Author Topic: Serious Training Thread  (Read 181204 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Serious Training Thread
« Reply #675 on: December 31, 2022, 07:32:23 AM »
And what organization recognizes that record? Like I said y’all going to be real mad. And you assholes ruined my thread I started about training you want to argue about everything but training. So keep telling yourself jumping jacks and leg raises is hardcore training I am going for powerlifting world records
No,you are gonna` do 3 curls.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #676 on: December 31, 2022, 07:37:28 AM »
And what organization recognizes that record? Like I said y’all going to be real mad. And you assholes ruined my thread I started about training you want to argue about everything but training. So keep telling yourself jumping jacks and leg raises is hardcore training I am going for powerlifting world records

The Jo Swift BB federation, I just set it up now.

No one would give you any props here if you beat Eddie Halls deadlift record, its because you have been a total asshole since you got here

Your training now consists of 6 sets of bicep curls
Fuck me your legs are going to be awesome in 6 months

All you have done is realised you cant be a bodybuilder so now have switched to something else and pretend the failure in your life never happened, its the same with your MMA career, you would never have told anyone here about your zero wins record unless we found out.

You will fail at this as well and then pretend that failure was something out of your control

PS didnt you read my two posts about blowing smoke up your arse and you not noticing?
You cant have because you really believed people were behind you a few pages back

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #677 on: December 31, 2022, 07:49:54 AM »
It’s only 3.5lbs heavier than what I did in my first meet on my 3rd lift and I had more in me.

Just a minute

If you lifted that and didnt place then what did the other competitors in your class lift?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #678 on: December 31, 2022, 08:06:28 AM »
Rope pulling machine: 5 minutes

Back:

Wide grip chins: 6 sets
Machine rows: 4 sets
Low pulley rows: 4 sets
Hammer strength pulls: 4 sets
Stiff arm lat pulldowns: 4 sets

Hyperextensions: 4 sets

Treadmill: 35 minutes.
X

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #679 on: December 31, 2022, 08:36:32 AM »
The largest Mickey Mouse Organization that some guy made up because he found out he was pretty good at curling and collecting membership and entry fees.

:D

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #680 on: December 31, 2022, 08:41:48 AM »
Just a minute

If you lifted that and didnt place then what did the other competitors in your class lift?

I placed 2nd in the open and first in the masters division for my weight class. To be honest I wa so focused on me and what I was doing I don’t even know what the guy who won the Open lifted

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #681 on: December 31, 2022, 08:46:51 AM »
Do you ???

Nope but I am 3.5lbs away from setting one just waiting for the 2023 meet schedule

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #682 on: December 31, 2022, 08:49:22 AM »
I guess someone is going to have to come along and clean this thread up, it'll be 3 pages long by the time I'm done deleting Bhanks bullshit. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #683 on: December 31, 2022, 08:54:24 AM »
I placed 2nd in the open and first in the masters division for my weight class. To be honest I wa so focused on me and what I was doing I don’t even know what the guy who won the Open lifted

so there was just you in your class and 2 in the open

Gotcha, you didnt beat anyone...

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #684 on: December 31, 2022, 09:08:09 AM »
I have a friend with over 50+ world records in the USAWA, from 1-arm deadlift (500+ lbs) neck-lift (800+ lbs), lifted the Dinne-Stones over 30 years ago (feet side by side, no straddle), 5-time cancer survivor, etc.
(Of course, in the Guiness Record book many times) but you would not know any of it. Quiet/humble guy.

Yet Brian is here talking shit to everyone, and owning (and bragging about) a record he may get in the future.
Someone needs to study this guys raisinette (brain).  CTE or something.  ???

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #685 on: December 31, 2022, 09:11:03 AM »
I have a friend with over 50+ world records in the USAWA, from 1-arm deadlift (500+ lbs) neck-lift (800+ lbs), lifted the Dinne-Stones over 30 years ago (feet side by side, no straddle), 5-time cancer survivor, etc.
(Of course, in the Guiness Record book many times) but you would not know any of it. Quiet/humble guy.

Yet Brian is here talking shit to everyone, and owning (and bragging about) a record he may get in the future.
Someone needs to study this guys raisinette (brain).  CTE or something.  ???
He's desperate for acceptance and accolades from strangers. He's got a fragile little ego.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #686 on: December 31, 2022, 09:13:51 AM »
He's desperate for acceptance and accolades from strangers. He's got a fragile little ego.

I don't dislike the guy as most here do (since I don't have to live w/ him) but I find the behavior quite odd.
We have a guy or two here who are Psych majors and work in the field. They must have field day analyzing Brian.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #687 on: December 31, 2022, 09:19:30 AM »
Anyways:

Delts/MISC/Traps

* BNP's - 10 sets on Smith-Machine.
* Slingshot Bench - 6 sets (Was able to do some normal reps w/ 135 and shoulder is feeling better - BPC-157 is working)
    - 275 x 8
    - 295 x 5
    - 315 x 5
    - 325 x 3
    - 345 x 2
    - 350 x 1

* Rear Delt (Machine) - 4 sets
* D-Bell Incline Shrugs - 4 sets
* Rotary Calf - 4 sets

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #688 on: December 31, 2022, 09:51:40 AM »
Chest and back in garage

30 degree incline barbell press - 1x6, 1x8
Barbell rows - 1x10, 1x15
Medium grip pin press (4 inches from chest) - 1x8, 1x10
Single arm lat pulldown - 1x9, 1x12
Ez bar front raise - 2x12
Barbell shrug - 1x13, 1x16
Ez bar reverse curl 1x8

Mentioned it before but machines have made me weak as piss, I bought the recent “science” shit that they are apparently better for hypertrophy and went with it. The result is strength on a barbell has regressed, right shoulder and elbow elbow also feeling much better after a few weeks back doing barbell and cable work.

Fuck machines

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #689 on: December 31, 2022, 10:34:20 AM »
Performance is a good indicator of results. But let’s see an official competition lift. I am going to set a world record for my age group in my next meet. You guys can talk all the nonsense you want but I will have a world record in a matter of months. 160lbs is the record and I am going to crush it. What performance world records are you going to set this year?
  From what I saw in the video, Hanky will go over 160lbs and should have hit it in that initial contest. I thought a 4th attempt was granted for World record attempts?  He can clearly hit that lift. To put things in perspective, the top guys in Open are around 240 plus lbs.

The list posted can't be a world record list. Entire age groups are blank such as the 20-24 year old. The current records there don't appear to be world record lifts. Not even state record lifts. I see teenagers strict curling near 200lbs on Youtube. I bet a guy like Rob Guns on Getbig could hit 180 lbs or more if he trained specifically for this .

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #690 on: December 31, 2022, 10:35:50 AM »
  From what I saw in the video, Hanky will go over 160lbs and should have hit it in that initial contest. I thought a 4th attempt was granted for World record attempts?  He can clearly hit that lift. The top guys are over 250 lbs.

The list posted can't be a world record list. Entire age groups are blank such as the 20-24 year old. The current records there don't appear to be world record lifts. Not even state record lifts. I see teenagers strict curling near 200lbs on Youtube.

thats because there isnt anyone that age daft enoough to take it seriously

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #691 on: December 31, 2022, 10:42:35 AM »
thats because there isnt anyone that age daft enoough to take it seriously
  On Youtube, there are a ton of teens and early 20 something strict curling much more weight that 150 or 160. Hell, here is Lee Priest in the 45-50 age group doing 221 lbs.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #692 on: December 31, 2022, 10:51:01 AM »
  On Youtube, there are a ton of teens and early 20 something strict curling much more weight that 150 or 160. Hell, here is Lee Priest in the 45-50 age group doing 221 ]lbs.

Like I said, people dont take it seriously, its a fuck about in the gym, no one thinks of competing at it

Friend of mine from the gym had a go on one of the cross country ski machines , they are all linked up all over the world, he set it to 500 meters time trial

On his first go he was 3rd in the world

Brian Shaw did one on a rowing machine and broke the world record on his first go, my friend at the gym was 5 seconds behind him

no one gives a fuck about shit like that

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #693 on: December 31, 2022, 11:22:26 AM »
  On Youtube, there are a ton of teens and early 20 something strict curling much more weight that 150 or 160. Hell, here is Lee Priest in the 45-50 age group doing 221 lbs.

Lee was joking and using fake plates...

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #694 on: December 31, 2022, 11:26:01 AM »
Strict curls are OK, but it is not Powerlifting. Its an "odd lift" that was dropped from PL many moons ago.
The USAWA covers it, and a thousand other lifts. (1 arm bench, etc).
Again, lets not think its Powerlifting...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #695 on: December 31, 2022, 11:34:59 AM »
Chest and back in garage

30 degree incline barbell press - 1x6, 1x8
Barbell rows - 1x10, 1x15
Medium grip pin press (4 inches from chest) - 1x8, 1x10
Single arm lat pulldown - 1x9, 1x12
Ez bar front raise - 2x12
Barbell shrug - 1x13, 1x16
Ez bar reverse curl 1x8

Mentioned it before but machines have made me weak as piss, I bought the recent “science” shit that they are apparently better for hypertrophy and went with it. The result is strength on a barbell has regressed, right shoulder and elbow elbow also feeling much better after a few weeks back doing barbell and cable work.

Fuck machines
Good one brother....since I train at home I use no machines at all.

After years of using them because everyone did,I thought about it a lot and realized I never felt too many of them in the targeted muscle anyway, and I have a good mind/muscle connection.....I do miss leg machines though so hit a gym on leg days.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #696 on: December 31, 2022, 11:37:15 AM »
Strict curls are OK, but it is not Powerlifting. Its an "odd lift" that was dropped from PL many moons ago.
The USAWA covers it, and a thousand other lifts. (1 arm bench, etc).
Again, lets not think its Powerlifting...
^^^^ THIS but try telling Brian it`s not powerlifting.....he throws a hissy fit.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #697 on: December 31, 2022, 11:45:47 AM »
The Jo Swift BB federation, I just set it up now.

No one would give you any props here if you beat Eddie Halls deadlift record, its because you have been a total asshole since you got here

Your training now consists of 6 sets of bicep curls
Fuck me your legs are going to be awesome in 6 months

All you have done is realised you cant be a bodybuilder so now have switched to something else and pretend the failure in your life never happened, its the same with your MMA career, you would never have told anyone here about your zero wins record unless we found out.

You will fail at this as well and then pretend that failure was something out of your control

PS didnt you read my two posts about blowing smoke up your arse and you not noticing?
You cant have because you really believed people were behind you a few pages back

Again I have a lot more than 3 mma bouts I fought in Europe and Hawaii as well

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #698 on: December 31, 2022, 11:49:01 AM »
Again I have a lot more than 3 mma bouts I fought in Europe and Hawaii as well

and you lost all them as well or you would show us the records if they existed

You know, like Clegg with the video of your fight

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #699 on: December 31, 2022, 11:49:08 AM »
  From what I saw in the video, Hanky will go over 160lbs and should have hit it in that initial contest. I thought a 4th attempt was granted for World record attempts?  He can clearly hit that lift. To put things in perspective, the top guys in Open are around 240 plus lbs.

The list posted can't be a world record list. Entire age groups are blank such as the 20-24 year old. The current records there don't appear to be world record lifts. Not even state record lifts. I see teenagers strict curling near 200lbs on Youtube. I bet a guy like Rob Guns on Getbig could hit 180 lbs or more if he trained specifically for this .

A 4th attempt is granted for world records but the meet was 2 days before my 45th birthday. 170lbs is the record for the 40-44 age group.

The 20-24 age group is the open division and the record is 198lbs for the 220lb weight class . I do believe rob would do very well if he trained for strict curl