Author Topic: Getbig Luxury Watch Thread - what do you got?  (Read 6046 times)

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Do we have a getbig luxury watch thread?
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2023, 06:01:46 PM »
I had an awesome Fossil  watch my ex girl gave me......got drinker than shit and robbed by three guys one night,did my best to fight the fuckers off but they took my watch.

I  tell my crazy cousin the next day he says.....FUCK THAT GET IN THE CAR WE`ll KILL  THE BASTARDS..........I told him that even if they were in the car with us I would`nt even recognize them.  LOL ;D

I was hammered.

The  weirdest part is when I left my house in the AM I had three hundred dollars on me....cut through the mall and Sears gave me a two dollar bill for filling out a Sears credit card form.................... .........I blew the three hundred on booze and cocaine so all they got was the watch and the two dollar bill.  ;D

guys you are slipping..

wes served this up on a platter..

my last watch was a fossil!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2023, 06:09:38 PM »

I’m assuming you kept the $2 bill as your “coke straw”? ;D
;D

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2023, 06:10:28 PM »
guys you are slipping..

Hahahaha.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2023, 06:10:31 PM »
guys you are slipping..

THAT`S NOT THE LEAST BIT FUNNY  !

;D

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2023, 06:10:59 PM »
;D

nope,  that's all prostitutes cost back then!!

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2023, 06:13:18 PM »

;D

better from me than someone mean brother!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2023, 06:16:38 PM »
nope,  that's all prostitutes cost back then!!
I owe for that  one  Rik...I`m  not that old......it was 7 dollars and 55 cents !  ;D

Which brings me to another story......I was in Ft. Lauderdale doing  the Southern States contest and this ancient witchlike broad on a bicycle with a basket on the front of it offered me a blowjob for seven dollars.........I gave her a ten spot and told her to keep on riding.....my dick  almost puked in my pants !  LOL  ;D

I am a weirdo magnet at times.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2023, 06:17:30 PM »
better from me than someone mean brother!!
;D

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2023, 06:18:45 PM »
I owe for that  one  Rik...I`m  not that old......it was 7 dollars and 55 cents !  ;D

Which brings me to another story......I was in Ft. Lauderdale doing  the Southern States contest and this ancient witchlike broad on a bicycle with a basket on the front of it offered me a blowjob for seven dollars.........I gave her a ten spot and told her to keep on riding.....my dick  almost puked in my pants !  LOL  ;D

I am a weirdo magnet at times.

HahahA me and two of my buddies were in the combat zone in Boston about 27 years ago and my buddy got a handjob for 7.00 cause that’s all he had. She was a nasty bitch but we were stoned and cocked and 17 years old.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2023, 06:48:02 PM »
I only wear a watch when I wear a suit or a sports jacket. Then it's a simple Citizen eco drive watch. I got the one with a black face. I see it as a decoration since we all have phones.

The watch I use running is a Garmin Forerunner. It does more things than I care to figure out on the watch. When I run it gives me the miles, pace per mile; time for the run; heart rate and few things I don't care about. It has some advanced feature that I would like figure out but I couldn't figure it out even watching youtubes about it.

I have used the same exact Casio model to wake me up for work for 40 years. You can throw it as far as you can throw letting land on concrete and it still works. One time I swam in the ocean with it and worked perfectly. It's indestructible. When the battery would die I would throw it out and buy a new one. The battery lasts about 5 plus years. You can still find the classic model for various prices but if you search you can get it for $20 bucks. It tells the time of course, wake up alarm, countdown alarm good for bag work and a stop watch. The watch pictured is not the exact watch I got but close enough.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2023, 06:52:34 PM »
HahahA me and two of my buddies were in the combat zone in Boston about 27 years ago and my buddy got a handjob for 7.00 cause that’s all he had. She was a nasty bitch but we were stoned and cocked and 17 years old.
I loved the combat zone......good old Beantown !

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2023, 06:54:35 PM »

^^^^ THE BEST watch in my vast collection.  ;)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2023, 06:58:55 PM »

;D

Wes had the original precision movement wrist wear.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2023, 07:19:09 PM »
I had a 2531.80, the standard blue bezel seamaster pro. The goldeneye.

I liked it a lot. Omega had better bracelets than Rolex by a mile, used to at least. I sold it and bought a datejust. The omegas price has dipped a lot and my datejust has appreciated, so it was a good money move.

Rolex copied Omega's solid end link.  I'm sure it's better than Omega's now. 

After I bought the Omega, I stopped looking at watches - quite the time saver!

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2023, 07:29:40 PM »
Rolex copied Omega's solid end link.  I'm sure it's better than Omega's now. 

After I bought the Omega, I stopped looking at watches - quite the time saver!

I don’t know. I don’t currently own any SEL bracelet watches, but I have owned a 16610 with a SEL bracelet and it was OK. The SMP bracelet with the two button deployment and divers extension was money. My datejust is on a jubilee two tone gold/stainless and literally feels fake. That’s how thin and rattly it is

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2023, 07:35:27 PM »
I talked to guy into watches. He said the counterfeit market is huge for luxury watches and many are duped thinking they bought the real deal. Happens a lot in the Caribbean and in Asia. He said China is behind most of it. When they break and they try to get it repaired they find out their steal of a bargain was a rip off.  The $5000 watch they bought for $1000 is a counterfeit not worth $250. In NYC in China town I use to run  into a China guy in the street who said he had Rolex watches brand new for a fantastic price. Nope, I wasn't born yesterday.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2023, 09:32:27 PM »
I don’t know. I don’t currently own any SEL bracelet watches, but I have owned a 16610 with a SEL bracelet and it was OK. The SMP bracelet with the two button deployment and divers extension was money. My datejust is on a jubilee two tone gold/stainless and literally feels fake. That’s how thin and rattly it is

Yeah, the jubilee bracelet is not my cup of tea.

My son has a 2022 Rolex Sub with the SEL, and it's really solid. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2023, 11:24:07 PM »

Wes had the original precision movement wrist wear.

;D

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2023, 04:13:22 AM »
I talked to guy into watches. He said the counterfeit market is huge for luxury watches and many are duped thinking they bought the real deal. Happens a lot in the Caribbean and in Asia. He said China is behind most of it. When they break and they try to get it repaired they find out their steal of a bargain was a rip off.  The $5000 watch they bought for $1000 is a counterfeit not worth $250. In NYC in China town I use to run  into a China guy in the street who said he had Rolex watches brand new for a fantastic price. Nope, I wasn't born yesterday.

Yeah it is and they make good ones but if your passion is Rolex watches wearing a fake will just make you mad. Also only buy from ADs. Grey market is loaded with scammers. Also buying grey you will pay 50%-100% mark up.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2023, 04:23:36 AM »
My favorite ss watch. Rolex 126600 50th anniversary sea-dweller 43. I am a watch fanatic. I don’t wear them to show anyone but myself. Usually covered with a sleeve.  It’s really all i will buy for myself. It’s something that bites you or it doesn’t. I don’t like jewelry but i love a watch. My friends and family don’t get it but i do.
Why would they, if you always cover them with sleeves they wont know you have one

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2023, 05:03:58 AM »
I own 1 watch, its a broken "3 Stooges" watch and its right on, 2x a day...
Jewelry, not my thing... My phone has a clock on it, I dont need a wrist-piece...

To each his own though, glad you enjoy...

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2023, 05:12:23 AM »
Why would they, if you always cover them with sleeves they wont know you have one

Cause they know I’ve been into watches for 30 years and always ask what I’m wearing and what it costs. Then when i tell them I’m wearing a 10k- 20k watch they go crazy and say they’re motorcycle costs less or whatever. It’s my thing and i would much rather spend 20k on a watch than a bike or boat or whatever. Also I’m far from rich but i will spend on the right watch cause you never lose money on a Rolex. So it’s an insurance policy as well. I remember picking up a platinum Daytona years ago for 35k off a degenerate gambler who needed cash. I wore it for a few months and then sold it for 50k that same watch now goes for 100-150k all day. Rolex is crazy. If you are lucky enough to get certain models which is extremely hard you can double your money same day. Daytona ss buy for 15k and walk out the door and sell for 30k within and hour.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2023, 05:21:02 AM »
Cause they know I’ve been into watches for 30 years and always ask what I’m wearing and what it costs. Then when i tell them I’m wearing a 10k- 20k watch they go crazy and say they’re motorcycle costs less or whatever. It’s my thing and i would much rather spend 20k on a watch than a bike or boat or whatever. Also I’m far from rich but i will spend on the right watch cause you never lose money on a Rolex. So it’s an insurance policy as well. I remember picking up a platinum Daytona years ago for 35k off a degenerate gambler who needed cash. I wore it for a few months and then sold it for 50k that same watch now goes for 100-150k all day. Rolex is crazy. If you are lucky enough to get certain models which is extremely hard you can double your money same day. Daytona ss buy for 15k and walk out the door and sell for 30k within and hour.

That’s what got me thinking about this. My buddy has one he wears and told me he got it for $17k from a guy who was on the waiting list for the watch for a year. The dude didn’t want it so he paid the guy to get it and kicked the dude and extra $1,500. Anyways, I was on a Disney cruise and they sold used Rolexes on the boat at one of the jewelry stores and had his same one in there for $27k. I had no idea these things were like a commodity.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2023, 05:42:02 AM »

That’s what got me thinking about this. My buddy has one he wears and told me he got it for $17k from a guy who was on the waiting list for the watch for a year. The dude didn’t want it so he paid the guy to get it and kicked the dude and extra $1,500. Anyways, I was on a Disney cruise and they sold used Rolexes on the boat at one of the jewelry stores and had his same one in there for $27k. I had no idea these things were like a commodity.

Yeah there is nothing like Rolex out there. It’s crazy. I bought a sub 126610ln from my AD about 6 months ago because he called and asked if I wanted it. I paid around 10.6k out the door and i drove to a grey dealer i in is and. Sold it to him for 16k so i made 5400 within an hour of purchase and he sold it for 17k next day. I remember about a year ago people paying 50k for the Rolex Daytona 116500 white dial and it was 15k from the AD. If you had a good relationship with an AD between 2020-2022 you could have a made killing. I also got a blnr on jubilee for around 11k out the door and sold for 17k next day. There was so much money to be made. There is still a lot just not as much as that timeframe.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2023, 06:02:11 AM »
Rob,I`ll trade you a nice 2010 Ford Focus for your cheapest Rolex.

Deal  ???