

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2021, 05:46:30 AM »
When we are all driving electric cars imagine how much electricity will cost?  They will have to double the amount of power plants. What will the power plants run on, coal, gas, oil or nuclear? Traveling far then you will have to plan for down day of charging after 250 miles. The combined cost of a hotel room and charging station will be through the roof. Near me Nissan sells one electric car. Their selling point is  free charging at the dealership. They keep cars parked at the charging station 24/7 so you can't charge your car.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2021, 06:37:29 AM »
When we are all driving electric cars imagine how much electricity will cost?  They will have to double the amount of power plants. What will the power plants run on, coal, gas, oil or nuclear? Traveling far then you will have to plan for down day of charging after 250 miles. The combined cost of a hotel room and charging station will be through the roof. Near me Nissan sells one electric car. Their selling point is  free charging at the dealership. They keep cars parked at the charging station 24/7 so you can't charge your car.

Exactly. Imagine a storm shutting power off as well so that you’re stranded when you can’t charge up.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2021, 07:58:30 AM »
Exactly. Imagine a storm shutting power off as well so that you’re stranded when you can’t charge up.

I have actually seen video of electric car owners that ride with containers of gas and a gas generator in the trunk for when they lose power and are no where near a charging place.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2021, 08:08:55 AM »
In 2019 Lithium mining for EV battery production worldwide produced an estimated 650 million metric tonnes of carbon emissions.

Not sure I see the clean energy sustainability in that?

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2021, 09:42:20 AM »
this beauty of a truck belongs to a getbigger who may or may not have giant vascular forearms (clearly not bhank)

"

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2021, 09:45:18 AM »
omg same getbigger , may rhyme with dazbin, has this also wowow

"

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2021, 09:51:12 AM »
In 2019 Lithium mining for EV battery production worldwide produced an estimated 650 million metric tonnes of carbon emissions.

Not sure I see the clean energy sustainability in that?

Truth. Lithium mining also uses an ungodly amount of fresh water. The greenies never think of these things.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2021, 09:54:47 AM »
The electricity isn't made in power plants but magically exists when you plug your car into the socket. AOC said so.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2021, 10:43:10 AM »
I have actually seen video of electric car owners that ride with containers of gas and a gas generator in the trunk for when they lose power and are no where near a charging place.

I heard they already make a car like that:

The Toyota Prius Prime Hints At The Electric Future Of ...

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2021, 03:56:34 PM »
Looks cool.  The electric hummer for 2023 looks cool too in a futuristic way. 

They don't have a good enough charging station infrastructure where I am for the electrics to be as convenient as a gas car but I think eventually in 15 years or so they'll be the majority of cars sold.  People will bitch about not being able to work on them but they did that with carburetors too.

Very true.

People into working on cars will still be able to.

Like my hot rod buddy driving his old Nova with a 355 and 4-barrel carb.

Wrenches gonna wrench.

Unless they ban working on cars, which California wants to do.