Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56378 times)

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #550 on: December 13, 2022, 04:15:58 PM »
I’m skeptical of it as I am with all diets with a title. Vegan, carnivore, keto, Atkins, intermittent gassing, people take them on and shizam: they never get sick, never have a tummy ache or headache, insomnia is resolved, their mental clarity skyrockets, they become a sexual dynamo, have more endurance, build more muscle, their skin clears up, and on and on.

In the case of vegans, they become unhealthy. In the cases of others, there’s no proof their way of eating is healthier than people who eat more varied diets with healthy foods.

It’s all mostly BS.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #551 on: December 13, 2022, 04:24:48 PM »
I literally cant....

But I will. Stop eating like slobs, and workout.

My services are free.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #552 on: December 14, 2022, 12:54:12 AM »
I’m skeptical of it as I am with all diets with a title. Vegan, carnivore, keto, Atkins, intermittent gassing, people take them on and shizam: they never get sick, never have a tummy ache or headache, insomnia is resolved, their mental clarity skyrockets, they become a sexual dynamo, have more endurance, build more muscle, their skin clears up, and on and on.

In the case of vegans, they become unhealthy. In the cases of others, there’s no proof their way of eating is healthier than people who eat more varied diets with healthy foods.

It’s all mostly BS.
Dieticians need to make a living.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #553 on: December 17, 2022, 02:16:19 PM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #554 on: December 17, 2022, 02:20:02 PM »
Eat it before it eats you.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #555 on: December 17, 2022, 02:23:02 PM »
i did it for a while... decent improvements to health and performance, but unsustainable. right now i am doing a carb cycling diet, which is more sustainable and had mostly the same benefits for me:

days 1 - 3: <100g carb. main meals meat and vegetable stir fry. i also regularly eat protein bars, or a protein shake with whey, banana, peanut butter, spinach, and water. the other carbs come from vegetables (minimal), some breading on the meat occasionally, and a piece of fruit or two.
day 4: whatever i want, but make sure to get lots of carbs. i usually add a whole pound of pasta to my meat/veg stir fry. may add some deserts if im feeling like it.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #556 on: December 17, 2022, 02:29:08 PM »
i did it for a while... decent improvements to health and performance, but unsustainable. right now i am doing a carb cycling diet, which is more sustainable and had mostly the same benefits for me:

days 1 - 3: <100g carb. main meals meat and vegetable stir fry. i also regularly eat protein bars, or a protein shake with whey, banana, peanut butter, spinach, and water. the other carbs come from vegetables (minimal), some breading on the meat occasionally, and a piece of fruit or two.
day 4: whatever i want, but make sure to get lots of carbs. i usually add a whole pound of pasta to my meat/veg stir fry. may add some deserts if im feeling like it.

Has this had any positive effects on your bloodwork?

I eat mainly carnivore/very low carb M-F.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #557 on: December 17, 2022, 02:59:55 PM »

Glad you found something that works for you and that you can sustain long term!

I've been on a carnivore diet consistently for over 3 years.  So far I don't see any reason to stop eating this way.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #558 on: December 17, 2022, 04:14:11 PM »
Has this had any positive effects on your bloodwork?

I eat mainly carnivore/very low carb M-F.

not sure, haven't done it in years... i do know that my cholesterol changes with diet, contrary to what some may think.

that sounds like a good diet.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #559 on: December 18, 2022, 01:03:36 AM »

Similar to the anabolic diet.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #560 on: January 01, 2023, 10:07:45 AM »
Lionel Messi and Argentina carnivores take 6,000lbs of meat to Qatar for juicy BBQs

November 18, 2022

Argentina's World Cup squad have been outed as the competition’s largest carnivores after it emerged they plan to get through nearly 6,000 pounds of meat in Qatar.

It was reported on Thursday (November 19) Lionel Messi and his teammates were staying at “student digs” so they could enjoy traditional beef barbecues.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/argentina-meat-world-cup-messi-28527147

Argentina beats France to win the 2022 World Cup

December 19, 2022

The 2022 World Cup came to an end Sunday, with Argentina as the victors.

https://www.npr.org/sections/pictureshow/2022/12/19/1144086232/argentina-wins-world-cup-final-photos

Lionel Messi's 2022 World Cup: Argentina's superstar is having the best international tournament of his career

At the age of 35, Lionel Messi has been arguably the best player at the 2022 World Cup.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/lionel-messi-at-the-2022-world-cup-argentinas-superstar-is-having-the-best-international-tournament-of-his-c/

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #561 on: January 02, 2023, 01:10:14 AM »
Deadpool 2023. :-X

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #562 on: January 02, 2023, 08:38:41 AM »
Glad you found something that works for you and that you can sustain long term!

I've been on a carnivore diet consistently for over 3 years.  So far I don't see any reason to stop eating this way.

You thought of adding fruit in like that youtube dr guy (saldino I think)?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #563 on: January 02, 2023, 08:51:20 AM »
You thought of adding fruit in like that youtube dr guy (saldino I think)?

No, haven't had fruits or vegetables for 3 years, and I see no reason to start now.  My physical and mental health have improved tremendously, to the point my skeptic doctors are beginning to become believers, one of many reasons why I'm able to sustain this way of eating long term.  My fear of going back to being in poor health is much stronger than any temptation to eat carbs again.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #564 on: January 02, 2023, 09:31:44 AM »
how does anyone ever "Cut" on a carnivore diet

nobody I have ever seen doing keto of any kind is able to get sub 10% bodyfat imo

there's a reason all stage competitors cycle carbs for macros to get shredded

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #565 on: January 02, 2023, 10:34:05 AM »
how does anyone ever "Cut" on a carnivore diet

nobody I have ever seen doing keto of any kind is able to get sub 10% bodyfat imo

there's a reason all stage competitors cycle carbs for macros to get shredded

People go on a keto/carnivore diet to lose fat and/or improve health.  If a person is doing drugs, why would they go on a keto diet for a bodybuilding contest?

Haven't heard yet of anyone using a keto diet as a bodybuilding pre-contest diet.

I personally have lost 30 pounds of body fat while maintaining muscle, without even trying and without cardio training.  The first 20 pounds came off in the first 6 months.  The last 10 pounds took a lot longer.  I'm not sure this would work as a 3 to 4 month pre-contest diet.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #566 on: January 02, 2023, 10:42:48 AM »
People go on a keto/carnivore diet to lose fat and/or improve health.  If a person is doing drugs, why would they go on a keto diet for a bodybuilding contest?

Haven't heard yet of anyone using a keto diet as a bodybuilding pre-contest diet.

I personally have lost 30 pounds of body fat while maintaining muscle, without even trying and without cardio training.  The first 20 pounds came off in the first 6 months.  The last 10 pounds took a lot longer.  I'm not sure this would work as a 3 to 4 month pre-contest diet.

makes sense thanks

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #567 on: January 02, 2023, 10:49:46 AM »
No, haven't had fruits or vegetables for 3 years, and I see no reason to start now.  My physical and mental health have improved tremendously, to the point my skeptic doctors are beginning to become believers, one of many reasons why I'm able to sustain this way of eating long term.  My fear of going back to being in poor health is much stronger than any temptation to eat carbs again.

I honestly think the carnivore advocates who starting lobbying for adding fruit and vegetables are just sick of eating meat.

Seems too convenient = meaning, if carnivore was everything they thought it was, why change?
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #568 on: January 02, 2023, 10:58:08 AM »

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #569 on: January 02, 2023, 11:06:39 AM »
Eating a low carb diet is where is at

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #570 on: January 02, 2023, 11:14:59 AM »
I honestly think the carnivore advocates who starting lobbying for adding fruit and vegetables are just sick of eating meat.

Seems too convenient = meaning, if carnivore was everything they thought it was, why change?

I agree, and I thought the same about Saladino.  I think he just has a sweet tooth and won't admit it.  He eats honey too everyday.

He claims he didn't feel his best on carnivore alone, but if that's true I believe he wasn't consuming enough fat and he was consuming too many organ meats.  He probably overdosed on vitamin A and on some minerals.

Besides, if you add fruits and vegetables, it's no longer a carnivore diet.  It's a Paleo diet.  People can eat whatever they want, but let's be honest and call it what it is.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #571 on: January 02, 2023, 11:54:03 AM »
I agree, and I thought the same about Saladino.  I think he just has a sweet tooth and won't admit it.  He eats honey too everyday.

He claims he didn't feel his best on carnivore alone, but if that's true I believe he wasn't consuming enough fat and he was consuming too many organ meats.  He probably overdosed on vitamin A and on some minerals.

Besides, if you add fruits and vegetables, it's no longer a carnivore diet.  It's a Paleo diet.  People can eat whatever they want, but let's be honest and call it what it is.
Tbh I eat the Anabolic diet, it's Monday through Friday basically a zero carb diet (you can have 30-50 grams of carbs though) and the weekend is to carb up

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #572 on: January 02, 2023, 11:59:28 AM »
Tbh I eat the Anabolic diet, it's Monday through Friday basically a zero carb diet (you can have 30-50 grams of carbs though) and the weekend is to carb up

Mauro DiPasquale wrote some great books...

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #573 on: January 02, 2023, 12:23:26 PM »
Mauro DiPasquale wrote some great books...
Yes, he knew his stuff and was a powerlifting champion himself. His ideas weren't new though, he learned his stuff from others, from the past

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #574 on: January 02, 2023, 12:27:48 PM »
I believe go4it used carnivore and keto for his preps

Trestaco used keto as well