Author Topic: What did you guys think of HHH commentating for the Mr Olympia?  (Read 10680 times)

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
Re: What did you guys think of HHH commentating for the Mr Olympia?
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 05:43:07 PM »
Who's the guy who MC's the ASC 2005? He's pretty good
I am a mini beast

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 05:45:14 PM »
Triple H is a hardcore bodybuilding fan who spends a lot of time attending bodybuilding shows. I have no problems with him commentating a bodybuilding show.

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 06:11:47 PM »
So, Heracles, let me be sure that I understand you.

You dislike the fact that HHH is a wrestler, despite the fact that he knows the sport, DID compete (won the Mass State Teen), and speaks in complete coherent sentences in a manner that entertains casual fans and informs and respects the hardcore fan.

I guess Joe "I've never seen the inside of a gym" Amato, Cory "I'm a hottie, but can't commentate intellegently" Everson and Kevin "Deer in the headlights" Levrone are bettrer choices.

Wow, really scratching my head on this one. ???

thisiskeith12

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 06:13:38 PM »

You dislike the fact that HHH is a wrestler, despite the fact that he knows the sport, DID compete (won the Mass State Teen), and speaks in complete coherent sentences in a manner that entertains casual fans and informs and respects the hardcore fan.

I guess Joe "I've never seen the inside of a gym" Amato, Cory "I'm a hottie, but can't commentate intellegently" Everson and Kevin "Deer in the headlights" Levrone are bettrer choices.

What about Bob and Dan. They fit well with each other. They are the Madden and Michaels of bodybuilding!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2006, 06:19:25 PM »
The 2006 Mr. Olympia wil be hosted by.......

SHAWN RAY and BOB CICHERILLO!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 06:19:44 PM »
I think triple H is fantastic for the olympia.
The guy is comfortable on the mic, and entertaining to boot.  That is a big step in the right direction for an Olympia contest.
Flower Boy Ran Away

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2006, 06:20:26 PM »

Thats cool, im funny like that. You know, into pro bodybuilding, was just bummed to see a pro wrestler commentating a show. KNow what I mean?

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2006, 06:22:44 PM »

I like that.

Keep the wrestler wrestling, or um..acting..And keep the Pro bodybuilders commentating pro bodybuilding.

Lets bring some SERIOUSNESS AND SOME PRESTIGE back to the THE MR O GUYS!  8)
I hope its organized better for 2005

And PLEASE TRASH THE CHALLENGE ROUND! IT SUCKS!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2006, 06:30:23 PM »

should prove to be interesting

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2006, 06:46:56 PM »
the challenge round has been officially retired!

Unchained81

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2006, 07:13:51 PM »
See, I thought that was corny..he was throwing a wrestling spin on it; I found that QUITE annoying.

MrO was always about a SUPER ULTRA PROFESSIONAL SHOW. The Pros deserve it. No SIllyness.. No Crap.

Posing trunk wedgies, butt shaking during posing routines, ultra professional, LOL.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2006, 07:32:27 PM »
the challenge round has been officially retired!

it has been replaced with a farting contest :-*
Flower Boy Ran Away

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2006, 07:33:49 PM »
Posing trunk wedgies, butt shaking during posing routines, ultra professional, LOL.

:( I dont thin so!  >:(

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 07:38:24 PM »
Shawn Ray tried his commentating skills a few years back and he was awful...HHH was and is an NPC judge.  He has followed bodybuilding all the way back from his high school days and knows more about bodybuilding history then almost every pro out there except probably Bob...knows how to be in front of a camera...Bodybuilding is lucky to have this guy on their side...His name alone brings viewers that would probably not watch if he wasn't commentating...

HHH and Mike Mattarazzo were pretty damn good together the year Gunter brought the house down...Shawn Ray and Bob will be a complete snooze fest...Although Bob will hold his own but Shawn will fall on his face...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2006, 07:42:50 PM »
Shawn Ray tried his commentating skills a few years back and he was awful...HHH was and is an NPC judge.  He has followed bodybuilding all the way back from his high school days and knows more about bodybuilding history then almost every pro out there except probably Bob...knows how to be in front of a camera...Bodybuilding is lucky to have this guy on their side...His name alone brings viewers that would probably not watch if he wasn't commentating...

HHH and Mike Mattarazzo were pretty damn good together the year Gunter brought the house down...Shawn Ray and Bob will be a complete snooze fest...

Actually, Shawn was the commentator (along with Dan Soloman) for the 2005 Mr O and he did a pretty good job. He was actually better than Dorian in the 2004 Arnold Classic. Word is that Dorian was so critical of every competitor that came out that after a while, he was taken aside and asked to 'tone it down' a tad.

And some of you guys are confusing the commenting and the hosting. There are 2 people that comment - usually a pro and some guy like Dan Soloman or Joe Amato (who doesnt do a bad job), and 2 people who host - usually HHH and someone else.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2006, 07:47:06 PM »
Actually, Shawn was the commentator (along with Dan Soloman) for the 2005 Mr O and he did a pretty good job. He was actually better than Dorian in the 2004 Arnold Classic. Word is that Dorian was so critical of every competitor that came out that after a while, he was taken aside and asked to 'tone it down' a tad.

And some of you guys are confusing the commenting and the hosting. There are 2 people that comment - usually a pro and some guy like Dan Soloman or Joe Amato (who doesnt do a bad job), and 2 people who host - usually HHH and someone else.

yeah i'll give you that but Shawn just can't help bringing himself into every convo...almost every statement he makes, he throws himself into the mix...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2006, 07:48:01 PM »
yeah i'll give you that but Shawn just can't help bringing himself into every convo...almost every statement he makes, he throws himself into the mix...

:-X

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2006, 07:49:06 PM »

Get Michael Buffer to do the announcing. Seriously

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2006, 07:57:18 PM »
It's people that are narrow minded that are keeping bbing from growing in stature. By getting someone like tripple H to host the show will bring new people to the bbing and new  money and new sponsers that really is the bigger picture and I mean come on the guy is not in bad shape and has been like that for years and you dont get like that with out knowing a thing or about bbing. My two cents.
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2006, 08:03:18 PM »
It's people that are narrow minded that are keeping bbing from growing in stature. By getting someone like tripple H to host the show will bring new people to the bbing and new  money and new sponsers that really is the bigger picture and I mean come on the guy is not in bad shape and has been like that for years and you dont get like that with out knowing a thing or about bbing. My two cents.

You have a point there. I agree...BUt I dont like mixing of pro WWE wrestling with Pro bodybuillding..its like pro bodybuilding is "Stooping" down to McMahons male soap opera world.  Even if pro wrestlers use just as much gear!  :o

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2006, 08:05:21 PM »
You have a point there. I agree...BUt I dont like mixing of pro WWE wrestling with Pro bodybuillding..its like pro bodybuilding is "Stooping" down to McMahons male soap opera world.  Even if pro wrestlers use just as much gear!  :o

Pro Bodybuilding isnt stooping down to Wrestling. Its trying to pull itself up to Wrestling.

Bring Michael Buffer as MC

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2006, 08:18:25 PM »
Yer I agree wwe has a gazilon more fans the bbing and lets face it at te end of the day its just huge guys in budgie smugglers on a stage with  bad lighting. It has to become a theatre sport or whatever you wanna call bbing because there is no other direction for it HHH know his stuff and proberly on his own has million fans that would read his coloums website or whatever see he is hosting the olympia and check it out there is a million fans already. Just got to bite the bullet if ya love bbing you will know this is the best thing for it any superstar of any sport/ theatre sport that you can get to cross promote another is only a good thing expessialy when there at the level like  HHH is at.
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2006, 11:04:07 PM »
Your right, I keep throwing myself in the mix.
 Not like I didn't have stage experience in the damn show.....Like 13 years of my 14 year Pro Career?
Doops, my bad, I fail to see where I could possibly draw comparisions of my experiences with those presently competing.
Out.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2006, 02:20:32 AM »
Your right, I keep throwing myslef in the mix.
 Not like I didn't have stage experience in the damn show.....Like 13 years of my 14 year Pro Career?
Doops, my bad, I fail to see where I could possibly draw comparisions of my experiences with those presently competing.
Out.

Yep. Thats where I am coming from, saying someone like you should be with you up there, not a pro wrestler. Its so silly. I dont care how many fans he might have.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2006, 02:23:52 AM »
How is wresling any different from bodybuilding?  Both involve wearing way too much spandex and mini shorts.  Both involve taking huge amount of supplements, touring, getting on stage, following a script, kissing ass... and whoever is penciled in as the winner on a given day, wins...