Author Topic: The Hanky Discount  (Read 979 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
The Hanky Discount
« on: January 20, 2024, 05:45:31 AM »
Trying to resolve Hanky's lies in my mind in light of the Clegg video, I realized there is a mathematical basis for understanding him.  He claims 12 reps equals 15 reps, which is a 25% increase.  His dad was not a Rhodes Scholar but "some other prestigious award".He claimed to have destroyed Clegg, which is Bullshit. Nothing to be ashamed of is NOT the same as something to be proud of, especially when you talk such unbelievable shit for weeks or months or years, further and further exaggerating as time goes by.  But there is often that kernel of truth in what he says.  The Charlotte bodybuilding show he quit was the same thing, his physique was at least 25% worse than he claimed. 

Therefore, the Hanky Discount Principle: Everything he says is exaggerated by at least 25%.  Therefoe, I will discount all future statements by this amount.

(This is only for normal times, not when he's hyped up on percs and Tyson lies like now).

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: The Hanky Discount
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 06:04:06 AM »
I like this

May I propose a secondary principle of wilful deceit by semantics - the "Moving Goalposts" effect

Example: The whole legal thing

Q:  *Have you ever been arrested, charged or in jail?
A:  All bogus charges against me were expunged and I've never been incarcerated

Or the SCN thing

Or the dropping out of the show thing

Full disclosure - I've been arrested twice myself and never charged - no time in any cell of any type.  Although to be fair, all of my fights were against men, so maybe that's the difference
T

38 returns

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig! BRIAN HANKINS IS TOO SCARED TO PHONE ME
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 06:05:35 AM »
surely its Semhanktics?

'the act of changing the meaning of a word or nuance to rewrite lies when found out
B

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 06:14:11 AM »
Applauding this analysis and conclusion, thanks.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 06:26:45 AM »
Trying to resolve Hanky's lies in my mind in light of the Clegg video, I realized there is a mathematical basis for understanding him.  He claims 12 reps equals 15 reps, which is a 25% increase.  His dad was not a Rhodes Scholar but "some other prestigious award".He claimed to have destroyed Clegg, which is Bullshit. Nothing to be ashamed of is NOT the same as something to be proud of, especially when you talk such unbelievable shit for weeks or months or years, further and further exaggerating as time goes by.  But there is often that kernel of truth in what he says.  The Charlotte bodybuilding show he quit was the same thing, his physique was at least 25% worse than he claimed. 

Therefore, the Hanky Discount Principle: Everything he says is exaggerated by at least 25%.  Therefoe, I will discount all future statements by this amount.

(This is only for normal times, not when he's hyped up on percs and Tyson lies like now).

I like the thinking and analysis. I whole heartedly agree.

However, how would this discount /taxation apply to drug use both rec and anabolics

I feel any steroid dosage mentioned by brain is cut in half to make it seem he isn’t blasting obscene amounts

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 06:31:20 AM »

However, how would this discount /taxation apply to drug use both rec and anabolics

I feel any steroid dosage mentioned by brain is cut in half to make it seem he isn’t blasting obscene amounts

when he "came off" for surgery he was still taking 500mgs a week, he NEVER dips below that

38 returns

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig! BRIAN HANKINS IS TOO SCARED TO PHONE ME
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2024, 06:50:10 AM »
Brian when 'off' takes more than Jeff pre-contest.
B

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2024, 06:58:39 AM »
Good fucking thread!  :D

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2024, 08:10:18 AM »

Great observation

I feel that this falls into both spheres of the Hank Venn Diagram here.  The Discount Principle applies to the amounts, sure, but I think that Semhanktics (thanks to 38) may be applied here due to  to the whole discovery-based sequence of:

- I take nothing - total natty here
- I used to take bioidentical prescription medication
- The bio-identical medication was testosterone at HRT level but nothing else
- HRT level being half a gram a week of course
- I was also prescribed Anadrol on occasion
- And Anavar
- And have blasted all sorts over a 20 year period
- With the occasional illegal Adderall, and self-prescribed diuretics, HGH and insulin
- That's OK, but if you take Melatonin you're Mike O'Hearn...

(This thread has potential!  ;D ;D)
T

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2024, 08:15:40 AM »
Haha based on the learned thoughts posited above an expanded draft compilation of said Principles could possibly be summarized into 2 overarching themes:

----------------------------------------------------

Any numerical claim:
Apply an Ego Adjustment

That being:
* A higher number boosts Hankins' Ego and NPD (e.g. reps):
                                  Automatically discount claim by 25% ("The Hanky Discount")

* A higher number deflates Hankins' Ego and NPD (e.g. bio-identical quantity):
                                   Automatically add 25% to claim

Once the default +/-25% correction has been applied, further bespoke adjustments can be used as deemed necesssary

Any non-numerical claim:
Apply The Omission Principle

That being:
Any key relevant word omitted from poster bhanks phrasing (e.g. Semhanktic avoidance of the word "arrest") is in general, via Hankin's Occam's Razor, likely to reveal the actual truth, or at the least the focus of any follow up question to be applied in order to advance towards the truth

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2024, 08:20:45 AM »
Haha based on the learned thoughts posited above an expanded draft compilation of said Principles could possibly be summarized into 2 overarching themes:

Any numerical claim:
Apply an Ego Adjustment

That being:

Once the default +/-25% correction has been applied, further bespoke adjustments can be used as deemed necesssary

Any non-numerical claim:

That being:
Any key relevant word omitted from poster bhanks phrasing (e.g. semantic Semhanktic avoidance of the word "arrest") is in general, via Hankin's Occam's Razor, likely to reveal the actual truth, or at the least the focus of any follow up question to be applied in order to advance towards the truth

Respectfully one tiny suggestion if I may (trying to make this a thing)

Otherwise

T

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2024, 08:26:20 AM »
Great observation

I feel that this falls into both spheres of the Hank Venn Diagram here.  The Discount Principle applies to the amounts, sure, but I think that Semhanktics (thanks to 38) may be applied here due to  to the whole discovery-based sequence of:

- I take nothing - total natty here
- I used to take bioidentical prescription medication
- The bio-identical medication was testosterone at HRT level but nothing else
- HRT level being half a gram a week of course
- I was also prescribed Anadrol on occasion
- And Anavar
- And have blasted all sorts over a 20 year period
- With the occasional illegal Adderall, and self-prescribed diuretics, HGH and insulin
- That's OK, but if you take Melatonin you're Mike O'Hearn...

(This thread has potential!  ;D ;D)

Did someone say Mike O'Hearn?

"The look you give your partner when stepping out of any fitting room after trying on a new shirt"

"1"

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2024, 08:26:57 AM »
Respectfully one tiny suggestion if I may (trying to make this a thing)

Otherwise

Draft principle adjusted accordingly ;D

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2024, 12:22:25 PM »

Yes. I wasn’t considering reported drug dosages. Double those. Agreed.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2024, 12:24:11 PM »

Any numerical claim:
Apply an Ego Adjustment

That being:

Any non-numerical claim:

That being:
Any key relevant word omitted from poster bhanks phrasing (e.g. Semhanktic avoidance of the word "arrest") is in general, via Hankin's Occam's Razor, likely to reveal the actual truth, or at the least the focus of any follow up question to be applied in order to advance towards the truth

:D

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2024, 12:29:05 PM »

Any numerical claim:
Apply an Ego Adjustment

That being:

Any non-numerical claim:

That being:

Excellent iteration. The Theory of Semhanktics emerges. Pls submit to peer reviewed journal.

I’m currently working on a corollary involving claims of Hanky time.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2024, 12:33:13 PM »
Excellent iteration. The Theory of Semhanktics emerges. Pls submit to peer reviewed journal.

I’m currently working on a corollary involving claims of Hanky time.

I was recently thinking a bhanks "timeline of events" / curriculum-vitae would be nice.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2024, 01:03:37 PM »
I was recently thinking a bhanks "timeline of events" / curriculum-vitae would be nice.

Starting at age 3 when he was a World Class swimming champeen
T

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2024, 07:22:24 PM »
Here it is:

The Theory of Hanky Time Relativity: 

Anything positive done by Hanky ever (amount lifted, time breath held, fights/matches "won," condition or weight achieved, etc.) counts forever for him as his ability right now.  Anything positive achieved by another must be achievable by them right now or it doesn't count.

Any negative failure attributable to Hanky (Rocked by Clegg, quit on stool, DNF quit at show, Curl record denied, etc.) happened only on that one day, hour, minute, or second and has no relation to what he could do the next second, can do now, or will do in whatever arbitrary future period he chooses.  All failures of others are eternally attributable to them now.
This is applied over and above any excuses, Semhanktics or explanations he gives for his failures. 

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2024, 03:10:56 AM »
Here it is:

Anything positive done by Hanky ever (amount lifted, time breath held, fights/matches "won," condition or weight achieved, etc.) counts forever for him as his ability right now.  Anything positive achieved by another must be achievable by them right now or it doesn't count.

Any negative failure attributable to Hanky (Rocked by Clegg, quit on stool, DNF quit at show, Curl record denied, etc.) happened only on that one day, hour, minute, or second and has no relation to what he could do the next second, can do now, or will do in whatever arbitrary future period he chooses.  All failures of others are eternally attributable to them now.
This is applied over and above any excuses, Semhanktics or explanations he gives for his failures.

Outstanding work there Never - at this rate we'll soon need to start warming up the APA to see if this could make it into their PsycArticles section! ;D
T

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2024, 04:36:00 AM »
when he "came off" for surgery he was still taking 500mgs a week, he NEVER dips below that
funny coming from you a serious drug addict  :D

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2024, 04:41:35 AM »
Here it is:

100%... lmao!!!!..