Author Topic: Federal Reserve - 0.25% rate rise today 03-22-22 from the Fed  (Read 15872 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Federal Reserve - 0.25% rate rise today 03-22-22 from the Fed
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2023, 04:38:15 AM »
fich downgrade...

bye bye USA

Ummmm the US deal only in USD debt. Immune to currency fluctuations when everything is priced in the denomination they own and can print.

US ready to unleash the rest of the first wave of inflation on the world and kick us all in the guts once again.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2023, 10:22:49 PM »
Another point for Mayday and another loss for the US collapse crew.

US debt to GDP has improved 5% which is the monetisation of debt I have talked about.

Fuel price here is back at peak (USD1.60/L for my American friends) and not one single word on social media…….

I have price at USD2.18/L to USD2.56/L in 2025. This will happen prior to our proper recession in 2026 and is the first breaking point in consumer energy.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2023, 04:11:42 PM »

Q3 GDP coming in over +5% and social media is calling we are in a recession again.

House pipeline remains higher than 2019 levels….. BUT construction time has doubled meaning it takes twice as long to draw down on that pipeline.

Rental vacancies are at lows. Renters starting to enter as buyers due to lack of being able to rent. It’s simply easier to own despite what people think about rates and prices.

This is how an inflationary cycle looks. Total confusion by the masses as everything swings in the opposite direction and they don’t understand why.

CPI has bottomed. We swing up now which is why rates on 1/11 will be +0.25% which I Said months ago.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2023, 04:40:21 PM »
Do you still think Aust will raise interest rates now that the government have effectively nationalised the RBA by stealth, appreciate the difference in mortgage types Aust to US and that higher rates there could cause a crash with so many exposed to rising rates.  IMO rates should be at least 1% higher and government are driving  high inflationary policy and don't want the resulting higher mortgage rates and the financial stress that comes with it to effect their re election position.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2023, 04:47:19 PM »

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2023, 05:29:44 PM »
Happy with 3.75% we got in 2020. Could not imagine paying double for my current home.
T

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2023, 07:42:55 PM »
USA is the cleanest shirt in the dirty clothes hamper. Until it isn't.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2023, 01:26:49 AM »
Do you still think Aust will raise interest rates now that the government have effectively nationalised the RBA by stealth, appreciate the difference in mortgage types Aust to US and that higher rates there could cause a crash with so many exposed to rising rates.  IMO rates should be at least 1% higher and government are driving  high inflationary policy and don't want the resulting higher mortgage rates and the financial stress that comes with it to effect their re election position.

Australia moved rates up with CPI. Short lag which is fairly typical. So us stopping at 4.1% signaled we had turned the corner of peak CPI. No need to us to hike here. RBA is autistic awesome so likely we hold for 2yrs or whatever and go up again in 2026 or something as I’m assuming we go higher.

The US….. well you lot raised WAY too late. Never waited that long in responding to CPI before. Rates  were 0.8% vs 9% CPI and then hiked to oblivion well after CPi had peaked and backed off. This means the inflation cycle was already fixing itself therefore any move above 1% is technically an overtighten due to timing lag.

The US has done this on purpose remember so they have a plan. because it’s a ‘first’ I have nothing to read off but it’s possible the huge lag was done to keep rates up above 5% on purpose ie no cuts then let inflation kick up higher. Rates are inflationary so keeping them up is what drives wages and prices.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2023, 06:05:23 AM »

Mines 2.75 on a 15 year note. I thought about refinancing back in 2019-2020 and to refinance on a ten year would’ve put it down to 2.1 and would’ve paid off at the same time, and saved me about $400 a month. Like an idiot I slept on that and didn’t fill out the paperwork because Truist was being difficult with the refi because I had filed an extension on my taxes so I said fuck it and didn’t go through with it. Only good thing is that I’ve paid down enough on it to be able to stroke a check next year to have it paid off. Could theoretically do it this year but I doubt I’ll do it.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2023, 08:39:18 AM »

Mines 2.75 on a 15 year note. I thought about refinancing back in 2019-2020 and to refinance on a ten year would’ve put it down to 2.1 and would’ve paid off at the same time, and saved me about $400 a month. Like an idiot I slept on that and didn’t fill out the paperwork because Truist was being difficult with the refi because I had filed an extension on my taxes so I said fuck it and didn’t go through with it. Only good thing is that I’ve paid down enough on it to be able to stroke a check next year to have it paid off. Could theoretically do it this year but I doubt I’ll do it.

No need to refinance. Cheat the bank out of their profit on interest by prepaying the principal every month. Send a check to the bank for the mortgage payment and a separate check where you write in the memo to be applied to principal only. Get yourself an amortization schedule for your mortgage. Many years ago I was so ignorant about mortgages.  A Coworker sat me down and explained how to shorten the loan and how to keep the bank from making a mint on the interest. This seems like common sense but I didn't know it at the time.  He showed me an amortization schedule for a 30 year fixed mortgage. 360 monthly payments.  For the sake of illustration he showed my payment one could be $1000 with 50 bucks going to principal reduction. $950 is going to the bank in interest.  When you get to the end of a 30 year fixed mortgage you still have the same $1000 payment but now 50 is going to the bank for interest and $950 is paying off the loan. Every month the ratios change.  He taught me you can track your progress by giving extra every month especially in the first 15 years of the loan and I would see how far it moved me down the chart. My first house was a 30 year loan. In 14 years I was nearly finished paying it off. Used the money from that sale to my what for me is my dream house. I have three years to go on this mortgage. I will ride it out for two more years then pay the last year off completely.  Property taxes are sick in NJ with many paying over 10K. Seniors get to lock their property taxes so it can't increase. Can't wait to file that paper work.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2023, 09:10:59 AM »
No need to refinance. Cheat the bank out of their profit on interest by prepaying the principal every month. Send a check to the bank for the mortgage payment and a separate check where you write in the memo to be applied to principal only. Get yourself an amortization schedule for your mortgage. Many years ago I was so ignorant about mortgages.  A Coworker sat me down and explained how to shorten the loan and how to keep the bank from making a mint on the interest. This seems like common sense but I didn't know it at the time.  He showed me an amortization schedule for a 30 year fixed mortgage. 360 monthly payments.  For the sake of illustration he showed my payment one could be $1000 with 50 bucks going to principal reduction. $950 is going to the bank in interest.  When you get to the end of a 30 year fixed mortgage you still have the same $1000 payment but now 50 is going to the bank for interest and $950 is paying off the loan. Every month the ratios change.  He taught me you can track your progress by giving extra every month especially in the first 15 years of the loan and I would see how far it moved me down the chart. My first house was a 30 year loan. In 14 years I was nearly finished paying it off. Used the money from that sale to my what for me is my dream house. I have three years to go on this mortgage. I will ride it out for two more years then pay the last year off completely.  Property taxes are sick in NJ with many paying over 10K. Seniors get to lock their property taxes so it can't increase. Can't wait to file that paper work.

https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/ptr/

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2023, 09:14:39 AM »
If you have a 2-3% mortgage you might be better to keep it and buy CDs or money markets at 5% instead of paying it off.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2023, 09:42:47 AM »
Australia moved rates up with CPI. Short lag which is fairly typical. So us stopping at 4.1% signaled we had turned the corner of peak CPI. No need to us to hike here. RBA is autistic awesome so likely we hold for 2yrs or whatever and go up again in 2026 or something as I’m assuming we go higher.

The US….. well you lot raised WAY too late. Never waited that long in responding to CPI before. Rates  were 0.8% vs 9% CPI and then hiked to oblivion well after CPi had peaked and backed off. This means the inflation cycle was already fixing itself therefore any move above 1% is technically an overtighten due to timing lag.

The US has done this on purpose remember so they have a plan. because it’s a ‘first’ I have nothing to read off but it’s possible the huge lag was done to keep rates up above 5% on purpose ie no cuts then let inflation kick up higher. Rates are inflationary so keeping them up is what drives wages and prices.

They thought all the new money would circulate into the system, prices would rise for a while, and then stop. When it became obvious that inflation was not “transitory,” and the possibility of hyperinflation became real, they shit themselves and raised rates fast.

They all know Mises is right.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2023, 09:45:48 AM »
The Jig is up. They got away with the money printing scam for many years because of China’s growth, which was deflationary, offsetting the devaluations. That’s over.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2023, 10:28:49 AM »
The Jig is up. They got away with the money printing scam for many years because of China’s growth, which was deflationary, offsetting the devaluations. That’s over.

The first country with paper money was China with the Tang dynasty. When they didn't have enough money to run the bloated government was to print more money. They couldn't back the money printed after awhile. The inflation caused money to become valueless and the government collapsed.  This also happened in Venezuela. So many foreign governments backs their money with the US dollar. When they lose faith in the US dollar and back their currency with China, Saudi Arabia or Russia money this country will collapse into inflation that will be beyond painful. Houses will foreclose all over.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2023, 10:31:20 AM »
If you have a 2-3% mortgage you might be better to keep it and buy CDs or money markets at 5% instead of paying it off.

Buy a $300K house and see how much you will pay the bank over the course of 30 years. It's outrageous. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2023, 10:37:12 AM »
Buy a $300K house and see how much you will pay the bank over the course of 30 years. It's outrageous. 

I hear you.

Thank God for amortizing mortgages though or we couldn't buy homes.

I think a woman mathemtician invented them... not positive.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2023, 11:04:37 AM »
The first country with paper money was China with the Tang dynasty. When they didn't have enough money to run the bloated government was to print more money. They couldn't back the money printed after awhile. The inflation caused money to become valueless and the government collapsed.  This also happened in Venezuela. So many foreign governments backs their money with the US dollar. When they lose faith in the US dollar and back their currency with China, Saudi Arabia or Russia money this country will collapse into inflation that will be beyond painful. Houses will foreclose all over.

Other countries are even worse. At least the US has the biggest companies in the world and the strongest military. No one trusts the CCP’s money. That’s why it’s pegged to the dollar. It’s essentially a world wide race to the bottom.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2023, 11:09:42 AM »
Other countries are even worse. At least the US has the biggest companies in the world and the strongest military. No one trusts the CCP’s money. That’s why it’s pegged to the dollar. It’s essentially a world wide race to the bottom.

If the U.S.A. goes down the world will go into another Dark Ages.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2023, 11:18:29 AM »
If the U.S.A. goes down the world will go into another Dark Ages.

Chinese Stock Market 5 Year Chart.

That strike you as a growing economy? There’s a YouTube of a Chinese billionaire who came to the US. He said that in China, if you’re a billionaire you either end up dead or in jail. That kind of thing has a chilling effect on an economy.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2023, 12:07:18 PM »
Chinese Stock Market 5 Year Chart.

That strike you as a growing economy? There’s a YouTube of a Chinese billionaire who came to the US. He said that in China, if you’re a billionaire you either end up dead or in jail. That kind of thing has a chilling effect on an economy.

Looks more like the Hang Dong Index.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2023, 04:40:23 PM »
They thought all the new money would circulate into the system, prices would rise for a while, and then stop. When it became obvious that inflation was not “transitory,” and the possibility of hyperinflation became real, they shit themselves and raised rates fast.

It was done on purpose. They weren’t wrong about anything as the aim is to entrench inflation which takes 3-5yrs. After that, you achieve screaming fast commodity prices and wage inflation which raises GDP and lowers debt/GDP.

The question is why was such a huge lag used on purpose. The Fed had cuts originally in 2024, the market has priced cuts for 2024. The market was Horrifically wrong on the way up therefore my assumption is they are also wrong on the cuts. So it should be 2024 rates hold and CPI swings higher.

This should mean the lag on raising rates was done on purpose to ensure inflation goes higher and stays higher. The question is whether we go higher than the 70-80s.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2023, 02:31:11 AM »
Why don't they just change the whole monetary system worldwide? Maybe they will with the Great Reset.

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2023, 03:33:48 AM »

Mouse click money

They only have one trick which is to print with inflation masquerading as growth

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2023, 03:46:04 AM »
It was done on purpose. They weren’t wrong about anything as the aim is to entrench inflation which takes 3-5yrs. After that, you achieve screaming fast commodity prices and wage inflation which raises GDP and lowers debt/GDP.

The question is why was such a huge lag used on purpose. The Fed had cuts originally in 2024, the market has priced cuts for 2024. The market was Horrifically wrong on the way up therefore my assumption is they are also wrong on the cuts. So it should be 2024 rates hold and CPI swings higher.

This should mean the lag on raising rates was done on purpose to ensure inflation goes higher and stays higher. The question is whether we go higher than the 70-80s.

If this is the case and it was done on purpose then Jerome Powell is guilty of lying to the entire United States with his transitory spiele